Having problems with Duke Energy?

Duke Energy Customer Service Contacts

400 S Tryon
Charlotte, North Carolina

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Duke Energy Customer Service. Initial Duke Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Duke Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Duke Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with Duke Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Duke EnergyCustomer service representatives do not help customers

Account: [protected]
Duke Power Customer Service Employees hung up on me three times while I was trying to understand my bills as they don't match with the past due amount. I unfortunately did not write down their names, but it feels like this is something they do when the question gets too complicated. I was explaining my questions: balance online shows $276.91, payment due to avoid disconnection by 12/10/20 is $256.53 BUT in the bill from 11/13/20 it says please pay $103.09 to avoid disconnection by 12/10/20 which we did on 11/25/20. I also asked to have a service fee waived as I made one payment of $153.44 twice on 11/3/20. I am unemployed right now and struggling to pay my bills in time, so it is very frustrating to not get help while I am just trying to figure out how to make things work and avoid disconnection.

Nov 05, 2020

Duke Energy — Limemen

During power outage of wind storm in rutherford county nc I was told by the recording of the outage line...

Duke EnergyFailure to advise neighbor of dangerous tree

My name is Edward Riester and I live at 4 Deerfield Rd in Biltmore Forest. I advised the town manager of a dangerous tree in my neighbor yard that was leaning over the utility wires. I was told that a representative came and inspected the tree and deemed it okay to the owner Ginny Weiler at 3 Amherst Rd. Said tree came down on 09./13/2020 at about 4:00 PM. It took out all the utility cables and an older pole behind 8 Deerfield Rd. It damaged several of my trees and blew out my Invisible Fence. I was home but my fortunately my dog was not. The picture of the trees show the neighbor's tree horizontally. The blacken wall shows the results of the blown dog fence device. So far I am out $3250.00 for tree removal. I was being proactive by bringing the neighbors dangerous tree to both the town and to Duke but I am the only one out a significant amount of money. I am also a customer at 7 Westside Drive Asheville, NC 28806. Please comment,

Failure to advise neighbor of dangerous tree
    Failure to advise neighbor of dangerous tree

Duke EnergyCannot explain the calculations used to derive taxes on their bill

My total electric charges were $311.87

Also to the bill their were three separate taxes charged
      Gross receipt tax = $8.00
      Municipal franchise fee = $19.78
      Municipal utility tax = $27.24

Total $55.02 no one at duke energey can provide how these numbers are calculated so a consumer can validate the are accurate each month besides being very high.

Duke EnergySmart meter

Reading about many complaints about the "Smart Meter" causing health issues even from other States!
        1. I have a bad immune system and I am concerned how this can possibly harm me or other family members.
        2. Being forced to have it installed and stating if we don't, we will have to pay a higher monthly bill to have someone come out to read it! Being forced to having it installed is wrong! Above all, not being able to make a reasonable choice!
        3. Reading so much about monthly bills being higher and sometimes double is scary when folks are out of jobs, monthly fixed incomes, or exposing one to harmful radiation.
        4. Seeing that Duke Energy does not have a very good rating with it's millions of customers.
        5. Omitting jobs! No one comes by to reads the meters now, at least coming on to anyone's property to do so.
        6. Telling us why it is good for your company, knowing it is not a good deal for customers!
        7. Why we are being dictated to and the way it is forced on customers!
        Rusty Lenhof
        Winter Springs, Fl.

Jul 23, 2020

Duke Energy — Trespass

Today, July 23, 2020, I had an unexpected knock on my door. This occurred while I had two electrician...

Duke EnergyGas service

I installed a standby generator at the end of March 2020, and installation of the unit is not complete as I have a stuck gas shut-off valve ahead of my gas meter. Duke has been behind on repair work like this due to COVID-19, but they seem to have no idea if they will ever get around to replacing this valve.
          I have offered to pay for a third party contractor to have this valve replaced, but they say only they can do this work. I believe this fix is a 1/2 day job, and I think it is not reasonable to have to wait over 90 days for this simple fix.

Jun 30, 2020

Duke Energy — Street lighting - account #[protected]

A new street light fixture was installed in Haven Park West @ 9179 New Haven Rd., Harrison, OH, across the...

Duke EnergyTrees removed on property

I was notified of three small trees duke energy was going to cut down on my property all I did was requested that the stumps be removed, the day they showed up to remove the trees they brought a Polk County Deputy to come up to the house as if I had threaten someone, the deputy sat in his car until the trees were removed, the deputy left and went toward Frost proof the crew went south to the next property to remove a tree. Why did I need law enforcement present, not a good way for Duke Energy to treat property owners They should have to pay taxes on all of their easements if you can not have a small tree in that area and the holes they left then came back and put rocks in them as far as I am concerned Duke is Cheap and dishonest.

May 05, 2020

Duke Energy — Service changed with I did not make.

I pd 300$ to duke energy on may 2020. It was a bill totaling 500 something $. May 4 I received a texted...

Feb 21, 2020

Duke Energy — Rude customer service and incorrect info in your database

I received an automated call this morning at 8:56 am regarding my service being turned off and to call the...

Duke Energypower outage

This is the second time within 2 weeks the transformer has blown in our backyard leaving us with power for hours. I reported the incident immediately after it happened, and still an hour later no technician has come to even [censored] the situation. I feel as though there could've been more done the last time the same transformer blew to assure this wouldn't happen 2 weeks later. It's a significant inconvenience to a mother home by herself with an 8 month old baby.

Duke Energy Corporationadding partner to my account

I started service 6 weeks ago in my name. My partner and I are both trying to get a real ID and have our voter registration changed to our new address. I need to add her name to the utility bill. I was told that Duke energy did not do that. I can't believe that you can't add a second name and a second person to be liable for the bill. Your customer service is horrible and you should realize that not allowing a second name on an account has real world implications. To say the least, I am extremely unhappy. How do you expect us to change our voter registration and get a real id???

Feb 13, 2020

Duke Energy Corporation — home billing

We moved to our home in November 2019. We received our first bill in December 2019. It was $178.67. December...

Jan 25, 2020

Duke Energy Corporation — excessive credit card fees for non-residential customers

We have Duke for our home and my business here in Florida. I do not want auto pay right now which is my...

Duke Energy CorporationI am complaining about the deposited...

to whom it my concern: a/c # [protected]

I NEED YOUR HELP .. I am a HEART RECIPIENT AND i have typ 2 diabetes.

DUKE ENERGY BOOK KEEPING DEPT...charging me $270.00 more for deposit.
                  there is a deposited of 240.00 dollar in my account for the last five years
                  what happen to the deposit of $240.00.

NO REFUND OR CREDIT WAS EVER APPLY TO MY ACCOUNT

franklin cortes

Jan 15, 2020

Duke Energy Corporation — road plate in cincinnati ohio

On March 3rd, I was driving on Virginia Ave and there was a road plate that was not completely covering the...

Jan 14, 2020

Duke Energy Corporation — customer service

I am writing as someone who has been in customer service and what Duke offers in my case as I know customer...

Jan 07, 2020

Duke Energy — automated payment problem

I made a payment this morning on the automated systemand instead of a verification number i was transferred...

Dec 26, 2019

Duke Energy Corporation — increasing monthly kw usage almost twice the amount actually used

My bill averaged usually 565 kw monthly during the months my sister lived with me (she was with me almost a...