Menu
Morrisons Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Morrisons
reviews and complaints

groceries.morrisons.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 592 Reviews

How responsive is Morrisons's customer service?

14 Resolved
575 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Morrisons handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Morrisons and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Morrisons has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Morrisons reviews and complaints 592

Filter reviews by rating
3 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Morrisons reviews and complaints

8:05 am EDT

Morrisons Ham and cheese baguette

Hey guys,

I work pretty long hours and everyday I really look forward to lunch. Obviously. I normally go and get chicken and salad but today I was feeling a bit down so wanted to treat myself to some cheeky carbs and picked up a ham and Emmental baguette.

I cannot believe the state of the sandwich I bought. There was no sauce at all - no butter. Absolutely dry. I IMPLORE you to put some kind of moisture in this baguette. Please.

Desired outcome: MOISTURE

J
5:22 am EDT

Morrisons Missing item

I received an online delivery yesterday afternoon at 3.10pm.
The missing item was 100 sterling cigarettes £51.
This is the 4th time that these have been missing.
Due to this I asked the driver jack to check the contents of my shopping before he left, which he duly did and verified that they were missing. He said he would ring to inform that this was the case. He did not do this whilst he was here but said he would do this later and drove off.
The previous times the cigarettes were missing the driver rang up straight away whilst with me and I received a refund and an apology straight away.
After a couple of hours of ringing and emailing, I was shocked to learn that jack had told them that the cigarettes were in my bags. This is an out and out lie. He is a thief and a liar.
Due to the fact that cigarettes have been missing from my order 4 times now, I would seriously be looking into the honesty of your staff.
This needs dealing with immediately. I have been a loyal customer of morrisons for 50 + years
Order number was [protected]
My customer number is [protected]

Desired outcome: refund and apology

11:03 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons Lack of information on points system.

John Wyllie 51 Seafar Drive Kelty Fife KY4 0JX. [protected]@btinternet.com
[protected].
Enquired instore re the 18070 points on my receipt.
Told stopped some time ago. I had no email notification of this.
Phone the helpline number which store staff gave me.
NOTHING they can do? A disgraceful way to treat a pensioner.
Morrison's office must have seen these points build upon each of my visits to the store, and no one thought to advise me.
I am not happy at this, having been a loyal customer of the Cowdenbeath store since it opened.
John Wyllie

Desired outcome: accrued benefits paid out.

6:54 pm EDT

Morrisons British whole milk

I am a regular customer of Morrisons and today again I bought some groceries from my nearby store in Sutton High Street including milk bottles. And I got totally shocked and now depressed to see the milk bottle while I want to give it a try to give it to my younger son at a bed time. There was something scary in the bottle in dark colour inside.

Here's the video attached.

I hope you can imagine how risky this would be as people like me trust Morrison's products straight away. And I usually feed my kids with this milk twice a day even without straining it.

It's a shame.

I need someone to look into this matter urgently.

T
5:42 pm EDT

Morrisons Pizzas

I am writing to you to complain following my recent visit to Morrison's in Bromsgrove.

I always shop at Morrison's and enjoy the nhs discount which you have given to nhs workers

However on Sunday 22 August 2022 I went shopping for a house party for my husbands 60th birthday. We had decided to buy fresh pizza made in your store
as the main food item. I was shocked to be told that no pizzas were being made as you had run out of cheese! You're a supermarket how can you run out of cheese.

I had to buy the boxed pizzas which are nothing like your home-made ones. To say I was disappointed is an understatement and I ended up spending more money they intended on food because you couldn't deliver your normal excellent service

Desired outcome: Good Will Gesture

C
3:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons Lack of sanitiser and paper to wipe down trolleys

Hi
I entered your Hoddesdon store at 7pm. I reported lack of paper at sanitising stations and requested some to wipe down my trolley. Luckily I carry my own hand sanitizer.
Despite reporting this when I left the store at 7.50 the dispensers still hadn't been refilled. So a stream of people have entered your store for god knows how long today without having sanitising facilities for trolleys/baskets- this is Hugh cross contamination of COVID.

Desired outcome: Sanitise your baskets trolleys or have sanitising stations fully equipped

11:56 am EDT

Morrisons Customer care

Good afternoon
I have just returned for my shopping experience at Morrison's St Helen's (long time since I have shopped there) unfortunately my experience was not satisfactory I was assisting my 92 mother into the store then realised I did not have my mask (1st time ever forgotten) I proceeded to the gentleman at the security/ assisting point? Who was busy on His mobile and asked was it possible to locate a mask he did not look up but mumbled that he didn't have any and said ask the girl at the kiosk who was on the phone not talking about anything work related I waited and repeated my request for a mask she said she didn't have any and just go in without one? At this point an assistant / supervisor appeared and said no wait while she went and got some.

