Norton 360scam

D

Purchased the product from a computer store and when I installed it, it automatically deleted a bunch of programs on my computer. During the process it told me I needed to delete the current anti-virus installed so I did. Now I have no protection and it can't install the Norton software either. I called the tech help line (who barley spoke English) and they downloaded a spy ware search tool that found over 700 problems on the computer? I was a bit skeptical but when they then told me not to worry because their senior technicians could help me out for only $300 now I knew I was in trouble. After 20 minutes of arguing with the technician (apparently not a SENIOR Technician) that there information said it came with free support, (limited I guess to technicians who don't know how to fix things) and that all I wanted them to do was get my computer back to the status that it was in before I loaded their product, I was told they could not help me. The product even blocked me from being able to go back into the administrative files section of the control panel to try to set it back to a previous status. I am pretty sure I can fix it all back with lots of hours spent reloading things but I sure wanted to sent out a BUYER BEWARE notice. This product is NOT what they say it is. If you have a perfectly clean computer brand new maybe it works? Also, I went to the Microsoft web site and downloaded a spy ware, virus detection program with found a total of 7 issues, mostly ad-ware, no virus. I am having a hard time believing that the product Norton downloaded and found over 700 issues is that much better than the Microsoft product. I would steer clear of Norton 360 anti virus software and warn all my friends about it too.