Having problems with Norton?

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

Complaints & Reviews

Norton — rob manager from lismore nsw store

Hello. Last month I purchased a laptop from your store in Lismore. After two hours of using it it wa...

Lismore

Norton — norton auto renew

Norton I have been with Norton for about 24 years (1994 Norton Utilities) and I have never had a problem...

Norton — my norton full system

I have been a customerfor many of years and at the age of 71, i was flabergasted to see what happened to me...

Norton norton antivirus debit

My name is Kenichiro Thomson and I bought a Norton anti-virus package a few years ago.

I was under the impression I had cancelled the direct debit however I seem to have been charged £84.99 in my account ending in 826.

I would like to have this refunded as I haven't used your Norton product and believed I had cancelled my subscription. Could you please make sure this does nt happen in the future again please.

If you need any more Information please e-mail me at [protected]@gmail.com

Many Thanks,
Ken Thomson

• Norton's response · Jul 10, 2018

Sorry about the trouble. We were not able to locate any product details under the email address that you have provided. Also, we do not recommend you to post any of your personally identifiable details on any public posts. We suggest that you contact our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We can collect more details and help you get the refund.

Norton Support

Norton norton antivirus protection - windows vista

Received email from Norton support with the following title: "Norton support for Windows XP & Vista will be changing". At the bottom of the email explanation it provided the option to cancel the subscription ("We understand that you may have questions about this decision or that you may wish to cancel your Norton subscription.")

Your message offers an option to cancel service due to a change in service level. However, when I contacted customer service all they could do is remove the automatic renewal with no refund for the remaining 6 month subscription as this notification occurred 60 days after renewal. While I understand that customer service is following Norton policy, and did offer transfers of a subscription, the fact that Norton changed service levels, offered a cancellation option, but did not honor it is the reason I chose not to continue with Norton (after more than 10 years of satisfied service). Sorry this happened and thought you should know why .

Mark Foster
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    919.696.4208

• Norton's response · Jun 27, 2018

Sorry about the trouble you had with getting the refund. Please contact our support over Twitter @NortonSupport, we can look in to this further for you.

Norton — customer service

Rang today for VPN support. I was asked numerous personal questions by your service person such as my addre...

Punchbowl

Norton — uploading of norton security deluxe subscription

Purchased norton security deluxe subscription card 26 may 18 as my subscription was to run out on 28 may 18...

Norton — norton security premium

I had $164.99 taken from my bank account without my Authorisation for payment of the abovenamed product. Thi...

Sydney

Norton fraudulent email

Dear sir, I received an email which asked for money on your behalf for something I have never had, I was not happy on receiving this email they did give a reference Norto 221794 which I have given to you.
      The only thing I ever get from norton is computer security and have always paid for this on the same day
      I renewed it, I was not pleased about this matter and would take it to the police fraud department.
      At the moment I don't feel like renewing with norton again, unless you can resolve this matter and I would like to know how they got my email address.
      Regards

• Norton's response · Jun 08, 2018

Sorry about the trouble. We would like to collect more information and investigate on this. Please contact our support at www.norton.com/contactcs.

• Norton's response · Jun 27, 2018

Sorry, this seems to be a third party. We do not have any relation with this third party. All our products are pre-paid. I suggest that you contact your bank and discuss about this further.

• Al
          alanb1 Jun 12, 2018

Received exactly the same email even quoting the same ac no and a contact no for a Mr Robert Jackson Debt Dispute Manager for geniusservicecentre.com [protected]

• Al
          Alice Goldsmith Jun 19, 2018

I've had one of these emails also. asking me for money and giving me a supposed account number and amount they're saying I owe. Different phone number than above though. Norton need to sort it out asap. It's clearly some kind of scam.

• Ba
          BarneyElf Jun 22, 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,
          I have, today, received the following email from [protected]@geniusservicecentre.com demanding over £400 for software I never purchased... They say my account is overdue since 22nd Feb 2015 … If it was over due then why only contact me now...
          I have never bought any Norton software at anytime … or downloaded paid software... I am not a business, so I wouldn't need £400 worth of software... I am a 68 year old retired pensioner...

Your assistance in this matter would be much appreciated... EMAIL attached:...

"[protected]@geniusservicecentre.com
          To:
          brian.[protected]@yahoo.co.uk

‎22‎ ‎Jun at ‎12‎:‎38

Dear Customer,

Account Number :- NORTO-221794

Your account balance of £495 was overdue as of 22 Feb 2015.

Our client informed you several times for software package payment but you denied. This matter we have to escalate to the small claim court with further court notice. If there is a reason why these payments have been withheld we would be obliged if you could contact us in order to either explain the reason or come to some form of payment arrangement.

If we do not hear from you within the next seven days we will have no alternative than to commence with further debt collection procedures. If you do not clear your outstanding you will be continuously charged on monthly basis because you have never cancelled the services so far.
          You can always contact us and we will look into it mutually. Or the matter will be resolved in the court which will take a long time and till then your account will be levied heavily with fine. Kindly ignore this email if you wish to resolve this matter in small claim court.

