Having problems with Oncor?

Oncor Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 313 4747 (Power Outages (24/7)
+1 888 313 6862 (Service Requests / General Inquiries)
+1 888 875 6279 (Ask Oncor)
+1 214 486 2000 (Corporate Office)
+1 866 797 4839 (Choose A Retailer)
1616 Woodall Rogers Freeway, Suite 6C-006
Dallas, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Oncor Customer Service. Initial Oncor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Oncor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Oncor. Discuss the issues you have had with Oncor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Oncor Complaints & Reviews

OncorOutages and Meter too small for house that blew during surges

We lost power on February 14 at 11:00 pm and remained without power close to 35 hours. Following outages, we then sustained rolling black outs until Tuesday, February 16. After about 6 hours of outages, we started to get low power service to were none of our heaters, appliance, or inside lights would work. We had such low power, a few plugs and outside led lights would operate. We reported to Oncor over & over until we contacted electrician that told us our meter was blown. We contacted Oncor via friend and on 2/18/21 7:32 pm we received a new meter. The installer stated that the meter on our house was too small for our size of house due to cause it to wear down more with surges. We have now sustained up to $70k in damages due to pool equipment cracked & busted, busted pipes in master bedroom & master bath, pool house bathroom pipes and garage where our pipes feed the house and ice machine. We have to replace attic decking, sheet rock, tap & bed, paint and faux painting, hand scraped hardwood flooring, and plumbing bills.
We are asking for $12K to cover our insurance deductible so we can start process of major renovations due to outages for 5 days. Thank you for your time and consideration.

• Updated by Holly George · Mar 05, 2021

Thank you for reviewing our complaint.

OncorInstallation of Transformer and Switch Gear at 1340 FM 548 Forney, Tx

On October 15, 2020

My Company Turnkey under my Supervision built a new 7-11 Building located at 1340 FM Road in Forney, Tx

As you can see we paid $32, 659.23 for a New Transformer and Switch Gear.

I helped Tiffany. [protected]@oncor.com and Her Supervisor Marina.[protected]@oncor.com an Acceptable Route for the Power to this Building.

They used every Excuse to Delay Delivery of Said Equipment.

Coved 19 and now the Ice Storm. I realize Customers need your Help at this Point and Time.

So do we as we had no Power in a 2.6 Million Dollar Structure. We sustain Damage to this Building with Broken Pipes for which you are Responsible.

Deliver our 5 Months Paid for Equipment on April 1, 2021

Work overtime if needed to complete and Deliver Service.

Enough is Enough.

Larry Brayfield

Superintendent
    Turnkey Construction
    [protected]

Post Script

Tim Moore has done an outstanding Job for me and for you, (A true asset for Oncor.

Next Step Complaint to the Public Utilities Commission

Oncorweather outage

For three days i was out of power and i keep trying to call to find out what was going and every time you call it would put you on hold and then tell you all agent were busy and then it would hang up this happened for three days . This is uncalled for. And something needs to bee done. I have grandbaby that were cold . Someone needs to fix the problem. that is not right what happened to us when it was that cold.

OncorPower outage been out since February 13

I have been without power for 7 days counting today. What I don't understand is being able to visually see two Oncor technicians in there utility trucks outside of my home drive off very fast, and when I enter my home there is still no power. How does that happen why would I see Oncor technicians in a power outage area but not restore power at least not
        to my residence what is really going on? Oh, and there several other neighbors around me that have power so are they selecting who power they turn back on?

OncorVery poor service. I can’t even get my power onevery other house has power but me

I have been waiting for power for three days. Everyone in my neighborhood has power but me! Still waiting February 18 at 8:54 PM. You hear the same recording from this morning at 5o'clock same excuse. Very poor service. February 20 12:26 still have no power. All my neighbors have power it must be nice. Oncore has always been rude. I do Constrution and I always the general contractor compline. They say oncore always does what they want.

OncorService

We are without electricity on February 14, 15, 16, with temperatures in the 20's and single digits for at least 8 hours or longer during those days.While in the richer part of the city there was no shortages and in downtown a professional sports team was playing with an empty arena while lots of people where sleeping all night long in freezing temperatures .We live in Wilmer Texas, a small town on the south side of Dallas Texas

• Dl
                Dlred Feb 16, 2021

We've been without service over 29 hours and can't even get an estimate. Texas is too Big & Powerfull to Not be equipped to handle this Storm! The $$$$ are there but just NOT APPLIED to prevent average citizens from Extremely Long Outtages! The lights were on in Downtown Dallas and weren't noticed until someone Complained and they were turned off afterwards. Lights are on in more EXPENSIVE NEIGHBORHOODS. This is Awful and its really Shameful! Everyone involved in this Public Utility Company dropped the Ball or they just Sold us Out to the Worst Company for $$$$! I can't imagine ever have anything pleasant to say about ONCOR!

OncorElectric service at 2626 and 2701 chappel hill rd waco, texas

Power was supposed to be rolling blackouts for 15 minute intervals to help keep the Texas grid running. It has now almost been a full day without power and still no response from Oncor, just a recorded message assuring everyone it will be okay! What a crock! Looks as though Ercot is pretty damn selective of who gets power and who doesn't! Looks like most the wealthy parts of Waco have power, but cross the Brazos in Waco (on the other side of Baylor) and normal folks have been in the dark for a full day! Drove around to see who had power and who didn't. It was pretty obvious... sad that Texas Utilities have stooped so low against paying customers! Lucky to have natural gas, but many in this area don't and that really sucks! Also, have not seen one Oncor truck out working on anything! What a scam.

oncoreElectric Service

We have had our power out longer than it has been on since 12/14/2021. I have spoken with many friends in more upscale neighborhoods that have had NO outages at all. I'm not wishing misfortune on my friends, but, Oncore touted that it would be random rolling outages. If this is random, I must not know what random means. I am very upset that I have spent 3 nights huddled under a pile of blankets and others in the metroplex have gone on with life like nothing has happened. I'm curious to know if the 6 or 7 Amazon warehouses within a few miles of my phone experienced any of the "rolling outages"

• Je
                    Jeff Rivers Feb 16, 2021

I agree, this is ridiculous! It sure smells like income based discrimination based on our drive to different areas of town to validate our suspicions over multiple times. Everyone should have the same amount of time without power through this weather emergency. Then ERCOT needs to get their butts in gear a d makes sure something like this can never happen again!

OncorDiscrimination of selective power outages when low on product to the less affluent communities

I am madder than hell! We are suffering through extended multiple all day blackouts when ERCOT decided they did not need to properly prepare for such a major cold snap unlike many other states, like Oklahoma having much worse weather than us here in Texas has had. Oklahoma has had over 5000 power outages I understand as compared to the MILLIONS of people here in North Texas alone! When ERCOT asked ONCOR to find areas that they can do recurring 15 -30 minute blackouts, ENCOR decided to make it easy of themselves and just keep the blackouts in certain less affluent areas with an occasional 1 to 2 hour reprieve to tease with power a couple of times a day at the most!!! We drive around in and checked other areas of the community out to prove our suspicions and sure enough we were right!!! The most affluent areas of our community continued to have power for the most part while our area of the city did not even have street lights or traffic lights! A heavy majority of small businesses that were closed and did not even need electricity continued to have power to light their stores while suffering families had no where to go but get sick! Everyone should take their turn on these blackouts, PERIOD! The length of time without power should be proportional. We are going to lose all of our perishables in our refrigerator and freezer! This discrimination and lack of preparedness has to end, NOW!!! I assure you that I may not live in the most affluent areas of the city. but I do have plenty of money to check into my legal options and hold legally responsible, the companies and organizations guilty in this miscarriage of responsibility and justice for every human being that ONCOR and ERCOT are suppose to serve!!! They deserve to be fired!!!

• Updated by Jeff Rivers · Feb 16, 2021

I cannot speak for everyone. but is seems so far today, on Tuesday that ONCOR is rolling these blackouts around better and more frequently, at least for us. Hopefully they will keep doing it this way, when it is necessary, until we get through this.

Northdfw Feb 16, 2021

I agree. I know several people and business owners, in more affluent communities, that have had ZERO power outages during the so-called "Rolling outages". I guess they only roll downhill, not uphill!

• Je
                      Jeff Rivers Feb 16, 2021

@Northdfw Lol, good way to look at it as bad as this is. I am a forgiving person and understand this necessity because of ERCOT's unpreparedness. I am good with taking my turn as long as they are as equal as possible between every community except hospitals and EMS themselves, which should have their own grid.

OncorVoluntary Mandated power Outages

We are home owners located in Mansfield Texas with five small children. Our power went out on February 15, 2021 around 4 AM. We were told per the power outage reporting system that our power would be out between 16 minutes and one hour only. Our power did not return until 5 PM on February 15, 2021, for only two hours. IOU's power went out again around 7 PM on February 15, 2021. We began reporting the power outages to Oncor repeatedly every hour on the hour. It is now February 15, 2021 at 11:37 PM and we are still without power!

