Having problems with Ooma?

1888 711 6662 (USA & Canada, Customer Service)
1877 621 0515 (USA, Sales)
1866 452 6662 (Residential Sales)
1877 959 6662 (Business Sales)
1877 353 5174 (Canada, Ooma Office)
1866 365 4280 (Canada, Smart Business Phone Service)
+1 650 566 6600 (Head Office)
525 Almanor Avenue, Suite 200
Thu5:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ooma.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 26, 2020

Ooma — Double charges

I ordered one OOMA unit from J L and paid by VISA ending 4751 on Aug. 12, 2020 morning. — Order A, My wife...

Oct 09, 2019

Ooma — Customer service

I returned a unit that I purchased and have documentation of every step of the way of purchasing and return...

OomaDouble billing

I placed an order for a wifi adapter on Sat June 1 and recieved an alert from my bank that 2 charges were made to my account, I called and talked to an ooma rep and she said she would make a request to have 1 charge dropped and call me back, No one called, Is this is the service I can expect. My phone number is [protected]
Either get this corrected or cancel my order completely, I can get the same product from amazon cheaper.

OomaSales agent

I doubt that this will go to anyone who cares, but I had a problem with not receiving an order, and a tracking number that was sent to me didn't work. I got an agent name Louis that was horribly rude And condescending and unhelpful.To the point of telling me what I say can't be possible, even though I was reading it from an email I got from OOMA. If I had gotten him when I called for info and to order, I never would have ordered a telos. I called back and got a helpful agent named Christine, and she fixed my record that he said he had fixed and transferred me to a supervisor as I requested. I hung up after waiting 15 minutes!! I see an awful lot of complaints about OOMAs customer service, with agents like Louis I can see why. I worked as a supervisor with an airline reservations office, and customer svc at a very busy airport. I know how to deal with people. There are always agents you may not be happy with, but I have NEVER called to complain about anyone until now. I bet I will never hear anything back about this, but you can bet other people will hear what happened by reviews and word of mouth.
    This all happened about 230pm on the 26th of April. The reference number Christine gave me is [protected], and my order number is OID-107-vh9x8ncevnghxqnv.
    Nancy Kondash

OomaOoma voip quality

When I first purchased the Ooma phone the speech quality both sending and receiving was acceptable. After the trial period and after I did not purchase any additional services, things began to go downhill. People on receiving end began to complain about speech breaking up. It has continued to deteriorate to the point that it is unusable. Calling customer support is no help. They say that they can hear me just fine and there is nothing they can do. That was about all I could understand as the customer rep spoke with a foreign accent. She said some other things but I could not understand her even after asking her to slow down and speak slowly. After that I just hung up in frustration.

• Mg
          [email protected] Dec 26, 2018

I was using the Ooma (VOIP ) telephone service for several years. One day the box connecting me to Ooma system (TRELO) suddenly died (not even the power light would come on). When I contacted Ooma for help they sold me newer TELO for $96.73 (including shipping) on Sep. 12.
          I received the TELO a few days later. I had problems with the new TELO. The telephone calls would suddenly end. I contacted their technical staff help several times over the next few week but the problem was not resolved. Thus, I returned the TELO on Oct. 24 and cancelled my telephone service from Ooma. When I requested refund for the defective TELO that was returned to them, they refused to refund since it over 30 days when the TELO was returned.
          Thus, I want to say that the telephone did not work and they would not even refund my money. Ooma tele[hone service is terrible and not customer friendly.

Oomaooma telo porting

I am almost 85 years old, a customer of OOMA for many years now recovering from a stroke. Also, in the hospital for rehab in many areas as it is frontal lobe effects. Thus, appointed a trusted friend as Power of Attorney for everything.

The problem started when OOMA ported my friends telo # to my home address which is about 1 mile away, different phone, addresses etc many months ago. We have asked OOMA to correct their mistakes as I need to open my own account to see my legion's, block telemarketers, etc. It's been several months, several days, hours...Yet, OOMA will not/cannot fix the problem they created and give me my own account. Thus, am asking anyone including The FTC, Attorney Generals Office to contact OOMA for seemingly False Advertising, Inability to provide tech service etc.

Ooma — ooma telo

I purchasesed online the above system 7/12/17 at 5;00 Pm. I want to cancel the order for I have use the phone...

Ooma — Bogus tax

Ooma recently increased my taxes by 43%. They refuse to explain the tax and will only cut and paste a canned...

OomaTelo

Singed up 8 months ago. Anyone on the other end gets an echo and feedback always. Complained to ooma about it. Nothing done. The thing has now stopped working altogether since july 6. I'm still being billed. Ooma will do nothing. What a piece of crap. These people should be in jail for theft!

Ooma — Unauthorized charges

Hello, I own small car dealership in Richmond, Va. When I was chatting with OOMA sales and inquiring about...

Ooma — Service complaint

I have been using OOMA for over 2 years now. Recently I am having trouble with their service while using...

Ooma — Voip phone service

OOMA has Poor quality Customer Service. Ready for that? It will be your life with them. OOMA looks for ANY...

Ooma Inc — Horrible customer services.

The customer services of Ooma Inc are really terrible and completely unprofessional. They haven’t done what...

Ooma — Poor customer service

Incident 8/4/2015, Incident number - [protected] Not happy. 2 phone adapters inside of 5 month...

Ooma ServieClarification of issues

I read the complaints and for the most part they are due to the misunderstanding of the customer. I was very thorough in my investigation before I enrolled for services since it caused me to purchase a piece of hardware. Their charges are exactly as represented by them. Their phone quality seems to improve as time goes on, not that it was bad in the beginning

That monthly fee that keeps coming is not their fees but federally mandated fees that cannot be prepaid. It is a non profit item to the this telephone service provider and any other telephone service provider including the cell companies. I fought that battle long ago and I discovered that big government had its nose, once again, in our private affairs. Once you discover what these taxes are for you will be even more displeased. If you want to change it, vote to make government smaller and then perhaps you will find these annoying intrusions into your life will decrease.

• Bi
                Bill Cory May 21, 2019

The telo phone does not work for phone ladders. When I'm asked to press a number to be transferred to the appropriate department, they do not get the number that I pressed. Very frustrating.

• Ph
                Phil Eades Oct 26, 2019

I ordered an Ooma device on line and was charged twice and a third time for a strange amount. I called them to have the bad charges removed and after being put on hold several times they said I needed to dispute them through my bank. Terrible customer service to start the experience with!

Ooma — ooma fcc fee & other fee's

Purchase Ooma Phone Service, bought the Telo, 2 HD cordless Handsets, and paid for my service for the whole...

OomaCall quality

Using Ooma for about 4 months. Actually not bad and cost is good. QoS on the other hand is a problem. When connected, both parties overtalk each other. You need to pause a second or so before the next person can talk. Complained to Ooma but no cure. Upload speed is not the issue. If they could fix this, Ooma would be as good as my Comcast Phone.

• Ri
                  Richard C Hallam Mar 11, 2014

When we first purchased ooma it work very well. Now it seems to over ride the caller and there is a delay. Not the phone because I purchased another phone. I need to know how to fixed this problem or I need to get rid of ooma.

OomaFraudulent scheme

Beware of Ooma Phone service. I purchased an Ooma unit for my son who resides outside my state. Ooma shipped 2 units to my son and when I inquired, Ooma told me via email that my purchase was for ONE unit ONLY. When I got my Credit card statement, it showed a billing for TWO Units. Ooma then advised me they would credit my Credit card that day, that was 15 days ago and the credit card company has not yet received any credit deposit from Ooma

• Gx
                    gxn1965 May 20, 2016

EQUITY ALERT: Rosen Law Firm Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Ooma, Inc.

Ooma — Scam or cheating

Several years ago, I bought an Ooma hub, due to this advertise " ...Kiss your phone bill and say good bye...

Ooma — Invalid fees

Ooma is charging me for fees and plans for which I have not signed up. Called to get my plan adjusted but no...