Pausepain.com Acai Berry SupplementHuge charges from my bank account

After ordering a free trial of 2 different supplements and authorizing them 2 take 2 payments of 2.95 I have not received any products and they have taken around 500 pounds from my bank account which was my housing benefit and was money. It appears they are scamming people. I now cannot pay my rent and wil proberly never see that money again. Do not order free trails of acai berries or colon clearing supplements. If anybody has managed to get thief money back pleaded tell me how.

• Je
    Jeanette13 May 20, 2011

I have also fallen foul of this company and when I spoke to them they were very patronising and rude to me. On a positive note my credit card Tescos have confirmed that they will refund the difference between what my email recepit said and what I was charged, they have also put a stop on any future transaction through this company. As above don't give up this is outrageous and there are various avenues to pursue

• Tr
    Tracyk Apr 26, 2011

I agree with the last comment, I emailed the quote noreply quote email address on the order confirmations, explained I did not sign up to this and threaten legal action and told them I couldnt get through to the phone number and then I got a reply from their support who opened a case and I received a full refund with two weeks of their original debit (although due to the exchange rates meant it cost me about 10 gbp pound. They have also confirmed that my orders were cancelled but did say I would be charged 2 x GBpound 4.95 which has not happened todate. My bank were not very helpful but now I have this email I hope they will act if I am charged again. The replies normally took about 2/3 days so give it a try.

northernlass Apr 23, 2011

Dont give up on trying to get your money back, Ive just had an e-mail back from the company and they have
    agreed to pay me in full. Great news. So anyone replying to these free trails - DONT. Unless you want money taken from your account. Good luck to you all.
    E-Mail [email protected]

northernlass Apr 21, 2011

Hi Kally
    My bank have been ever so helpful, they cancelled my debit card straight away, then put me in touch with fruad dept at the bank. Explained situation to them and they told me to contact the Charge back team, who where ever so helpful they told me to put into writing everything that I told them over the phone and also to send them a copy of the invoice (which is very important). Hope you get sorted out soon. Hope this information is helpful to you?

• Ka
    kallyjones1 Apr 21, 2011

please help, same has happened to me today! £2.95 trail turned out to be £125.89 charge for free teeth whitening trail, not come out of my account yet, but due too. i have cancelled my card but have been told payment will still come out, was wondering if any one knows if this charge will be made every month? i really dont know what to do next. the bank cant help as it was a debit card and not credit card. any info please?

northernlass Apr 15, 2011

First thing to do is contact your bank to cancel your current switch card/Visa, to stop anymore money been taken from your account. My bank gave me the number for their Fraud Department, which I have contacted, Ive also to contact the Charge Back Team and hopefully they maybe able to help me obtain my money back. I also seen the advert via facebook. Im also trying to obtain an address for the company, at present all Ive managed to find is a telephone number which I think is an American telephone number 08-[protected] (but I may be wrong). If anyone finds out any further information on this company I would be grateful if you would let us all know via this site. Good Luck

• Ca
    CanadianShelly Apr 15, 2011

My mother purchased two supplements from this company, after reading a "news story" from MSN. The invoice for her products were $7.45CAD and $6.45CAD. No further invoices were issued. The charges that appeared on her email were for $199.95 US and $199.95 US. Upon phoning the customer service lines, she was offered some 'discounts' and 'credit toward further purchases' but was informed, in no uncertain terms, that there was no possible refund. Upon reading through the terms and conditions, it is apparent that the charges were going to be put through, and that she had indeed, agreed to them. However, there was no clarity or moral openness is expressing these charges. She has still not received an invoice or receipt for them.

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED IN THE LAST THREE DAYS, YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO CANCEL FOR A FULL REFUND!!!
    AFTER THREE DAYS, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!! ***FRAUD***

• Mr
    MrsBloved Apr 15, 2011

I have also been scammed by this company (acailoss.pausepain.com) (product was called acaisuperdietplus) same story, clicked to do the free trial for £2.95 and they took £128 form my account just a few minutes later. This was all an advertisemnt via facebook (although im sure facebook have no part in this, they just sell ad space) Im doing all I can to get this sorted but to no result. I would like to do the recorded letter also, but im not sure if its going to be possible to get a sending address from this company. If anyone finds an address please advise.

northernlass Apr 13, 2011

Ive also been taken for a fool too with this company, I was invoiced for 98p for p & p. However, when I checked my bank account they have taken 128.15 out of my account. Im am a my wits end what to do! Will try and contact them to get them to pay me my money back. Hopefully!!!

• Tr
    Tracyk Apr 13, 2011

Agree with the above comments despite that fact we haven't read the T + C as you haven't received the product you should contact the company by post Recorded delivery and give the details to your Bank and advise the company have broken their contract and under Visa/mastercard cover rules you are a due a refund. Let us know how you get on I have been scammed as well and will be doing the same

• Sn
    Snowzie Rose Apr 13, 2011

Oh no..I think I have fallen victim to this scam...Money went from my account on the 8th and I have heard nothing...I will be going into my bank today to make sure they take no more money...What an idiot..I never buy anything online.
    Lesson learned though...If it sounds too good to be true it probably is..
    Thanks for advice...I will be contacting thaem and trading standards today.