Menu
NordVPN Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

NordVPN
reviews & complaints

www.nordvpn.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 17 Reviews

NordVPN Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with NordVPN at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for NordVPN has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of NordVPN. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest NordVPN reviews & complaints

2:36 am EST

NordVPN Customer Service Demand Credit Card Numbers to Fix Anything

First they asked for the first 6 digits, then they asked for the last 4 digits!

Credit/Debit Card - If the payment was made via credit/debit card please provide the first 6 digits as well as the expiry date of your card and the cardholder's full name.

After several emails getting NO HELP.

Credit/Debit Card - If the payment was made via credit/debit card please provide the last 4 digits of your card, the card's expiry date, the card holder's name, and a screenshot of the most recent charge to NordVPN taken from your bank statement.

I give up! I paid for multiple years for all of their products which are unusable because the authorization setup was wiped from my phone. And because when I purchased and installed NordLocker, it failed in the process of replacing the all important key.

I'm leaving this horrid product and crooked customer service, which basically wants my entire credit card number before helping me use their product.

3:55 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Warning: Terrible Customer Service and Unauthorized Charges with NordVPN

Ok so I've been given the task to write about NordVPN and let me tell ya, I've got some thoughts. I've been using this VPN for about a year and a half now and let me tell you, I don't even want it anymore. I tried to cancel it over a year ago but somehow they keep taking money out of my bank account without my permission. Like, what's the deal with that? I even got a new bank account and they STILL managed to get access to it and take a whole year's subscription out. And to top it off, they took it 2 weeks before they were supposed to. LIKE COME ON. You know I didn't have time to cancel it again. Now, I can't even get my money back. This company is a hot mess and I wouldn't trust them if I were you. The way they treat their customers is just terrible. It's a shame, really.

3:03 am EDT

NordVPN NordVPN Review: A Disconnection Nightmare and No Refund Policy

Man, lemme tell ya, I've been having some serious troubles with NordVPN. Been using it for three whole months, and I gotta say, I regret every second of it. Would not recommend this product to anyone, no way, no how. Been trying to get a refund for the past few weeks, but they won't give it to me 'cause apparently they got a 30-day limit on that sorta thing. Seems kinda sketchy to me, if you ask, like they just tryna take your money and run.

Anyway, lemme get to the real meat of this review - the product itself. It's been disconnecting my internet connection left and right, man. Can't even watch a dang movie or play a game without getting booted off every ten minutes or so. I mean, come on, NordVPN, what the heck are you doin' out here? I tried everything I could think of - got a new router, contacted my carrier for a new modem, even swapped out ethernet cables on a hunch - and still nothing. All these dang disconnects, every single day, drivin' me insane.

Finally, I decided to try disconnecting NordVPN just to see what would happen. And you know what? Never had a single issue with my internet connection again. Ain't that a kick in the pants? After all that time and trouble, turns out the VPN was the problem the whole dang time. So now I'm asking for my money back, but they won't give it to me 'cause '30-day limit' or whatever.

So, listen up, folks. Save your money and go somewhere else. NordVPN might seem like a good idea at first, but trust me, it'll only cause you headaches in the long run. You want a reliable VPN that won't kick you off the internet every ten minutes? Look elsewhere, my friend. NordVPN ain't the answer.

Is NordVPN legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals NordVPN as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, NordVPN stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering NordVPN should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

NordVPN earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: NordVPN achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

NordVPN has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Nordvpn.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows NordVPN website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Nordvpn.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for NordVPN have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up NordVPN and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While NordVPN has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • NordVPN protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
1:58 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN NordVPN Review: Good Protection, But Not Worth the Trouble on Android and Windows 10

This VPN app is pretty decent when it comes to protecting your online activities, but it's unfortunate that it's not worth the trouble on Android and Windows 10. There are multiple issues that users encounter, such as slow speeds, having trouble connecting to their desired servers, and even blocking some essential contents on certain websites - particularly feeds.

NordVPN's main business strategy seems to be focused on attracting new customers with an excellent initial deal, only to refuse refunds when the app doesn't work effectively. That's what happened to me. The service worked fine at first, but then suddenly declined, and now I'm left without any compensation for my two-year plan. I stumbled across many other reports of auto-renewal scams, and given the fact that they won't refund me, it's concerning that they have my payment information now. It appears that the company is more of a scam than an actual service. Unfortunately, it's a sly trick because they do provide a service on the surface.

For those of you who have been wronged by this company, I suggest you report your grievances to the FTC. Their website reportsfraud.ftc.gov/#/ is accessible and easy to use.

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Disappointing Experience with NordVPN: Dropped Connections, Poor Customer Service, and False Hype

I got a two-year subscription to NordVPN and I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with the service. It's supposed to be a simple VPN solution, but it seems to drop the connection without warning all the damn time. What's the point of using a VPN if you're going to be left wide open to anyone snooping around? It means we have to constantly check whether the VPN is working every time we open a browser.

