Straight Talk Wireless Logo

Straight Talk Wireless

Having problems with Straight Talk Wireless?

Straight Talk Wireless reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 30, 2009. The latest review An agent named Jerry was extremely rude and condescending was posted on Apr 3, 2021. The latest complaint Double billed, terrible customer service was resolved on Sep 25, 2018. Straight Talk Wireless has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 404 reviews. Straight Talk Wireless has resolved 124 complaints.

Straight Talk Wireless Customer Service Contacts

Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Straight Talk Wireless Complaints & Reviews

Straight Talk WirelessAn agent named Jerry was extremely rude and condescending

An agent named Jerry was extremely rude and condescending to me. The chat initiated from my number of [protected]. I have taken screenshots of the conversation. I want to resolve this issue so other customers are not treated as I was. I have never in my life been talked down to and so rudely by a customer service representative before talking with Jerry. This happened on April 3, 2021 around 8 pm Mountain time. I understand that policy prohibited meeting my initial request but that did not excuse the rudeness and condescension with which I was met. I asked to talk to a supervisor who politely explained the issue with meeting My request, Antonio, but when I reiterated my desire to formally complain about the previous agent he said there was no department for this.

Straight Talk WirelessCustomer Service and phone

My phone lost service on March 24, 2021 and I contacted customer service, They had me go thru their procedures a number of times to no avail. I then was told that I had to wait for 30 min while they rest the sim card. It was late by this time so contacted them again the next day. I had to go thru their procedures again ( they did not pit in any notes) several times. After a couple of hours they told me they would give a call back in 1 hour, that did not happen I ended up contacting the again. As I tried to explain the procedures I already went thru several times the agent insisted we do it again several more times. They then said it was a sim card and they would send one out. After receiving it I contacted them again to activate the sim to no avail. Same problem, Having to go thru the same procedure several more times. They finally gave me tech support Same procedures again they do not put notes in or talk to each other. I askede to talk to a supervisor who has no clue, as she told me tech could only do so little before they move it up. Another ticket and call back ( this is day 5 now ) and they wanted to go thru same procedure again. I stopped him and explain that they was suppose toi rest the sim card and network manually over the last 24 hours which according to this agent had nothing to do with my issue, that it was a phone problem. I then asked him to send a replacement phone. He informed me I would have to return the old phone prior to them sending a replacement. This COMPANY HAS NO TECH SUPPORT PEOPLE THAT HAVE ANY CLUE AS TO WHAT THEY ARE DOING THIS INCLUDES THIER SUPERVISORS.
    iAM GOING TO BE WITHOUT PHONE SERVICE FOR ANOTHER WEEK DUE TO THEIR IGNORANCE (STUPIDITY).
    I have been assured my account would be credited for the days of no service (if they put it in their notes a BIG LOL).

Straight Talk WirelessFailure to Communicate with a NEW broken phone!!!

Hello Sir or Maam
      I am very upset with the service I have gotten over the last week. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy A51 several months ago. On Tuesday evening March 16, 2021 it would not power on. I attempted to charge it Tuesday night. On Wednesday it still would not come on. I took it to Walmart. I was instructed to call Straight Talk. I spoke with an agent. He went through the steps and it still would not power on. He then told me another phone would be mailed to me and I would have to send the old to Straight Talk. I never understood him to say I had to send to old one back before the new one would arrive. I waited, waited, and waited. I called again on Wednesday March 24. I was told the phone is scheduled to arrive on the 25th. On the 25th no phone. I called on the 26th and I was FINALLY told I need to send the old phone back before I could receive the new one. By now I am horrified due to poor communication. I have been with straight talk for many, many years.

Straight Talk WirelessDouble Charges on Account for 6 months of service

Straight Talk has double charged my account every month for the 6 (October 2020-March 2021) consecutive months that I have had their service. Each month I am charged 10 days before the end of the month and then my autopay is charged on the last day of the month. I originally switched to straight talk since I wanted convenience and service without the hassle and charges of other wireless companies.
        So far my experience has been poor and the only refunds I have received has been from my credit card company. Straight Talk fails to resolve the issue, and when I call they say they do not see a double charge. I even went as far as to get a new credit card thinking there was fraud activity, but this occurred again after getting the new credit card.

Resolution for this issue would only be acceptable through stopping double charges and refunding customers their money that is due.

Straight Talk WirelessCustomer service

Your customer service is crap!! All these foreign don't know [censored] about your plans and phones!! Braindead don't know how the switch numbers from phones and program them to work!! Thoroughly disappointment in your service if this continues I will drop your service all together!!! You need to re-train them to speak English and not answer phones dog is barking in the background or kids crying or spouse bugging them while trying to work!! Also more knowledge of how your phone system works!! This does get a zero from me for poor phone customer service!!

Straight Talk WirelessOrder shipment / Customer Service

Order # [protected]
            phone # [protected]
            22 Sunrise Ln, Eustis FL 32726

I recently tried purchasing a phone from your website Straight talk wireless. I ordered the phone late Thursday night 10:15pm with the thought in mind it would give 17 hours or so to be shipped. I added the 1-2 days rush shipping so i could receive my phone this weekend. if my math is correct it should have been here yesterday or today. I checked my email multiple times to find it never shipped from your facility. today 2/21/2021 now days away from my original purchase date it still hasn't been shipped. I had to borrow a phone to call and talk for an hour with a customer service associate that repeatedly asked me the same questions i had just answered in your chat box. after waiting for a final word from some higher up i was told my order has not been shipped, i can not cancel my order, and would have to wait for it to be shipped from your facility, wait for fedex to ship it to me to refuse the package. As a customer that has used your services for many years, purchasing multiple phones each year, buying a higher than minimum service plan each month you have really failed me on this one. Your slow shipping and sloppy service has made this phone purchase one of the worst experiences I've had with you to date. I feel as a customer i have dotted every I and crossed every T just to find out your end has been slow to ship the phone. A phone is a crucial part of work in the production industry, almost as critical as speedy service. The kicker for me, the thing that really burns me up about this process is the fact that the phone had ample time to be shipped Friday. Since your shipping department couldn't get the phone out on time I called and tried to cancel the shipment that may i remind you hasn't left your facility yet, and was refused. I was told the only way at this point to cancel the order that again is still in your facility, is to take a day off work to catch the delivery guy to deny the package so i can wait another week to be refunded the money. Here is where your loosing out, If i got that money refunded today i would have gone out and purchased the next generation that costs more creating more profit for you. Because you have been unwilling to help me you loose that extra $120.00 for the next available generation but you may also loose a long time customer when this is said and done. Your services has created me unneeded frustration, a lack of communication with friends, family, and employees, as well as money removed from my account without a product to show for it.

Straight Talk WirelessPhone, service

Hi, how r u? Even if nothing is done I want 2 call this company out for what they r. My phone was stolen and I called straight talk customer service and a lady told me that I qualify for a replacement phone( I still have the ticket number# [protected]) She said it would arrive in 7 to 10 business days. When 2 weeks was coming 2 an end I called again, this time I spoke with a man. He informed me that I didn't qualify and that I would have 2 purchase a phone. Wow!!! ( Horrible Customer Service ) Im a single mom and I can't afford 2 buy a phone nor a minute card and if I was given the right information I could've went with other options that's for me but straight talk never gave me that option. OK, fine, I went with option 2. I will just use another phone company that will provide me with free service( Government Lifeline Service ) I can't use that service because straight talk will only unlock my phone if I had service with them for a year even though this is my phone that I bought with my money😡🤬😡🤬😡. That is blackmail and the fact that this company has made it legal disgust me. Straight talk is a horrible company. All they gave me was false information, the run-a-rounds and now a phone that I purchased but can't be used because I no longer need their service, what a joke. Furthermore, your customer service representive staff is horrible. I no longer want 2 have anything 2 do with straight talk and to avoid mg friends experiencing the same thing I will be informing them not 2 waste their time. I started off loving Straight talk but somewhere along the way they valued customers service less and less and because of that I never want 2 deal with Straight talk again. Thank u for listening

Straight Talk WirelessAuto-refill

[protected]
                I have been a straight talk customer for many years but I am new at auto refill. I was double charged for my service this month, once on the 14th and once on the 16th. I call CS and they forwarded me to refund and they had no record of the latter charge. I cancelled auto refill and will be going to Verizon prepaid if I am not refunded the money that was taken from my account. I see a long history of complaints of this nature and it seems you may have an internal theft issue.

Auto-refill

Straight Talk WirelessFraudulent charges on my account-unethical behavior

01/10/2021 - I have 3 phone lines that I have on autopay, this is the second time they have done this to me in 4 months. They turned off our phones overnight. First thing in the morning, I call to ask why our phones are off. CSR says your card has expired, we need new card information. I give them the same information that they have on file, and now they tell me that I have to pay a reconnection fee, plus for all 3 phone lines even though they have different billing dates and still had time left on their service plans that I lost. I ask for a receipt from them and they tell me to look on my bank statement. I ask for a transcript of the discussion and they tell me they can not. Very strange and unethical. Very bad customer service.
                  [protected]

Straight Talk WirelessPhone

Over the last 3 months or so and I have never had such terrible customer service from Straight talk in 10 years. Finally I purchased a 4th phone in the 3 months and when the UI System failed, I called for a replacement per my 1 year agreement. I was told one was being sent to me and when I called to check on the status, I was told I had to mail in my purchased phone and await the replacement phone, rendering me without a phone until straight talk found it convenient to send me a replacement. This is unacceptable and horrible business. I have always encouraged friends to use their service, but never again will I . Especially when I explained I travel for work and need to have a phone for safety reasons so I could send in my phone after the replacement arrived, they still refused. I find this despicable business and never have I been so disappointed.

Straight Talk WirelessPhone

I purchased a phone June 27th. I could never get it to work and was told to mail it to corporate in Miami, FL. Every time I call they say I will be refunded within 30 days. Now 6 months later they claim they have no record of my phone and will not refund me. I have spent at least 30 to 40 hours on the phone trying to resolve this. Last time they told me to deal with Wal Mart but Wal Mart tells me deal with Straight Talk. I would scream to anybody considering Straight Talk to RUN!! Worst experience I have ever had. I just want my money back. This is no different than theft.

Nov 16, 2020

Straight Talk Wireless — Cellular data not working

I have been trying to trouble shoot my phone with you all since 11/12/2020. My phone number i...

Straight Talk WirelessStraight Talk Landline Service

On Oct. 21st, I attempted to transfer my Verizon phone number to Straight Talk. For some reason, I was told that the number had not been released. I called Verizon back, and was told the number had been released. Checking back with Straight Talk, I was then told that the number had a "restriction" on it. Checking back with Verizon, there was no evidence of a restriction. Straight Talk seems to be giving the runaround, and that is disappointing.

Oct 09, 2020

Straight Talk Wireless — Unlocking my phone

I was a straight talk customer since 2012. I purchased the unlimited talk, text, data. It was $45... I've had...

Sep 09, 2020

Straight Talk Wireless — Cellular plan

Hello, my name is Douglas Williams and I have been a straight talk customer for almost a year now. I have...

Jul 06, 2020

Straight Talk Wireless — The brand new phone keep losing service

Less then a month ago I purchased a new straight talk phone. The brand new phone kept losing service (from...

Straight Talk WirelessPersonal data access and service interruption

I've had straight talk for about 6 month and last night they assigned my number and whole account to someone else. My service became invalid and everything on my account was now available to another person including name, address, date of birth, security pin AND the answer to my security question! I also gained access to their same info trying to fix it. I spoke with so many people over hours on the phone. A "manager" said all he can do is update my info, proceeds to send me an email to my correct email address, with the other guy's info it it that my service went to! Wtf. I screenshotted all of it for evidence.

Straight Talk WirelessTrying to delete straight talk due to the fact I never purchased it!

I am now stuck in with straight talk, and I can not use any of me contacts on my lg trac phone! How do I get out of straight talk??? This has really upset my day! I have been trying to get this deleted, and have talked to a straight talk representive 4 times! They are hard to under stand, and you can hardly hear them! I did tald to a gentleman who siad all reprensentives were busy and they would call me back in 2 minutes on my home phone, but never did!!! Why would any onw want such a service unledd it wa a scam. I have no idea how I got into the straight talk mess, and I just want to get me trac phone back to its usage. I am 77years old and don't understand some of this modern technolgy!
                            Please someone help me get this cleared up!!!

Jun 03, 2020

Straight Talk Wireless — My straight talk service card

I recently purchased an unlocked phone from amazon, who stated in their ads that this phone would more than...

Straight Talk WirelessSim card

I purchased a sim card from straight talk. I received it today and called straighttalk to activate it as I was asked to do. I gave the lady my IMIE number. I was later told that she assigned my sim card to the wrong IMIE number. I was told she put it on my old phone. I was then told I had to purchase a new sim because their worker made a mistake. I feel it is only fair that they should have to buy the new sim card that I now need since they made the mistake.