Yours sincerely

Debt Collection Services
          Debt Dispute Manager
          Mr. Robert Jackson
          [protected]"

Norton norton antivirus

$219 withdrawn from my account by Norton, I contacted Norton, they told me, it was automatic renewal and I cannot get refund because it past 60 days, I told them it is overcharge and it should be $119 not $219. They told me they will extend the renewals for two years instead of one year. I agreed but I didn't have access for pc for them to proceed so they told me to call back. I called today they told me, they wouldn't extend the renewal and they wouldn't give me refund

• Norton's response · May 21, 2018

That's odd! Could you please contact our Twitter support @NortonSupport, we can collect more details and help.

Norton unauthorised payments

Have not had a norton subscription for over 2 years. All of a sudden had a random debit from my account for £84.99. Phoned bank and claimed it as fraud. 2 days later my parents visited and bought with them a norton renewal card that had been delivered to their address. I have not lived at this address for over 10 years, when i logged into my old norton account the address that was on their site was my previous address (still not my parents address). i also had not had any products for the amount deducted and nothing was active on this account. I contacted norton to see what the hell was going on.

They really did not seem to understand what i was saying. The account that they had debited me for was one i had now used for over 10 years, had no access to and could not even remember what email address i may have been using at this time. Laughably they claimed unless i provided the email address (that i did not know) that i used, they could not find my account. How they have no ability to search my name or address completely baffles me.

By this time the chat representative was getting rather short and aggressive. Eventually they told me the order number will be on the debit on my bank statement. i checked this and provided the information, to be told this is not a valid order number. At this time i really did feel like i was banging my head against a wall. After a little more arguing back and forth they threw some email addresses at me and asked if they could be mine. i told them to check if any of them had been debited recently for the amount. By now the chat representative was getting really arsey. Eventually they agreed to refund me (bonus considering my bank already had), then came the real kicker. They provided me with my card details that they would be refunding the money to. This card was relatively new. i demand to know how they obtained this information as i did not supply it to them. I was informed i must have. When i again explained, no i did not and seeing i could not even access this old norton account, it was pretty impossible for me to do so.

The chat representative literally started arguing me at this point. I then asked how do i make a complaint. Information on this would not be given. In the end i got fed up of wasting my time with this shambles of an organisation and demanded all my accounts be shut down and my details wiped and ended the conversation.

Would recommend avoiding Norton at any cost.

• Norton's response · May 15, 2018

Sorry about the trouble you had with our support. As this is a public platform, we do not have option to collect your information to look in to this further. Please get in touch with our Twitter support at: @NortonSupport. We can collect more information and help.

Norton overcharged norton antivirus

Hi, I bought Norton anti virus 3 years ago for three years, Afew days go I find out it was renewed and money withdrawn from my account without my permission, $219.99 was withdrawn and renewed for one year which is over charge, I contact Oline customers service 1/05/2018 around 4.30 pm Australian time, the customer services team member offered to extend the subscriptions for three years, he asked my information and told me he will do it now, he told me to access my Norton account, he gave me Instructions, I followed to extend the subscription, he access my laptop without my permission, he asked me to open my email and I opened my email, then he told me my laptop has virus I need to pay $300 and I will be refund the money I paid. I refused and asked for refund, he told me I can't get refund. I asked for email address to write complaint, he end the call.
            I knew he has access my laptop when he read the things in my home screen.

• Norton's response · May 01, 2018

Sorry about the trouble. This seems like a scam attempt. There are many third party support providers who claims that they are from Norton and try to sell their services. I suggest that you contact our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We can certainly make the necessary changes to your subscription and help.

Norton Support

Norton unauthorised credit card transactions, complaints team rudeness & unethical behaviour

I was told to phone Norton to query a charge which I hadn't authorised. I installed Norton over a year ago on a computer that broke down within a month. I had no need of this product since then. When I phoned the 1st male hang up on me abruptly so I called again & the same thing happened. So my husband phoned they stayed on the phone longer this time but tried to gain remote access to my device so they could install their product which is not wanted or needed. I am disgusted at the way I've been treated & I hope this behaviour stops because it is no way to do business.

• Norton's response · May 01, 2018

Really sorry about the trouble. I suspect that you might have contacted a third party support. Please get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We can certainly help you cancel the charge.

• Di
                  Diane Jones1 May 23, 2018

Lets hope they cancel the charge, I never subscribe, always just buy a disk every year or a download key, prevents all this subscription nonsense!

Norton — norton 360

I am asking you to stop this product. I already asked you to stop: norton internet security. And you...

Norton — norton security deluxe

I have tried downloading your security system ( Order No.: N252914540 ) £29.99. So many times now and it will...

Pembroke

Norton — unexpected bill

05 Mar Norton *Ap1250965007 [protected] GBR on 03 Mar 79.99 I received the above bill on my credit card...

Norton — norton antivirus update does not allow me to connect to my cisco vpn.

I have had to go back one version of Norton to get my VPN (Cisco any connect) to work. Spent a great deal of...

Norton Symantec — a2a payment

3/19/18 Debit 6516187 *AP1252553758 Mountain View CA [protected].28.02 $84.99 was taken from my account but...

Norton — renewal

I am very dissatisfied with the lack of customer service I have received trying to redeem a $25 amazon...

Norton — credit card charges

Today I find out that I have paid for years a Norton subscription, that was in automatic renewal. The email...