So we decided to buy a router and configure it for VPN, but that turned out to be even worse. The problem is we can't tell at the app level on our devices whether NordVPN is working or not, and most of the time, it's not. This is a complete waste of our time, and we've spent hours trying to figure out how to get things working properly, but so far, there is no resolution.

The customer service is pretty unhelpful too. We've tried reaching out to NORDVPN's service desk for help, but they don't seem to know their own product very well. While they do try to be helpful, they only got a 2 out of 10 in my book.

All in all, I would not recommend NordVPN. It's a crappy product with false hype all over the place, and I regret the two-year subscription I got. Do yourself a favor and run, don't walk, away from this one.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Cautionary Review: NORD/VPN's Misleading Business Practices and Refund Policy

I recently tried out NORD/VPN after hearing great things about their service. I decided to take advantage of their offer to try them out for a month for $11.95 with the promise of a free refund if I wasn't satisfied. Initially, I was impressed with what they had to offer and thought it was a great deal. However, after the trial period was over, I decided that I didn't want to continue using their service and assumed that was the end of it.

To my surprise, two days later I found that they had taken another $11.95 from my account without my permission. I immediately tried to cancel the subscription, but it was too late. I reached out to their customer service via chat and was informed that I wouldn't be able to cancel until the end of the next month and that I couldn't receive a refund unless I signed up for a 1 or 2 year contract.

Feeling frustrated, I decided to cancel the payment through my bank and requested a refund directly from them. Sadly, my request was declined because I wasn't a member of their long-term contract. While I don't necessarily have an issue with their program, I certainly take issue with their misleading business practices.

I would suggest that anyone considering NORD/VPN should approach with caution and think twice before signing up with this company. There are other, more reliable options out there, and this company is nothing but a ripoff.

NordVPN Stay Clear of NordVPN: Poor Customer Service and Sports Streaming

NordVPN ain't the best option for watching sport games, and I tell you what, their customer service is just terrible. If you're in an area where the game is blacked out, don't expect to be able to switch to a different IP address. NordVPN gives you their best available one, which ain't always close enough to get the job done. Plus, if you go to pick an IP address from another country, you may experience delays and lag time, which is really frustrating. And let's not forget about Amazon Fire Stick - if you're watching through it and get logged out, it's a hassle to get back in.

But that ain't the biggest issue with NordVPN, let me tell ya. Whatever ya do, don't use a credit card to pay for the service. They're gonna keep charging ya over and over again, so stick to a one-time payment with your card. And if you do sign up for autorenewal, good luck cancelling it. It's a total pain to do it on their website, and even once you're done, you might not be in the clear. Ya gotta get an email to confirm your cancellation, but that email usually goes straight to your spam folder, so ya never even see it. And their customer service? They could care less about your problems.

My advice? Stay far away from NordVPN. There are better options out there.

E

NordVPN Mixed bag with NordVPN; UK Expat vpn may be a better option

So, I gotta tell ya, my experience with NordVPN (nordvpn.com) has been a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, the service itself was pretty solid. I mean, it did what it was supposed to do, which was keep my internet connection secure and anonymous. But man, their customer service was a bit of a mess.

I can't even count how many times I got conflicting information from different reps about the intermittent blocks I was experiencing. And even when their tech people were fixing the blocks, they still seemed to know nothing about it. But hey, I was getting the service I paid for, so I guess I can't complain too much, right?

Well, that was until recently when they abruptly cut off my service without any warning or reminder. I couldn't find any record of my original subscription, so I had no idea when it was going to end. And NordVPN, with all their supposed customer service expertise, didn't even bother to send me a reminder. Not cool, guys. Not cool.

So, in my frustration, I started looking for an alternative, and that's when I came across UK Expat vpn. Now, I know it's early days, but so far, I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. If you're a British citizen living abroad and you want to watch British TV (which is really the only reason I wanted a VPN in the first place), then you might want to consider UK Expat vpn.

Their customer service lady was a lot more helpful than the folks at NordVPN, and it was super easy to set up and use. Plus, all their servers are in the UK, so you can be sure you're getting the best possible connection. And most importantly, I immediately got the use of my paid app back that NordVPN had been failing to provide me with for the last week.

All in all, I guess what I'm saying is, yeah, NordVPN is alright, but if you're looking for a VPN with great customer service and a focus on UK connections, then maybe give UK Expat vpn a shot.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN NordVPN Review: Poor Service Quality & Customer Support Disappoints - Not Recommended

I recently got myself a subscription package from NordVPN after watching some advertisements on YouTube. The 12 Months deal seemed like a good option and I jumped at it, only to be disappointed with the poor quality of service that I received.

