Having problems with Oncor?

Oncor Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 313 4747 (Power Outages (24/7)
+1 888 313 6862 (Service Requests / General Inquiries)
+1 888 875 6279 (Ask Oncor)
+1 214 486 2000 (Corporate Office)
+1 866 797 4839 (Choose A Retailer)
1616 Woodall Rogers Freeway, Suite 6C-006
Dallas, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Oncor Customer Service. Initial Oncor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Oncor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Oncor. Discuss the issues you have had with Oncor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Oncor Complaints & Reviews

Oncorinconsistent statements

To everyone concerned;

I did not want to pay extra for a smart meter when they started coming out. I
Was informed many times of the benefits of having a smart meter. I was
Told the smart meter would inform oncor when my electricity was out. No one would have to call
To report the outage. I was told it was an insurance policy.

One of my nearest neighbors lives 1, 500 ft from me.
He watches my house and knows to call oncor if my guard light goes out
While I am out of town. Everyone in my neighborhood knows I do not trust
My frozen food to my smart meter and oncor if my electricity goes out.

Long story short, I left town on may 6, 2014 and returned
May 13, 2014. It appears my electricity went out on may 8, 2014 at
Approximately 9:30am. My neighbor was also out of town. When he
Returned home he noticed my electricity was off and called oncor on
May 13, 2014 at 8:58am, five days after my electricity went out.
Either I had a faulty smart meter or oncor ignored the message sent. I
Have received at least six different accounts from oncor concerning my
Outage. On one of the accounts they stated they replaced my meter on may
12, 2014. If that is the case why is my meter showing 39798 instead of 0,
And why did I not get electricity restored until after my neighbor called in on
The 13th? Also on more than one of oncor’s accounts they stated they knew
My electricity was off on the 8th but mine was low priority and all
Workers were busy restoring electricity to areas north and east of here.

I have four freezers. With the price of beef going
Up, I filled three of the freezers full and kept the fourth
One for a spare before my vacation. I also have a $1, 000.00 generator to keep my freezers
Cold in case of a major power disruption, but no one knew it needed to be
Manually started. I took some
Photos of and listed some of the thawed food. My loss is over $1, 900.00.
Oncor sent me a letter, “oncor … cannot prevent …” “…no negligence
On the part of oncor electric delivery appears to be involved...”

I admit that oncor cannot prevent outages but i
Believe they are negligent in not restoring power for five
Days. I am paying extra for a smart meter to notify oncor of the outage,
But what good is it if oncor neglects the ‘message’ sent? This should never
Have happened and I do not want it to happen again to me or anyone else. I have been paying my ‘insurance’
Premiums and want to be reimbursed for my loss.

A
Friend of mine lives a couple of miles from me.
He and his neighbor lost electricity a few months ago. They were the only ones in the area to lose
Power. They continued calling for 48
Hours before they got power. How many
Others have lost food?

Oncor — oncor

My father just moved into a new condo and we have been going through hell trying to get oncor to realize that...

Oncorrefused to fix fence gate satisfactorily

Oncor rang my doorbell about 2 weeks ago as they needed to read the meter in my back yard. I told the person to wait and let me get a key to unlock the gate. The service person pushed open the gate (which is the width of a one car driveway and damaged the gate before I returened with the key. I complained about the damage - he took a picture of it and left. I had oncor people out today to look at the damage. Their offer was to attach a board to the brick house and secure the gate with that. They made no offer to actually repair or replace the damaged gate. I have contacted them again and have been told this is all they will do. This is not a fair way to take care of something the oncor service person caused to happen.

Oncor/Belton, Temple, Killeen area — rolling power outages

I do understand that the rolling power outages are needed due to the high load of electricity used at thi...

Oncor — poor response

I previously have had trouble getting connected with a representative at oncor. This last time I contacted...

Oncor — poor customer service/lying to customers

My lights went out aroud four or five am. I called my electricity provider prepared to make a payment only to...

Oncor / Green MTN. Energy Co. — meter readings

Green mountain energy is my electric service co.-oncor is their provider. For the past 3 months I have been...

Oncor-electric — high electric bill

Our electric bill has been extremly high and no is doing anything about it I have called txu and they will...

ONCORE electric delivery — over charge bill doubles

I am willing to provide my bill which shows clearly that they overcharged me big time during the month of...

Oncorno power restore

Due to the lack of responsiveness by oncor, I am now writing a complaint for my parents, seeing as they have no power to do so themselves. They live on claybrook, in the lake highlands area in dallas, tx, and have been without power for over 60 hours. Well over 30 phone calls have been made on their behalf to attempt to reach someone at oncor, all of which had no answer. Each time it goes directly to an automated voice system, which gave them a confirmation number, 5524. Unfortunately, there is not an option to use this number and find out how long it will be until the issue is addressed, making the number completely useless. This is being used a ploy to try and make people feel at ease while nothing is being done. Not only that, but there has yet to be one oncor van in the neighborhood even attempting to make an effort to fix this issue. All they want is to reach a live employee of oncor, to know how much longer they will be without power. They have been living on-and-off at their friends, and would like to know if they should move in full time. We realize this is a city wide issue, and all we are asking for is a response from a live employee to get an idea of how long it will be, and would greatly appreciate an email to [protected]@aol.com.

Oncor — power outage

Oncor is truly unprepared and the least sympathetic business I have encountered in a long time. When your...

Oncor — poor service

After 41 hours without power I have come to one conclusion. After living in chicago, denver and los angele...

Oncorservice

Our power went out on thursday and we submitted a report, no human interaction, no nothing, just an automated system that claims "the report has been issued" 30 hours later none of the neighbors have seen an oncor work truck, none of the neighbors have back there power, there is nothing going on. Several of the neighbors who have infant children have had to vacate their homes due to the dropping temerapture. Does oncor care that their customers are unable to stay in their residences? No, of course not, they are still getting money out of them for this month. Does oncor care that we (their customers) are having to leave our houses and try and find hotels (I went to several before I found a vacancy), does oncore care we are having to spend extra money not in our budgets to stay warm because their so call "electricians" never showed? No, they don't because, they are still going to be paid. The problem at my house is simple, the transformer blew a fuse, happens once about every 2-3 months and stays out for 2-5 days. It would take oncor a matter of an hour to fix this problem and make 50-150 customers happy. Do they come out and fix it? Eventually when a neighbor tracks down a truck and talks them into calling in and requesting a work order. Does oncor answer their phone and face the public that they so willingly leave in the dark? Of course not, any number you call either re-routes the call to the automated system or tells you that oncor will only accept automated outage reports. This sounds to me like a company that is hiding because they know they screwed up, and now they are afraid to face the music. City hall is now watching oncor and tracking power outage times, restorations, out all of that. I think it's time we go to city hall and the puc and take care of the oncor problem.

• Ga
            Gary Kinkade Sep 28, 2018

ONCOR is a corp. having monopoly control over the PUC and local municipalities through any which means to get there...take your pick. I don't know what percentage of Texas residents are under their control but it is high. Smart meters are required (a dubious piece of equipment itself). The smart meter can monitor your appliances, can increase or decrease the amperage at will, is tied to other resident smart meters (a pod) i.e. a possibility to increase your (false) amperage used if other members of the pod vacate with an outstanding bill (everything to gain and nothing to lose ) for them. In addition some municipalities now limit the total watts of roof solar installed to offset the KWH provided by the suppliers (another form of control). And then there is the question of radio frequencies emitted by these smart meters which according to numerous reports are detrimental to your health...So my overall feeling is that ONCOR can shove it where the sun doesn't shine even though I am at the mercy of their bidding.

• gwengurl Oct 14, 2011

NOTICE OF METER TAMPERING i JUST MOVE IN AND I NEVER CHECKED METER AND ACCUSE OF TAMPERING.

• Pa
            Patrick Neu Sep 30, 2009

How come is it okay for employees such as engineers for Oncor to go on vacation without having another person in office to help customers as well as electricians? Do they even have someone to help us? We electricians work hard to keep our businesses in check and to get jobs done to bill customers so we can pay employees. Then we come to a job with Oncor as the service provider, and they are nowhere to be found to help us to get our jobs finished. I have been waiting for three days to get an engineer to so much as speak with me concerning a service upgrade on a motel. The engineers will not return my calls and their voice mails say they are gone on vacation. Why is it that us electricians have to be the ones to take the fall for oncors inherant misques? I do not have time to wait for jobs that are hard enough to find in this economy to get finished. But due to Oncor, I have to wait just to get an engineer to look at a simple service upgrade to say whether or not it is okay to proceed.

Oncornew meter defective. oncor refuses to fix it

I have making calls to oncor for months now. I received a new meter in december of 08. My bill immediately doubled. My october bill has quadrupled since last year!!! I have called numerous times. The first time they told me that they could not give me a call before they caqme out because their service men don't have telephones. They did come out after about 10 days and re-read the meter. This was not what I had asked them to do. Of course they charged me for it. I called back to explain to them that I wanted to meter checked for defects not reread. They told me it would be 15 days. I was there when the meter reader came out that time. He saw me. I told him what was going on and as far as I can tell he didn't check anything but told me the meter was fine. I was not charged for it and they deny that the man was ever at my house. I called a third time and told them that I now have proof and could show it to them. They acted very concerned and assured me that some one would be out within the next 15 days. 17 days later I called to check on the status of the work order."no, they had not been out yet because of the weather. Someone should come over in a day or two and they would call me with the findings." two days later I called them. "yes. Someone had come out and my meter was fine." I had put my usage statement on my meter so the meter guy would know what was going on. It was untouched. Today I called and was told that "today the supervisor where making call backs to customer and a supervisor would call me back today"... So far, nothing and it's almost quitting time for oncor.

new meter defective. oncor refuses to fix it

• Kh
              K Hines Aug 30, 2011

Posted 8/30/11 9:33a.m.
              This Friday September 2, 2011 from 8-10pm CST the topic on internet radio show Center Stage will be: "Is ONCOR's Smart Meters Cheating Their Customers."
              Join the conversation by calling in @ [protected]. If you have not received the answers you feel you deserve, want ideas on how to handle ONCOR, or want to connect with others who have been through this same ordeal, please call in.

Oncor of Texaspricing

Oncor will not tell you or they say they do not know how much they are going to charge you for anything. How can you agree to a charge if you don't know if it is going to be $10 or $500? They say there will be "calculated" charges. What does that mean? I am a single mother of three with no help trying to keep my bill down and I get charged $80 for them doing their job not to mention three $2.21 charges for these new meters that we have no say so in. Now they say they will not waive any of the fees and I get no answers from stream or oncor.

Oncor Meter Reader — attempted to gain access into home

Meter reader "roger b" - the only name that oncor will provide me with - from oncor attempted to follow me...

Oncor — retaliation by employee

A tree limb fell on my 80 year old father's power line. He did what they did before deregulation and called...