StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy Logo

StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy

Having problems with StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy?

StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 23, 2008. The latest review electric provider was posted on May 15, 2018. The latest complaint Poor customer service was resolved on Sep 25, 2014. StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 15 reviews. StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy has resolved 8 complaints.

StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 677 4355 (GA Residential)
+1 866 917 8271 (TX Residential)
+1 855 465 1244 (Other Residential)
+1 888 635 0827 (Business)
+1 888 898 4323 (Customer Service)
100 Constellation Way Ste 500
Baltimore, Maryland
United States - 21202-6302

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy Customer Service. Initial StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy. Discuss the issues you have had with StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergy Complaints & Reviews

StarTex Power / Constellation NewEnergyelectric provider

I had service with Startex at my home and at a rental property. I requested the power be turned off at the rental home. I had an online transcript of the call to document the request. Instead, they turned it off at my home. I lost all the food in the refrigerator and the freezer. The power at the rental was still on. I called them about the issue. They stated it was not their issue. They told me that the utility company must have turned it off. I called the utility provider and the confirmed they had a move our request from Startex. Startex is not ethical and does not take responsibility for their errors. Choose another provider.

StarTexPoor service

I had very bad experience with the billing of Star Tex Power. It has automatic bill payment through checking account and I have provided all the details and setup for automatic payments. After 2 weeks when I checked the Star Tex Power account online, I could still see the amount due and the bill was not processed trough my automatic payments. I provided my account details again for automatic payments and though this time it would process the billing. Later when I checked my Star Tex Power account online I could still see the online payment was not processed. I thought there is some issue with there billing system through bank account payments and I paid my bill through credit card. The payment was made on time and in the next month bill I could see Other charges as 40 $ I was not sure about that and called the customer care representative. He explained it was fees for not processing payment for my checking account, I explained him the all the effort I made to pay the bill, if the online payment system through checking account is not working from their end why should I pay for that. He said its their policy and he can't help. I don't understand if they are having issues with their bill payment system why customer has to pay for it. It ridiculous for no reason I had paid 40$. I understand there is not perfect world and every system has its own faults but it can be solved through analyzing the problem and make proper decision. If they are not ready to do, what is the use of customer care service. I am very much disappointed with the experience I had and I will never have this services again and never recommend to anyone. Very poor and disappointing experience.

Star Tex PowerPoor customer service

I signed up with Star Tex Power in July. I was promised $50 credit on my first bill . Big shocker it wasn't on the first bill. I called to complain and was told that the credit was manually being requested as sometimes the system doesn't recognize it. 2nd bill comes not shocked the credit wasn't on the bill again. Called and spoke to someone in the billing department explains the whole story again . Mind you this is the 2nd time I have talked to someone about the same issue wasting 45 minutes each time. I was informed that I could pay 50 dollars less and the credit would make it a wash on the next bill. What a joke. I received a disconnection notice today for you guessed it $50. Spoke to 2 different ignorant customer service people who kept repeating the same thing that I have been hearing that it would be on the next bill. I can already see it applied to the next bill. What a crock of ###. I can't wait until 2017 when I can switch service .

• Po
          Power Play Racing Mar 25, 2014

I have been a Commercial - Star Tex customer, at both of my locations, for 41 months, going on my second contract . Star Tex Power has absolutely the worst customer service division I have ever dealt with, from the low end of the pole all the way up to the top person that will take your call . I have been a business owner for 24 years now and I am constantly on the phone with multiple companies and never have I experienced such incompetent people . They start off by putting you on what they call a brief hold which is an average of 5-10 minutes, then if you ask a question, they put you on hold again & and again, until you ask for a supervisor . They will put you on hold, while they " go look for a supervisor " . Of course the supervisor is unavailable, but after several calls & and days later, if you do get a supervisor on the phone, they will be of little use as well . The supervisors will tell you that they are going to look into the problem and call you back within 7-10 days, never did I get a call back . I tried 15 calls in 6 and half weeks to get answers about why I was being charged twice as much delivery charges as my actual usage on one of my locations . At that one location my bill is now three times as much as it was when I signed up with Star Tex . I also wanted to know why my bill was 152.44 more than the figures added up to . In the end, I got no real answer about why my delivery charges were so high . I was told that they had charge me wrong for several months and that the 152.44 was months of back charges, that I had to pay or they would shut off my service . You better not go with Star Tex, if you are looking for a electric provider . Looks like if they are not making enough money honestly, they will probably make up charges and add them to the total of your bill .

StarTexRefuses to refund credit balance

My brother, terminally ill with Cancer, went to Hospice care in January. Beginning of February and repeatedly, I asked that electric service be shut off, and the credit balance, from a $350.00 deposit I made when I set up his account and service, be refunded. The unused Cr Bal is $95.80. Firstly, I was repeatedly refused any help in closing out his account. What I ended up having to do, is set up brand new service under his name with a new carrier, then immediately terminate that once the electric service got switched. This created added fees I absorbed. My brother died in February and in spite of repeated phone calls, emails and multiple documents sent multiple times, will, Certificate of Death, POA. Weeks go by between any response at all and the latest one, received today says they just sent my documents I sent them again on 4/23, to legal, and that it may be rejected, that then I will need to 'work with my bank'. We have Startex electric service and the entire time, my address was notated as my brothers primary address. The entire time, the payments were made from a joint account we had, showing both of our names, now closed. There should not be this much trouble getting something such as this handled. In fact, all other accounts, utilities, bank, credit cards, etc, are all taken care of, they were taken care of in Feb and March! ONLY STARTEX is refusing to refund my money paid on my dead brothers account. I find it insanely cruel and unethical. And it just perpetuates the pain because I love my brother and really want to end this horrible situation where I have to continuously follow up and fax proof of his death.

Startex power Electricty — Took $350 from credit card after death certificate was sent in 2 weeks before payument and verified by customer representative name tasha in houston

customer #[protected]...account # 104077...invoice # [protected] account is in the name Terry Massey/Roy...

Constellation EnergyNo one told me that rate increased

I recently received the bill from the company Constellation Energy. I was shocked how the price grew. I noticed that they increased the rate was increased and I was wondering why that happened and no one informed me about it. I called them, but the lady didn’t provide me any useful info. I understood that I need to pay this bill or they would switch off my electricity and heating. I was in shock, how they ripped me off. Be aware and post your comments if you have the similar situation.

StarTex PowerTurning off Electricity in Error

My mother was a long time happy customer with StarTex but she never needed Customer Service. She recently passed away and now we are selling the house. My brother has continued to live in the house. After talking to Customer Service today I was told that after faxing the Death Certificate I should call back to set up the date we wanted service turned off. Instead, after faxing the document, they turned off the electricity within 4 hours! They never took pertinent information from me - where to send the last bill, my contact information, turn off date, etc. Power was turned off at 5:10 pm with my brother still living there. So now they had him open a new account to turn power back on as we need one more week of electricity so he can continue to live there, pack, move out, and then for clean up. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with customer service and a supervisor who admitted they made a mistake and they were trying to turn power back on in my brother's new account. It is now 9:20 and there is still no power. This is all due to the fact that customer service gave me instructions that the person at the Fax Machine obviously did not know. How can you turn off power when you don't even know the address or phone number where you are sending the final bill??? I'm extremely disappointed in this business and their customer service and supervisor. My fax only supplied them with the information they requested to confirm I had the legal right to discontinue service. It did not request a specific date for termination. It supplied the date I sent the fax. How can that be interpreted as the termination date? If they can turn off service in 4 hours, why can't they turn it back on within 4 hours especially knowing it's their error. To top it all off, my brother is disabled and no air conditioning is harming his health! I would not recommend this company .

