Complaints & Reviews

Cook's Illustratedreview of cook's illustrated 2018 book

I have received the Coook's Illustrated, 2018 book, etc. I have reviewed it and want to return it but have been unable to connect with the company. I need information on how to return this. Date to return is 5/30/19, however I have had a death in the family and did not get to follow through with this before this time.

PLEASE contact me as soon as possible as to method of return. The person I initially dealt with indicated if I did not want it could be returned with no problem.
the Aero Order #: TK0001408620. I attempted to print a return label but was unsuccessful.

Joan Dennison, 77 Dennison Road, Hannibal, NY 13074
Phone number: [protected]. I look forward to hearing from you with a resolution in this matter.

Cook's Illustratedcuisinart processor

There is no email to reach them. I called, they said a supervisor would call because they could not find my original purchase. April 2017 I purchased a cuisinart food processor, it has stopped working. Cuisinart says that they are not one of the vendors and can't help me. Normally I would contact them again but with no email, next I go to the Better Business Bureau. I need it replaced or repaired, there is a 3 year warranty. I did register the product on [protected]

Gae Linfoot [protected]
    [protected]@gmail.com

Cook's Illustrated — magazine

About 18 months ago, I received a copy of the magazine for free, with an offer for a one year subscription at...

Cook's Illustratedcook’s illustrated magazine subscription

I had cancelled my magazine subscription on April 20, 2018 (and have email confirmation) before it expired in August 2018. But I was still charged $58.73 for another year's subscription on June 30, 2018. My account number is: [protected]. I would like to cancel my subscription and get a refund for $58.73 as I haven't gotten any of the new magazines yet. Let me know if you need any other information.

Angela Lengerich

Cook Illustrated Magazine — automatic renewal policy - can't opt out

I have tried to opt-out of Cook's Illustrated Automatic Renewal program. On the FAQ page on their website, it...

Cook's Illustratedweb membership

Date: 9/18/17

Resolution:

None desired. I don't want to hear from or speak to them. I will resolve myself. I will be calling my credit card company to permanently stop payment, I will be plastering this identical review on Yelp, BBB, Google Reviews, Facebook, and anywhere else I can find, and I will throw my back issues of Cook's Illustrated into the recycle bin today.

Review:

I signed up for web membership about a year ago. The material led me to believe that I would be able to access their online library of recipes. Guess what? They show me recipes from every service they offer, making it look like I can go to any of them, but when I try to click on one that is (apparently) not in the scope of my subscription, I get a crappy rude screen that tells me (1) I'm not authorized to view that recipe, and (2) I should subscribe to another piece of their service for another fee. Misleading click bait. -10 points for hostile UI design.

I shrugged my shoulders and tolerated that for a year. Then I got an auto renewal email, which was actually a nice courtesy. +5 points.

When I read the mail, I discovered that I can cancel a magazine sub online, even though I subscribed on paper, with a postcard. And I have to cancel my Web subscription offline, by calling a phone number. What?!? -10 points for irrationality.

So I called the number, and a voice told me "Congratulations! You've been chosen to take a three question survey!" No option given to skip the survey. -10 points for invasive, rude voice mail interactions.

Survey voice started asking me personal questions, and thankfully they did add an option to skip a question by pressing #. So I skipped three times, and to my surprise, what happened? They asked me a fourth question, meaning they flat out lied to me. -20 points for dishonesty.

I skipped and skipped and skipped - finally when they reached 14 questions (I am not exaggerating!) I hung up. I tried again three times. Same result. -50 points for their contempt for customers, and their blatantly transparent and unethical attempts to discourage customers from unsubscribing.

To top it all off, while some of their recipes were excellent, most were pretty much of average quality. My wife can cook better versions of the latter.

Total score: A well deserved -99 points on a scale of -100 to 100. Mini-kudos of 1 point for at least sending a warning mail before auto-renewing me.

Cook's Illustrated — cook's illustrated misleading automatic renewals practice

I subscribed and was forced to sign up for automatic renewal. I got a letter in August saying it would be...

Cook's Illustrated — Deceptive subscription renewal email

I just received a “Special Thanks For Preferred Subscribers” email from Cooks Illustrated regarding my...

Cook's Illustrated — Unauthorized Billing

5/24/2016 I received a "3rd Invoice - Past Due" letter in the mail. The main portion of the letter...

Harlan

Cook's Illustrated — online website subscription

Terrible or non-existent customer service. When notified of impending subscription renewal, there is no way...

Cook's IllustratedGift subscription

A few weeks ago I ordered and paid for a subscription to the print version of Cook's Illustrated to my son in law. I received a confirmation with his address but no confirmation or reference number. Neither of us received a confirmation email. My payment was immediately processed on my Visa acct. two weeks ago. Today both he and I called their 1-800 number but after hours on the phone they found no record of our names, contact emails, or delivery address. They requested I fax my visa statement with proof of payment. From my perspective this is their problem and so far I am not impressed with their customer service or their online subscription process. I await a satisfactory resolution of this complaint.

Cook's IllustratedMagazine Test Kitchen

Cook's Illustrated sent me a magazine today May 18th with an invoice for $24.95. I didn't order the magazine nor did I ever request for the magazine. I went onto their website, searching for e-mail to contact them. There is no way of contacting the company. I've decided to place a complaint through BBB incase they try to make a claim that I refused to pay them.

Cooks Illustrated — unauthorized billing

I was a former Cooks Illustrated subscriber for one year and then cancelled my subscription about a year ago...

Cook’s Illustrated — Avoid like the plague

In 2008 I ordered a Christmas gift of the 2008 Cook’s illustrated book. I marked that it was a gift and...

Cook's IllustratedDid not deliver

I bought a book which was supposed to come with 4 DVDs of America's Test Kitchen TV shows. The book arrived but not the DVDs.
              Numerous Emails to their customer service dept were sometimes answered, but mostly not. Still, two months after the original order, no DVDs and no answer from them as to when or if they'll arrive.

• Ex
                  ExtremelyDisappointed Feb 17, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me. I ordered them on December 6th, 2010. I called December 19th and they said the shipped on December 17th. I never received them so I called in January and they told me to wait 1 more week. They never came so I called again (these people don't answer emails, you have to call) and the girl said they were reordered and they will be here in 3 weeks. It has been beyond 3 weeks so I called this morning and they said they are on back order until April. The supervisor I spoke to said that the DVDs were considered a free gift when ordering the cookbook but that is crap. It was never advertised that way. She said that I should get them by the end of April. I told her I would be calling her May 1st since I am pretty sure they won't show up. She also said people are waiting even from October of last year. Why don't they annouce that on the website? I wouldn't have ordered them then.

The supervisor said that the person i spoke with on the 17th of January should have known they were back ordered until April. She never said that to me that day at all. This supervisor is going to pull that call. This has been a TERRIBLE experience. I am not ordering anything from them again.

Oh, and I asked for them to be overnighted (once they get some in) but apparently that is not an option. Cook's Illustrated, you suck at Customer Service. It is ridiculous to wait this long on an item.

• Ol
                  OldCook38 Feb 17, 2011

I finally got my 4 DVDs in February by going to the MA Better Business Bureau. This got results.
                  The parent company is Boston Common Press, 17 STATION STREET, BROOKLINE, MA 02147 USA
                  Give it a try.

Cook's Illustrated — Unauthorized billing

In 2008 I ordered a Christmas gift of the 2008 Cook's Illustrated book. I marked that it was a gift and...

Cook's Illustrated — False Advertising/Additional Charges

I have gotten a friend a subscription to Cook's Illustrated for several years. This year, I got an email...

Cook's Illustrated — Fraudulent charges

I accepted an offer for a free issue of Cook's Illustrated magazine, but I did not order a subscription...