I soon realized that there were numerous errors with their servers, especially in countries like Taiwan, Korea, Czech, and Canada. The servers were always overloaded and could not handle any more customers. This resulted in me having to constantly switch to other countries or try again later, which was very annoying.

To make matters worse, their software was poorly designed and crashed almost every single day. This was a funny fact because despite all my other programs running fine, only NordVPN seemed to have this issue. I tried contacting their customer service, but it seemed like a waste of time as they were not willing to take responsibility for their mistakes and instead blamed me for their errors.

Furthermore, even after canceling my membership, they kept spamming me with discount offers for new subscription contracts. This showed total ignorance and disregard for my preferences.

All in all, NordVPN was a total disappointment with zero points for customer service, technical handling, and software stability. I would not recommend this service to anyone and suggest that you steer clear of it. There are much better VPN services out there that provide better quality of service and actually care about their customers.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN NORDvpn Review: Issues with Server Management and Support Team Result in Unhappy Customers

NORDvpn has some issues that definitely need fixing. For starters, many websites are being blocked due to several defective servers being in the same IP ranges. This has become a big problem as even popular websites such as ipleak.com and Netherlands based websites are being blocked. Unfortunately, NORDvpn support team is not able to fix this issue, which has resulted in a lot of unhappy customers.

The company also lacks in providing a variety of ports for udp and tcp, which other VPN service providers usually do. This has resulted in NORDvpn being easily blocked by firewalls and internet service providers, causing inconvenience to its users.

Moreover, the support team provided a very dishonest response to one user's complaint, stating that they did not fix the issue even though the customer's support ticket was closed. This resulted in an unpleasant experience for the customer, who had to deal with the inconvenience of flushing DNS and emptying cache repeatedly just to access blocked websites.

In conclusion, while NORDvpn is a VPN service provider, it needs to address these issues in order to improve customer experience. These problems could be easily fixed by providing better server management, multiple port options, and having a support team that is better equipped to manage customer issues. Until then, users will have to deal with the challenges posed by the company's shortcomings.

J

NordVPN Reliable VPN with great UK servers: My Experience with NordVPN

I'm a British citizen living in the US, and I've been using NordVPN since October 2018. Out of the three VPNs I've tried so far, NordVPN has been the most reliable. I primarily use it on my tablets to access UK iPlayers and watch British shows on Netflix. The connection has been immediate with the UK servers and I've never encountered any issues with either buffering or connecting to overloaded servers. The only problem I faced was when I attempted to set up the VPN on my old Compaq Vista laptop. The installation process was complex and I eventually gave up after attempting to follow the steps. However, this didn't bother me too much since I don't use my laptop frequently.

The payment structure for NordVPN is via yearly payments. I opted for a two-year plan since there was a discount at the time of my purchase. The frequent updates from NordVPN help ensure that I don't experience any blocked websites or apps while using the VPN. Previously, I had faced this issue with other VPNs blocking access to sites and apps suspected to be proxies or VPNs. But, with NordVPN, I've been able to access all sites and apps that I needed to without any trouble.

In fact, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of NordVPN and haven't had any reason to switch to another provider.

However, I did face some issues with NordVPN's customer support recently. I've been using NordVPN on my Firestick 4K for over a year and the service was mostly good. However, there was an incident where Britbox UK started buffering during a show and refused to play anything for hours. When I reached out to support, they initially suggested troubleshooting steps such as changing settings and uninstalling/reinstalling apps, although the problem was with the Britbox UK app being blocked in general.

I spent a significant amount of time attempting to resolve the issue, and NordVPN support wasted even more of my time, leading me in circles despite the fact that the problem had nothing to do with my device or connection. Eventually, I had to ask them to unblock the app to have it finally start working again. It was frustrating to deal with, and it was disappointing that they weren't transparent in their communication with me. Despite all this, I'm pleased to say that I haven't encountered any other issues with NordVPN, and the service works great for me.

T

NordVPN Unreliable after update: My experience with NordVPN

NordVPN done got me messed up, y'all. I was using it fine for a hot minute, but after the dang update, my ping time went from a cool 20-40ms to freaking 200+ms or straight up timed out! And guess what they do? Absolutely nothing! No solution, no fix, no nothin'!

I mean, come on, NordVPN, get your act together! I'm paying good money for this service and y'all can't even keep it running right? It's frustrating as heck when I'm trying to use it for work or to stream my favorite shows, and I can't even connect.

Don't get me wrong, when it's running smoothly, it's a great VPN. The speeds are decent, and I love how easy it is to use. Plus, their customer service is pretty good too. But dang, when something goes wrong, they really drop the ball.

Overall, if you're looking for a decent VPN and don't mind the occasional tech issue, NordVPN might be okay for you. But if you need something reliable and consistent, you might want to look elsewhere.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Not Impressed with NordVPN: A Disappointing Experience with Poor Customer Support

Me and my friends tried NordVPN and we gotta say, the experience was not good. First of all, it was super tough cancelling the subscription, took me a couple of tries and phone calls to finally get it done. And even after that, my account got charged for the time I didn't even use NordVPN for. What a bummer, right?

The customer support was downright horrible. I mean, I didn't expect much but the reps were so unhelpful, it was almost like they didn't care about my problem at all. They couldn't even answer my questions properly. It's like they were reading off a script or something.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend NordVPN to anyone. You're better off going with another VPN provider that's more user-friendly and has better customer support. Save yourself the hassle.

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Mixed Feelings About NordVPN: Privacy Benefits vs. Customer Service and Security Concerns

I've been using NordVPN for about 6 months now and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it's great for masking my location and keeping my online activities private. However, I've had some issues with their customer service and canceling the service.

To cancel their service, I had to go through about 7 steps which was quite tedious. Even then, there was a chance that my cancellation wouldn't even go through. I also had some trouble with their customer service since it felt like I was talking to automated bots rather than actual people.

In terms of the service itself, I did have some security concerns since I received more emails about my accounts being compromised than I ever had before. It's definitely not something I want to deal with on a regular basis.

Despite these issues, I do appreciate the privacy and security benefits of using NordVPN. It's definitely valuable for anyone who wants to keep their online activities private and secure.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Unhappy with NordVPN: Deceptive Billing and Disappointing Product Experience

I gotta say, I wasn't thrilled with my experience using NordVPN. First off, I only signed up for a one-month subscription, but NordVPN just went ahead and charged me again without my say-so. Like, how am I supposed to know that was gonna happen? It felt like they were trying to pull a fast one on me.

Plus, the product itself was just...fine. I mean, I paid an extra 12 euros for just one month of service, and honestly, I don't think it was worth it. I don't feel like my online activities were any more secure or private than they were before I signed up. And I definitely don't feel like I got my money's worth.

So when I reached out to NordVPN to ask for a refund, I was pretty disappointed that they didn't seem to care. It felt like they were just trying to take my money and run. I don't think I'll be using NordVPN again in the future, that's for sure. There are other VPNs out there that are way more transparent and trustworthy.

C

NordVPN Disappointing Experience and Payment Issues with NordVPN: A Review

I was really disappointed with my experience with NordVPN. One major issue I had was that once you enter your payment information, they don't allow you to delete it. This made me very uneasy, as I'm always worried about the security of my personal information online.

Another issue was that even though I checked the "NO AUTOMATIC RENEWAL" option, they still charged me over 100USD by overwriting my choice. It was so frustrating because I had clearly made it known that I didn't want to be charged again.

To make matters worse, even as of today, they still have my payment information on file. This means that I'll have to check back in 11 months to make sure that they don't charge me again.

I feel like I have no other choice but to cancel my credit card in order to make sure that they can't access my payment information again. It's just not worth the risk to keep my information stored with a company that doesn't seem to respect my wishes.

Overall, I would not recommend NordVPN to anyone who values privacy and security online. Their handling of payment information and renewal options is just too risky for me to feel comfortable using their service again.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NordVPN Falling for the Magic of 'The Night Circus': A Spellbinding Tale of Love and Mystery

After one be month trial I thought I cancelled my account and removed the app from my laptop. 4 months later I see they were still charging my account. I logged back into the account and discovered it takes multiple pages to actually cancel the account. Buyer beware of their trickery. They were unwilling to refund any of the money. So are you sure you want to sign up with NordVPN? Are you sure? Are you sure?

NordVPN Customer Reviews Overview

NordVPN is a popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) provider that has garnered over 5,000 positive reviews from users on their website. This VPN offers a wide range of features and benefits that make it stand out from competing service providers.

As a user, you can access over 5,500 servers in 59 countries, which ensures that you have fast and stable internet connections wherever you are in the world. Also, NordVPN offers advanced security features that include AES-256 encryption, Double VPN, Onion Over VPN, and a CyberSec suite that keeps you safe from malware and phishing attempts.

Furthermore, NordVPN has a no-logging policy that ensures your privacy is protected while using the service. You can also connect up to six devices simultaneously with a single subscription, making it ideal for families or small businesses.

Other features include an easy-to-use user interface, 24/7 customer support, and the ability to access geo-restricted content on popular streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.

Overall, NordVPN is a great VPN service provider that offers exceptional value for money. With its advanced security features, fast and stable connections, and impressive customer support, it is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a top-tier VPN service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

NordVPN contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with NordVPN?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NordVPN Customer Service. Initial NordVPN complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NordVPN above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NordVPN. Discuss the issues you have had with NordVPN and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.