ParetoLogicunleashed a trojan on my computer

M

This supposed registry cleaner is in fact worthless and did nothing but harm. Minutes after installing it, my firewall went mad and found a trojan. I had opened no other windows so it had to be from the RegCure Registry Cleaner. The trojan was actually the cleanup30.exe file. No disputing that one, unless the trojan had the same name as the regcure exe file and installed itself simultaneously, but I have a better chance of winning the lottery than of that happening.

There is no contact number and my emails to their (bogus) customer service email address bounced back.

On their website it says, "ParetoLogic is proud to be a Microsoft Certified Partner", so I intend to complain directly to Microsoft.

Additionally, they are a member of the Canadian Better Business Bureau so I filed a complaint. PLEASE do the same --> http://www.bbb.org/canada/.

I also filed a complaint at wwwic3.gov, join me by doing the same there.

If we all complain to both the BBB and IC3 perhaps they will be shut down and will not be able to ripoff others. Complaining here is useful for certain, but complaints at all places will reach more people. Let's band together! The BBB takes complaints seriously and contacts the company in question to see if they attempt to resolve the situation. If the company in question does not respond, they can lose their BBB status.

If I lived in Canada I'd call them or drop by their address to see if it is an empty warehouse or what.

Name:

December 13, 2004
Business started:

March 2004
Primary Contact:

Gregory K Amlin (VP Operations & Prod.Mgmt.)
Complaint Contact:

Wade MI Clayton (Support Team Manager)
Other Contacts:

Mr. Barry Dodd (VP, Marketing)
Marlee Wilson (Office Manager, ext 2206)

• Da
    Daisy Mariposa Jan 23, 2010

Have you tried any of these e-mail addresses?

Executives: Elton Pereira

Product Management: Gregory K. Amlin
    VP, Product Management

• Mo
    MorpheusOne Oct 11, 2010

I take it that you managed to uninstall the Paretologic program, Mosely. Did that go smoothly?? Did you have any other problems after you did that, such as the one that I am experiencing now?

I didn't spend any money on this stupid program, thank God!

I dled something for free on the web. I honestly don't even remember why, or even which specific program ..but, since they apparently push computer software I suspect that it was bc I was looking for a decent firewall/anti-virus program(s). I found it to be a useless program taking up space on my computer! After a couple of days I was fed up and, amongst running other maintenance on this infernal machine, I uninstalled it and largely forgot about it.

But, that didn't last very long! Almost immediately I started getting Windows error messages that read something like...

"Error loading C:/ProgramFiles/... ParetoLogic/uuS2/UUS.dll";

...in the following several months I have received, roughly, two hundred of those messages, all of them the same and at about an average of one a day! What I want to know is how do I get rid of these stupid error messages?!!

What program is even trying to access them/it?? And how do I make it stop!? I suspect that a portion of the program was not uninstalled when I, tried to, uninstall the entire thing and so it lingers on, like some sort of a ghost of its former self. As far as I can tell, it isn't harming my computer in any way, it's just really, ... REALLY, really annoying!!

I tried to contact the BBB and I got the following error message -

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'CoverageZip'

/complaints/cmplstep1c.asp, line 33"

I contacted ic3.gov and they gave me the general "Thank you for contacting us!" message & that they would get back to me...

Mosely, to you, to anyone that has any idea(s) on how to shed my computer of this insipid little thing, please, respond!

Morpheus

Saubrious Dec 14, 2014

I think the problem is the person and not the software