Having problems with Mr. Tire?

Mr. Tire reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 26, 2008. The latest review Brake was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint Job environment was resolved on Aug 17, 2019. Mr. Tire has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 136 reviews. Mr. Tire has resolved 48 complaints.

Mr. Tire Customer Service Contacts

200 Holleder Pkwy
Rochester, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mr. Tire Customer Service. Initial Mr. Tire complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mr. Tire above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mr. Tire. Discuss the issues you have had with Mr. Tire and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mr. Tire Complaints & Reviews

Mr Tirerim excessive charges

february 3rd 2010, i walked in with a bent rim. i really dont know what was done, but all i know it cost me over 500 dollars. and i feel i was taken advantage because im a middle age women. i know as well as you do times are tough to keep your business running you have to get work. i think i was charge way too much. im hoping that i dont have to change service places because i like the enviroment there and the friendliness of the employess. unfortunatly all the work done i should have got a new tire for the money i piad. im hoping we can resolve this problem as soon as possible.

sincerely yours

deborah ruth walk

phone number - [protected]

Mr. Tirefollowing cust. intructions

They are horrible. I went in for a tranmission flush, basic oil change and 3 wiper blades and the bill was $229.30. I was quoted a price of $99.00 for a flush (had a coupon), $10.00 per basic wiper blades and $19.99 for an oil change. The decided to tried to charge me $119.00 for the flush. They decieded to put an upgraded wiper blade on the car that cost $18.00 a priece and they forgot to tell me that it cost $10.00 a piece in labor. Also they charged me $29.99 for the oil change, not the quoted price!!! Also they state they need to add an extra quart of oil the supposedly cost $3.00. Also a shop fee of $25.00.

Are they stupid!!! I wouldm't pay the full cost also if you look on ther website they match prices. I am going to find low cost everything and get a refund.

Watch out for them they like to add stuff and have hidden costs. Also they are over billing for labor, which they neglect to tell you there $90.00 and hour labor rate when you make an appointment.

They are ### and everyone who has ever gone to them shoudl report them to the BBB, Better Business Bureau I am.

MR. TIRE - Reisterstown — rude staff

I brought my vehicle for oil change to this car service center. Guess what? They yanked out my vehicle'...

Mr. Tire — vehicle damage

Mr Tire in Bel Air MDcar damage

What a nightmare! I'm taking the time to write this review to save others from having to deal with a major hassle like I am still dealing with. Mr. Tire should not be in business! All I wanted was four new tires. After taking 6 hrs to remove old tires and put new tires on my Subaru, they told me my car was out of alignment plus $1, 700 more work was needed - one of which was that my oil was low and filthy dirty. I had just had an oil change. (I checked it the next day and my oil was fine). I told them all I wanted were the 4 new tires and an alignment done (they always get you with that). I told them I did not authorize a 27-point inspection on my car. My car was pulling to the right. Took it back. They re-aligned it. Still pulling to the right. Took it back. They switched the front tires. Car pulling to the left. They knew it was going to do that so they tried off-setting the pull by tilting my steering wheel to the right and putting 44 psi in one of my tires (my tires are 32/29 psi). They said must be a bad tire. For about 2 weeks, the people at Mr. Tire talked to me like I was the stupidest person ever born. One of them even said to me "You get what you pay for." I wonder if they treat all women like they are idiots. The next week my new tire arrived and I went back for them to put it on. They had my car on the lift wrong and bent both rear trailing arms. (I watched the left side of my car drop). They couldn't get it aligned (of course) and tried finagling the alignment numbers. They wanted me to drive my car like that for a week saying it had to settle in! My all-wheel drive Subaru was wiggling all over the road like driving in a hurricane! I talked to the Area Manager, Rudy, and he said my car was safe to drive unless the wheels were falling off and hung up on me. Took my car to Firestone and realized Mr. Tire lost my wheel lock. Firestone informed me that if kept driving my car damaged like that, I would have damaged the rear differential and possibly transmission. After waiting weeks for parts from the dealership, Firestone fixed my car and had it aligned. Firestone was a savior, but I'm still having a pull to the right which means I have to still deal with dreadful Mr. Tire. It has been over a month since I purchased 4 new tires and I still do not have 4 good working tires. I'm looking for another Mr. Tire in the area that doesn't have bad reviews and it's very hard to find one... Spare yourself major hassle and headache - avoid Mr. Tire at all costs!

• Ac
          acnrepkatie Mar 25, 2010

They treated me like i was an idoit as well this is my complaint i had at mr tire in bel air ...

