Complaints & Reviews

poor response

I previously have had trouble getting connected with a representative at oncor. This last time I contacted...

poor customer service/lying to customers

My lights went out aroud four or five am. I called my electricity provider prepared to make a payment only to find out that making a payment was not the problem and I was advised to call oncor. Oncor stated that they will send someone out and they should arrive by ten am. No one came. I called back and was advised by a supervisor that someone had been to my residence. I was at home all morning having my front and back yard done and saw no one from oncor. I advised the supervisor of that and she insisted that someone had came out at 8:45 am. Then she told me to call an electrician. I was irate and started to yell and shout. No one had came out in the first place I told her, so how did they know if I needed to call an electrician or not? She argued back and forth with me for about an hour. I finally spoke to a regular agent and was advised that no one had came to my house and that the first one was on his way. Upset and furious, I was. About 2:00 pm someone arrived and come to find out the meter was burnt from the inside. That supervisor should be fired. First she lied to me continuously by stating that someone had been to my residence twice and was not going to come out again. Then she told me to call an electrician, which would have been a waste of money that would not have been refunded. After telling her that the meter was burnt and it was their fault she tells me that they can not actually tell if someone had been out, they can only read the notes on the account. This lady almost had me waste hundreds of dollars by having me call an electrician to my house. My lights were out for about ten hours and not once was an apology given for giving me false information and putting me through the s#t I went through. Oncor has very poor customer service and should hire better trained supervisors.

nova cox Oct 04, 2014

I live at 805 e high wills point tx any time our power Is out Is out it takes oncor hours to come out and flip a switch why Is that this time we were out all most 48 hrs and the same thing i called reliant they can't do anything about all the food i lost oncor u suck

meter readings

Green mountain energy is my electric service co.-oncor is their provider. For the past 3 months I have been...

high electric bill

Our electric bill has been extremly high and no is doing anything about it I have called txu and they will...

over charge bill doubles

I am willing to provide my bill which shows clearly that they overcharged me big time during the month of...

no power restore

Due to the lack of responsiveness by oncor, I am now writing a complaint for my parents, seeing as they have no power to do so themselves. They live on claybrook, in the lake highlands area in dallas, tx, and have been without power for over 60 hours. Well over 30 phone calls have been made on their behalf to attempt to reach someone at oncor, all of which had no answer. Each time it goes directly to an automated voice system, which gave them a confirmation number, 5524. Unfortunately, there is not an option to use this number and find out how long it will be until the issue is addressed, making the number completely useless. This is being used a ploy to try and make people feel at ease while nothing is being done. Not only that, but there has yet to be one oncor van in the neighborhood even attempting to make an effort to fix this issue. All they want is to reach a live employee of oncor, to know how much longer they will be without power. They have been living on-and-off at their friends, and would like to know if they should move in full time. We realize this is a city wide issue, and all we are asking for is a response from a live employee to get an idea of how long it will be, and would greatly appreciate an email to [protected]@aol.com.

power outage

Oncor is truly unprepared and the least sympathetic business I have encountered in a long time. When your...

poor service

After 41 hours without power I have come to one conclusion. After living in chicago, denver and los angele...

service

Our power went out on thursday and we submitted a report, no human interaction, no nothing, just an automated system that claims "the report has been issued" 30 hours later none of the neighbors have seen an oncor work truck, none of the neighbors have back there power, there is nothing going on. Several of the neighbors who have infant children have had to vacate their homes due to the dropping temerapture. Does oncor care that their customers are unable to stay in their residences? No, of course not, they are still getting money out of them for this month. Does oncor care that we (their customers) are having to leave our houses and try and find hotels (I went to several before I found a vacancy), does oncore care we are having to spend extra money not in our budgets to stay warm because their so call "electricians" never showed? No, they don't because, they are still going to be paid. The problem at my house is simple, the transformer blew a fuse, happens once about every 2-3 months and stays out for 2-5 days. It would take oncor a matter of an hour to fix this problem and make 50-150 customers happy. Do they come out and fix it? Eventually when a neighbor tracks down a truck and talks them into calling in and requesting a work order. Does oncor answer their phone and face the public that they so willingly leave in the dark? Of course not, any number you call either re-routes the call to the automated system or tells you that oncor will only accept automated outage reports. This sounds to me like a company that is hiding because they know they screwed up, and now they are afraid to face the music. City hall is now watching oncor and tracking power outage times, restorations, out all of that. I think it's time we go to city hall and the puc and take care of the oncor problem.