• Ro
                Roy HHarlow Apr 24, 2014

changed electric service, was co signed by friend who died, sent death certificate to tasha in Houston two weeks before bill was to be paid took $350 out of my account, have not been able to talk to anybody in a month, no customer service.

Roy Harlow Corpus Christi Texas

• Fa
                farid awan Mar 19, 2014

Multiple times calls to the company, long hold times and upon answering phone hang up. Real bad experience. Thought it was a constellation company, and now I m reporting it to better business bureau. Just a company that should go bankrupt

Star-tex EnergyBilling

I had changed to Star Tex from my current provider. Come to find out TXU said my contract had not expired.so I had to switch back it was within my 3 days right of recession. Then StarTex denied it because TXU let them know instead of me. At first StarTex said they should not have charged me then they changed their mind. So I ask to speak to a supervisor and they said no I had to talk to them. I told him that after a talked to a supervisor if we could not come to a conclusion I would pay it. He still said a supervisor will not talk to you. So I left it at that. I will pay only after speaking to a supervisor.I was going to go back to them but the rep. said they did not care. Deryl McKenzie
              [protected]@aol.com

StarTex PowerRate Increase

After being a continually good customer of StarTex Power for almost a decade, I got the bill for July 2012 and it had doubled. I find out that for the first time in the account history, they sent no notice of renewal. When I called them regarding the bill, I was told notice was sent out two months after renewal date... really? So I asked to speak to customer service manager. I was told that they would return my call the next day... it never happened. So, I call again and this time I am told that the notice was sent out on a different date ( they modified their records after my first call ), and that they had sent e-mail as well as regular mail. I had always received one in years past, and renewed contract for another year. I am IT professional with e-mail being main form of communicaion.. they never sent e-mail. The same e-mail is used for "your bill is ready to view online", so I know they have the right address. I ask to speak to a manager and tell them about how I have been put off with return call and how they botched up the renewal. After telling me that they would not renew and that the bill would not be changed, they tell me that the manager is too busy and will call me back tomorrow.

I'm going with another company as I type. To lie about an account that has been perfect for so long is WRONG. Obviously they want to raise the rates and don't want to explain that they are doing so. Idiots.

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Aug 16, 2012

StarTex Power sincerely apologizes for any frustration this matter has caused you and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email our Customer Experience Team at [email protected] Please include your account information. I look forward to assisting you!

ChampionEnergyServices Aug 16, 2012

Mr Mom, Come on over to Champion Energy! For the third year in a row, we were just ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Providers by JD Power and Associates. Our customer care is top notch, and we notify our customers multiple times of their upcoming contract expirations, in addition to having the expiration date on the bill. Give us a try!

• Co
                    CodyE Jul 24, 2012

I had been with StarTex for several years and was happy with them until I received my bill yesterday. My variable rate excluding fixed TDU surcharges increased 46%, from $.0879 to $.1286, from the June 2012 to July 2012 bill. I don't see how "market fluctuations" could account for such a huge increase. I checked their 12 month contract rate and StarTex is not offering competitive rates like they used to. Their current 12 month rate is $.108 kwh. For comparison, I just signed a 12 month contract with Cirro for $.09 per kwh. Both quoted rates include fixed charges and are based on 1, 000 kwh of usage. On the Power to Choose website about 70% of the competing 12 month plans are cheaper than StarTex. If your renewal is coming up with StarTex it is definitely time to shop.

StarTex Power — customer service

This company is an electric service provider. They claim to have great customer service but have the worst I...

StarTex PowerBilling issues

What's the point of ...great customer service? Automatic drafting? Talking to a supervisor? Seriously! I've been dealing with this automatic drafting problem for almost 2 months. They didn't take out for 1 month so I have to pay a 2 payment in 1 the upcoming month (Dec). If that's not already frustrating enough they went ahead and took out Nov bill, but not Oct. So I have a past due amount on my account. Throughout this almost 2 months StarTex and I have been going back and forth about this deal and in the end...I HAVE TO CALL THEM TO PAY FOR MY BILL! They are so quick to call and send emails about "their money", but don't think how it's frustrating for the customers! Rude!

