Hearst Communications Logo

Hearst Communications

Having problems with Hearst Communications?

Hearst Communications Customer Service Contacts

300 West 57th Street, 18th Fl.
New York, New York
United States - 10019-3741

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hearst Communications Customer Service. Initial Hearst Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hearst Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hearst Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Hearst Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hearst Communications Complaints & Reviews

Hearst Communicationsrecurring automated charges

I thought i ordered a onetime subscription.Then after 9 months i see a 24.97 charge on my bank statement for an auto renewal to one mag.I had to go around theWorld to cancel Magazine-fill out paperwork with bank-call every number associated with Hurst.took 3 weeks to post back in my bank. put a block on House Beautiful.Well yesterday they took out 24.97 X 2-double charge for Veranda auto renew-even though I was under the understanding we cancelled all Hurst subscriptions.Obviously not gifts and bundles.3 more hours of my life wasted on the phone i ll never get back...I will NEVER NEVER again buy a Mag subscription-especially one associated with Hurst pub.

Jun 25, 2019

Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. — hgtv magazine subscription shows up again in former name

I already have a subscription and it began arriving in my alias. I don't know how it was sent to me...

Hearst Communicationsoprah magazine [protected]

I purchased a computer at Overstock.com about 2-3 years ago. After making the online payment, I got what turned out to be a Publisher's Clearinghouse invitation. It said that given my large ($2, 000), I would get a free subscription to Oprah Mag. Well, that turned into a major lie. I got a bill which I refused to pay.

Lo and behold, I just got a second invoice for another Oprah Magazine subscription that I never ordered. HCH no longer have my credit card, so now I'm getting a demand for payment invoice and a huge warning. I never ordered this second order.

I'm sick and tired of this nonsense. I never ordered this. Pls, stop contacting me demanding payment for something I canceled two years ago. I feel totally conned by you. I was advised to file a complaint to the attorney general of Illinois.

Hearst Communicationshgtv and food network magazines

I didn't subscribe to HGTV magazine or Food Network Magazine. I was surprised when I received an issue of each of these magazines.
      I did enter a couple of contests and used the enter without subscribing link. Either your software is broken or it's a scam.
      Also I was surprised I had an account with you when I tried unsubscribing. I don't think I created an account with you?
      I looked on the Better Business Bureau and saw your company has 500+ complaints.
      Debbie

May 18, 2019

Hearst Products — unsolicited magazines/fitness book

This company mailed an unsolicited book to me. I never placed an order for this book, nor did I give them my...

Apr 18, 2019

Hearst Communications — new haven register

Who would I speak with about someone helping me with an issue I am having as an employee of the New Haven...

Hearstmagazine subscription

I want to write and just say how disgusted I am with this company (elle decor is the actual subscription). My renewal card has a phone # to call and 'cancel at any time'. And apparently they want to sell me everything under the sun!! Hearing aids, cell phone service, cable service, addiction counseling oh and apparently i've won a cruise and a shopping card. Shame on them!!! After sitting on the phone waiting for an actual option to cancel, the phone # 'for my area' had changed and then that # only gave me an option to buy cable. I will never opt in for this subscription again. Beware that this company has their hands in so many pockets for revenue that phoning the company was actually not possible. I went online to cancel, which I prefer. But it wasn't too long ago that it wasn't possible to cancel subscriptions online and you had to phone in. But with only a phone number on the renewal postcard I just went that route. There really should be a way to order subscriptions and opt for no auto renew.

Hearst Communications — auto parts and bicycling magazine

My husband had now received two invoivces within one week of each other from the Hearst Communication...

Hearst Communications — unauthorized bill

I was tricked by entering a sweepstakes that said no purchase necessary and immediately got a bill for Good...

