Having problems with Net10 Wireless?

1800 649 7570 (Customer Service)
1800 229 6846 (Customer Service)
+1 877 836 2368 (Phone Customers)
+1 855 333 2355 (Bring Your Own Phone Customers)
+1 800 299 7280 (Home Phone Customers)
+1 888 442 5107 (Hotspot or Bring Your Own Tablet Customers)
9700 N.W. 112th Ave
Thu8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 11:45 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Net10 Wireless.

Complaints & Reviews

Net10 Cell Phoneslossing phone # after sevice days expire with 400 min left

was given a $25 750min card as a gift. its been 30days & still have over 400 min left but my service days expire today. they told me not only will i loss all my min but ill loss my phone # as well. ive been using net10 for over 10 years & wont give me any leway time to not loss my #. i will never spend my money on their products again & will suggest the same to who i know & anyone i see going to puchase a net10 product. absolutly wrong when america is strugling for each penny they work hard for.

NET 10customer service the worst

Do not, I repeat, do not use Net10!On July 4th, 2013.

I transferred my parents Phones from Verizon to Net10. I ordered the phones spent $60 bucks for basic phones and service for a month. It took 6 hours of runaround on the phone and 3 days to get the phones activated. So as of Sunday, July 7th, 11:00PM both phones were working.

By Monday morning, one phone, "has been deactivated at the subscribers request"! Another 13 hours on the phone, 8 days later, and still no luck! This company is the worst I have ever dealt with EVER. Customer service reps who know ZERO!

Supervisors?? Are you kidding me??

No clue what so ever!!I just hung up for the last time and am transferring them over to ATT Gophones!

NET10byop

Not happy. My son and I have had Net10 phones for a while so I thought it would be safe to try buying iPhones for the BYOP program... wrong! Net10 arbitrarily sent TMobile SIMcards to me and the TMobile service in my area is terrible, either that or the BYOP program sucks because I spent 2 days with "No Service" and "Searching" messages as well as dropped calls - like 4 drops in 10 minutes!!! Something was wrong! Supposedly it's because of the TMobile cards- If I had known they were sending TMobile SIMcards I would not have done it. But I'm not convinved it was just because of the cards. I had Net10 phones before so I thought it would be fine, but my old Net10 phones had AT&T SIM cards. Why they didn't send me AT&T cards for the BYOP program is because they were "sold out" of them! Why would a company be sold out of AT&T SIMCards??? Perhaps there's some litigation issues? It just seems like something is just not right! I told them I needed AT&T SIMCards and they refused to give me money back for the TMobile junk they sent me without asking me. So now to make my phone work I have to spend another $15 per SIMCard and I have to order them online through walmart. I was so frustrated that I asked them just to reactivate my old Net10 phone and they said they couldn't do that. So I have no working phone. The customer Service WAS TERRIBLE - I talked to 5 people before getting a hold of a supervisor who knew what I was talking about and could understand my english well enough - didn't make much of a difference once I got to her though, Sure she was willing to pay me back for my junk TMobile SIMcards in airtime, but that's not what I wanted. At that point I just wanted out. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE - I spent days trying to get it worked out, and I still don't have a working phone. I don't trust the company.

net10/ lg900no service

I has this lg900 phone for quite sometime. I put minutes on the phone and all i get is no service. Please fix it. Most of the reps were no help to this solutio. I called numerous of times and the problem was never fixed.

Net10 Wirelesscustomer service and phone not working

I tried to transfer a number we've had for 7 years to a new phone about two weeks ago. It apparently had some technical issue and took about 5 days to activate the phone. I had to call at least 15 times and spent about 12 hours literally on the phone. Since that time it has worked fine. However, in my online account, it has said the phone is pending number - even after it was activated. I went online today to sign up for the family plan, and I can't do that because of that message. So I tried to submit a help ticket, and it asked me to verify my phone number. When I verified my phone number, it told me that was not the correct number, then my phone stopped working. When I try to call it or make calls it says "this is verizon wireless. Your phone number is inactive". So I called. After being on hold for 45 minutes, a lady was very nice and deactivated the incorrect number and reactivated the old number. The phone worked fine again. She said she could not fix the issue in my account that is making the phone seem inactive, so she would transfer me to someone who could do it. I was on hold for over an hour, then the connection cut off. During this time, my phone quit working again, still giving the same verizon message. I called back, waited on hold for at least 30-45 minutes, a talked to someone who said they would try to see if it was possible to reclaim the phone number.He said he had to transfer us to someone else. That was two hours and 41 minutes ago. I am still on hold, but I get the feeling no one is ever going to answer. I have paid for the unlimited plan that I got cheated out of 5 days before the phone was active, and now today it's not active either.
          Please don't waste your money on this service. Everytime we have an issue, the customer service is this bad... holding for hours. I started calling at 12:41 and it's 4:26 now, so I've wasted half a day on the phone.

NET 10lg 800

I just bough an LG 800 phone this week. I dont have problems making calls, receiving calls and gettings sms. I just havent figured out yet whats wrong with the browser. I cant go into youtube. I called the customer service hotline and was able to talk to a representative after 15-20 on hold. They cant seem to figured out whats wrong with the phone. They told me that they refresh my phone's connection or whatsover but still no good. I then suggested that it might the the factory programming of this phone and i want it to be replace if possible. They REFUSED!!!.it got me mad since this is a brandnew phone and they wont replace it. anyone got an idea how i should deal with tis thing? Thanks

• Wi
                wifi8827 May 07, 2013

did you try doing a factory reset?

Or, are you trying to access youtube on a public wifi signal? Some public signals blocks certain sites like youtube because they use so much bandwidth. So it may not be the phone at all.

I was at Kohls recently and hopped onto their free wifi and tried to go onto youtube to kill some time while waiting for my friend to finish shopping, and it wouldn't load at all. But when I got home, it worked fine. Some places block youtube.

• He
                helpfriend May 07, 2013

All wifi should block YouTube, twitter, Facebook because all are fraudulent sites..

NET10erased 6043 minutes

I had 6043 minutes accumulated on my NET10 phone. I signed up and paid for the automatic replenishment. They charged my credit card and gave me the additional minutes but did not extend my service days. I sent 4 online messages to 'Contact us" online. 3 days later my service was cancelled and my 6034 minutes were erased. It was a week-end and help line was closed until the following Monday. I bought 200 more minutes so I could use my phone- it was Easter Sunday. They gave my the minutes, charged my credit card and gave my 30 days service. I contacted them several times - at least 2 hours to get someone to answer the call. I was given 1084 minutes and told that was all she could do. I requested to talk to a supervisor and she told me I did not purchase the automatic replenishment and hung up on me. I called again and I was refunded my second payment and told the service center was open 24/7 and then was told the department that could give me back my lost minutes was closed for the day and they would call me back. I was sent an email to give them the codes and told them to call after 5pm and they sent another email stating they called before 5pm and did not get me on the phone. And they requested my codes again. I sent and they have not responded or given my 4950 minutes. I am still waiting. This has happened to me at least 3 times. They lie and then cheat. Minutes are worth $495. See pic of my 6043 minutes.

erased 6043 minutes

NET 10worst phone company ever!

I absouletly hate this company! They ain't any cheaper than at&t an at&t has them beat by a lot! Id never tell anyone to join this phone company, the customer service is awful, I lost my multimedia msgn aftr I got wit them an they are the worst about just shuttin phones off at the least expected times, when you don't even got the choice to go to the store, an then they take ur number away instantly, an don't evn try to make things better. I had to call 5 times last time I needed a problem fixed, still cnt get pic messages, an they are the worst about answerin the phone, the first time I ever called them, I was on hold for over 2 hrs before I finally hung up! This company needs a lot of improoving! For sure

NET 10horrible customer ser vice

Went less than 24 hours before adding minutes. When I go to be reactivated, they say my number is not available. Aftter staying on hold forever, they finally tell me my number IS available but they have to send my a new sim card to activate it. I wait three days for the new sim card. I buy minutes and then reactivate my phone. IT'S THE WRONG NUMBER!!~ I call them again and after being on hold and being transferred twice and on hold forever, they tell me they will have to send me ANOTHER SIM CARD. It's going to take another three days and I'm going to have to reactivate again. They keep people on the line forever while using minutes THEY sell you. Never any compensation for any of their own mistakes. Somebody needs to file a class action lawsuit against them. I would if I knew how.

NET10inactivated my phone purposely to get more money

This company changed the serial number on my new phone to an old serial number of an another old phone of mine causing this new phone to inactivate. When I went online to see why my phone wouldn't function and after calling their customer service, I found out they had replaced my new phones' serial number with that of another phone I had lost. I went through the whole speil of trying to reactivate the phone because they had a message there that stated my phone was INACTIVE. It should not be inactive as I had at least 8 more days of service with my unlimited airtime card. The customer service guy knew darn good and well the serial number they had listed there was the wrong one, yet he told me to go back online and reactivate it with the correct serial number...the only phone they had listed there for me was the old serial number phone and I was unable to change it back to the correct serial number. I ended up going through a futile cycle of trying to reactivate my phone3 and change the serial number to no avail. On their phone troubleshooting site, they monitor peoples' complaints and questions so customers can't see answers to other customers problems.They also disable certain customers ability to post problems and questions. This serial number change was purposely done by them in a blatant attempt to fraud by making me buy more airtime and still have a non-functioning phone. I am filing a complaint with my Attorney Generals' office here in my state.

NET10customer service / billing

One of my Net10 phones died two months ago. I used the online form on the Net10 website to deactivate the broken phone and discontinue the "easy minutes" plan that was attached to that phone. The issue is that I continue to be billed for a phone that is not actiive and not working. The phone call to Net10 was an exercise in frustration. It took 13 minutes to connect to the first cutomer service rep. His accent was overpowering, but at least he was trying to be helpful. When he could not resolve my problem, he put me on hold for anothe rep to assist me. 12 minutes later a women (less of an accent) stated she was a manager and would be able to help me - but could not understand nor comprehend my problem. I then asked for her supervisor several times and she continued to tell me that she was a manager. Eventually she put me on hold to wait for a senior manager - by now almost one hour had passed! I waited another 11 minutes and finally hung up - I think that is what they wanted when they put me on hold the second time? I have disputed the charge with my credit card company and have cancelled my service with Net10 and will not recommend them to a friend.

NET 10 Wireless/ZTE Merit — false advertising

My husband has a net 10 cellphone which he pay's 50 for the unlimited plan every month... Sooo on black...

NET10net10 incompetent

I purchased a Net10 Android on 12/24/11 at the Best Buy Mobile phone in the Avenues Mall, Jacksonville, FL. I had a Net10 phone previously and requested to have the new phone activated and the number transferred. This was not done properly. I struggled for more than two months to get the phone working correctly. My husband and I spent more than 12 hours total on the phone with Net10 trying to get everything working properly. Net10 deactivated my phone often, for no apparent reason claiming that I had run out of airtime. I signed up repeatedly for automatic bill pay to no avail. Somehow a second phone number became associated with my phone in the Net10 system even after my actual number was reactivated which hindered anyone from being able to resolve my problems. No one could seem to get the correct number associated with my phone in Net10's system. I knew what my phone number is and if someone dialed it, my phone rang. Yet Net10 insisted that the number in their system was correct. If they called it, someone else answered and they were befuddled. Sometimes I could make calls on my phone, sometimes I couldn't. My text function stopped working after a month and was never repaired. Even after hours on the phone with Net10 they could not seem to understand my problem or how to fix it. I finally became so dissatisfied with Net10's service that I went to T-Mobile, bought a new phone and signed a two year contract. I had hoped to avoid a contract hence originally signing up with Net10, however I was forced to switch to a company that knows how to do business after suffering through such incompetency at Net10 for so long. I spent $149 on a phone that never worked right with the phone number I wanted for any period of time. Please do not contact me in an effort to repair the phone. Only contact me if you are willing to do the right thing and provide me a refund. Net10 is awful and I will tell everyone I know what a bad experience I had.

• Co
                            Corp.Wendy Mar 13, 2012

Hi, this is Wendy and I work for NET10. I can help you get this resolved right away. Please email us your contact information to NT.[protected]@net10.com. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email to us. Include your name, contact number and your phone serial or cell phone number. We can help you resolve this issue right away. Please include your blog name in your email.

NET10 — cell phone

I'm a Best Buy Mobile wireless consultant, and indirect agent for all cell phone companies including net10, I...

NET10run away from these people as quick as you can

I bought a Samsung T401G phone from these people in January 2010. When it arrived, it would not receive calls, only make outgoing calls, then it stopped doing outgoing calls also. After repeated attempts to get it working both using their web site, and calling "live" people whose speech was virtually undecipherable and muffled at their "customer service" (NOT!) number, we finally received an RMA number to return the phone to them for repair/replacement. They sat on this phone for 5 months, finally returning it in June with the exact same problems it had when it was sent off to them, only now with expired "service time" because they had sat on it for so long, so I did not find out it was still inoperative until I bought still MORE minutes to get the service re-activated, only to find that the phone still did not work. After calling them for a second time on another phone, and burning up $6 of minutes waiting an hour for them to answer the phone, I gave up and submitted a direct complaint at their "Contact" number. Two days later someone called me and burned up another several bucks on my cell phone telling me that they had no record of the RMA and phone and that it was listed as "active" in their computer, although iti still did not work. Then they promised me that if I bought a new Net10 phone they would transfer the minutes on the defective phone to the new phone along with some "compensation" minutes. So, like the sucker they played me for, I bought a new phone, activated it and got a new number assigned to it, and wrote them back an email (which bounced, their sending address is a phoney one that does not receive inbound emails) asking them to transfer the minutes to the new phone. Meanwhile, the new phone worked for a day, but then stopped working, unable to call out or receive incoming calls; it had become "deactivated". So I called them, waited for a "customer service" person, got another inaudible operator who could barely speak English with another muffled/garbled connection, who wasted another 20 cell phone minutes before telling me that I would have to return the phone to the store where I bought it to have them "rescan" the bar code on the self-destructing package my daughter threw away after I gave her the apparently-working phone which was to replace the first never-working phone. She insisted that she could not simply activate/reset/get-working the phone from her console. SO now, I am out for the price of TWO phones ($80 each), neither of which work, plus hundreds of unuseable "minutes", plus several hours of additional minutes I spent talking to these idgets on my other phone. I reckon the only function of this "business" is to sell you inoperable phones and minutes which you burn up talking to their "customer service" number about their inoperable phones. IF someone gives you one of their phones for FREE, toss it into the nearest fireplace and use it to generate a few BTUs of heat to warm your house; you will be far ahead of where you are if you pay for minutes of phone time you will never get to use to talk to anyone but their incomprehensible "service" aliens. Run away from these people as quick as you can.

Net10 Wirelessservice

On 7/7/2011 I called Net10 Customer support to attempt to fix a problem with my wifes phone. After over 60 minutes on the phone they added "minutes" to my wifes "unlimited" phone. I was told that it was working properly now.

I called back the next day on 7/8/2011 with the same problem with both mine and my wifes phone and now 58 minutes more time on the phone with customer support. The phones had minutes on them that came with the phones when they were purchased that was to be used to purchase ringtones, games and graphics from net10. The phone had started using those minutes to make and recieve calls and texts and when the remaining minutes were used up the phones were stating we had no air time left. They should have been on an unlimited plan as they had been for almost 2 years. Customer support appologized for the problem and attempted to fix it again by adding more minutes.

The next day 7/9/2011 I called again and spent over a hour on the phone with them again. The new customer support person told me that the previous employee that added the minutes screwed up my phone and that once airtime was added to an unlimited phone it could not be returned to unlimited service. And that since our phone were more than 90 days old I no longer had a warranty and would have to purchase new phones. After complaining that it was their fault that my phones no longer worked and that they should replace them free of charge I was escalated to a manager. At this time the manager also appologized for the problem and told me that they had changed their unlimited plan without notifying their customers and had made all older unlimited phones no longer compatible with the new service plan. He promised to send me new equivalent phones (I had paid $89.99 + tax for each of the 2 phones. I was further promised that they would arrive in 3 to 5 days. I was given a ticket number for the problem at this time.

on 7/16/2011, 7 days later I still had no phones. I called back and spent over an hour again on the phone with another manager that told me the first manager screwed up and didn't put the order threw correctly and that he would personally make sure our phones would be here in 3 to 5 days and gave me new ticket numbers.

The phones arrived 5 days later on 7/21/2011. They were LG300G models. These phones have almost no features at all and cost $29.99 on net10's web site new. These were reconditioned phones and probably retailed for about $15.00.

On 7/21/2011 I called back again and again I was appologized to for the mistake and told to send back the phones and that he promised that I would recieve the correct phones within 24 hours. I complained about the time I had waisted trying to fix net10's mistakes and the tmie without the phones which I had already paid for the service of. I was promised to be compensated for the month I had already paid for on each phone plus 2 months free service on each phone. I asked to have that staement emailed to me or sent to me in writing and was told that they could not do that but that all the notes would be in my file under the new ticket numbers which he gave me. This phone call took 75 minutes.

4 days later on 7/25/2011 I finally recieved the correct phones which still do not have all the features of my original phones. I called up and spent another 57 minutes on the phone with a manager named Shaana trying to activate our phones and transfer our old numbers to our new phones. I was told they had to do it manually and it would take 24 to 48 hours to do and that they would call me back when it was done. And that they would add the 3 months of service to each phone at that time.

The following day (7/26/2011) I called back to see if they had gotten around to transfering our phone numbers to our new phones. I spoke to a manager named Christian Employee #57980. After almost 2 hours of arguing he tried to tell me they could only give me 1 month of service on each phone, the month I had already paid for) as compensation. I explained to them that I had been promised 3 months total compensation on each phone and that was a leagally binding verbal contract. At this time we were working on my wifes phone first. After talking with his co-manager he agreed to give me 3 months total service. The month I had already paid for and 2 more months that I was promised as compensation for my waisted time and lack of phone service during this time. After completing getting my wifes phone taken care of we started on mine. I was then told that I would only be getting the month of service that I had already paid for put onto my phone. I complained that this was not what I was promised and that this was not acceptable. After arguing with him for a while about this he told me he would give me 1 more month of free service and that was the most they could give due to their policies. I argured that he was the one to make that desision and that he had already given my wifes phone the promised 3 months of service so he could do the same for my phone also as the other manager had promised to do. I was then told to "take it or leave it" period. I reminded him that a verbal contract was legally binding and that they needed to keep the promises that they made to compensate for their bad customer service and complete incompetence they had showed over the last 3 weeks time. Again I was told that was all he would do and take it or leave it. At this time I finally said fine I'll take it for now but I would continue to pursue this issue with the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs, any other online complaint forum or department I could find and most likely a lawyer. My time on the phone this time was 117 minutes

These are the ticket numbers I was given for each of the phones over the almost 3 weeks of dealing with them.
                            Phone number Ticket #1 Ticket #2 Ticket #3
                            ***-***-6960 [protected] [protected] [protected]
                            ***-***-2176 [protected] [protected] [protected]

• Ba
                                Barbara J. Bussell Dec 04, 2011

I bought this phone on 11-30-2011. [protected]. I have 49984.60 minutes left on it and 27 days of service. Now I am told that my service has been deactivated. Why?
                                I do not understand this. What is wrong.
                                Barbara Bussell 7615 Clio St. El Paso, Tx. [protected]@ymail.com is my email address.

• Ba
                                Barbara J. Bussell Dec 04, 2011

I bought this phone on 11_30_2011. Now i am being told that my phone has been deactivated. Why is this. I bought air time and my phone says that I have 49984.60 minutes on it. And 27 days left on it.

NET10picture messages

I have received 5 phone from Net10 and my picture messages is still not working. They don't speak english very well and it hard to get them to understand what your problem is. All I want to do is to be able to send a picture to my email address, each time they send me another phone instead of fixing the problem. Currently, my phone that I just received and my previous phone is are both on, one is under my old number and the other is under another number. I can't get them to transfer my number to the new phone. I think AT&T should be a shame of themselves to place this sevice with such incompentent bunch of perople. I am calling these people daily to try and get my phone corrected. HELP!!!

Net10 Wirelessservice time

When trying to activate a new Net10 Wireless phone, after being a Tracfone Wireless customer for 10 years, I wanted to keep the same phone number. I was switching because I needed to replace my existing phone due to some of the buttons no longer working properly and I was using the phone enough to need more service time. The unlimited 30 day plans offered by Net10 seemed to be a better value while providing the service time I needed. When I tried to activate the new phone, they informed me I would be required to wait for 2 days in order to transfer my number. I called back in 2 days and they told me they had to send a new sim card in order for me to complete the transfer. I had purchased the phone at a local store and purchased my service while on the phone to activate the new phone. At the end of my 7 day wait to get the new phone activated with the correct number, after not having had any service, they successfully activated the new phone with my number but I was shorted 7 days service that I had paid for when first trying to activate the new phone. This is effectively theft because I paid for 30 days of service and received only 23 days service by the time they were able to activate the new phone with the correct number.

• Ki
                                    Kittyzmeow Oct 06, 2011

This JUST happened to me! Got the new simcard and called Net10 to activate the phone. Apparently, the other sim card was no good. It took them over a week to figure this out. They kept promising me after 10+ hours of customer service and tech support/4+ days, everyday on the phone telling them I still don't have a phone number. Their system showed my phone was active, even though they KNOW the number they assigned me was a Tracphone customer and a bogus number for me...anyway, they sent me out a new sim card to activate my phone but are refusing to credit me my minutes and service days because "Maam, your phone was active even though you needed a new sim card". What!? Really? I asked to speak with a supervisor, she said "sure, I'll put you right through..I actually held for 1.5 hours". SCAM of a company and someone needs to put them in their place!

• Li
                                    Linwood Haskins Jan 02, 2013

I believe everything as on December 3, 2017 I used my debit card to purchase the 30 day $50.00 unlimited plan. It charged me $51.35 on the screen when i used my debit card. When I checked my SunTrust Bank account, I was charged $54.85. Now my cell phone was cut off on January 1, 2017, which is not 30 days. Someone must have played hooky in elementary school when they were teaching mathematics, because that's not 30 days from December 3, 2017. A computer can not make that kind of mistake, only the person who typed that in. What's going to happen about the time I paid for? Net 10 got all their money, where's all of my time? why do we have to complain after we spend our money? [protected]@hotmail.com

• Do
                                    douchebagsNT Mar 21, 2013

Im very disappointed on this company. Bought a phone on the website. It only work for a week and it started messing up. It almost took forever to talk to a customer service representative and when i got one on the line, whaaat?.someone who doesnt understand english..im filling a complaint to FCC and BBB. They could not give me a decent help and just reading scripts. Till now they did not do anything to fix the problem. What a bunch of BS.

NET 10terrible service

Net 10 is a scam! I bought the new lg 800g at best buy, brought it home and transfered the service and number from my old net 10 phone to my new phone. I researched online before I did anything else, to see if there was a limit on the amount of minutes I could transfer, and found no mention anywhere of any limit on the # of minutes you can transfer. there were 1375 minutes and over 90 days left on my old phone. when I transfered to my new phone, I only had 1100 minutes and 120 days of service. I lost 275 minutes and just accepted that, thinking there were no more issues and that was an acceptable loss. then the mic on the new phone did not work, I tried calls I tried voice recorder and neither worked. so I called net 10 and spent over 30 minutes just waiting to talk to someone. finally spoke to customer service and explained the problem. they had me redo everything I tried, (turn on and off, adjust volume, etc). I explained that the mic was not working. they said I could bring back the phone ot best buy and exchange it. then they gave me a ticket number and said there would be no problem transfering everything to the new replacement. (this is where the problems begin).
                                  I get the new replacement phone home and call Net 10 with the ticket number. they can't find the ticket # in the system. I explain everything (again) and they said no problem and procede to active the phone. well, the activated the new phone, with a NEW phone number, 10 minutes of airtime and 60days of service. I explained to the rep that this was wrong, explained AGAIN what the problem was and what needed to be done to fix it. she tried a couple of things but nothing seemed to work. I asked for a supervisor. she was able to add my minutes back and was supposed to be working on getting my service days updated, but hung up on me instead. sooo, back into the phone queue, back to customer service and I immediately asked for a supervisor. so now I speak to a new supervisor, explain everything (AGAIN) and after spending more time waiting and waiting, we finally get the service days updated. now on to getting my old # back. I do everything they tell me to do with the phone, they now said that the # is transfered and it can take up to an hour before the phone number changes. I said that was fine, but I wanted a direct phone # that I could call in case there is still an issue. he said that there was no other phone # than the customer service queue! (I worked 7 yrs in insurance customer service and know that is not true!!) I told him, he works in an office, in a building, and that there was a phone number for that office and I wanted that number. he kept arguing that there was no other # to give. I told him I wanted to speak to a manager above him who could give me a phone # to call if there was an issue. if there was no issue I would just toss that number away. he said the manager would say the same thing. I said that was ok, that I would wait on hold with him until I spoke to a manager or 1 hour had passed and I could try my phone again. (more hold time...) and finally I speak to a manager and explained the issue. he gave me the # for the manager's department. so now that is over 3 hours of my life wasted just to upgrade my phone. now, just to recap... 1) they stole from me=275 minutes and 3hrs of my life wasted on the phone; 2) they were incompetent=screwed up the transfer, hung up on me, and refused to give me a direct phone # to call them at. i've almost reached the 1hr wait time they told me for the phone # transfer to take effect. i'll give them 1hr and 15 minutes before see if I got my old number back. I don't have much faith that I will get my number back.
                                  ... almost 2.5 hrs later, I still don't have my number. now they are going to send a new sim card, and it's possible that I won't get my number back.
                                  I think i'm going to need therapy after this ordeal...

• Wa
                                      Wayne Oct 11, 2008

I owned a simple Tracfone. I purchased a Net 10 phone which had a camera and was bluetooth enabled. I called Net 10 before the purchase to ascertain that I could port my phone number from Tracfone to my Net 10 phone and was told that it would be a normal everyday function to do this.

I purchased the phone online from Net 10. It had a different number on it. I called Net 10 and they said that they would send me a sim card with my old number on it.

When I received the new sim card there was a different number on it than I had requested. I called and spoke to a couple of people and then to a supervisor. She assured me that she would send me another sim card which would have the correct number ported. She also said that because I had a problem she would send me the sim card overnight.

It is a week later and no sim card. Today, I called and spoke to another supervisor who told me that the sim card 'paperwork' had not been done correctly but that HE would get it right this time.

Also, last week, I went to Net 10's website to purchase minutes. I attempted to purchase 300 minutes for $30 (plus taxes). After I jumped through all the hoops, the last page that I saw said 'failed' TRY AGAIN. So, I did try again, and again, and again. I called Net 10 and told them that I needed minutes but was unable to get any on the website.

The person who answered the phone said that he would take care to be sure I would not have a problem since I was concerned that each try showed that $30 was being charged to my credit card. I was assured that I would not be multiple charged. I did wound up getting 300 minutes eventually.

I have just notice that I have four $30 charges on my credit card instead of one. After arguing with three levels of people I had to threaten them to write a complaint to Arizona's Attorney's General office alleging fraud and theft, which I would SURELY do. The supervisor assured me that the charges would be reversed. I have no confidence that this will occur.

I am involved more than three weeks in this and I really don't know when or how it will end.

Matthew55904 May 01, 2009

This IS NOT NET10 NET10 does NOT give you a phone with a phone number on it already you havee to activate it with a NEW or TRANSFERRED number and you gut you 300 minutes automatically you got a failed appempt to buy minute online then u CALL them tell them you bougt minutes and it didnt go through they will ask the serial number of your phone and will SEE that you purchased uncevieved minutes they will then tell you to go into the Code Entry Mode and enter n a code in which ADDS the minutes to the phone NET10 is not as impossible as you people make them out to be ive NEVER not ONCE had a problems with customer service

• Pr
                                      pricetech Mar 27, 2011

Your experience is typical. They are a classic example of incompetence. What you experienced has happened to other customers as reported her on this site.
                                      My advice, if you're interested, is to use up the time you've bought if you can, get rid of the phone, and find a reputable carrier.

• Mf
                                      MFavor Jun 24, 2011

i was stuck with a net10 phone for about two years. It was the worst. I mean the worst!! And trying to get any body to help you on the phone is like pulling teeth. Would not recommend. sorry, your situation, sucked.

Net 10 / LG900Gno technical support

I have recently bought a new cell phone, LG900G, to replace my old phone, LG 320. I transfered my old cell phone number to the new phone - no problems encountered. The voice mail system is the problem - I can't access it or set it up. I first tried the website technical servicefor Net10 for help - I was told try a single step and if I was unsuccesful to call customer service. I was unsuccessful so I called customer service - she was no help at all. Customer service then transfer me to the technical department - they were no help at all. The only thing that I received was the used of my prepaid air time which totaled 30 minutes of time. 1 week later and still no voice mail set up! I'm just waiting for my airtime to be finished so that I can get out of Net10. VERY UNSATISFIED with the technical service who can't even troubleshoot voice mail service. I welcome anyone for help in this matter.

• Bk
                                        bknysteve Jun 20, 2011

i'm having the same problem, setting up voice mail is a joke, calling net10 for customer no service is even a bigger joke, it gets frustrating when you can never get an english speaking person on the other end, when my volume is turned all the way down anyone that tries to call me gets a message that says "subscriber unavailable"between net 10 and this piece of crap lg900g which radio shack was pushing for $29.00, they have created a way to frustrate people out of their hard earned money, when my minutes are gone this phone along with net10 are going in a yard sale!

• To
                                        Tonylee Jan 22, 2012

I've had my own problems with the lg900g and Net10. Ridiculous service blackouts in places that never gave me problems with my cheap Samsung flip phone under Net10. Customer service reps who appear to speak English as a second language which only bothers me because I suspect this is a result of outsourcing and not necessity. It's hard enough to communicate a problem without two people trying to get through each other's accents, and one of them trying to avoid using common idioms that may confuse the other.

The other problem is the speaker which horribly distorts prerecorded messages for menu prompts. I don't know if this is a design flaw, or factory defect on my particular phone. Another problem is the description on the packaging seemed to be deliberately giving you false expectations by not explaining the limitations of the video and other features of the phone.

On the other, I paid $30 for it. So, I guess caveat emptor.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices