Menu
Net10 Wireless
reviews & complaints

Net10 Wireless
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

115 complaints
47 resolved 68 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Net10 Wireless. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:06 am

Net10 Wireless - the card was switched off after 2 days

I am so angry. I have bought a card for my cell phone from Net 10. It was $35 for 10 days. I have used it about 2 days and one morning, when I tried to call, my card was switched off. This company turned it off and didn’t inform me about it. I couldn’t use it anymore and the support team didn’t respond. I won’t recommend this company to others, because it outrageous to pay money for card, which you can’t use.

12:29 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My phone number is 206-953-8042' my old phone is the one I am trying to have reconnected. The serial number is 356 987 034 358 224, SIM # is 890 141 032 552 747 463 54. I have been trying to transfer my Samsung old phone # to a HUAWEI phone given to me by a friend, since Monday 10-12-2015. They (net 10) have put me off so much that by Friday (with no...

1:33 pm

Net10 Wireless - disappointing

I needed to find a lower priced cellular service. We are on a fixed income, I’m pre-cancerous, my husband is disabled, and costs were mounting.

I did find a less expensive plan and wanted to try it out before definitely deciding to stop using Net10. I contacted Net10 by email saying I was porting my number to a different phone, would still like to keep my Net10 phone in order to use my remaining minutes, and needed a different number to do so. The reply I received was “canned”, saying their attempt to reach me was to confirm if my issue had been resolved. The only “issue” I had was I wanted a new number. My SIM card was deactivated. No information about how to obtain a new number was sent to me either by email or phone. I called and was told I would be sent a new SIM card at no charge, but I would have to purchase more airtime for it to be activated. I had pre-purchased minutes and had been on an auto-refill, carry-forward plan, having approximately 1000 minutes and 1.5 months remaining.

I have a request in for them to fulfill their promises or give me a refund for some of those minutes I won't be able to use, but I don't hold out much hope.

Net10 Wireless - their crappy customer service and apn settings

I have been with Net10 for a good 3 or 4 years. Just recently I had bought a new phone from Net10WirelessPhones.com, where they sell unlocked GSM phones, so I could use the bring your own phone program Net10 has to offer. Every now and then I would experience slow data even though I had renewed my monthly plan, but just last week I had renewed my monthly plan and I was unable to use the internet (Mobile Network State: Disconnected). So I was like no big deal I'll just call up there and they'll turn something on and I'll be fine. This did not happen. I ended up calling multiple times in which they made me create a new APN setting every time, and I probably wasn't doing it right because I could barely hear what was being read out to me on the other end due to strong accents. I swear at one point I thought I heard one of the guys I was on the phone with say "let me do some technical STUFF." I even got on the online chat where I was told to make another APN. None of it worked, so finally I was sent a free SIM card to put in my phone. After I put that thing into my phone I could no longer make calls, text, or get on the internet which was worse than before. Then the lady made me do a factory reset on my device, and it still didn't do anything but swipe all my music and pictures and contacts off. But still my network state was disconnected. It wasn't worth it at, so now I am a Cricket customer, With a Cricket SIM Card, with a mobile network state that says "connected'. Oh, and by the way I lost $50 because they refused to give me my money back on service I didn't even get to use properly.

1 comment
E
Mar 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Been trying to activate new phone for 3hrs, no luck, they charged me though.Call themselves tracfone on the phone and sell net10 phones.I'm disabled and low income i can't afford to be ripped off like this.My phone is important for emergencies.

Net10 Wireless - $35 nationwide talk and text

I do like the net-10 cellphone, but when I purchase the cards $25, and attempt to apply the pin, it tells me to dial the 800 number. After this is done there are three or four more attempts before the code entry number is given. After this I receive the minutes. The card sold for $25, and now the price is $35. I purchased the card, and I guarantee; I will have to call the 800 number three or four times before the minutes are applied.

Net10 Wireless - no refund on unused service

They were ok for about a year and a half, after that, it all went down hill for me. I started my pre-paid cycle on the 29 of each month and unfortunately I was enrolled in that automatic payment grrrrrr...so I had service from the 29 of month to like the 10th of the following month..called customer service to see what the problem was but they couldn't help me..called the next day, and still couldn't get my service back up and running. I called another time and they finally decided to send me a new sim card, waited for 2 weeks and finally received the new sim card. Same night i called so they can hopefully give me service again, unfortunately the customer service rep said they couldnt help me because that was the wrong sim card..so at this point im fed up with this company and their inability to fix an issue. I gave it another day or so to c if miraculously i get service again, sadly, I didn't. Called again to see if they can help and again, they couldn't give me service again. I canceled my service on the 30th of the month and than refused to refund the automatic payment done on the day before...so mad at their service I hung up on them and wusa..NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

N
10:08 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A charge of$47.00 locked. On to my phone number of $47.00.. Cellphone transaction did not work, phone was deactivated, upon calling to reactivate was charged $54.85...Disputing wuth my Charge Card/Credit card... Have a ticket# and pin number fot the transaction from Net10.. z REPRESENTATIVE SAYS NON REFUNDABLE. BAD BUSINESS!!

H
6:08 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today I attempted to reactivate a phone I had used in the past. I followed the online instructions but it kept asking for a service code. I called into technical support to inquire about this code and what I thought would be a 10 minute phone called turned into a nightmare. The first representative had no idea what I was talking about and kept telling me...

8:24 am

Net10 Wireless - service

Absolutely irrate! On monday I switched my
Net10 phone number to a new net10 phone. Keep in mind this is my business number. It took over 6 hours for my new phone to activate and once it did, I no longer had my original phone number. Today is friday and I have been on the phone with miguel, onelove, maria, selena and one other supervisor, everyday since. The first day my phone was active for about 16 hours then all of a sudden its deactivated for some reason and I still had 3 days service left. Day 2 my phone was active but yet again my number was "lost". Wednesday I wasn't able to make calls. Thursday I wasn't able to make calls for about 6 hours. Today, friday, I wake up to add minutes and yet again, my number has been lost. Not a happy customer! I will be buying a new phone~ definitely not a net10 phone and I will be switching providers. Considering your probably going to do nothing to make me happy or to instill confidence in your company. Good riddance!

S
6:48 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

> So first of all the let me start with hello.>I'm a nice person. But I've gota talk to someone About this cuz I'm getting walked on. :-/... > My name is Pennie Johnson... I'm just an average Joe. And I am getting thrown around by my tail and I'm begging u to help me. > > So 2 months ago this all began. My bill is due in 3 days and to tell u the truth if I...

View 0 more photos
B
3:45 pm

Net10 Wireless - will not replace defective sim card

I purchased three "bring your own phone" $50.00 unlimited service packages. One of the SIM cards would not work and after hours on the phone with Nwt10 I was told to call a certain number and I would be sent a replacement SIM card. I quickly found out Net10 was not interested in sending me a replacement card and would instead be happy with losing the three lines of monthly service at $50 apiece. If anyone is contemplating using Net10 I can not urge you strong enough to stay away. Their customer service sucks and I wish them a quick death spiral into the garbage heap of poorly ran and mismanaged businesses.

2 comments
P
Apr 25, 2014 7:45 am

NET10 / American Movil Inc, customer service becoming worse over time; also, failed to correctly re-activate phone, resulting in financial loss.

K
Apr 11, 2014 7:11 pm

I needed a home phone because my kids get off the school bus about 30 minutes before I get home from work. I bought a $50 NET10 touch screen Android Phone with 4G and Wi-Fi phone at Target on sale for $20. I read the information, talked with the salesperson, but unfortunately I did not see this site ahead of time. I loaded the $50 unlimited talk, text, and data. I called to have the phone activated and read the entire manual. It won't even make a phone call. I bought a cell phone - yes, I wanted to the kids to be able to communicate with me by e-mail (by mobile or Wi-fi) too, but it does nothing. Okay, I was able to get it to you-tube and play a song. The kids downloaded Angry Birds. But no email [Network not Found] or phone calls [Sim Card Error]. I had planned to go to Target tomorrow to nicely "exchange the defective phone for a working phone" since I was sure I had used up the some of the $50 trying to get the phone to work and thinking that I bought a lemon. At least now I know I spent $70 on a cell phone, airtime & data plan that won't even make a cell phone call as I frantically called it on the way home from work to check on the kids because an email at work reported a gray van with no tags with the occupant taking pictures of kids in a nearby neighborhood. Now I know to go in MAD or contact the BBB. I'm so glad I found this site.

N
11:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Dec 16th my net 10 cell phone's battery died. I ordered and paid for a replacement phone. The price included Fedex Overnight shipping. It is now Jan. 17th - 31 days later - I've made 8 LONG calls to net10 customer service and STILL NO PHONE has been shipped. Net10 does not know why, cannot tell me why and only repeats the phone "should" in another 5-10...

V

Net10 Wireless - pootr customer service and not living up to what they offer

I purchased a bring your own phoneiy sims card and an unlimited card. I imtried to get the phone that i wanted to use activated with this. I was told by customer service that it could not be done. I was told that even though i purchased the si ms card new from the store that sometimes they still will not work. I was also told that i needed another sims card to be sent by net10. Okay 2 weeks now still waiting on a sims card. I have called customer service numerous times and passed on to person to person and everyone tells me something differentn such as: you don't need a sims card, you have to have a new number, we do not have an address for you, and my favorite you will have it tomorrow we will overnight it. Its been 2 weeks tomorrow has not come yet. Net10 has the worst customer service i have ever dealt with. Please, please stay away

G
3:07 pm

Net10 Wireless - no service

Before buying my new phone I called Net1o to see what i needed to do. They told me they would send me a sim card and I was to buy a Net10 add airtime card, then call them back. Once I had everything needed I called them back, they switched my number from straighttalk and said it may take 2 days. 2 days later I called again, was told that i had the wrong sim card (the one they sent me), and would send me the right one. Then was told that wasn't going to work either so they would send me a different phone. Almost a week later I called again and was told my phone is not supported in my area and would have to buy a new phone. I have now been without a phone for 3 weeks, and have spent over $200 on a phone and a airtime card, only to be told there is nothind they can do. I would like my phone replaced and my airtime i paid for replaced.

1 comment
M
Oct 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Net 10 Wireless has been a nightmare to deal with, constantly sending new sims that don't work, I have been with out my original number for more than three months and no service at all for at least a month. With this kind of service I'm sure they will be out of business very soon.

9:15 pm

Net10 Wireless - lossing phone # after sevice days expire with 400 min left

was given a $25 750min card as a gift. its been 30days & still have over 400 min left but my service days expire today. they told me not only will i loss all my min but ill loss my phone # as well. ive been using net10 for over 10 years & wont give me any leway time to not loss my #. i will never spend my money on their products again & will suggest the same to who i know & anyone i see going to puchase a net10 product. absolutly wrong when america is strugling for each penny they work hard for.

A
10:25 am

Net10 Wireless - customer service the worst

Do not, I repeat, do not use Net10!On July 4th, 2013.

I transferred my parents Phones from Verizon to Net10. I ordered the phones spent $60 bucks for basic phones and service for a month. It took 6 hours of runaround on the phone and 3 days to get the phones activated. So as of Sunday, July 7th, 11:00PM both phones were working.

By Monday morning, one phone, "has been deactivated at the subscribers request"! Another 13 hours on the phone, 8 days later, and still no luck! This company is the worst I have ever dealt with EVER. Customer service reps who know ZERO!

Supervisors? Are you kidding me?

No clue what so ever!I just hung up for the last time and am transferring them over to ATT Gophones!

T
6:09 pm

Net10 Wireless - byop

Not happy. My son and I have had Net10 phones for a while so I thought it would be safe to try buying iPhones for the BYOP program... wrong! Net10 arbitrarily sent TMobile SIMcards to me and the TMobile service in my area is terrible, either that or the BYOP program sucks because I spent 2 days with "No Service" and "Searching" messages as well as dropped calls - like 4 drops in 10 minutes! Something was wrong! Supposedly it's because of the TMobile cards- If I had known they were sending TMobile SIMcards I would not have done it. But I'm not convinved it was just because of the cards. I had Net10 phones before so I thought it would be fine, but my old Net10 phones had AT&T SIM cards. Why they didn't send me AT&T cards for the BYOP program is because they were "sold out" of them! Why would a company be sold out of AT&T SIMCards? Perhaps there's some litigation issues? It just seems like something is just not right! I told them I needed AT&T SIMCards and they refused to give me money back for the TMobile junk they sent me without asking me. So now to make my phone work I have to spend another $15 per SIMCard and I have to order them online through walmart. I was so frustrated that I asked them just to reactivate my old Net10 phone and they said they couldn't do that. So I have no working phone. The customer Service WAS TERRIBLE - I talked to 5 people before getting a hold of a supervisor who knew what I was talking about and could understand my english well enough - didn't make much of a difference once I got to her though, Sure she was willing to pay me back for my junk TMobile SIMcards in airtime, but that's not what I wanted. At that point I just wanted out. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE - I spent days trying to get it worked out, and I still don't have a working phone. I don't trust the company.

C
11:33 am

Net10 Wireless - no service

I has this lg900 phone for quite sometime. I put minutes on the phone and all i get is no service. Please fix it. Most of the reps were no help to this solutio. I called numerous of times and the problem was never fixed.

L
3:33 pm

Net10 Wireless - customer service and phone not working

I tried to transfer a number we've had for 7 years to a new phone about two weeks ago. It apparently had some technical issue and took about 5 days to activate the phone. I had to call at least 15 times and spent about 12 hours literally on the phone. Since that time it has worked fine. However, in my online account, it has said the phone is pending number - even after it was activated. I went online today to sign up for the family plan, and I can't do that because of that message. So I tried to submit a help ticket, and it asked me to verify my phone number. When I verified my phone number, it told me that was not the correct number, then my phone stopped working. When I try to call it or make calls it says "this is verizon wireless. Your phone number is inactive". So I called. After being on hold for 45 minutes, a lady was very nice and deactivated the incorrect number and reactivated the old number. The phone worked fine again. She said she could not fix the issue in my account that is making the phone seem inactive, so she would transfer me to someone who could do it. I was on hold for over an hour, then the connection cut off. During this time, my phone quit working again, still giving the same verizon message. I called back, waited on hold for at least 30-45 minutes, a talked to someone who said they would try to see if it was possible to reclaim the phone number.He said he had to transfer us to someone else. That was two hours and 41 minutes ago. I am still on hold, but I get the feeling no one is ever going to answer. I have paid for the unlimited plan that I got cheated out of 5 days before the phone was active, and now today it's not active either.
Please don't waste your money on this service. Everytime we have an issue, the customer service is this bad... holding for hours. I started calling at 12:41 and it's 4:26 now, so I've wasted half a day on the phone.

T
6:14 pm

Net10 Wireless - lg 800

I just bough an LG 800 phone this week. I dont have problems making calls, receiving calls and gettings sms. I just havent figured out yet whats wrong with the browser. I cant go into youtube. I called the customer service hotline and was able to talk to a representative after 15-20 on hold. They cant seem to figured out whats wrong with the phone. They told me that they refresh my phone's connection or whatsover but still no good. I then suggested that it might the the factory programming of this phone and i want it to be replace if possible. They REFUSED!.it got me mad since this is a brandnew phone and they wont replace it. anyone got an idea how i should deal with tis thing? Thanks

2 comments
H
May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

All wifi should block YouTube, twitter, Facebook because all are fraudulent sites..

W
May 07, 2013 8:42 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

did you try doing a factory reset?

Or, are you trying to access youtube on a public wifi signal? Some public signals blocks certain sites like youtube because they use so much bandwidth. So it may not be the phone at all.

I was at Kohls recently and hopped onto their free wifi and tried to go onto youtube to kill some time while waiting for my friend to finish shopping, and it wouldn't load at all. But when I got home, it worked fine. Some places block youtube.

Net10 Wireless contacts