Hearst Communicationsfood network and good housekeeping magazines

I ordered these as gifts for my granddaughter and paid by credit card at the time of order. About three months later, I began receiving invoices through the mail. I used the customer feedback form to inform Hearst that I had paid for both. Rather than a human response, I began receiving the invoices through email as well as regular mail. Now they are threatening to cancel both subscriptions even though they are paid for. I have responded to each email but still get only the automated invoice or cutoff threat. Absolutely the worst customer service experience.

Hearst Communications — email rec's today

This is the 4th request I've rec'd requesting and my 4th response. I do not have my account number since I...

Irwin

Hearst Communicationsmagazine subscription I didn't agree to

Don't know my account number
            I entered a contest online that said no purchase needed but right away I got an email saying Magazine subscription...I immediately replied back saying I did not want it.
            Couple of weeks later I get a magazine in my mail box...same day I took it back to the postal station and sent it back to you with a note saying I did not want this and can not afford another bill.
            Again I am saying this to your...cancel the account stop billing me for something I didn't agree to and have sent you back what you sent me so no bill. If you send me more of them I will just send them back and take you to small claims court over the cost of mailing them back.
            Stop it now
            Kat

Janetok Nov 05, 2018

I have received a subscription notice that my payments were overdue when the subscription doesn't expire
                until 2019. How do I cancel my subscription? I signed up for 2 years when I made the first payment. Apparently they do not honor that 2 year subscription.

Hearst Corporation — telephone solicitation for magazine subscriptions / renewals

I keep receiving telephone calls from [protected] (Jasper, TX per caller ID), stating they represent Hearst...

Hearst — country living subscription

I did not order this magazine or any other for that matter, cancel all orders from my address. I believe that...

Avinger

Hearstmag.com — magazines

I received an email that said win $10, 000.00 to redecorate from elle decor. of course I would love have a...

Markham

Hearst TV — local channels have been removed from my direct tv lineup

Hearst television is preventing ksbw’s signal from reaching my home unless they receive a significant...

The Hearst Companymagazine subscription

I found an email for a world market holiday sweepstakes. Absolutely nothing about a magazine subscription on the email. I clicked 'enter now' and went to the form, which included the line "no purchase necessary to enter or win" which is par for the course with sweepstakes. Everything looked normal. I filled in the form, including my name and address, and at the part where it says "i would like to receive news and promotions from cost plus world market. " i made sure to mark no. Everything looked normal. I hit submit and then found out that i had, without warning, been signed up for a free trial of some bullcrap magazine, which would automatically continue for a fee. Apparently that's part of their 'continuous service program'.

Rodale Inc — a diary, a wrinkle removing tiny sample

i was checking my mail i don't remember there came some advertisement of HEALTH Magazine PREVENTION I clicked...

Hearst Magazines — online contest entry results if fraudulent magazine subscription

A very short while ago, I entered a contest for wining an oven based on an email I received. Within minutes I...

Hearstsubscription renewal

Tried to cancel my subscription at the end of the promotional period and Hearst stated in writing it was not possible as my bank had already paid the direct debit before my request was received. They advised that I would need to continue subscribing for another 6 months. I checked with my bank who immediately cancelled direct debit and confirmed no monies had been paid. I emailed Hearst again to check status of my subscription and again received written confirmation that my subscription would cease in another 6 months as renewal had been paid by my bank. As I did not receive the next Country Living magazine I emailed to ask where it was! Hearst advised that my subscription had terminated. I therefore emailed back asking why they mis-informed me twice that they had been paid by my bank and would therefore not cancel the subscription - only generic replies received none of which addressed my query. I can only infer from their lack of adequate response why they said they had already received my subscription fee and therefore I could not cancel!

• Wi
                    winterparkprof Jun 03, 2016

I just received a "Second Notice" for unsolicited subscription. I entered their sweepstakes but was very careful
                    to avoid signing up for subscriptions.

• Co
                    Colleen O'Rourke Demaine Wood Jun 03, 2016

I continue to get BILLED for my subscription that I have PAID for !!! As a matter of fact I just renewed my subscription...The checked has been cashed yet I continue to receive bills...PLEASE STOP !!!