NET 10lost minutes I paid for

D

I ordered 2 phones on-line, paid for them to be overnighted. We get the phones and there are no SIM cards. We call Net 10 amd are told that it would take 3-7 days for us to get the SIM cards. A waste of the 10.00 that I paid to have the phones overnighted. Next I get one phone activated and that took 2 days of constant phone calls. Then I went to activate the 2nd phone today (7-31-08), first because the phone number that I was transferring to the second phone had 1091.5 minutes I am told they can only transfer 600 of those minutes plus the 300 minutes I got with the new phone, and I am told that in order to get the remaining 491.5 minutes that was on the original phone I would have to call back in two weeks. Ok, fine I try to make a phone call from the new phone and can't so I call Net 10 back and am told that the phone is broke and they will have to send me a new phone. Another 3-7 days in the meantime my boyfriend now does not have a phone at all because the minutes were transferred to the new phone. We got these phones for emergencies and if he has an emergency now he can not get a hold of me. We get the new phone and call to have it activated and still they do not want to give me all of my minutes. They say their legal department has to verify the rest of the minutes but I received and email from Tracfone verifying the minutes, which i will paste at the end of this complaint, but their customer service still will not give me my minutes. Here is the email they sent me.

Dear Donna,

Thank you for your interest in NET10 Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.

As per our conversation held on 08/02/2008, we have established that due to a system error the 1091.5 minutes that your old phone had serial number ending in 6347, were not transferred to your new phone serial number ending in 2532. An interaction ([protected]) has been created for this issue, please once you receive the replacement phone contact our customer care center, so we can add the minutes to your new phone.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at [protected]. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Saturday from 8:00 AM to 9:45 PM EST, and on Sunday from 8:00 AM to 6:45 PM EST.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue. Thank you for being a NET10 Wireless customer. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
NET10 Wireless.

• Ri
    richard Oct 17, 2008

I lost my international access, my phone cannot call the # [protected] anymore.Any other 800 # goes through with no trouble, Iv called net 10, and no one knows how to fix the problem.

Matthew55904 May 01, 2009

This doesnt at all sound like NET10 i have to get a new phone due to a faulty phone that i have 56.00 minutes on and service set to end July 2010 i got the new phone and online activated it they have me 60 minutes when my phone only had 56.00 plus the 300 minutes and 60 days of service on top of the service days i had already so i have 575 service days left and 360minutes then adding it to the minute plan as my old phone is i got an addition 150 minutes and an addition 30 days of service i was told up to 3 days to transfer i activated the phone at 10am go tminutes and servie along with my number transfered instantly and by 2:30pm that SAME day my phone was fully running i have never had a problem with NET10 Customer service other than tryin to understand them

Matthew55904 May 01, 2009

Richard, To fix this problem re-enroll you phone in the Free international plan

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices