Complaints & Reviews

Product trashed my iTunes Library and cost me thousands of $s

I purchased RegCure and Privacy Controls on 4/13. I ran both products and it erased my iTunes library, games and videos. I have lost thousands of dollars worth of downloads.

I was able to partially recover iTunes files but not all. I didn't realize at the time that the Paretologic programs were doing the erasures so I allowed RegClean to run again...again wiping out my iTunes library.

I am so amazed that a product that has such high marks does this kind of damage.

I am also getting the runaround from the company. I called the [protected] number and they said because I purchased my product through SAFECART they could not help me. They told me to call SAFECART. I called SAFECART and they said I had to go to their tool type in my info and it would tell me how to obtain support. I did that and it pointed me back to Paretologic. I called the phone number listed, [protected]. That number said they werent available even thought it was during their working hours. I was finally able to get through on that line. They have now said they will refund to me but I didn't get a good feeling. I'll post back if the refund comes through.

made my pc crash, does not work

i ordered it on line for 29.95 and 9.95 and downloaded it in my computer and it was suppose to fix errors on my pc but it crashed my computer.i have been trying to get my refund back and can, t get no body to give me any answers.they cost me a lot of money and time and they are a fraud. my e-mail address is [protected]@aol.com and my order ID# was ptlc-u290309-01 rfd and i ordered this on 3/28/09 and it was 100% money back grautee offer.

• Ri
    Ripped Off Apr 17, 2009

Stay away from RegCure and any other program by this very shady and fraudulent company. Paretologic is only out to get your money with very back and misleading products. Everyone should report this Paretologic to all the authorities.

Donald Cwiak Jan 27, 2010

License key #2E803-42820-A1012-0D04F .
    Program will not fix errors.

I need your help!

I am not sure.

Donald Cwiak Jan 27, 2010

I can`t get Paretlogic Complaint to submitt my Comment text.

• Ic
    Icoulda777 Mar 01, 2010

I installed Paretologic to clean up my PC of unwanted junk files. When I clicked on clean it went to my external hard drive and erased my music collection. It completely wiped out approximately 15, 000 songs and albums that took me years to compile. Some songs on that hard drive were hard to find and were very rare.

Additionally, my computer no longer reads my external hard drive as added hardware. Buying and using this product could cost you more than you are willing to spend. At $.99 a song to download off the Internet this was an expensive mistake.

I would also add that this company is next to impossible to contact by phone.

• Re
    Reviewer72038 Feb 10, 2016

I'd like to obtain a refund of my product purchased.. I payed it just yesterday with paypal.

Did not fix problem with computer

I went on to find a program to help with the Sonic activation module, and this was one of the programs that...

[Resolved] Fraud and lies

Don't ever buy software if there is no phone number to call in the event of a problem. Nowhere on the...

almost ruined my pc

I purchased this software online for 29.95. I kept getting a ERROR 43 on my computer and it was related to my graphics card. RegCure promised to not only fix this error, but completely overhaul my entire computer and it would run at lightning fast speed. That was a big, fat lie. After purchasing the software and using it, my computer kept freezing up and I would have to improperly shut it down, it did not fix error 43, my computer ran so slow that I wasn't even sure it was responding at first, AND I could not access the internet...also my antivirus was seriously messed up. It is an unusable product in my opinion and anyone who buys it is really taking their chances. I paid through Paypal and have opened up a dispute. I plan on getting my money back. Regcure almost ruined my pc. Luckily, my brother is a computer geek and was able to get it to work again...and get rid of that blasted software. I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone. Absolutely horrible!!! I hope I get my money back. 29.95 is a lot of money for something unusable.

Can't Remove from Programs

I got suckered into buying Reg/Cure and ParetoLogic Privacy Controls after using the "free" download. Now I...

