Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Antivirus Software Norton Customer service when purchasing for the first time - failure to extend to 2yrs yet, and having been told it was done (lie).

Norton  -  Customer service when purchasing for the first time - failure to extend to 2yrs yet, and having been told it was done (lie).

S
Author of the complaint
9:26 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello,

Please see below transcript of chat with Hardeep S.

You will see that it is misleading, confusing ad contains an out-right lie: saying that I had been extended to 2 yrs, that I would receive a confirmation in a few hours. I felt that they were actually trying to 'fob-me-off' with this lie and get me to go away.

I had completed the step they told me to complete in order to get the 2yrs, but instead I got a cancellation email from Norton.

When I tried to get clarity from Hardeep, they ignored my query and abandoned the chat.

This has left me very time-poor having given Norton 3hrs of my time trying to sort this out, that is over £100 worth of my time that Norton has taken due to poor customer service.

I do not respond well to being mis-lead, deceived and lied to.

Chat with us

file:///C:/Users/sabri/Downloads/transcript_1_37%20PM.htm

Chat with us

Transcript

CHAT STARTED AT 12:27 PM

Kate | 12:27 PM

Hello! My name is Kate and I am a virtual assistant. Please select from an option below to ensure I can provide you the best assistance today! Our sales representatives will be able to answer any questions you have about our products and services.

member | 12:28 PM

Chat with a sales representative

Kate | 12:28 PM

Thank you. I will transfer you to an agent now.

You are now chatting with Hardeep S 12:28 PM

Hardeep S | 12:28 PM

Welcome to Norton LifeLock Sales Department. My name is Hardeep and I hope you are having a cheerful day! How can I make you happy with our products or services today?

member | 12:28 PM

hello... I was chatting with Parth S, but the chat ended before i could click on the link they sent

Hardeep S | 12:29 PM

Please let me know which subscription were you trying to buy?

member | 12:30 PM

we had just set me up with Delux for 1 yr and then they were directing me to the renwals team so that they can extend me to 2yrs at the same price

Hardeep S | 12:31 PM

I understand your concern.I assure you that the Norton Support executives will be able to definitely help you in providing the solution for your issue. Please connect with support executives on https://norton.com/chat

Hardeep S | 12:31 PM

Either you can stay connected with me over this chat and copy the link to open it up on another browser

member | 12:32 PM

it asked me to fill out a form

Hardeep S | 12:33 PM

Yes you will need to fill in the information to get connect with them.

ah

okay

member | 12:34 PM

i'm pressing the 'chat now' button but nothing is happening

Hardeep S | 12:35 PM

May i ask if you opened the link in the same browser on the same device?

member | 12:35 PM

its in a different window...

member | 12:36 PM

i'm guessing thats wrong

Hardeep S | 12:36 PM

You can disconnect the chat from here .

member | 12:38 PM

what if i need your help

member | 12:39 PM

you and i are chatting via safari

member | 12:39 PM

i've opened the other link in chrome

member | 12:40 PM

its still not working

Hardeep S | 12:40 PM

i would like to inofrm you that you can directly contact Norton product service on this number [protected].

member | 12:40 PM

i'm in england uk

Hardeep S | 12:41 PM

I undersatand.I would request you to open the link in some other device.

member | 12:41 PM

okay... standby.. here goes

Hardeep S | 12:43 PM

Please take your time.

member | 12:45 PM

i'm scared of being cut off again

i appreciate your help

Hardeep S | 12:45 PM

You are welcome.

Hardeep S | 12:49 PM

May I ask if you issue has been resolved or not ?

unfortunately not

its just a bot

member | 12:49 PM

it doesn't understand what i need

member | 12:50 PM

it now saying wait time to speak to someone is 6 mins!

member | 12:51 PM

are you able to extend the delux to 2 yrs yourself?

member | 12:52 PM

i wish they hadn't cloed the chat until they were sure i was through :(

Hardeep S | 12:53 PM

You can use the link to upgrade it for the next two years.

member | 12:53 PM

which link?

Hardeep S | 12:54 PM

Hardeep S | 12:55 PM

Please clcik on this link and

And once you are done with the payment please share the 10 digit alphanumeric order number that starts with NP.

member | 12:55 PM

okay

member | 12:56 PM

this is what i have for the delux: NP280126219

Hardeep S | 12:57 PM

No please the other one you will get after upgrading the Norton 360 Deluxe.

okay...

NP280126497

Hardeep S | 12:59 PM

Thank you for the information.

member | 12:59 PM

how do we extend it to the 2yrs?

Hardeep S | 1:02 PM

Now can now disconnect the chat from here and now you will click on the link https://norton.com/chat fill in the form again and then will now get connected with support again.This time they will definitely help you with get connect easily.

Hardeep S | 1:02 PM

They will just add the number of days and it will get the NOrton deluxe for 2 years.

member | 1:03 PM

oh... i don't understand why we just did the last step again?

Hardeep S | 1:03 PM

extened for you.

member | 1:04 PM

oh... thank you.. i thought i was already upgraded to 360 Deluxe...

member | 1:04 PM

and then we repested the upgrade?

Hardeep S | 1:04 PM

You have already upgraded the Norton 360 deluxe and then they will provide you with the refund of the amount.

i'm confused

member | 1:05 PM

what have i currently got now?

do i have 2yrs now?

Hardeep S | 1:05 PM

i don't have anything that tells me i have it for 2 yrs

Hardeep S | 1:06 PM

However it has already been upgraded. and they will send you the confirmation after you click on the link and get connected.

member | 1:08 PM

i'm so confused

member | 1:08 PM

please can you explain step by step what has happened, and what needs to happen now

Hardeep S | 1:10 PM

You have already been upgraded and you will need to disconnect in case of any problem get connected with Norton support.

member | 1:11 PM

i don't understand what you have just said

member | 1:11 PM

please provide step by step

Hardeep S | 1:12 PM

The order number is the confirmation that you have already been upgraded and you will receive the confirmation email in a few hours.

Hardeep S | 1:13 PM

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

member | 1:13 PM

so my understanding is that i have ben upgraded to deluxe

but

member | 1:14 PM

i don't yet think i have been extended to 2 yrs

Hardeep S | 1:14 PM

I asure you that you have been sucessfully upgraded to deluxe for 2 years.

Hardeep S | 1:16 PM

I would like to help you with this issue, however we seem to be having technical difficulties. I am not seeing any responses from you. Please respond if you are still there and require assistance.

member | 1:17 PM

i'm here

Hardeep S | 1:17 PM

member, I am still connected to you over chat. If you do not have any other questions, you are welcome to end this chat session.

member | 1:18 PM

I need to know that it has been extended for 2 yrs..

member | 1:18 PM

you siad something about a refund which is onfusing me

member | 1:18 PM

please can you spell out step by step what needs to happen next

member | 1:19 PM

for example:

member | 1:20 PM

1. wait for 2 hrs to receive confirmation that you have the 2yrs

Hardeep S | 1:21 PM

I would like to inform you that the i apologize i was confused between this and the last chat.

2. follow the link to download the protection onto each of your devices

okay no worries

member | 1:21 PM

please spell out what i need to do now

member | 1:21 PM

when do i start downloadin etc..

Hardeep S | 1:22 PM

it says it expires 1 5 2023

member | 1:24 PM

thats just 1 yr not 2

Hardeep S | 1:25 PM

I reuqest you to kindly wait for the next conifrmation email.

member | 1:25 PM

Hardeep, what is the case no. for this interaction?

Hardeep S | 1:28 PM

I would reqeust to klindly dsiconnect the chat and click on the link please https://norton.com/chat

member | 1:28 PM

i have recieved an email

but it isn't a 2 yrs confirmation

member | 1:28 PM

it says i have cancelled my renewal

which i have not

Hardeep S | 1:29 PM

You wont be able to get connected with them I request you to kindly use some other device(Phone or PC) this time.

Hardeep S | 1:29 PM

I apologize for the hassle. However I would like to inform you that you are connected to the Norton sales team we only help customers to make a purchase for a product or subscription. I assure you that the Norton Support executives will be able to definitely help you in providing the solution for your issue. Please connect with support executives on https://norton.com/chat

member | 1:29 PM

i am in the middle of a purchase

and a subscription

member | 1:30 PM

please stay and see this purchase through

Hardeep S | 1:31 PM

I apologize however I wont be able to help you because the link does not work unless the chat with sales team is disconnected.

member | 1:31 PM

at 1259 (uk time) i followed the link you told me to.

member | 1:31 PM

the link will work on my other device whilst i continue to seek your help here

Hardeep S | 1:33 PM

You can get better help from the support link I apologize however I don't have nay tools they will help you with the necessary tools they have.WE only help with purchase and assurance.

member | 1:33 PM

this is a ourchase help requet

member | 1:33 PM

*purchase

Hardeep S | 1:34 PM

Yes we help with purcahse however the support team handles the renewals.

member | 1:35 PM

I need your help to check what we did we the link at 1259

Hardeep S | 1:35 PM

i would request you to please trust me on this and get connected with them after disconnecting the chat.

member | 1:35 PM

becuase afeter i followed the link you sent , i recived an email saying i had cancelled my subscription

Hardeep S | 1:36 PM

No they weill help you with all the issues.

Hardeep S | 1:37 PM

i apologize however i wont be able to.

Hardeep S has ended the chat 1:37 PM

Live Chat by eGain

More Norton complaints & reviews

Norton - fraud and scam
Norton - unauthorized payment
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Norton - credit card being charged after I cancelled the renewal
Norton - norton finance - like net66 - just can't keep a promise.
Norton - unauthorised payment taken by norton
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Norton - security software has been removed and you have removed fees from my bank
Norton - unauthorised payments
1 comments
J
May 23, 2022 2:40 am EDT

I had the basic most inexpensive Norton antivirus product they sold last year. However I had to change computer towers which caused me to have to remember the name used for Dell. I chose the wrong name. Just before the old tower died I had had Norton do a cloud storage. Now I have two names and both are in cloud storage, therefore there is now duplication which ate up my cloud capacity. So I phoned Norton and allowed remote fixing of the duplication. AND, the nice man gave me a free upgrade which has a much greater cloud capacity. Now it it nearing time for renewal. I am getting to the point of the problem. The duplication problem really didn't get fixed. I can delete excess stuff, but whenever I do another cloud backup the duplications come back like a killed horror movie actor. I am now willing to just get the darned stuff sort it out if only I could renew at the original basic most cheapest less that $20 bucks/ year, not at the inflated price of the free upgrade (which is over $100/year. But the chat online via typing with a darned robot doesn't even work. It won't even start despite the fact I temporarily enabled cookies. Now I cannot even find a phone number for customer service. It seems it is renew at their prefixed price (I only have one computer) for services and coverage I do not want or need or the highway.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

379 complaints