Newspaper ArchivesLousy customer service

I subscribed to Newspaperarchives.com last year because I'm employed as a military historian and I hoped that it would allow me to search for particular historic events in various newspapers. At least that's what they CLAIMED they would allow me to do.

I have had more difficulty than not in logging onto their site...most of the time the things I search for are NOT found, and here lately - for the past week or so - I try to log in and I get an error message that says their site is "corrupted" and they can't display anything and they can't give us a time when the site will be fixed. Meanwhile, we're STILL charged our fee to subscribe to their site and there is NO WAY to get a refund.

Emails and attempts to contact their customer service site have been fruitless...they never bother to respond.

• Ba
    barbsnow Dec 12, 2012

I too have had difficulty with the service at newspaperarchive.com. The only contact they seem to want with customers is to debit the subscription fee from a bank account. Over the years I've had several problems with the site, including it being unusable for months at a time, but never a response to a query. I tried calling them once (a few years ago) and no one ever answered. Messages went unreturned. Just the other day I sent them an email about a viewing problem, but no response. It is especially frustrating because it is such a GOOD database of newspapers... I love the content. Now I would love to be able to consistently find and read the content.