On March 20th I dropped my 2006 Altima (which i just purchased in sept 2009) at Mr. Tire for a simple oil change and myself my daughter and a friend of mine went two doors down to get food while we waited. It didnt take very long for them to call me to tell me it was done. So i drive home everything is great for the next two days until the 23rd I had thought i seen a leak on the street where i park but couldnt tell. I am a 22yr old female and I do not know very much about cars at all so i did not think much of the little spot i had seen. The next morning on the 24th i drove only about a mile down the road to hear horrible noises coming from my engine like a gurgling rattling sound. I wasnt sure what to do so i was going to just drive straight to my dealership and have them look at it, since i figured Mr Tire didnt do something right. As i was about to be on my way there my engine just completely cut off and all the lights came on and my car just started rolling backwards and would not cut on at all. Once i had my car towed to my dealership the looked at it and said there was no drain plug for the oil they must not have screwed it on all the way and it must have fallen off today. They also said my engine had locked up and now i need a entire new engine!!! All i wanted was an oil change and now i need an ENGINE!!! I am working through a lawyer now and i believe all Mr Tire service centers need to be shut down! DO NOT GO THERE EVER!!! This is a nightmare for me i never would dream of something like this happening jus from a oil change!

Mr. Tire Auto Centerdeceptive pricing practice

I went in to the Mr. Tire Center in Columbia MD to get two front tires on my wife's CRV. We're trading the car in the spring so I didn't want to spend alot. The salesperson found tires that fit my needs in both price and quality. At no time did we discuss or did he even mention any other service. Yes, I did sign the paper he gave me to sign, no I didn't read it. He said ok, sign here at the X, and I did. When I returned to pick up my car I had been charged for a front-end alignment, $89.99. I didn't really need the alignment. The car doesn't pull and there was no uneven tire wear on the old tires. I complained to the manager and he didn't seem to care. I agreed to pay and gave him my credit card, telling him in no uncertian terms that I would never shop at Mr. Tire and ain and I would make sure I spread the word about their way of doing business. Finally, when the discussion got a little loud and other customers started to notice he agreed to take the $89.00 charge off of my bill. Fine, fair enough, finally professionally handled.
        When I got home and had a close look at my bill I found that in addition to the so called 'on the rim and out the door' price I was charaged an "Road Hazard Coverage" charge of $10.26 per tire. Again, this was never mentioned by the salesperson. It just turned up on my bill. If I wasn't trading the car in March I might have purchased this insurance. But I was never asked, never given the option. I think these deceptive practices were intentional. I am so done with Mr. Tire. I e-mailed the corporate office but I doubt I'll hear from them. I remember the old adage, "A satisfied customer may tell one person, but a dissatisfied customer will tell five." Every time I hear the Mr. Tire commercial saying 'on the rim and out the door' it wil remind me to keep telling my Mr. Tire experienc.

Mr Tire — warranty tire repair

I went into the Erdman Ave Store in Baltimore, MD on 12/26/2009 at 5:00 pm to have a tire repaired; the rep...

Mr Tirebrakes

I went in to get the front brake pads replaced. I noticed a loud squealing noise coming from the front brakes, and my brake lights keep coming on. This is after they supposedly did my brake work. I took the car back the greased the brakes and resurfaced the rotors. I left the car was still doing the same. I took it somewhere to see what the problem was and got an estimate. Since the brakes are warrantied I went back to Mr Tire, and the manager seemed like I was a bother to him and I didn't know what I was talking about. And the young kid working on my car thought it was funny and he was very lazy. Needless to say my brakes are still squealing and my brake lights are on. I want my money back and dont recommend Mr Tire.

Mr Tireengine ruined

On march 7th 2009 I took my 2003 Cheverolet Impala into a Mr Tire location in New Castle De. to get 4 new tires and a front end alignment. I have been using them for years and never had a problem until now...I bought this car brand new and it has never had even 1 problem the whole time I have owned it...this was the first time I was having any real work done on the car, and this was only to get new tires and an alignment...while my car was in their shop they looked for other things that could possibly be wrong...so they could try to make more money as any mechanic will try to do...they checked my belts, hoses, fluids ect and gave me advice on what to have done...any way after I paid $443.43 for my tires and alignment, I left to go home...on my way home my car mysteriously overheated and damaged my cylinder heads...when I called them and asked them what they did to my car, they denied doing anything...From what I can summize, is they did a pressure check on my coolant system and put air into my engine. Then they forgot to bleed the air out and caused my engine to overheat...now I have to pay $1, 553.00 to fix my engine because of their error...I contacted the shop, their rude customer service people and wrote a letter to the President of the company with no luck on them fixing their mistake...DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLES TO MR TIRE FOR ANYTHING...THE PARENT COMPANY IS MONROE MUFFLER INC...DON'T USE THEM EITHER...MAKE SURE YOU STEER CLEAR UNLESS YOU WANT To BREAK DOWN AFTERWARDS>>>>>