• Re
                      Reginald and Christa Hardy Aug 19, 2013

Hello my name is Mr. Hardy. I as well am a long time good paying customer who is not feeling so valued. My wife and I have paid on time since we've been with you guys and recently had to settle for a payment plan for a high bill due to supposedly not resigning our contract. Our kwh went from 9 to 13 and that threw our bill out of wack. After reluctantly agreeing with the payment plan our next bill was double our normal amount and that make us late on the next bill. Now I'm looking at a disconnect notice and the so called supervisor says that my years of loyalty and good payment does not out weigh this "ONE" hick up we have experienced. After going in circles it became clear that I, the long time valued customer was no longer valued when I needed assistance. If there is anyone that can help us please contact me 713. 8266895. Thank you

• Br
                      Brohi Dec 27, 2011

Oh my GOD, guys they have selected me and from past two days im going with them on feild work as they have promised me to give me visa in next 10-15 day. what you guys say shud i go with them or i shud quit ? plz help me frnds because my visa will expire on 02 january 2012, i have expanded so much amount on visa and wanted to make good future here...

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Dec 27, 2011

StarTex Power sincerely apologizes for any frustration and inconvenience this matter has caused you and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email our Office of the President at [email protected] I look forward to assisting you!

StarTex PowerFalse advertising; unfair billing

StarTex advertises low variable rates for its retail residential customers then doubles and triples the rates the next month without giving required notice. They are fishing customers and have shady business practices and there are far better companies with which to place your business, if you are interested in an electric provider with a fair variable rate. They also will not answer emails, letters or calls, but turn your account over to collection after refusing to make contact with you. I am in the process of seeking legal advice. So not use them!!!

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Jan 23, 2012

Thank you for your response; however in order to assist you I need to be able to locate your account information. Please email me at [email protected], and I will be happy to review your account.

• Ka
                        karoney Jan 21, 2012

i have received a bill of $ 530 and $ 550 for month of decemeber 2011 and january 2012. I live in 2 bedroom apt. for 2 months i paid over $1000.00 . i switched to reliant. i need help before i seek legal advice!!!

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Dec 08, 2011

StarTex Power would like the opportunity to address your concerns. My name is Jennifer Bell, Supervisor for the Office of the President at StarTex Power. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected]. I sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you have endured and genuinely look forward to assisting you.

star-tex powerbilling policy

This is one of hundreds of "energy brokers" that appeared after the Brilliant (criminal) State of Texas Congress pass deregulation laws involving the electrical energy suppliers in S.E. Texas. The public was told that deregulation would create competitive sales and cause lower cost thru competitive bidding for your business. Hogwash! The criminals in the state congress who wrote the rules, allow the "competitive" companies to share info, share credit and history of clients, share details os usage at every address, and basically price-fix the market. They all compete with each other in TV ads but in billing they are magically all the same and all force the consumer to pay outrageous deposits and bill without having a pre-arranged billing date. One will make you post a deposit and then require you to give them a credit card to bill at their leisure each month...no particular date.
                      For such a basic service as electricity, they are over charging the public and doing it with the blessing of the state. I have to believe that the business practices of the energy companies in SE Texas have investors that happen to be in state congress...
                      I was required to post a CASH deposit of $450 with Star-Tex. I had a bill that was around $240 one month. Being disabled and living on fixed income, this summer meant pay the lites and forget the grocery store...
                      This month I only has $210 so I paid my bill $30 short. Remember that I have a $450 cash deposit in place, . Star-Tex disconnected my power 3 days later for the $30 then added $20 for the d/c fee, another $20 for reconnect fee. The 30 turned into $70 and Star-Tex made no apology about it.
                      I am sick of the state of Texas allowing these crooked energy companies to rape the public. Since the fall of ENRON, I would have thought that these unfair business practices would have ended but not in Texas where the real criminals are the ones making the rules and investing in these companies that literally beat the money out of the public.
                      The worst of it is that the State allows these things. Texas congressmen set up the rules and run the Utilities commission and do nothing to stop these greedy energy companies from breaking the public, the poorest of the public. The disabled, the unemployed, the elderly, all get no discount or assistance from the State or the so called deregulated energy companies. Sure you can change companies...but why? they all share your info so one is just exactly like the other. Different name on the bill, thats all.
                      Yes, everything IS truely bigger in Texas...the bills, the LIES, the thieving, the criminal politicians, everything.
                      While they work darn hard at keeping wages down, the state seems to have found new ways for the wealthy to get wealthier by making the working class Texas carry most of the load with stupid crap like energy deregulation...
                      What idiot thought that adding a "middle-man": was going to cut cost? and allow "competitors" to share information? Then give these crooks the ability to hold your family hostage if you can;t pay them $30?
                      Gotta love this crooked state...

• Bo
                          Boycott Startex Oct 18, 2013

They are crooks. They shut your power off in error then claim they have 24 to 48 hrs to turn it back on while charging a 20 $ disconnect and 20 $ reconnect. So while im without power for 2 days (not able to use oxygen during this time) im also being charhed 40.00 for their error? I agree with your complaint and am looking for a better electric provider ... shouldnt be hard considering startex track record. I have yet to actually hear a good review. In fact, 3 of my friend are switching. Actually brought this up at a HOA meeting and not one person likes them. As a community we are planning on discussing them at next meeting and boycotting them from our community.

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Jan 23, 2012

A representative from the Office of the President will contact you in regards to your concerns.

• Ab
                          aboomdriver Jan 21, 2012

UPDATE to original complaint:

Having seen the reply from the Star Tex rep that invited me to a conversation regarding my issues with their poor customer relations policy of holding several times more cash than the bill could ever possibly amount to... I placed the call. I missed Ms Bell and she DID attempt to contact me. We each made a couple attempts and she finally decided that I was not important enough for her to continue, so she handed this off to another person who she directed to speak with me and make some attempt to get me to shut up and leave it alone. I was able to reach this other lady that Ms Bell dropped this off to. She seemed like she was genuine until I was able to get her to admit that she had no idea what the complaint was about, where it was, how it was made or the circumstances surrounding my complaint. She was there simply to offer me a refund of $20 for the disconnect charges...yes, they actually charge you to disconenct you when they feel like you are a $30 threat to their financial stability...(not taking the $450 cash deposit into consideration). This woman had no idea. I refused this offer and advised her that this was not over and I basically informed her that I would be complaining to anyone and everyone that would listen. It MAY take yrs to resolve, but I will continue to write to state, federal and consumer groups regarding the illegal actions of the S.E. Texas energy brokers that were spawned of the ENRON mentality of "its ok to screw the consumer as long as you don;t get caught".
                          2012 is the year that I push back. My life will be over soon and I will not allow one more day to pass held hostage by crooked business, essential services in this so called "deregulated" energy market. I will not permit other business to walk over me and those like me. You people that tell yourself that you are just doing your job and how much the "company" is justified in their actions, so you can go home and sleep that night, will ahve to work to get that precious clear conscience from now on. I will give you the reality of what you do to real people, human beings that YOU are slowly killing and abusing thru the keyboard or over the phone by being an extension of greed thru corporate deceit and fraud. YOU people that make these calls warning people like ME that we are about to be d/c over $30 when you KNOW that you are talking to someone thats disabled and older, will from now on have to find another way to sleep at night because I am taking over as your conscience. I will inform you of the hardship that you bring, the inhumanity that you pedal, and the injustice that you represent by helping these self absorbed greedy corporations literally beat the last dime out of people that are doing good to eat some weeks.
                          Its already started. You may not feel the effects for some time to come, but you WILL.
                          This is 2012, the year that I push back. After 50 yrs of being pushed around, and nothing left to loose, this is just the beginning.
                          I have the greatest weapon in the world, at my disposal...the INTERNET where I can talk about this all I want and I can exercise my Constitutional rights to the limit, and I WILL. I will spread the word and I will hit YOU where you hurt me, in the ### pocket. How many customers do you think I might be able to turn off to using Star Tex power? Whats it going to cost to deal with investigations by state or federal regulatory agencies? or even consumer reporters that want to find a good story about corporate abuse in America?
                          Whats all that, ANY of that going to cost I wonder?

Thats a question that NONE of us can answer because we will never know exactly who turned away, or who is talking bad about Star Tex over dinner tomorrow night...
                          But we can SPECULATE, can't we?
                          Something that some of you in essential services tend to forget once you get the salary and the company car w/driver...that I have YOUR paycheck. I have the power. I make the decisions. I AM the CONSUMER and I have a VOICE.
                          You screwed me, now its MY turn.

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Nov 24, 2011

Dear Sir, My name is Jennifer Bell, Office of the President Supervisor at StarTex Power. First and foremost I sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this matter has caused you. We value customer feedback, whether positive or negative, as it provides valuable insight as to how our customer's feel. I would like the opportunity to speak with you next week when I return to the office, in an effort to address your concerns and ensure you are a satisfied StarTex Power customer.

In the interim, we wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.

Best regards,

Jennifer Bell
                          StarTex Power
                          Office of the President, Supervisor
                          [protected]
                          [email protected]

StarTex Powerinvoice

hi i am a student that leave in a 440sqft appartment. it was my first time signing with startex power. the fir invoice was fine then the second invoice increase slightly then the third one dramaticaly i have no washer and dryer and i am not at home most of the time i am at college. i would not recomend you to sign in, if you want to save some cash expecially if you are a modest student that want to get a fair price by saving energy. my friend that has a 660sqft appartment pay the price that i am paying this month plus he has a room mate can you imagine.

• Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power Nov 10, 2011

Constellationmishandled luggage

HI,
                          I travelled to Delhi from Birmingham by Emirates EK510 on 25th March, I found my suitcase (Tag number EK430805)broken and I complaint to the customer services Emirates at Delhi airport. They gave me Damaged Baggage report and told me someone will contact you soon regarding your damaged suitcase. On 9th April I received a phone call that some Ajay kumar will come regarding my suitcase, when I spoke to customer care (Rahul Kumar, Anshu Nanda)they said please handover your damaged suitcase, I said as it was damaged and no body contacted me for last 14 days, so I bought a new suitcase as I was to travel to Punjab next day. I told them I am a old customer of your airlines and now I am travelling back to UK. I didnt even buy the ticket from Emirates this time for travelling back to Birmingham.
                          I am very sorry to say how can such a reputed airlines be so careless about their customer.
                          It is alright if the Airlines cannot give me claim for my damaged suitcase but I surely have a right that they should have informed me.
                          You may not feel bad loosing one old customer but I am hurt with this.
                          Thanks
                          Simratchopra Boparai

• Pa
                              Patricia Perillo Jul 17, 2014

On Weds. 7/16 at 6:00P.M. we were met at our residence by a young man who said that we were overcharged on our PSE&G bill and we were entitled to a $8.99 credit, plus a $25.00 bonus for the error that was made. We are both in our seventies and glad to hear that. The rep. took our gas & electric bill's account number down and was going to input the "credit". My neighbor came in and said that this guy was not from PSE&G, but a phony salesman from CONSTELLATION ENERGY. This rep. had is ID badge turned around to a blank side. I flipped his badge to be visible and sure enough it said CONSTELLATION. I told him that I did not want that Company and to delete my information out of his computer. This CONSTELLATION company is using fraudulent means to get new customers that will pay a higher rate. CLOSE THEM DOWN !!!

• Bo
                              Bob Apr 24, 2008

Yes madam Chopra I agree with you, its pathetic airlines, who dont even take care for the basic rights of the passengers.