This is how you can get your refund

Like most of the other posters to these forums, I also downloaded and used RegCure to solve a problem that a Google hit purported it could fix but did not (Error 104 invalid class string). Like many others, I also left the already ticked checkbox for privacy controls checked because the screen suggested I could confirm my choices on the following screen, but clicking 'next' immediately charged the entire $39.90 to my PayPal account. The misleading sales screen, extra item and immediate charge are all problems that ParetoLogic should investigate and correct.

However, unlike almost everyone else, running RegCure did NOT ruin my computer or cause any problems of any kind. I'm not sure it 'fixed' anything either, but since it didn't fix the error I purchased it for, I called the number provided by Safecart through PayPal [protected]) left a message to have a rep call me back, was contacted the following day by a ParetoLogic rep and already have a full refund to my PayPal account just three days after downloading, installing and trying the product.

The phone conversation with the rep was very professional - he even asked me to provide the problematic link so they could do whatever possible to remove it. My experience with them (other than the original sales screen which Google took me to, which may not even belong to ParetoLogic) has been positive. Anyone coming to this site for help should call the same number I called and hopefully will get the same prompt response and solution.

For anyone having tried RegCure to solve an IE7 invalid class string error, you might solve that problem by doing the following: Click the START key, then RUN and type "regsvr32 jscript.dll" (without the quote marks, of course, and there is a space between the 2 and the j) into the RUN dialog and click OK. That error is a java script problem, nothing to do with the registry which is why RegCure didn't fix it. Hopefully they will sucessfully correct or remove the bogus links that so many of us got taken by.

[Resolved] Regcure & SafeCart

Regcure & SafeCart - Do Not Part With Your Money Tried to purchase Regcure by Paretologic but I did not...

Ripped off by RegCure

Regcure is a rip off!!! I'm not the only one who thought they were paying $9.95. RegCure's ad is totally misleading. I went to checkout thinking I was paying $9.95 and they did an automatic "thank you for your order for $39.90. I was given no opportunity to confirm or verify what I was purchasing. Buyer's Beware!!! I'm also disappointed with PayPal and their so called buyer protection plan. I did not authorize that payment amount and they are giving me a runaround. From what I am reading I guess I won't get a response or my money back either. Buyer's Beware - RegCure is a rip off!

Regcure renewal help for you

I recently tried to renew my subscription to Regcure and paid for it, but was not able to activate it. It claimed to be able to do this automatically after a restart of the program. It did not and I contacted customer service. I noticed that Regcure's support email no longer worked and there is a third party running the selling and support of the software. I know that this could be bad news or it may mean nothing so I prepared my self mentally to call my credit card to cancel just in a worse case scenario. A recent experience with Blizzard's World of Warcraft showed me that under Vista's program directory, the security was too restricting for their software to communicate with the their servers as it did often during game time as well as in updates and they directed their players to install programs under the User directory. My suspicion was that the renewal was trying to go through, but was not able. I was correct. I did go to a earlier version of Regcure, 104 I think and tried that under the programs directory with no positive results. Under the User directory, it connected immediately and my subscription is now good for another year. I do hope this helps those with this problem.

damage to XP business sys

October 17, 2008 (6:24pm)

Pareto Logic:

You really screwed me up, Your RegCure product is crap! After register and install a restore point and had to restore system is trashed, congratulations ! After restart wants to install “Document Viewer” non-stop will never quite and keeps interupting other activity. Asking for CD-Rom.

Then Microsoft.net Framework err., Note Same as after your wonderful RegCure and same as after Restore, Thanx for a disaster: enjoy as follows what you’ve done to my system that is required for business op’s, I expect immediate response and resolution to these problems or I will Call BBB, about your so called reputation’s

James Buck
CNC Retrofit Manager
Turner’s Machinery, Inc.
[protected]
[protected]@roadrunner.com

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at HP.CUE.Video.PlaybackControl.UpdateProgressBar()
at HP.CUE.Video.PlaybackControl._ProgressTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2407
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
hpqimzone
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HP/Digital%20Imaging/bin/hpqimzone.exe
hpqiface
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqiface/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqiface.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2407
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
hpqcc2
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqcc2/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqcc2.dll
hpqutils
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqutils/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqutils.dll
hpqfmrsc
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqfmrsc/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqfmrsc.dll
hpqtray
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqtray/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqtray.dll
hpqovskn
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqovskn/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqovskn.dll
hpqthumb
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqthumb/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqthumb.dll
hpqimvlt
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqimvlt/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqimvlt.dll
hpqimgrc
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqimgrc/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqimgrc.dll
hpqntrop
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqntrop/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqntrop.dll
Interop.hpqcxm08
Win32 Version: 70.0.170.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/interop.hpqcxm08/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/interop.hpqcxm08.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
LEAD
Win32 Version: 13.0.0.113
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/lead/13.0.0.113__9cf889f53ea9b907/lead.dll
LEAD.Wrapper
Win32 Version: 13.0.0.113
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/lead.wrapper/13.0.0.113__9cf889f53ea9b907/lead.wrapper.dll
LEAD.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 13.0.0.113
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/lead.windows.forms/13.0.0.113__9cf889f53ea9b907/lead.windows.forms.dll
LEAD.Drawing
Win32 Version: 13.0.0.113
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/lead.drawing/13.0.0.113__9cf889f53ea9b907/lead.drawing.dll
interop.hpqimgr
Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/interop.hpqimgr/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/interop.hpqimgr.dll
hpqasset
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqasset/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqasset.dll
hpqmirsc
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HP/Digital%20Imaging/bin/hpqmirsc.DLL
hpqedit
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqedit/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqedit.dll
hpqvideo
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqvideo/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqvideo.dll
LEAD.Windows.Forms.DrawingContainer
Win32 Version: 13.0.0.113
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/lead.windows.forms.drawingcontainer/13.0.0.113__9cf889f53ea9b907/lead.windows.forms.drawingcontainer.dll
hpqmdmr
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqmdmr/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqmdmr.dll
LEAD.Drawing.Imaging.ImageProcessing
Win32 Version: 13.0.0.113
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/lead.drawing.imaging.imageprocessing/13.0.0.113__9cf889f53ea9b907/lead.drawing.imaging.imageprocessing.dll
hpqimlib
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqimlib/3.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqimlib.dll
hpqglutl
Win32 Version: 065.000.117.000
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/hpqglutl/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/hpqglutl.dll
interop.hpqvideo
Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/interop.hpqvideo/4.0.0.0__a53cf5803f4c3827/interop.hpqvideo.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

What are you going to do about this ?

don stevens Nov 18, 2008

I Have the same problem did you find a solution asi need one now

• Ke
    Ken Walker Dec 15, 2008

I have run into the same problem as was reported on 2008-10-17 by James Buck of Turner's Machinery Inc. I was however able to do a system restore.
    I also e-mailed Paretologic customer support and received a response stating that my question would be answered in the order it was received.
    Paretologic is obviously aware that there is a serious problem with their product, yet they continue to offer/sell a product that they know is faulty. They have had nearly 3 months to fix this problem since it was reported by Mr. Buck. I would like a full refund for this product, however I doubt this will happen.

• Ve
    veneimas May 22, 2009

i agree 100% i have had nothing but problems since downloading there products they are complete crap, i am sure i will never see a refund and DONT use paypal this ### of company will always take the side that makes them money and thats not your side the sooner some sues and get rid of paretologic and there crap products the better the world will be ( evil thrives while good men do nothing)

trying to get a refund from them for a purchase from finnally fast . com

trying to get a refund from them i was mislead into thinking the price was 9.00 not 39.90 and cannot get a reply from them.

Not working

We experienced a computer error whilst installing ipod itunes error "2738" and researched that RegCure had a...

Licence key stops working

I reinstalled my windows XP Explorer and then all the purchased utilities. No way to reinstall RegCure : Paretologic pretends I have "too many installations". I checked on Google and discovered this trick happened to many other users. I was billed 39, 90 US a few months ago . Had I known that Pareto Logic has recourse to these practices, never would I have bought their registry cleaner utility. Bob

jim nadalis Oct 28, 2008

i already have norton 360, why do i need you . stop the serice as soon as possible and give credit toward my credit card. do not reinstate the service, i do not need it . /james nicholas nadalis/pres. 10-28-2008/

jim nadalis Oct 28, 2008

quit service and credit my credit card . do not every use my credit cart again for purchases. /james nicholas nadalis/pres. 10-28-2008/

jim nadalis Oct 28, 2008

stop using m y cedit card i will put a stop charge on it for your company. /james nicholas nadalis/10-28-2008/pres

stop service/james nicholas nadalis/10-28-2008/president

This leach &attaches itself& to your computer.

Fortunately, after reading all the other complaints about RegCure Software, I have never ordered
or installed this crap on my computer. However, it has attached itself, like a damned leach, to my
computer, I see it had installed in "programs", only because it had given itself a Dektop Icon on my
screen. I had never run the program, thank God, and I was able to uninstall it from my Programs.
However, I cannot get rid of the Desktop Icon. When I try to delete it, it from Desktop, it comes up
no longer in this file, however, since I am not blind it is there big as life. From everything I have
read on this sorry software, it just "pi**es me off" every time I see the icon.

JIm carry Apr 08, 2009

Im haveing the same problem geting P'''sed off.. i wanna find that M^^^^ F^Ucker and k!11 h!m

JIm carry Apr 08, 2009

Colleen Bramall : By pressing left click ( Refresh) the icon will be deleted.

Didn't do was it was suppose to

Purchased Regcure, as to their web page recure is suppose to fix all of your computer problems. My computer...

Charged a different total than what was taken out of my bank account

It said that I would get $10.00 off the $39.90 regular price, then it said If I bought it right then I'd get it for $9.99. When I looked at my bank account they had taken out $39.90? I would like a refund of the difference. So I suggest you put the difference back into my account, you already have the info, cuz you didn't waste any time taking the money out! My name is Deborah A., you figure it out.

Disabled computer

Regcure don't have an after sales service like many others I have tried to contact them. Same result. However I read reviews before I purchased the software and in my opinion the fault lies with them that do publish these reviews. It is also obvious to me that it is Geeks that are testing software know all the issues and therefore avoid them but don't pass this knowledge on to the consumers. Sure you get the reviews that have pros and cons but a pro or con to them may be detrimental to consumers because they don't understand them.

• Pr
    PRDIGM Aug 11, 2008

No refund!

I downloaded there photo recovery program and the only thing it did was pull photos that weren't lost...

double charged

I have not been able to locate any type of information on the company selling these products. I need to contact someone and request a refund. My paypal account has been charged twice because the verbiage in the ad was unclear to me. When I made the initial purchase I was not given the license key to activate the software. When I went back to the ad to find it, it appeared that the purchase had not gone through. When I tried the second time to get the key the transaction was completed and all was well, I thought. When checking my paypal account today I found the double charge. I have been trying to locate any type of customer service phone number or any information that would lead me to a refund. I am in hopes that your service will be able to supply the info I need.

john May 27, 2008

same as most of the complaints, the program REGCURE dos not work, it did not fix my problems!!!

And the final insult is there is no way to call the company a nd speak to a person to get my money back, they claim a 60 day money back policy, BS!!!

• Ne
    Neil Rudofsky Jul 21, 2008

They do NOT get back you and I feel I just got ripped off for $50.00

• Ro
    Robert Malzahn Aug 08, 2008

Your system wants to charge me for my service with you again and that is totaly unfair. I do have the document stating that I alredy paid for your service for one more year on 7-18-08 Would you please confirm that transaction!! Please send me an e-mail stating that I did indeed already pay you for aanother year.
    Thank you for your consieration.
    Robert Malzahn

• Ra
    ray Jan 31, 2009

Agree. I purchased regcure to fix problems on one of my pcs and tried to use it on my laptop aswell but the license doesnt work. This is like charging for each separate use of a spanner! Regcure are crooks