Johnny5e Aug 30, 2009

On a lighter note: MARK YOUR TIRES before having them rotated under the "lifetime rotation" policy at Mr Tire. Twice now at the Riesterstown MD store they haven't been rotated when requested. In the future I am going to tell the Manager I have marked them, maybe this will avoid me wasteing my time pointing it out to them after they say it's been done.

Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers — ineffective and expensive repairs

I severely needed work on the right rear wheel bearings and recieved an estimate from the Mr. Tire cienter...

Mr. Tire — repair work

Took my truck up for a diagnostic check, because it had been running poorly. I got a call back from the...

Mr. Tire — complaint

I went into Mr. Tire on Friday morning to get a basic oil change. The guy said it would Take about 30 to 40...

Mr.Tire Auto Centers — overcharges

i had bought my son brake pads, brakekleen, brake fluid, brake grease from autozone and my son took them to...

Mr Tire — sales pressure

I bought a set of tires from Mr Tire about 8k ago. Included in the price was lifetime rotation. I went back...

Mr. Tirebad installation, 4 new tires

Mr. Tire failed to balance wheels after selling me a set of premium Perelli tires for over $500. (I bought them out of my area while traveling when I had a blowout in front of Mr. Tire in Marlboro, MD; I'll never schedule a blowout at such a place again!)
              I noticed the typical thumping of unbalanced wheels and, after arriving home (near Aberdeeen, MD). Remembering that Mr. Tire offered me free balancing in the future, I visited another Mr. Tire, this time in Aberdeen, MD. "What's the problem?, " asked the less-than-enthusiastic counterman. "I believe my new tires were installed without being balanced, " said I.
              Said Mr. Tire, "Which wheel?"
              "I don't know, but the vibration sensor in my butt tells me the right-rear is reallly thumping; but please check all four."
              No answer and an unhappy look from Mr. Mr. Tire. Reaching out his hand, he said in his victim role: "KEYS."
              Diagnosis: Mr. Mr. Tire said the right-read wheel was "really out of balance." I assumed he checked the other three (another mistake on my part).
              Finally, at my next oil change, I had all four wheels rebalanced. All four were sadly out of balance.
              Unfortunately, I had never heard of Mr. Tire before buying these tires. (The tires are very good, by the way.)
              I recommend you stay away from these people...unless you're buying unmounted tires to be installed by professionals.

jackzter Aug 13, 2011

mr tire 7500 block richie hwy glen burnie ripped me off, took car in for inspection for a scond time, that i had to pay for again, the first time they found
                  two toe rods bent i replaced them also had to change headlights i replaced them took it back and now they said
                  i have a ripped motor mount, [they had to cut it].
                  because i only drove the car to there and back to home i don't see why i could get a ripped motor mount driving less than 20 miles warning don't deal with them unless you want to get ripped off.

• So
                  soccerdad Jan 02, 2011

These people crack me up. I had my car fully serviced just months before bringing it for TIRES at Mr. Tire. They of course recommended a list of items recently just completed by my trusted (20 years) mechanic. Yesl it is a business and I agree they need to recommend "necessary" items. The problem is there are too many of these large corporate outfits (branch bonuses are based on sales totals) that recommend services that are not needed. I could put a new filter in a car and have them recommend a new one is required just two months later (my favorite is the "look at the dirty filter" gimmick). It is unfortunate for those mechanics that are honest and work hard to protect the owner's investment. Well, my wife bit on the "required" alignment gimmick (unless you bang a curb or hit a major pothole, it is unlikely you need an alignment people). Now my back end is vibrating around. I will give them one shot to fix and then pay a few bucks to my trusted mechanic to do it correctly. I think they are simply incompetent at their work.

• Jr
                  jrr Jan 15, 2009

I totally agree with you about Mr. Tire. Please do not take our car there--mechanics will play a guessing game with you and take your money. The mechanics are not qualified to do anything!

Mr. Tire — awful experience

I went to Mr. Tire for a new tire. The technician badly scraped the rim all around. At first, management...