Oncor has a computer system which allegedly allows us to report their voluntarily mandated power outages, but it does not return our power. Again, we have five small children and or iced-in with no power for nearly 24 hours with no resolution. No one should have that much power over paying families' lives, and not be required to exercise consideration, empathy and care over our families!

Voluntary Mandated power Outages

OncorPower outage customer service

Called Oncor to report power outage many many times.
                      As requested I entered my exact ESI number and it did not recognize it.
                      As requested entered phone number and it did not recognize it.
                      As requested entered address it did not recognize it.
                      As requested entered eight digit meter number they asked for nine it did not recognize it.

They always recognize those numbers for billing!!

At 83 and freezing for 40 hours now and no way to let them know I'm out there.

OncorOncor power

We have been without power since early this morning . Customer phone is useless, website is useless. On the off chance I get thru I have received message from not aware of outage to working to resolve problem. It is absolutely unacceptable, negligent and immoral to leave people without power for 15 plus hours without even an effort to help. Oncor needs to be held accountable for their actions .

Oncor Electric/Ercot13hours without power is completely incompetent

309Smyth St Aledo Texas rolling blackouts should be just that not 2million people without power with below freezing temperatures families with elderly & children frigid temperatures no answer on phone until 9pm tonight could not get on website to report outage no internet server this is much longer than a few hours this is ABUSE !!! No end in site Oncor cannot even give us a time of restoring our power!!!
                          Carolyn Crippen
                          [protected]

OncorElectric

I live at 2016 Meadowcreek drive and every time there's a power outage via weather or accidental my area always take the longest. Do we need an upgrade with the power system since it's an older area. Today we have been out of power since midnight. We didn't get power until 4:40pm my house was at 39 degrees when the power came on. The power stayed on an hour and went back off.

OncorNo heat

I have been without electricity since 8:00 this morning (2/15/21) we are freezing. There has been no electricity except for 5 seconds. That's stretching it. The animals are freezing, we're freezing. Where is the every half hour to hour relief?? Eight hours with no heat. I do understand the situation but other towns, cities get it. We are freezing to death. Turn our electricity on at least 30 minutes, or I promise you there will be a lawsuit.

OncorElectricity

On the coldest day of the year, my electricity provider, ONCOR, decides to enforce rolling blackouts. That is understandable. The question becomes, however, are the residents in North Dallas and Highland Park experiencing the same thing?
                                I believe that the disparaged are suffering during this time while others are going unscathed. Will I be pro-rated for the hours that my lights have been off, or will you overcharge and say they've been on this whole time?

OncorExtended power outtage

Feb 11th power went out at our house. I'm away at work and my daughter is there alone trying to care for our animals and property. Everytime I contacted them about an estimated time for restoration, it was always only 3 to 6 hours till power would be restored. Now it has been 36 hours and they have just announced it will be 24 additional hours. This seems excessive to me and makes me question if they are really working on the issue at all.

OncorLoad noise from box and indoor

There has been load buzzing noise from the box outside and tonight inside the house it's very irritating and I'd like someone to address the problem instead of tryine to ask me to change providers for change service that I have
                                    ...I realize your the only provider and that you suck and know you suck but please send someone out to stop this buzzing noise.

OncorService disconnection on 2 addresses. Problem is at 1 address per oncor rep

Incident date 1/6/2021
                                      time 3:32 pm
                                      location: residence
                                      email: [protected]@gmail.com
                                      Oncor cut off service to my duplex with 2 different meters/ addresses. I called they there was a faulty wire on 1 address. I asked why cut off 2 addresses they put me on hold. Lady said she could give me info needed to speak to husband. Complaint is they removed the face to meters and cut wires to pole. My questions are why both addresses if only address was in question. Why did I not a notice of any kind as stated per text. No one contacted me. I had 2 small children at home 3yr/ 11month . I now have food in fridge going bad. No heat in my house. No notice. I get the part where there is a hazard. But no warning. No regard for my situation. Very unhappy. I have to find an electricity on NO NOTICE!! and no one can answer WHY BOTH HOUSES? Frustrated, Confused and Very upset! I need help. I do not the means for a room, for food, for housing anywhere else.

OncorTransmission tower

I am reaching out about the the birds on the transmission tower behind my house. I have been trying for over a year to get someone to address the bird issue. They are destroying my property I have bird poop covering everything its staining the plaster in my pool. It has destroyed my outside funiture which is now for the trash. Staining my windows . Its everywhere, and is happening on a daily basis every since they install the huge transmission tower behind my house. No one understands our frustration dealing with these birds and the damages they have caused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.