• Pa
    Patrick Neu Sep 30, 2009

How come is it okay for employees such as engineers for Oncor to go on vacation without having another person in office to help customers as well as electricians? Do they even have someone to help us? We electricians work hard to keep our businesses in check and to get jobs done to bill customers so we can pay employees. Then we come to a job with Oncor as the service provider, and they are nowhere to be found to help us to get our jobs finished. I have been waiting for three days to get an engineer to so much as speak with me concerning a service upgrade on a motel. The engineers will not return my calls and their voice mails say they are gone on vacation. Why is it that us electricians have to be the ones to take the fall for oncors inherant misques? I do not have time to wait for jobs that are hard enough to find in this economy to get finished. But due to Oncor, I have to wait just to get an engineer to look at a simple service upgrade to say whether or not it is okay to proceed.

• gwengurl Oct 14, 2011

NOTICE OF METER TAMPERING i JUST MOVE IN AND I NEVER CHECKED METER AND ACCUSE OF TAMPERING.

• Ga
    Gary Kinkade Sep 28, 2018

ONCOR is a corp. having monopoly control over the PUC and local municipalities through any which means to get there...take your pick. I don't know what percentage of Texas residents are under their control but it is high. Smart meters are required (a dubious piece of equipment itself). The smart meter can monitor your appliances, can increase or decrease the amperage at will, is tied to other resident smart meters (a pod) i.e. a possibility to increase your (false) amperage used if other members of the pod vacate with an outstanding bill (everything to gain and nothing to lose ) for them. In addition some municipalities now limit the total watts of roof solar installed to offset the KWH provided by the suppliers (another form of control). And then there is the question of radio frequencies emitted by these smart meters which according to numerous reports are detrimental to your health...So my overall feeling is that ONCOR can shove it where the sun doesn't shine even though I am at the mercy of their bidding.

new meter defective. oncor refuses to fix it

I have making calls to oncor for months now. I received a new meter in december of 08. My bill immediately doubled. My october bill has quadrupled since last year!!! I have called numerous times. The first time they told me that they could not give me a call before they caqme out because their service men don't have telephones. They did come out after about 10 days and re-read the meter. This was not what I had asked them to do. Of course they charged me for it. I called back to explain to them that I wanted to meter checked for defects not reread. They told me it would be 15 days. I was there when the meter reader came out that time. He saw me. I told him what was going on and as far as I can tell he didn't check anything but told me the meter was fine. I was not charged for it and they deny that the man was ever at my house. I called a third time and told them that I now have proof and could show it to them. They acted very concerned and assured me that some one would be out within the next 15 days. 17 days later I called to check on the status of the work order."no, they had not been out yet because of the weather. Someone should come over in a day or two and they would call me with the findings." two days later I called them. "yes. Someone had come out and my meter was fine." I had put my usage statement on my meter so the meter guy would know what was going on. It was untouched. Today I called and was told that "today the supervisor where making call backs to customer and a supervisor would call me back today"... So far, nothing and it's almost quitting time for oncor.

new meter defective. oncor refuses to fix it

• Kh
    K Hines Aug 30, 2011

Posted 8/30/11 9:33a.m.
    This Friday September 2, 2011 from 8-10pm CST the topic on internet radio show Center Stage will be: "Is ONCOR's Smart Meters Cheating Their Customers."
    Join the conversation by calling in @ (347) 850-8390. If you have not received the answers you feel you deserve, want ideas on how to handle ONCOR, or want to connect with others who have been through this same ordeal, please call in.

pricing

Oncor will not tell you or they say they do not know how much they are going to charge you for anything. How can you agree to a charge if you don't know if it is going to be $10 or $500? They say there will be "calculated" charges. What does that mean? I am a single mother of three with no help trying to keep my bill down and I get charged $80 for them doing their job not to mention three $2.21 charges for these new meters that we have no say so in. Now they say they will not waive any of the fees and I get no answers from stream or oncor.

attempted to gain access into home

Meter reader "roger b" - the only name that oncor will provide me with - from oncor attempted to follow me...

retaliation by employee

A tree limb fell on my 80 year old father's power line. He did what they did before deregulation and called...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices