Menu
MSC Cruises Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

MSC Cruises
reviews and complaints

www.msccruises.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 56 Reviews

How responsive is MSC Cruises's customer service?

8 Resolved
28 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if MSC Cruises showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with MSC Cruises and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for MSC Cruises has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

MSC Cruises reviews and complaints 56

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
19 reviews
Sort by:

Newest MSC Cruises reviews and complaints

10:28 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

MSC Cruises - Confusion when booking

Donna Kunkle, resveration number [protected], 4-28-24 on Meraviglia First of all this ship was refurbished a few years ago and no handicap Oceanview cabins were added. I need to have the handicap bathroom because of health issues. I received a email from the casino department stating my cruise certificate is eligible for a balcony so I called your casino...

S
7:02 am EDT

MSC Cruises Refund not received after 8 months

My wife and I purchased a cruise in January 2023 with a sail date of April 30, 2023. A few days later we purchased the excursions we wanted. After purchasing the excursions we decided the cancel the excursion in Nassau due to 2:00 pm all aboard time.

We requested to cancel via email and received confirmation it was cancelled. We’re still waiting for our refund nearly 8 months later. I’ve been told it won’t be offered until after the sail date. I’ve been told the refund is automatic and a human can’t get into the system and issue the refund. I was told we would receive an onboard credit during our cruise. That didn’t happen either. I’ve been told the refund was issued and my cc company was holding the fund. I’ve been told to wait 2 billing cycles and then call back. Tried that one as well. I was even told by an employee MSC would pay me interest on the money they have been holding. Just do the right thing and issue the refund, I followed your rules.

Desired outcome: Issue the refund that is owed to me.

7:42 pm EDT

MSC Cruises Seaside - unsanitary conditions

My sister and I were passengers on the MSC Seaside cruise (August 3rd-6th, 2023) and would like to bring some serious issues and concerns we had while sailing with your cruise line. This was our first time sailing with MSC Cruises.

We had trouble at most of the bars with very slow service. We feel the bars were very understaffed. We had to ask a server for a drink while sitting at the bar being ignored by the bartenders.

The food quality was extremely poor in quality and they sit you on top of other passengers with just inches between each table.

We received room service one morning. They delivered everything needed for coffee (cups, milk, etc.) except for the coffee. After two calls down they finally brought the coffee.

My sister and I wanted to spend a few days relaxing while reading a book. You can always find quiet areas outside on a ship to do this. We were told that there is an adult only pool at the back of the ship. We were very pleased as we wanted to find a quiet spot. When we arrived we noticed that there were children in the area and the “adult only” rule was not being enforced. Although, when we approached the pool area with our insulated Yeti cups, we were quickly told they had to be placed away from the pool. We completely understand but were left wondering why certain rules were being enforced and others not. We were disappointed that there was very loud club music being played. This made it impossible to read or relax. Also, this area shares the smoking section so if you wanted a drink, you were forced over to the smoke filled area to get it.

We visited the casino but quickly noticed that the AC was not working in that area. It was extremely hot. Also, the AC is not working in the elevators, near the elevator or in some of the hallways. Awful odors throughout the ship.

I can look past most things but what I find to be completely unacceptable is unsanitary conditions. We had learned of the recent failed CDC inspection AFTER we had booked and paid for our trip. We stumbled across this information while searching online for information about MSC cruise lines. Of course we were concerned but we both thought that the ship was being closely watched and would have cleaned up the issues that were found.

Our cabin had a half empty water bottle in it from previous guests. The carpets had not been vacuumed and were stained. The air filter cover was falling off the wall which exposed a disgusting unchanged air filter. The couch was stained and dirty. There was duct tape above our sliding glass door. The balcony floor was black with dirt. The thin and worn towels had brown stains on them. The bathroom tub had black mold and rust on it.

The pool area was filthy. The furniture, floors had dirt and mold. The tables that we are supposed to eat on had mold on them. The carpets inside were disgusting. The elevators were dirty. My sister slipped on the floor mold by the pool. My concern is if this is what your customer are allowed to see, how clean are the kitchens or behind the bars.

I have attached some images that I took this past weekend. I have more photos available as they would not all upload. These are completely unacceptable and I feel this needs to be addressed immediately. This is a health and safety concern. As the pictures speak for themselves, I feel I have covered enough to address these serious concerns.

We were very disappointed in your cruise line and are quite shocked that this ship has not been shut down for some serious deep cleaning.

We did NOT get the cruise we were expecting or is as advertised by MSC.

I look forward to your response.

Desired outcome: Refund

11:33 am EDT

MSC Cruises Allergy options

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just returned from a cruise with seven of my family on the Mediterrain on your newest ship World Europa.

The cruise ship itself was very luxurious and had lots of very beautiful features, but for me having a diagnosis of coeliac disease, the food experience which is a huge part of cruising was a very disappointing experience.

Gluten free food options were very poor in spite of the ship having its own GF kitchen.

I was told ony to eat in the main restaurant which closed at 9.30 every morning and was generally closed for lunch after returning from day trips.

My family or I didnt want to eat in the formal restaurant for breakfast or lunch, wanting to grab a quick breakfast before heading on day trips. Our experience in the main restaurant was that the service was appallingly slow, we even missed our 10.30 shows two nights, so slow was the service. Therefore this was not an option for us for breakfast. It was always closed when we returned from day trips so I was apparantly left with no option to eat anywhere!

None of the food was labelled with allergins in you buffet. This is a very simple thing to do and is available in almost all buffet restaurants across Europe now. If the food had been labelled, I could easily have known what I could eat. It would have been my choice then to decide whether I wanted to eat it or not.

There were no gluten free pizzas or burgers available.

Worst of all there were no desserts available anywhere on the ship!

Even in The main restaurant every night of our 7 night cruise, the only option for dessert on the menu was fruit plate or cheese selection.

When I questioned this I did get a slice of GF cake, but I got exactly the same cake for the 7 nights!

This is not acceptable at all. The ship has a GF kitchen, which could have made several different GF desserts if they were bothered eg roulade, pavola, almond desserts, brownies, pannacotta, creme brulee etc, etc.

Ice cream was available on the ship but only to purchase.

I spoke to three different receptionists on different days about this and they all completely brushed me off, and were actually very rude to me. I suggested tht since there was no dessert availabe to me for any meal ( while my seven guests ate cake, pastries, dessets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, having a huge range available for them) that as a small gesture I should be given one voucher a day for a gelato icecream or whipped ice cream. All they all said it was not possible.

Of coarse it was possible, it was a very simple thing to organise and would have been a gesture on their part which I can only presume will be a problem you overcome in the very near future. They kept saying I could buy as much icecream as I liked!

Why should I have had to buy my dessert? I paid the same price for my cruise as my seven guests. I filled in a special needs medical form prior to cruising, and there were several other coeliacs on board at the time so why was no effort made to offer us anything ?

In the Dolce Vito bar they had GF snacks available directly behind the fabulous array of pastries.

When I asked for a small packet of GF cookies, I was asked to pay for them. This was outrageous. Everyone else could freely eat as many pastries as possible. and I was again being asked to pay for a small packet of GF cookies.

Was this fair?

I have cruised several times before on MSC Cruises and never had this problem.

I look forward to your responce.

You can contact me by reply email or by phone [protected]

Yours Sincerely,

Patricia McKay

Desired outcomes ( they don't fit below)

1.All food in buffet to be labelled for allergins

3.GF desserts to be made available in buffet restaurant, the same as for everyone else.

4. Gluten Free snacks to be available free of charge in bars or other areas where pastries or goodies are available to everyone else.

5. voucher for one icecream a day to be given to coeliacs if desserts or snacks are not available in buffet restaurant or other bars.

6. Gluten free pizza and burgers to be made available as snacks during the day and evening as is available to oher guests.

Please respond with your forthcoming plans to the suggestions I have put forward.

Desired outcome: see above

4:59 pm EDT

MSC Cruises Monetary compensation

Booking ID: [protected]

Stateroom Number: 8238

Ship and Sail Date: MSC Armonia on Jun 03, 2023

I am filling an official complaint in regards to the above mentioned trip, and three staterooms I purchased. We for half way across the world to spend a day and a half in Mykonos, Greece. Upon our arrival the captain Paused out side the island for 30 minutes and left Because of “wind.” Although there were Other cruise ships who were able to safely tender their guests ashore. The destination was not replaced by an alternative port. When inquiring with staff this was the first time a captain had left the port of Mykonos, Greece. We cannot regain this experience! We paid for port charges and destinations which weren’t fulfilled. Additionally the ship is understaffed, the staff is overwhelmed and unfriendly. The servers and bar tenders work against one another. We purchased drink packages, but trying to get a drink was a nightmare! The cabins need to be deep cleaned, vacuumed under the beds, and the port Windows were filled with dead bugs. Everyday I went in search of pool towels as they were not replaced. There were permanent unremovable hands prints on our bath room wall, which the staff could not remove. The food on this ship is terrible! Usually a highlight of a cruise is good dining experience, the staff is overwhelmed and not friendly. I had to constantly ask for more wine. The pasta and risotto were undercooked and flavorless every day. The fish dishes were fishy and not fresh. The head chef needs to address the poor quality food. I have been on over 14 cruises, with 5 different companies.. MSC does not measure up! Typically cruise staff is accommodating and friendly And we give additional and substantial gratuity to compensate. Not this staff! Although I do believe it if not their fault but rather upper management. A server told me they were treated “like crap!” In the salon a worker said this was “The worst ship they have ever worked on!” And confirmed the poor quality of food aboard the ship. I am embarrassed to have take my family, on our 30th Anniversary trip, and apologized everyday for the low quality we endured for 7 days! I expect a full refund if the 3 cabins purchased, so we have the opportunity to redo our plans.

Please respond within five business days. I will be following up with MSC directors in the corporate offices until this matter in resolved appropriately.

11:22 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises Gluten free food options on board msc world europa

Dear Sir/Madam,

There were no gluten free pizzas or burgers available.

Worst of all there were no desserts available anywhere on the ship!

Ice cream was available on the ship but only to purchase.

Was this fair?

I have cruised several times before on MSC Cruises and never had this problem.

I look forward to your responce.

You can contact me by reply email or by phone [protected]

Yours Sincerely,

Patricia McKay

Desired outcomes ( they don't fit below)

1.All food in buffet to be labelled for allergins

Desired outcome: 1.All food in buffet to be labelled for allergins2.Choice of GF dessert at dinner in main restaurant every night to be listed on menu, the same as on regular menues for everyone else. see above for the rest of suggestions

View 0 more photos
6:09 am EDT

MSC Cruises Billing issues

Hello together,

I have some questions regarding the billing for the Ship: MSC World Europa.

I have no explanation why a large amount of money was taken from my account. I'm sure that my costs weren't so high. I need some explanation. Booking number : [protected], name Mihail Alexander Piturlea. Until now I didn't receive any invoice to see exactly why the amount of money was taken from my account.

Thanks

H
1:22 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises Refund of incorrect tickets books by msc cruise agent

1. On February 2nd, 2023 I called MSC cruises to book two cabins for a 7 day cruise on February 18th to 26th 2023 from Martinique.

2. The agent kept me on the line while she booked an impossible date which she said she found and I gave her my master card which she charged in full in the amount of $2,564.56 ($1,282.28 per cabin).

3. She then sent me the confirmation tickets issued [protected] & [protected] via email and on checking I saw the dates were from February 11th to 18th, 2023 not February 18th to the 26th. I told her immediately and she profusely apologized when she saw the error she had made and said she would cancel the tickets and have my card credited instantly since her mistake was realized immediately and the card was charged 10 minutes before.

4. We booked another cruise online MSCCRUISES leaving from Guadeloupe on February 19th ticket # [protected] and paid for that online and went on that cruise.

5. The charge for both cruises were on my master card at the end of February.

6. March 1st, 2023 I sent an email enquiring about the refund . The response was she sent an email to her leadership team to have them reach out to accounting and email me back.

7. On March 6th sent another email asking if she had any news. No response

8. On March 26th I sent another email advising that the refund was not yet on my credit card and to please advise the status of the refund. No response

9. On March 29th I sent another email requesting status of the refund and got a response that the refund would take up to 2 billing cycles to be processed depending on my banking institution.

10. On April 17th I sent another email to the agent requesting information on the refund and advising that it has been 2 billing cycles already especially since the error was realized within 10 minutes of the transaction. Received a response advising that it will be checked with accounts again. No further response.

11. On May 2nd I sent another email requesting an update with no response.

Desired outcome: I would like to be refunded for the incorrect tickets booked by an agent of MSC Cruises as it was no fault of mine own.

View 0 more photos
W

MSC Cruises This is a familiar story - unfortunately

This is a familiar story - unfortunately. DON'T CRUISE WITH MSC. Unless you happen to get lucky and don't have any issues with anything, their customer service is appalling. I have been fighting with them for 9 months now after my cruise was cancelled due to the pandemic, and I am not getting anywhere. I had opted for the future cruise credit, but I can't even use it to reschedule a future cruise. When I try to escalate my issue, I'm told to email them. When I email them, I'm told to call. I am an avid cruiser and have never experienced issues like this. We had multiple trips cancelled this year, and didn't have these problems with any other company. Apparently they just don't care, since they already have such a horrible rating with the Complaintsboard.com.

R. Gorczany
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Booked cruise on 5/17,booking # XXXXXXXX. Cancelled on 8/23 and was told refund would be sent 7 to 10 days. then was tolld 1 to 2 business cycles 4 different times, Msc is not an honorable outfit to do business with.

K. Christiansen

Nov/2020 purchased a Cruise MSC from Barcelona, Spain, for October 22, 2022,
9 nights, ship MSC Splendida,Via Expedia. Had option to pay monthly. Paid in full
By May/2021. October/2021 started organizing the details for the cruise. Requested
The 2 weeks off from work, I work at the airport in Fort Lauderdale and we bid 1
Year in advance for days/weeks off. Started looking at flights and add-ons to the
Cruise. Receive notification from Credit Card informing a refund of $360.00 from
MSC. Contacted MSC and they would not speak to me. They informed you have to
Contac Expedia. I did, only to find out later the Cruise was canceled. At this very
Moment, there are several cruises from MSC leaving from Barcelona in Oct/2022,
Just not the ship that I was booked on. Apparently, they were transferred to another
Port. Expedia and MSC has my contact information. I have booked in the past with
Expedia, have the app, and they send emails, text msgs, etc. I did not receive any
Information at all regarding the cancellation of the cruise. They did not offer anything
As far as an option to travel on a different ship, different date, or anything.
This is sad, and worst if I let this go without a fight. People should now about
This. This is not a review, this is how big companies do anything they want and
Get away with it, because nobody really gives. State Attorney, etc.

L. Gaylord
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We booked a cruise with MSC and the service the service was not provided, since the boarding was denied to the MSC DIVINA CRUISE, because my relatives were not residents of the United States, but they had their passports and visas. The MSC Cruise Line accepted the error of not having informed in advance about the new regulations and for having made the sale, reservation and Check-In It is important to mention that MSC CRUISES had prior knowledge that the travelers were not residents of the United States and agreed to continue with the process and assignment of Staterooms, The breach of MSC CRUISES caused economic and moral damages to all members of my family, which materialize in payment of hotel, international flight, transportation and others. I have been waiting for a call for a representative and nobody calls back. The money has not been returned. I would not recommend this cruise line. Customer services has never been able to give us an answer. We are waiting since October . Worse Experience Ever!

E. Corkery
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

There should be a rating for ZERO. MSC doesn't understand customer service and will do nothing to help. I had to disembark between two back-2-back sailings because my husband had to have emergency heart surgery. While I fully understood them keeping the money for the cruise, I believe it was illegal to keep my PORT FEES and TAXES. They should not be able to keep my port fees when I wasn't even on the cruise in any ports. I don't think they can legally keep the taxes as well that I paid for the cruise. I have complained to everyone from the CEO on down and they won't even pay me the decency of a response. No letter, no phone, not even a measly credit on a future cruise. That was the 2nd to last cruise I took with them on the Mergavilia. On the last cruise my bathroom cabin had no hot water in the shower. It took them an entire day to figure out that they didn't have a parts to fix it so if I wanted to take a shower during the cruise I would have to move to a different room that was a downgrade from what I had. I spent the majority of one of my precious vacation days following a guy from Customer Service (a great misnomer for MSC) around the ship trying to find a room that was suitable and the same value as the one I had to leave. They still owe me for this one. They won't. They never will.

P

MSC Cruises Our cruise scheduled for March 14 on the MSC Seaside was cancelled

Our cruise scheduled for March 14 on the MSC Seaside was cancelled. We finally requested a full refund on July 6 after MSC failed to provide a promised "Future Cruise Credit (FCC)" voucher. MSC committed to the full refund within "60 days". Not "60 business days" like we've been told on a couple of occasions. We did receive an approximately 30 percent refund on August 11, which represents "port fees and taxes" prepaid at time of booking. We are still awaiting the remaining 70 percent of our refund after more than 90 days and more than 65 business days. Beyond the refund, we have been promised "call backs" and other follow-up actions. MSC has never delivered on any of these promises including the FCC. They are not to be trusted and should be avoided.

L. Smith
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please DO NOT SAIL with MSC! We need to ensure their unfair practices and extremely poor customers service is addressed IMMEDIATELY! Where should I start? Well was overpriced for their drink package while others on board received the correct pricing. Was overcharged for spa services when other guest would get the priced advertised. Felt during the entire sail that we were treated unfairly and discriminatory! Oh and when we complained to guest service they advise they could not do anything but to please call customer service once on land and they would be able to get us the credits owed. Well that was again another deceitful practice cause I have spent the last two days with their customer service agents and NOT ONE has been helpful and what is even more concerning they will not allow me to speak to a supervisor. At this point I will have to file a claim with my CC. But please save yourself the heartache of going through their unfair practices and do not sail MSC. SAD!

V
V
V. Pollich
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We have not - and now never will - actually go on a cruise with MSC Cruises... We were told when we cancelled our 16 day Transatlantic MSC cruise in September that we would receive a full refund within 45 days. Each time our agent followed up with the cruise line after that period had expired we got told a different story. We have finally decided to have our credit card company dispute the charge. And we continue to wait to see if we will get the money back Save yourself the hassle... choose a different cruise line!

K. Smitham
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC charges us along $500 every time we wanted to make a change. We even added a new room to our reservation and they charged me a "$500 cancellation fee" even though I did not cancel anything. When I was speaking to them (after waiting on hold for one hour) I realize that the fee for my cruise had gone down. I asked if they would match that price and they said that they would have to cancel my current cruise and rebook and that would be a $500 cancelation fee.

I asked to speak with a manager several times on my 45 call and when I finally demanded a manger I was asked for my phone number and they would call me back immediately - that was over an hour ago. I am now waiting on hold and will ask for a manager was soon as someone answers.

We were trying this cruiseline out but will not - even though they have almost $1000 that we have already paid!

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FEE CHARGES!

J. Dibbert
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises is trying to avoid refunding me my money for a cruise that our family never took, a woman by the name "***" initially told me back on August 11 that I would be receiving my refund within 1-2 billing cycles, which never happened, so I called later and spoke with a "*** on October 28 and also said it was barely being approved, so expect a check in the mail within 1-2 billing cycles again, and hasn't happened, every week I call, just to get the same response that she's not available, so today November 24 I was told by an agent of MSC, that they are instructed by MSC to literally lie to customers and keep telling them that it take two billing cycles, when in reality it can take up to a year! It's been a complete nightmare from the word go with this Cruise Line they lie to customers, and have no remorse whatsoever, this situation has caused us imotional distress, family struggles, and so on...unimaginable with them!

MSC Cruises We booked a cruise with MSC in November for a cruise in April

We booked a cruise with MSC in November for a cruise in April. All cruises were canceled due to COVID and they offered either a full refund or future cruise credit. We filled out the online form to get the full refund. They told us it would take 14 days, then 60, then 90. It's been over 4 months waiting for the refund.
We have the credit card fighting them, Complaintsboard.com, and all we ever hear is "we are working on it". They haven't even given our money back for the prepaid excursions. It's been a total nightmare with them! I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! I have wasted hours of my life with customer service. Total ***, they sent a copy of the refund policy to my credit card to get out of the refund. However, THEY canceled the cruise, not us! Horrible experience!

Read full review of MSC Cruises and 3 comments
3 comments
T. Bogan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If I could give them 0 I'll do. I booked my cruise for November 20 in August and paid in full. Now I received an email from them with a cancelation notice. I call them and the agent was so rude and no helpful at all. So now I have no cruise and they want me to pay again but the refund its gonna take 60 to 90 business days. Dont go with MSC. Pay a little more and cruise with Royal Caribbean or Norwegian Cruise Line. They are the best for something

M. Stroman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

we booked a cruise with msc on 12/11 for 09/04. they cancelled the cruise and said we could get our money back or rebook. We chose to recieve a refund do to scheduling. they sent $300. $308.44 $196. They still owe $202.00 I have called on july 28th at 9:03am spoke to *** on july 30th spoke to *** on August 18th spoke to *** on September 27th spoke to *** and today October 15th spoke to Ayele . All i get as a responce is that they are working on it.
When I asked to speak to a supervisor I'm told there is no phone for that department. How can I get my money back. I was very prompt in paying for my cruise. I would advise people to BEWARE!

J. Bahringer
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Our third MSC cruise with this company and last one, we have over 12 cruises with Disney, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and all those were much better of msc cruises, our last October 14th, Divina where they charged us $80 per person for the Covid19 test even with our vaccination record cards, after we did msc *** August 20th, AND we took that same covid19 test at port of Miami and never charged anything for it.
On 8/14 at port Canaveral the terminal staff were HORRIBLE with documents check and ATTITUDE with questions and arguments about this or that, NEVER anymore with this msc cruises and Yes we will let everyone anywhere know about it and how BAD your cruises are with food and more.

MSC Cruises Pending refund will take MSC 90 days to process

Pending refund will take MSC 90 days to process. So be aware of this if you are trying to cancel your MSC future cruise that you already prepaid. As a banker, I know they can do a simple ACH credit in 30 seconds and it will show up on your credit card statement within 72 hours. This delayed ploy they are undertaking is simply to hold onto funds in their own bank account for financial reasons and for their investors. Their weak excuse provided by their CS is to put the blame on the customers bank as to why it takes to long. Don't be fooled. They can simply do a credit within a few seconds if they choose to. I have seen this tactic used in other customer related businesses and I am not shocked to see MSC using this ploy as well. Buyer be ware. If you need to cancel be patient for your credit and hopefully you'll have it before Christmas.

M. Casper
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I waited 45 minutes on hold just to speak to an incredibly rude woman who asked me a question and when I answered she said excuse me are you listening or do you not want to hear me. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me. My refund for a cruise that was cancelled due to covid one month before departure date is still not in my account two months later. They offer no customer service regarding the matter and I am stuck with no information.

E. Heller
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I booked 2 cruises in MSC and they had to be cancelled do to COVID-19. I requested a refund in July and we are in September and they are still telling me I have to start the process again. This people are trying to hold on to the money as long as possible. They tell you that is 100 percent refund if you have COVID but then they don't return your money. I am very unhappy with this cruise line which I have used before but not sure I will ever use them again.

J. Quitzon
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We booked a family cruise MSC meraviglia departing oct 9. 7 cabins in the yacht club. We just received an email stating our reservations have been cancelled because of challenges with some passengers getting insurance coming from Canada? They send this 30 days before we leave when all flights are booked etc and they send it at 5pm on a Friday of a long week end so there is no way to even call. Basically it was sorry about that and we will give you 200$? Absolutely the most unprofessional way to deal with this. My husband and I paid for this cruise for the entire family and now we are left with no answers and approx $35,000 at risk? Just horrible and it honestly ruined our week end . I'm glad they get to enjoy theirs .

A. Gutkowski
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cruise cancelled due to covid, said they will issue a full refund if we call on 7/28 7/28 - called for refund, was told we would receive it in August 8/13 - $300 out of $4,258 refunded 8/24 - called to confirm, said the rest of the $3,958 will be refunded beginning of September 9/15 - rep told us we will receive our refund no later than 9/24 10/6 - Still no refund, they don't answer their phone anymore. If you want to get in contact with them faster, go through the prompts that has the option to buy something they probably since blacklisted my numbers.

MSC Cruises I had been on an MSC cruise a few years ago, Yacht Club

I had been on an MSC cruise a few years ago, Yacht Club. It was so amazing, I got 3 friends to book a 55th birthday cruise for June 27-July 4 on the Seaside. Cruise was paid in full, Aug of 2019. Cruise was canceled on May 12,2020 . I chose the refund option and received emails that the refund would be processed in 90 days. 5 months later, I got an email saying my refund was processed on Oct 2, 2020 and to allow 1 to 2 billing cycles. On May 12,2021, it has been 1 YEAR since my cruise was canceled and I still hv not received a refund. I hv filed 3 disputes with Citi Card but they won't give me the refund bc the response from MSC is always that a refund has been issued. I think MSC executives have been living off of our money for a year and this info that refunds have been issued is a bunch of ***. I am so upset. I am owed 1814.25 . NOT OK.

MSC Cruises MSC charges us along $500 every time we wanted to make a change

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FEE CHARGES!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises MSC Cruises is trying to avoid refunding me my money for a cruise that our family never took, a woman by the name "***" initially told me

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises Please DO NOT SAIL with MSC!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises We booked a cruise with MSC and the service the service was not provided, since the boarding was denied to the MSC DIVINA CRUISE, because my

S

MSC Cruises My family had booked 2 rooms for a March 28th cruise

My family had booked 2 rooms for a March 28th cruise. Both were paid in full. Cruise was canceled on March 11th due to Covid. We filed the paperwork with MSC for a refund on March 11th and received the verification number. We were told that we would be refunded within 60 days. We waited 90 days, then started called MSC as well as sending emails. We always received the same story, that the claims are being escalated and should be received soon. Now its been 8 months and still now refunds, plus credit card company can't assist at this point since so much time has elapsed. Fast forward to October 26th, and we have 2 more additional MSC cruises that were canceled and we requested refunds 58 days ago. So its not quite 60 days yet, however I dont have much faith that we will be getting this refund either. We cruise 5 to 6 times a year with various cruiselines, so we had several canceled cruises. We have received prompt easy refunds from every other company. MSC is the exception, and we are past guests and Diamond members with them.

MSC Cruises My Cruise was canceled due to COVID-19

My Cruise was canceled due to COVID-19. I requested a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) in the month of March . It is October and it has been 7 months since we have received any news or updates from MSC. I have practically called the cruise line 3-4 times a week since March and we have been told "we are working on it" and "we will escalate your case." I simply do not understand what they are working on or what they are escalating? And, what the hold up is? I am very offended at this point by this company and having traveled twice with them I am very disappointed they have not met my most basic expectations this time around. This company is a mess and they are stealing people's money to put it in simple terms. It does not surprise me that they have an "F" rating in the Complaintsboard.com. I am growing frustrated against this cruise line and their lack of communication and response. I was even told at one point by an agent "sorry there is nothing we can do." The lack of response is outrageous. I will never travel or book a cruise with MSC ever again.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises I booked a cruise with MSC pre Co-vid, upon my cruise being cancelled I was directed to fill out am online form for a refund

I booked a cruise with MSC pre Co-vid, upon my cruise being cancelled I was directed to fill out am online form for a refund. Since that time which was over 70 days ago, there has been zero communication from MSC on where my refund is. I was told to wait 60 days, then after 60 days I called and was told I should of received my refund. Which I of course agreed with them on, I SHOULD have received my refund but still had not. At this time they said they would submit another email to see what was happening but that was all they could do but I would hear back within a few days. A week later nothing, so I called back again and received zero help besides what at this point seems like the only answer they can give which is continue to wait. I kept asking for some type of help or real answer and the only thing that happened was she put me on hold for ten minutes, then hung up on me. WOW. Just so everyone knows, I had two spring cruises scheduled. One by our normal go to Royal Caribbean, and one at MSC which we wanted to give a chance to. Royal Caribbean took 27 days to issue a full refund, with an apology for the delay and a discount on future cruises. And then the nightmare that is MSC, no integrity, no customer service, no future business from me or anyone I know.

MSC Cruises In-depth Review

Overview:

MSC Cruises is a renowned cruise line that offers a wide range of exciting and luxurious experiences for travelers. With a rich company history and a commitment to providing exceptional service, MSC Cruises stands out as a top choice for those seeking a memorable vacation at sea.

Destinations and Itineraries:

MSC Cruises covers a diverse range of destinations, including the Mediterranean, Caribbean, and Northern Europe. Whether you're looking to explore ancient ruins, relax on pristine beaches, or immerse yourself in vibrant cultures, MSC Cruises has an itinerary to suit your preferences. Each destination is carefully selected, with ports of call offering popular attractions and unique experiences.

Fleet and Accommodation:

MSC Cruises boasts a modern and impressive fleet of ships, each designed to provide comfort and luxury. From cozy cabins to spacious suites, there are accommodation options to cater to every traveler's needs. Onboard, guests can enjoy a variety of amenities and facilities, including world-class restaurants, stylish bars, refreshing pools, and rejuvenating spas.

Onboard Experience:

Entertainment options abound on MSC Cruises, with live shows, casinos, and clubs offering endless excitement. For those seeking more active pursuits, there are numerous activities and recreational facilities available, such as sports areas and fitness centers. Dining options are diverse and offer culinary experiences that cater to all tastes.

Service and Staff:

MSC Cruises prides itself on providing exceptional customer service. The staff is known for their friendliness, professionalism, and dedication to ensuring a memorable experience for every guest. With multilingual capabilities and cultural sensitivity, MSC Cruises strives to make all passengers feel welcome and comfortable.

Pricing and Packages:

MSC Cruises offers a transparent pricing structure, providing value for money with their cruise packages. Inclusions and exclusions are clearly outlined, allowing travelers to make informed decisions. Special offers, discounts, and loyalty programs are available, providing additional benefits and savings for repeat customers.

Safety and Security:

MSC Cruises prioritizes the safety and security of its passengers. Stringent safety measures and protocols are in place onboard, ensuring a worry-free experience. The company is well-prepared for emergencies and has robust response procedures. In light of COVID-19, MSC Cruises has implemented enhanced health and hygiene standards to protect the well-being of all guests.

Customer Reviews and Satisfaction:

Customer reviews and ratings reflect high levels of satisfaction with MSC Cruises. Guests appreciate the exceptional service, luxurious accommodations, and diverse range of activities and entertainment options. While there may be areas for improvement, overall, MSC Cruises receives positive feedback for its commitment to providing an unforgettable vacation experience.

Environmental Responsibility:

MSC Cruises is dedicated to sustainability and environmental conservation. The company actively implements initiatives and practices to minimize its ecological footprint, ensuring that future generations can also enjoy the beauty of the seas. MSC Cruises collaborates with environmental organizations and holds certifications that demonstrate its commitment to protecting the environment.

Accessibility and Inclusivity:

MSC Cruises strives to be inclusive and accessible to all passengers. The cruise line offers a range of accessibility features for individuals with disabilities or special needs, ensuring that everyone can enjoy their vacation comfortably. Additionally, MSC Cruises supports diverse demographics, including families, solo travelers, and LGBTQ+ passengers, creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.

Booking and Reservation Process:

Booking a cruise with MSC Cruises is a seamless process, whether through their user-friendly website or other channels. The reservation process provides clear and comprehensive information, allowing travelers to make informed decisions. The company offers flexibility and transparency in terms of cancellation and refund policies, ensuring peace of mind for customers.

Conclusion:

MSC Cruises stands out as a top choice for travelers seeking a luxurious and memorable cruise experience. With its diverse range of destinations, exceptional service, and commitment to sustainability, MSC Cruises offers something for everyone. Whether you're a family, a solo traveler, or part of the LGBTQ+ community, MSC Cruises provides a welcoming and inclusive environment. While there may be areas for improvement, overall, MSC Cruises is highly recommended for those looking to embark on an unforgettable journey at sea.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact MSC Cruises customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with MSC Cruises?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MSC Cruises Customer Service. Initial MSC Cruises complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MSC Cruises above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MSC Cruises. Discuss the issues you have had with MSC Cruises and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.