NetSpendhold on account

I received my netspend card and my federal tax refund was on there. We used the card 2 times and there was a block put on the account and they want us to fax our ID, SS card, and something with our name and address on it before they remove the block. I have faxed this over 20 times and they are still saying they didnt receive it. I am very disappointed and irritated with the it has been over a week and there is still a block and if they didnt get the paper someone else did, therefore someone else has my ID and SS card! I have tried and tried and they cant do anything without these, whenI put all this info on my tax return, get it from them.

RESOLVED

• NetSpend's response · Feb 25, 2013

We apologize for the block placed on your account. Security is very important to us and we can assure you that this was added for your protection.

Please send your information to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you with this.

NetSpend

• NetSpend's response · Feb 27, 2015

We hate to hear that you feel this way about us. We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you in anyway we can. Please send your information to [email protected] and we will make sure this is addressed.

NetSpend

• Ki
    kiarakp Feb 11, 2015

I AM DOING A PETITION TO GET NETSPEND TAKEN OFF THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND SHOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS SO MANY PEOPLE INCLUDING MYSELF NEVER GOT THERE BLOCK OFF. EMAIL ME [email protected] I ALSO PLAN ON SUING THEM ANYONE WHO HAVE BEEN WRONGFULLY DONE BY NETSPEND EMAIL ME.

• Je
    Jeffrey A. Mar 22, 2013

My girlfriend filed her 2013 Federal tax return using Turbo Tax but didn't have a checking or savings account, so she had the refund put on a Netspend prepaid debit card. She used the card 2 or 3 times the day she received the card. A few days later she checked her card, and it was blocked. When she contacted Netspend, she talked to 3 different CSRs(of which none could speak fluent English) that told her the block was for her security. She was then told that she needed to send identification information to prove her identity: copies of her SS card, Driver's License, and a utility bill). When she told me this, I automatically became suspicious. If it's a Federal tax refund, the IRS has already verified her identity and approved the refund. If you're thinking of using a Netspend prepaid debit card, DO NOT DO IT!!! It's a legitimate card. The problem is they have poor card/account security. They allow cyber-thieves to access people's accounts, change their security information, block your access to your account/money, then make it seem like it's your fault your money was stolen. I've been searching for what she can do or who to contact to get her money back, but I haven't found that information as of this post.

• Ne
    netspend problem Mar 15, 2013

what can you do if u send all that because its been 3 weeks can you go to the irs

• Br
    BRNQWN Feb 27, 2013

I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT NETSPEND IS PLACING HOLDS ON ACCOUNTS. IF IRS DEPOSITS FUNDS TO THESE ACCOUNTS ITS BECAUSE THEY ALREADY DID THEIR RESEARCH IN ORDER TO ISSUE REFUNDS. NETSPEND SHOULD NOT TAKE IT IN THEIR HANDS TO HOLD ANY IRS FUNDS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. GIVE THESE PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO SPEND THEIR HARD EARNED REFUND AS THEY SEE FIT.

BRNQWN IN