Menu

complaints

Morrisons Complaints Summary

14 Resolved
573 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Morrisons with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Morrisons has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Morrisons. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Morrisons complaints 587

Sort by:

Newest Morrisons complaints

T
5:07 am EDT

Morrisons Cromer crab

On Thursday 30th March I purchased a Cromer Crab from your store at Rubery Birmingham in their reduced fish section from£6 to£4.50 on returning home I had the crab for lunch at approximately 12am. By 5pm I was violently sick and also had diarrhoea I went to Morrisons and complained at the fish department who stated someone else had also been ill. I’m not normally one to complain but in this instance I think it is viable, I certainly won’t be purchasing a crab reduced in future. If possible I would appreciate a refund. My address is 56 Skylark Street Cofton Hackett Worcestershire B45 8FP. Many Thanks Terry Court.

Desired outcome: Refund if possible

E
3:48 pm EDT

Morrisons Security guard

Thursday 30th March between 10.30am-10.45am - my 16 year old daughter was pulled to the side by a security guard whilst she was with friends in Morrisons Bath. The three of them were walking towards the till to pay for items when the guard asked to see inside my daughters handbag. She is not and has not ever stolen nor would ever dream of it. Once the guard looked inside her bag and saw nothing of concern he then proceeded to ask her to leave the shop…… She struggles with anxiety and has only just explained why she’s locked herself in her room the past day. This has massively affected her confidence she was starting to build. I now have a severely anxious daughter afraid to go into shops for fear of this happening…. No apology was given or reason for making leave the shop. I’m so upset this is your process for a 16 year old girl….

A very intimidating process unnecessarily by the guard in front of others bringing attention to an innocent young lady.

Luckily she was with friends to support her after, as you can imagine she was overwhelmed and emotional being subjected to an adult accusing her of something she hadn’t done…..

I advise in future you have evidence before accusing anybody of such behaviour.

2:11 pm EDT

Morrisons Security

28/03/2023 at around 6:00/6:20pm I a young mum with a baby in a buggy went into Morrisons for a daily shop and baby formula I was in Morrisons for a total of 45mins to 1 hour approximately waiting 10mins to check out at the self service I payed for the milk with my contactless card then proceeded to pay for my other food items with cash I made sure to get both receipts as proof that I have paid as for some reason the security officer on duty at the times above always seems to pull me up on same issues I leave the store no problems alarm didn’t go off everything was fine I get to where the Sutton Baptist church and I hear someone shouting so I stop turn around and see this big security officer running towards me and my 2 year old daughter shouting saying I haven’t payed for the cow and gate milk I proceeded to show him the receipt both of them of which he still tried accusing me of stealing the baby formula so I showed him my bank statement and pointed out in the receipt and the date and time which I purchased the items not only was my 2 year old daughter petrified of the situation I am publicly embarrassed and humiliated in my local area

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response and I would like you to investigate the security officer on duty as I don’t feel comfortable going into the store no more

3:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons Self checkout tills not adding promotions and staff

Hi. I recently used the self service tills at Killingworth Morrisons. I bought the usual groceries and 4 beers in the 3 for 4 offer. Scanned everything as well as my Morrisons card and the deal didn’t show. I understand the value comes off at the end once you press pay but it hasn’t. I mentioned this to the lady on the self checkout as it happened last time and I was told it’ll come off when you pay. I know this isn’t the case so contested it and got robbed off by an employee I can only imagine could care less about anyone setting foot in that store and just couldn’t be bothered to listen to me. She then said I should check my receipt once I’d paid which I did and it hadn’t been applied. She then snapped at me, huffing and telling me to go to customer services. What an excellent customer experience. This isn’t the first time I’m witnessed a ‘couldn’t be bothered’ or rude employee at that store. It’s my local one but I’ll venture elsewhere in the future. It’s a horrible customer experience visiting there. Some of the staff are lovely but the self check out ladies just look stick of their lives and take it out on customers.

Desired outcome: No outcome. There was a large queue at CS and only one employee working and I had to get home for the family. Not resolved.

10:23 am EDT

Morrisons Security guard

Good afternoon

I was in your Helensburgh supermarket this morning the 23rd of March at 10.30am and at the counter I saw my son and unbeknown to your security guard the circumstances as to why my son was there, he took it upon himself to approach me and give me a lecture about the school children being in the shop and that I should sternly speak to my son and also to contact other parents and warn them of their children being in there, I was with my work colleagues who witnessed the incident as well as other customers and were in absolute shocked at the way I was spoken to this continued as I was leaving your store. I have been shopping on your store from day one of you opening and I have never experienced anything like that from any staff member let alone a security guard.

L
9:21 am EDT

Morrisons Morrisons wrap/ rice box station

Hi

I think it it terrible that every time I have been to purchase a wrap from your wrap fast food section they have no lettuce and no hot chilli sauce this has happened 4 maybe 5 times now that I have been to purchase my lunch. How can morrisons a super market not have any lettuce to put on the wraps?or chilli sauce it is so un professional and the staff a miserable and are not interested in serving customers. What is going on? Just to clarify this is the Eccles Branch in Manchester. Very disappointing and definitely needs addressing. Many thanks Lauren

Desired outcome: Get plenty of stock also see why your staff are so miserable

B
6:50 am EST

Morrisons Morrisons Cafe

10/03/2023. I have now been sat waiting in the Boroughbridge branch of Morrisons at the cafe waiting on my breakfast for TWO hours. I was told when I placed my order there was a half an hour wait- which I was prepared to wait. There are currently 4 other tables occupied in the whole of the cafe. I am absolutely appalled at today’s service. Clearly under staffed with the current staff not having a single idea with what they are doing. Our table number was 76, a single man was sat at 67 and received our order 2 breakfasts with a side of toast.. for one person? Really? Shocking. We usually eat here at least once or twice a week and know it can sometimes be a slight hit and miss, but after today it will be a total miss! I could’ve cooked it at home twice over in half of the time we have waited. Disgusting service!

N
6:19 am EST

Morrisons Promotional Offer

On 28th November 2022 you ran an offer via Quidco.com with a £20 cashback bonus for those spending £80. I followed the rules and was tracked through to your website where I purchased £81.72 ([protected]) worth of products for delivery. Prior to delivery I amended the purchase by adding additional item bringing the total to £88.77, the items were then delivered from the local store. I have just been informed by Quidco that you will not honour the cashback as the purchase changed (Yes it did, it got higher). As a single and disabled person I would never normally spend over £80 on shopping, but with 25% cash back it was an enticing carrot. How can you refuse this offer when all the rules were followed, but I just added to my order.

[edited]

[edited]

Desired outcome: Fulfil your obligations with this offer.

View 0 more photos

Morrisons telephoned me and will not honour the promotion, they have now lost a customer for good. Total waste of time dealing with them.

10:07 am EST

Morrisons Staff in helensburgh branch

On 05/03/23 @ approx 14.30pm I was in the helensburgh branch of Morrisons and I found the staff on the floor extremely rude, a guy stacking veg stepped right in front of me with no excuse me or nothing, then at the self check out the assistant on the self checkout was extremely rude and no word of apology even after I challenged her on the way she spoke to me, I reported her at customer services and the nice lady there said she would speak to her but I would like this noted, there are hardly any assistants with any respect for their customers.

Desired outcome: I think a lesson in people skills might be in order

H
1:35 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons Meat filled bone treats for dogs(4 pack)

My partner and son went to Morrison’s today and picked up a pack of meat filled bone treats for our family dog.When they got home my partner opened up the treats to give one to her but opened them the wrong way and they fell out on to the kitchen side where we noticed with disgust and shock that they were covered in live maggots.I got a sandwich bag from the drawer and pushed the treats,maggots,packet and debris into it and tied it up.We can still clearly see the maggots eating the treats when we look through the bag.

C
4:38 am EST

Morrisons Ambrosia rice pudding

Rice pudding looks gone off even though it is in date. It had an watery consistency. It’s in a yellow colour. I didn’t want to eat it as it could cause some sort of illness. This has never happened before but I brought this item last week in Morrisons. I opened the rice pudding 3 days after I brought the rice pudding. Please try and resolve the issue

C
5:14 pm EST

Morrisons Refused entry

Hello on the 11/02/2023
I turned up to get my pregnant girlfriend a bottle of coke she is nearly at her due date.
I turned up at 21:53 and the security guard tried to refuse me entry, he then told the members of staff to turn the tills off at 21:57 and was unable to purchase my item.
This was at the Harwood store in Bolton.
All members of staff were really rude and I wouldn’t recommend anybody using this store to anyone.

P
10:42 am EST

Morrisons Offer of discount on fuel prices relating to total spend in store

Today 10/02/2023 I visited Morrisons Supermarket in Dumbarton to do my weekly shop. I then visited the instore cafe for lunch. Whilst in the cafe I noticed a sign that read "If you spend over £35 in store you receive a voucher for a 5p reduction in fuel prices"

I had spent £32.46 on groceries and £10.36 in the cafe. A total spend of £42.82.

I enquired at the customer services counter if I could be have a 5p discount voucher for fuel. I was informed that I couldn't as the " the purchase had to be on one receipt" I then asked if I spent an extra £2.54 on groceries did that qualify for the 5p off voucher. Again I was told that the" £35 had to be on one purchase"

I had spent £42.82 in store which I maintain satisfies the criteria of your sign saying that spending over £35 qualifies for a 5p reduction in fuel prices.

R
8:05 am EST

Morrisons Skate wing

I went to my local Morrisond store in High Wycombe three weeks ago . The fish counter was selling skate wings . Skate are listed is an endanged species. I have emailed Morrisions asking for a statement of their policy on selling such products . I have not even had an acknowlegement of my enquiry.I am most concerned about the lack of response . We have an enviromental crisis and the UK has seen a collapse in both land and marine species . It is simply unacceptable for Morrisions to contribite to this species loss and its reputation is compromised by such behaviuor .

Does Morrisons have a position on the sale of such products ?

I would be grateful for an acknowelment of this message

Dr Richard Beckett

email [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: An acknowlegement of my message.A statement as to Morrisons position on this issue -if it has oneA statement that Morrisons is committed to not selling endangered species

D
3:13 am EST

Morrisons Fuel

First off I would like to say thank you for your offer of 5p off a litre of fuel, if I spend £35 or more, I think fuel at Morrisons is average £1.51 a litre, in the bude area, what I don’t understand is why l would pay £35 or more to get 5p off a litre of fuel, when I can buy fuel from a independent garage @£1.45 a litre, which is still cheaper than your offer, plus I don’t have to spend the £35 to get my fuel at this price, if a independent garage can sell fuel at this price, and still make a profit, how much am I as a consumer, (and I don’t like to say it) being ripped off? I look forward too your early response, thank you Derek.

Desired outcome: Early response

K
12:04 pm EST

Morrisons Complaint customer service at store

Yesterday while visiting Morrison store in Spalding, Pinchbeck me and my family (my daughter 14 years old, my husband) been humiliated and discriminate by a store employee because we are from different country, the staff member by name Jackie been shouting at me and my family because the store soon should be closed, we been noticed by other staff member what shop soon will be closed and we go to the till but the some ways been blocked by stuff trolleys so we go around to get to the till. I can't walk quickly because I'm after car accident and I have health issues with my back and my leg, we are parked as disabled parking because of that, but the staff member Jackie was shouting at us many time (3 times) also she showing by body language that we are stupid and that we need to speed up. We come to the self-service till because no one other been available, and the staff member Jackiet start shouting at us again what we need to hurry up, I tried explain to her that with self - service till its not possible to speed it up and I offer her to serve us by normal till but she refused my offer and continued shouting at us, she made our child stressed and worried, also I and my husband been stressed and worried. We told her that it's wrong to talk to customers in that tone of voice especially because we have a child with us, but she ignored it and still continued to talk in that tone, and she walked behind of us aggressively. Me and my family are shocked by this customer service, I want to ask the management of this store check CCTV and remove this person from working with people.

Desired outcome: Please response and take appropriate action regarding this person from staff member by the name Jackie

M
2:00 pm EST

Morrisons Pizza section at Denton branch

I went into Morrisons today to order 2 pizza's on 05/02/2023 at around 1.30pm, and I asked the lady for the Pizza's she said they would be about 10 minutes so asked for the toppings and also asked for cheese to be put on the top as the meat burns if pizza's have no cheese on the very top and that's they way we have them, she said no problem, so I carried on shopping, when I returned she had just finished the last pizza and passed them over, I said to her I am sorry but I asked for cheese on the top, she replied we don't always do that, so I replied ok but I did ask you beforehand and it was not mentioned to me so I passed them back she shook her head and took off the clingfilm and put cheese on, I said thankyou an left, I am so disgusted at her attitude to me and am a bit nervous to return to ask for what I want, staff should not make you feel like this at all, I was always under the impression I can ask for what I want and the way I like it, this is not the first time this has happened when staff feel they can act how they like and you will take it, its not at all something that should happen.

Desired outcome: staff to be spoken to who work with customers on a daily basis

1:23 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

03/02/2023 1630 Plymouth Store My Grandfather and I were shopping for and few items in the local Plymouth store and we had also purchased or were attempting to purchase some cider and beer while we were there. We arrived at the self service check out and scanned everything in and naturally a member of staff came to approve the transaction as alcohol wa...

P
2:25 pm EST

Morrisons Accused of stealing

I went to my local store today as I do appox 4 times a week. Appox 2.30 I was checking out on a self checkout my total was 31.11p so I put 2 £20 notes in which came straight bk out so I put them straight back in and it took them, only to see the screen saying please put more money in? I called a member of staff and he was trying to sort it which seemed to take forever, to then be told that the security man had said to him she only put 20 pounds in, which then I panicked and went to my purse to make sure as I had just drawn out 100 pounds, I still had 60 left so tried to explain again that I wasnt going mad and it hadnt fallen anywere that I put in £40, I was then told by the same man on security that I had indeed only put 20 pounds in, I was then embarased as everyone was looking at me, so I just said to him can I look plz and he shouted that I wasnt allowed and then said loudly again you only put 20 pounds in, so I said are you saying I am lying as I was seaching my bag and everything again, he just looked at me stupid, and alot of people were staring at me, I suffer from bad nerve problems after just getting over breast cance and losing my best friend to her killing herself, I than waited for a manager which took over half a hr and I was having a panic attack these are not nice, to be told I could take my shopping home as he was going to trust me to be honest? Till they checked the till at the end of the day, and I said the same to him I put 40 pounds in and he said well the till isnt showing that, I then left red faced and shaking drove home rung my friend and she came straight away, I have never know this before in my life and I am waiting for the manager to ring me which I know the till will be up by just over 8 pounds, I dont know if I can go back down at the moment as I have a migrane now so going to bed instead of going out for my t with a few friends, I hope you are going to do something about this I felt like a thief, thankyou paula townson, my email is [protected]@rocketmail.com

Desired outcome: compensation for me missing a evening with my friend and haveing to go to bed early with a migrane

A
1:56 pm EST

Morrisons Multiple issues. Morrisons dunoon.

I have previously been a supporter of Morrisons Dunoon and have put that in writing.
Sadly no more!
On Monday evening 8pm My wife and I did a largish shop there.

The first thing that was obvious is how very cold it was, Siberian. My wife and I had thick jumpers on, winter coats, hats and in my wife's case gloves. It was bitterly cold and this was in the whole store not just the refrigerated areas. It was so sad to see the store staff wearing gloves and were undoubtedly miserable. Where is the care and concern for those employees? Also it makes the shopping experience extremely uncomfortable and unpleasant for shoppers.

Secondly, As mentioned we had a fairly big amount of groceries, there were no tills open and manned. Only self service which don't always work effectively and certainly not great for large amounts of shopping. Eventually, what appeared to be a manager instructed a member of staff to open up a till for us. Unfortunately an old person albeit with less shopping was directed unceremoniously to the self service, she appeared upset and struggled along with her basket. It would have been so easy in terms of practicality, care and concern to fastrack her through the same now manned till!

Thirdly, having endured the above, we were truly shocked by the prices of goods on offer. Yes, we know about inflation, but to me there is certainly excess profit making by Morrisons.
We have calculated it is cheaper to use fuel, take the ferry across to Greenock return and do major shops at Aldi which we will do now.
This is a truly shocking state of affairs and Morrisons have a long way to go to restore our faith and trust!

Desired outcome: Ensure there are enough staff to keep some manned tills open.Turn the heating on.Be much more competitive on food prices, price match Aldi.

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Morrisons?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary details and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Morrisons. Make it specific and clear, such as "Overcharged for groceries at Morrisons" or "Poor customer service at Morrisons bakery."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or branch of Morrisons involved.
  • The date and time of the incident or issue.
  • A clear description of what happened, focusing on the nature of the issue.
  • Any interactions you had with Morrisons employees, including names or descriptions if possible.
  • Details of any transactions, including receipts, product names, and prices.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue with Morrisons, including any communication with their customer service.
  • The company's response or lack thereof.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or distress.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents, such as receipts, photos, or email correspondence, to support your complaint. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Morrisons. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, an apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all the details are correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint against Morrisons on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your complaint for any responses or updates. Regularly check your email and ComplaintsBoard.com account for notifications related to your complaint or review.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Morrisons contacts