Menu
Ascend Federal Credit Union Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Ascend Federal Credit Union
reviews & complaints

www.ascend.org

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 14 Reviews

Ascend Federal Credit Union Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
14 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Ascend Federal Credit Union at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ascend Federal Credit Union has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ascend Federal Credit Union. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Ascend Federal Credit Union reviews & complaints 14

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Ascend Federal Credit Union reviews & complaints

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I paid my hole loan balance and they are reporting to the credit bureau

I paid my hole loan balance and they are reporting to the credit bureau. I have eliminated the balance and they are still reporting.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union Yes, I did an application online, then I came in and everything was nice

Yes, I did an application online, then I came in and everything was nice. So I left, got my ID, came back, and they said my credit is frozen. It's not allowing them to sign me up for a business account.

C

Ascend Federal Credit Union Yeah, I really need help

Yeah, I really need help. I've been going in circles. My bank card ain't working and I'm putting money in every day from my job. They keep transferring me to different places and I gotta pay my bills. I tried $226, then $135.00, and then $108.00, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Hide full review

Is Ascend Federal Credit Union legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Ascend Federal Credit Union as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Ascend Federal Credit Union stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Ascend Federal Credit Union should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Ascend Federal Credit Union earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Ascend Federal Credit Union achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Ascend Federal Credit Union. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

A long registered date for ascend.org can be seen as a positive aspect for Ascend Federal Credit Union as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Ascend Federal Credit Union's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Ascend.org has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Ascend Federal Credit Union website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Ascend.org has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Ascend Federal Credit Union and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Ascend Federal Credit Union has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 14 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Ascend Federal Credit Union protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I called to reopen a savings account with Ascend FCU

I called to reopen a savings account with Ascend FCU. I've been a member before, but I don't remember them checking my credit with a hard inquiry. I just noticed that Ascend did a hard inquiry on my *** credit report. Other credit unions where I have accounts didn't do any inquiries, so I want this one removed.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I went to Ascend Federal Credit Union to talk about a car loan

I went to Ascend Federal Credit Union to talk about a car loan. The loan officer told me my debt to income ratio was too much, so I couldn't get the loan. The next day, I get an email stating that my credit was pulled. They didn't tell me they were pulling my credit. I didn't sign anything or approve this. She only asked what my rent was and how much I got paid at my job. That was enough to deny me, so why pull my credit? I've worked hard to get my credit back to what it was a year ago. I don't appreciate my credit being pulled just so it can go back down.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I made a payment on Sept 10, 2021, but then there was another charge for a second payment and my money is being held

I made a payment on Sept 10, 2021, but then there was another charge for a second payment and my money is being held. I reached out to the bank to cancel and dispute this, but they said they can't do anything for 30 days. It's not right for a vendor to take one authorized payment and then have another pending, and my bank tells me they can't help. What's the point of a bank if they can't protect us from this? It's my account and my money, and nobody should be able to tell me there's nothing I can do. The second payment should be able to be stopped right away.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union We got a credit account that was charged off by Ascend Federal Credit Union

We got a credit account that was charged off by Ascend Federal Credit Union. They got a judgement against us and put a lien on our house. We've been trying to make payments, but we missed 2 and didn't communicate well. They knew my wife lost her job and then the pandemic happened. We made a payment on June 3 for the agreed amount, but they still took money from our bank account. Josie said they couldn't stop it, but that's not true. They got a levy on our bank account and took all our money for food, house, car, insurance payments, and stimulus payments. Josie, the collections agent, was rude and didn't want to help my wife. She told my wife to call every time we miss a payment and explain, even though they already know our situation and it's in the account notes! We just need at least half of the money they took from us ($2850). We're willing to work with them on the rest of the money we owe.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I went to this local branch recently to ask about reopening an account

I went to this local branch recently to ask about reopening an account. The person there checked my credit without asking me. On December 15th, I went in to ask about opening an account. The person checked my credit report without asking me. When I looked at my credit, I saw a hard inquiry from the bank for extending credit. I went back to the bank to get some answers. The person seemed confused about why my inquiry said extending credit and said sorry if I wasn't told about the credit check. She said she would tell her manager and I should expect a follow-up. Two weeks later, I went back to the bank to talk to the manager. She said she didn't know about my situation. She had me write down what happened. A few days later, she called me and said there's nothing they can do. She also said she talked to her employees about doing things right.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I've been a customer of Ascend Credit Union for over 8 years

I've been a customer of Ascend Credit Union for over 8 years. Unfortunately, when the pandemic hit in 2020, I lost my job and had no income. It took a long 7 months to receive my first unemployment disbursement. I explained this to *** at Ascend Federal Credit Union in March , letting them know that I couldn't make any payments due to my lack of income.

Fast forward to May , and I received a carrier letter delivered by hand, informing me of an arrest warrant issued by Ascend Federal Credit Union. I spoke with ***, the Asset Recovery Assistant Manager, who told me that my account had been closed and charged off in 2020, but my savings account was still active. She claimed that the warrant was issued because I hadn't spoken to the bank, which is not true.

On July 2, I paid off all the charges in full (see attached). I spoke with ***, who assured me that the warrant would be lifted and the necessary documentation would be sent. However, as of July 7th, I still haven't received anything despite my numerous attempts to contact her and the bank. This situation is causing me a great deal of stress.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I'm having a problem with a charge on my account and how Ascend handles it

I'm having a problem with a charge on my account and how Ascend handles it. There's a monthly payment to Badcock on my account. Last month, I made a $50.00 payment, which can be seen on my statement. But this month, they put a charge of almost $250.00 as pending on my account. I called Ascend to ask them to stop the charge. I didn't authorize that amount, and I wanted my money back in my account for now. They told me that their policy says that since it was "preauthorized," it doesn't matter if it's pending or not. They can't do anything until the funds are released to Badcock. This process they offer will probably take more than a few days. If Ascend had better practices to protect their customers' money, I wouldn't be left without the money I need for my daughters' medication and food. We all know that these things are important, especially in these times.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I went to Ascend Credit Union on 12/20 when I drove in to use the ATM to deposit my check for $1499.81

I went to Ascend Credit Union on 12/20 when I drove in to use the ATM to deposit my check for $1499.81. During the first attempt, the ATM said it had trouble reading my check. The second attempt, the ATM malfunctioned and went black. I went into the branch and was informed to fill out an application, and my check may be retrieved and deposited within 24 to 48 hours. Unfortunately, the check will be sitting in the ATM. I informed the manager, ***, that whenever I deposit a check into an ATM, the check is always voided and then returned to the owner of the check. She informed me that their ATMs do not do this unless it is a malfunction with the ATM. Which in this case, it is a malfunction in the ATM, but I am told that I must trust the bank and hope that the ATM does not spit my check out and another person comes and retrieves the check. The branch manager said there's nothing that she can do other than submit an application and see if they would be able to deposit it. My issue is that does not help for customer reassurance or assistance when you acknowledge that the ATM spits out the check when it malfunctions, and your ATM had malfunctioned. The manager refused to give me written information about the processes of the ATM, so I am expected to just trust someone at their word that someone will not take my check and my $1500 will not be stolen.

T

Ascend Federal Credit Union My card info got stolen

My card info got stolen. Ascend won't refund my money for 10 days. I can't pay bills or eat because of the missing money in my account. My card number got stolen on 11/14. It was used in person at a Valero in Stockbridge, GA. That same day/evening, I made many transactions from my home in Murfreesboro, TN. No way I could've gone to GA and back in the time between the charges. Ascend won't refund the missing money until after an investigation. The transactions shouldn't have been approved in the first place, considering my spending habits and location that day based on my transactions. If they had proper card security algorithms, this wouldn't be a problem. They just keep saying it'll take up to 10 days. Until then, I can't eat, pay my bills, or buy groceries. This is MY money and it's supposed to be protected in my bank account. This happens 3-4 times a year with Ascend, where I have to get a new card and change everything over. Their card security is a complete joke. I need my money back in my account. Most banks refund within 24 hrs and if the investigation proves it was the cardholder, they take the money from the account. I'm done with Ascend. I didn't even get a text or call about the MANY transactions on my account until 2 days later.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union On June 27, 2022, I saw that my bank account had a wire transfer of $900.00 and a fee of $15.00 for the wire transfer

On June 27, 2022, I saw that my bank account had a wire transfer of $900.00 and a fee of $15.00 for the wire transfer. This happened on the first day the business launched their new mobile app. The new online app became available on that day. I went to the bank on June 27, 2022 at 9 AM, and they told me that my phone was mirrored or cloned. They said I needed to have someone clean the phone before I could access my bank account online. I went to *** on the same day in Franklin at Cool Springs, and the tech worked on my phone. They told me that the phone didn't show any signs of being mirrored or cloned. They showed me how to reset my *** Id password and how to restore my phone to factory settings, which I did. The *** tech gave me a report on what they did, and I took it back to the bank. Now, the bank is saying that I need a letter stating that my phone has been checked, cleaned, and doesn't have any cloning software. They also won't give me the information about who used my account for the wire transfer. The representative didn't even try to contact the security department for me to find out what I need to do to get this letter. I don't know who else I can take my phone to if the bank won't accept the report from ***. The bank did give me back the money, but they won't let me access my account online. I need help from Ascend to tell me who I should contact or where I should take my phone to get my online access back. I've attached the document from the *** Store that describes my visit. I really appreciate your help.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascend Federal Credit Union I had a bad experience with Ascend Federal Credit Union

I had a bad experience with Ascend Federal Credit Union. I opened my son's account here, but now I want to close all four accounts. The correct branch is not listed, it is the ***, TN branch, not the option I had to select for this complaint. I was robbed at a gas station on 10/18, Sunday. My wallet, license, and everything in-between were stolen. I had to wait on hold for over 45 minutes to report my stolen card. When I finally got through, I was put on hold again before someone answered. During that time, the thieves used my checkcard to send themselves $200 twice (total $400) using their own names and sending my money to themselves via ***. If someone had cancelled the card, this wouldn't have been possible. When the bank opened on Monday in ***, I went to discuss the issue. They have refused to do anything so far. Instead, they took the money from my checking and savings accounts to cover the theft. They said they would dispute it with *** after the police report came in (which it finally did today). If *** doesn't replace the funds, they say I am responsible for them. I cancelled all my deposits into this account with the bank. Right now, they are holding what little I had hostage. I also use this account for autopay billing, which will be a mess to sort out. Meanwhile, the bank won't reverse the charges or fees, and my account is accumulating debt. I refuse to pay because I was victimized. The bank should be ashamed and disgusted instead of robbing me a second time and causing me extreme distress. Other banks reverse the charges and then take the money if the investigation finds against the account owner. They don't continue to take money from your other accounts, charge you fees, speak rudely to you, and threaten to make you pay it all. They don't hold you accountable for being robbed and make life harder for you. The person was able to take money from my account because the bank doesn't provide adequate security measures for theft, and there is no way to stop a card using their own app. I am not happy. I am tired of getting notices for all the money the bank moves around in my accounts without my authorization. Why is my money and savings covering theft when the bank could have answered the phone to stop this? I emailed the police report to them today. How much longer are they planning to tie up my money, charge me fees, steal what I had left, and speak to me rudely? The lady at the *** branch is always rude, indifferent, and cold. She called me a liar and insisted that I would be responsible because I must have been aware of it. I showed her my phone log with the bank, but she didn't seem to care. I will not be responsible for this, and I plan to share my experience until it is resolved. If the bank takes 12 weeks to handle this, then I will consistently share my experience with others for that length of time. My next complaint will be with the Attorney General's Office or Securities. I was told to go with a Credit Union because they "care". So far, my experience has been that they care about themselves and not the account holders. The *** branch is nothing like the *** branch. They have always been fantastic, but they are further away. I wish I had driven the extra miles to speak with someone who is not too busy painting her nails and actually cares about helping me. This lady in the *** branch is a piece of work. I want my money.

Ascend Federal Credit Union Customer Reviews Overview

Ascend Federal Credit Union, available at ascend.org, is a highly regarded financial institution that has garnered positive reviews from its satisfied customers. With a strong focus on providing exceptional service and a wide range of financial products, Ascend Federal Credit Union has established itself as a trusted name in the industry.

One of the standout features of Ascend Federal Credit Union is its commitment to customer satisfaction. Many reviewers have praised the credit union for its friendly and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to assist members with their financial needs. The personalized service and attention to detail have left a lasting impression on customers, making them feel valued and appreciated.

Another aspect that receives high praise in Ascend Federal Credit Union reviews is the institution's competitive rates and fees. Customers have expressed their satisfaction with the credit union's low-interest rates on loans and credit cards, as well as its minimal fees for various services. This affordability factor has made Ascend Federal Credit Union an attractive choice for individuals seeking cost-effective financial solutions.

Furthermore, Ascend Federal Credit Union's online and mobile banking platforms have received positive feedback from users. Reviewers have highlighted the convenience and ease of use of these digital tools, allowing them to manage their accounts, make transactions, and access financial information anytime, anywhere. The credit union's commitment to technological advancements has undoubtedly enhanced the overall banking experience for its members.

In addition to its exceptional customer service and competitive rates, Ascend Federal Credit Union has also been commended for its community involvement. The credit union actively supports local charities and organizations, demonstrating its dedication to giving back to the communities it serves. This philanthropic approach has resonated with customers, who appreciate Ascend Federal Credit Union's commitment to making a positive impact beyond the realm of banking.

Overall, Ascend Federal Credit Union has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from its satisfied customers. With its focus on exceptional service, competitive rates, convenient digital banking, and community involvement, Ascend Federal Credit Union has proven itself as a reliable and trustworthy financial institution.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ascend Federal Credit Union contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Ascend Federal Credit Union?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ascend Federal Credit Union Customer Service. Initial Ascend Federal Credit Union complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ascend Federal Credit Union above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ascend Federal Credit Union. Discuss the issues you have had with Ascend Federal Credit Union and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.