My mother and I continued to shop we then required a certain type of milk for my mother there was none on the shelves so I looked around for assistance of which there was no one only one on the bakery counter I asked if he could check in the back to see if any was any of the requested milk available he answered me a little off hand and did nothing. I then repeated my request his response/attitude was as if I was putting him out and he said to look up the isle for an assistant I said I had already done this there was no one around he then came from behind the counter and proceeded to walk up several isle where he came across another member of staff that person then assisted me and returned with the said milk

Due to my circumstance difficulty walking and trying to assist my elderly mother I feel the the staff I encountered were very unhelpful and weak in customer care and did not inspire me to visit the store again

Regards
Mrs sue Hale [protected]

Desired outcome: Improve customer care and reframe from being on their mobiles in work time

Read full review of Morrisons and 1 comment
1 comment
wilhelm peronius
lancing, GB
Oct 11, 2021 10:05 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

25/09/21 morrison /worthing west sussex My wife and I go nearly every second week to our local morrison to do a large shop because of covis. very bad service in store a long wait at meat counter #on to bread counter[long wait again] done the rest of shopping coming up to checkout another LONG wait only 4 checkouts open midday? went to cafeteria for a snack another LONG wait order till not working on to pay till [guess what]till not working so we paid by cash ][no problem there] eventually we leave as we are two senior citizens with blue badges we presumed extra given for SLOW service at store we end up with a £85 fine for not leaving in the short time given to park DOES MORRISON OR EURO PARKS realize there are a lot of senior people that go shopping and need a little more time? Wilhem Peronius [age 85]

P
4:02 am EDT

Morrisons Pasta

Good morning. Yesterday (Sunday 27th June) I called into your Alnwick (Northumberland) mini store at the fuel station and picked up 2 x bags pasta, stated as being 59p/bag. At the checkout they rung through at 79p/bag. When I challenged the assistant she said there was nothing she could do, which I understand to be incorrect. The price customers pay at the till should be that advertised on the shelving?
Very poor response form your staff

L
1:26 am EDT

Morrisons Order ref co-1496719. Hoddesdon store

Imade an order for sandwich platters scones and Indian savouries to be collected between [protected] on Sunday 6th June from your Hoddesdon store, and feel I need to advise you of the non existent customer service received upon collection -
Upon arriving at the store at 10.40, I approached the fresh food / pizza counter and asked if this was where orders were collected - the reply "over there" with a gesture in the direction of the apples !
I replied do you mean customer service ? and was told yes but they're not ready
I asked how long - reply "someone called in sick "
I said so how long to be told we are doing them
I walked away and commented "customer service with a smile " to have a reply shouted at me from the staff member who I had been talking to " I did smile ‘
This lady was not in Morrison's uniform, I believe she may have been a manager .

I went to the cafe, deciding to get a pot of tea while I waited, stood there for at least 5 minutes before being acknowledged, ordered a tea and coffee to be told "the machines broken "

Went to customer service and told them the machine was broken - they were unaware of this. I then asked if my order was ready, to be told it won't be long .
I am now standing by the newspapers and can see the sandwiches being prepared by a lady with no mask and no gloves, and a young girl with no gloves. I wonder if this is in line with the current health and safety procedures.
The ‘manager ‘ was there but did not acknowledge me or update me at any time.
I decided at 11.15 to go into the Barista coffee shop in store to wait - went to the counter, and the assistant didn't appear to see me, and as I stood waiting a member of staff from the cafe came in with food, so the 2 ladies had a nice chat while I stood waiting to be served .
I walked out and back to the newspapers to watch my order still being prepared.

By now there was another customer also waiting for her 1030=1130 collection.

The lady serving in the Barista left her cafe using her mobile and walked up the store, while she was gone 3 customers went into the Barista cafe but there was no one to serve them.

1140 still no order
1150 still no order
1200 the customer service lady said won't be long
12 10 mine and the other customer who was waiting were both told by a young girl your orders are ready now, I ll bring them out, and she proceeded to do so, at which point the lady I believe to be the manager apologised to the other customer and said nothing to me at all.
I left with my order at 1220-

This was not an experience I would like to repeat, nor would I recommend ordering party food from Morrisons - a disappointing experience.

Lisa Wren

Sent from my iPad

D
2:13 pm EDT

Morrisons Staff complaint

Today we visited our local store in Belper, Derbyshire and went for lunch, before entering I checked in with my phone as per the COVID restrictions, I then proceeded to the till to pay, I was asked if I had scanned in and I told the cashier I had, I started to tell her what I had on my tray so far, she asked if I wanted a hot meal and confirmed this as well, before I got the chance to pay she asked again if I had checked in and I confirmed again, she then insisted they I gave her proof of this, she continued to talk over me and started shouting for someone else to come and check, I felt so humiliated as I have never before been asked to show proof, neither is there a sign saying that this has to be done to proceed, the check in is right at the entrance of the café instead of near the cashier, in this case, the cashier called Lisa was so rude that I could have walked out, I understand the need to protect staff and customers alike but to be denied entering the café unless you've checked in is ridiculous, nowhere else are you required to do so, what if you haven't got the app or are unable to read or write? On top of that the hot food was inedible, the black pudding was rock hard, the egg was floating in oil, the sausages were deep fried and I think the mushroom must have just naturally dried out, as to the rest - unspeakable, last time when we visited a customer walking past our table asked if we had enjoyed our meal as it looked ‘the most unappetising food' he had ever seen. Last word on this is that if Morrison's is going to set rules they need to make this clear to the customers and stick to these rules all the time - not just when pushy, rude staff feel like humiliating customers

D
4:33 pm EDT

Morrisons Multiple abl Customers wearing no mask

This afternoon on my way home from work I called as usual to your store in Denbigh, to my surprise I noticed 5 people all with no masked. Even more disappointing was your manger and security walked past these versions non mask wearing offenders without challenging them

I am afraid if this serious issue is not swiftly take care of I will be forced to shop elsewhere

Denbigh Morrison's is a nice store with excellent till operators and friendly staff. They obviously need better security to help them tackle those who feel the rules do not apply

Desired outcome: Confirmation I will be safe when visiting your store

R
8:08 am EDT

Morrisons Cafe

I was excited to know Morrison's cafe was opening again so me and my husband decided to treat ourselves to a cooked breakfast at the Wellingborough store. Getting there we noticed that the breakfasts have changed and my favourite item the fried bread is no longer on the menu. I was in2 minds about having it but I did. The food came very quickly but when we received it the food was virtually cold. This is not the first time this has happened but I thought as u have been closed for so long every effort would be made to make sure things were perfect. I didn't complain and get a refund when I was there due to the staff not really being around but I should of done as having cold bacon and beans is not good enough. Not only that but the toast we ordered was in a bowl that looks very unprofessional. I am very disappointed as I loved going to Morrison's for my breakfast but I will be looking for somewhere else now as there is no excuse for cold food

Desired outcome: Refund

5:01 am EDT

Morrisons Breakfast cafe

Me and my partner went out for breakfast on Sunday morning, as we proceeded in paying on the self scan we were abruptly shouted at by a member of staff saying "fill the app in or you can leave", by this stage I was like okay fair enough ha to be done to protect people and people around us, so as me and my partner sat down an elderly gentleman proceeded to come in who must of been around late 70's he picked up a tea pot then yet again this woman proceeded to shout out fill this app or you we can't serve you, the elderly gentleman did not have a clue what to do as he explained but the woman point blank refused to serve him and did not offer to help in any way. So I said to my partner this is getting outrageous so 15 minutes later our breakfast came cold with no coffees as. I one explained to us we had to do it ourself, so my partner went up to the till and asked the woman if we have to get our coffee ourselves with a abrupt reply of " YES, we only boil your breakfast" then walked away.
At this point I was fuming and me and partner had to leave as the whole experience was an absolute shambles so I won't be back

4:37 am EDT

Morrisons Your store in Redcar

Several weeks ago I wrote to complain about the woeful condition of our national flag on display un the car park of your Redcar store and received a reply assuring me that something would be done.
Nothing has been done.
The same tattered, filthy rag is still hanging by its threads from the same pole.
Much as I feel a sense of pride when I see our national banner flying I do think that, as a sign of respect for your customers, if you have no intention of replacing it then you should just simply take it down.
Yours
W. M. Smith

10:48 am EDT

Morrisons Fresh produce/raspberries

On buying some raspberries from Morrison's in erith
I found a plastic false nail inside the raspberry

8:11 am EDT

Morrisons Petrol Station at Teesside Park

I used your fuelling station on Monday 17th of May when there was a torrential downpour of rain.
Your canopy that is meant to keep customers dry is clearly in much need of repair as I got soaked lifting the unleaded fuel nossel, as if copious amounts of water were being poured over me, soaking my legs and feet. Unable to pay by card at the machine because the card reader was too wet.

Desired outcome: Fix the petrol station roof and compensate me for spending the rest of my day in wet clothes.

4:34 pm EDT

Morrisons Online delivery

I am writing to complain about my delivery l have just received
The bread the package is ripped, the cream is not in the order, l ordered 3 bottles of wine and only received 2, l ordered 2 tubes of dairylea and only received 1, l ordered pork and caramelised onion pie and got nothing same as the mini cucumber and pork and chorizo Scottish eggs the fish pies were leaking all over my food and I have been changed for all these items that were not in my order but according to the receipt they were delivered. I do hope you can help with this .
Ami Lister

J
3:15 pm EDT

Morrisons Cadbury’s hero’s

Hello,

I Bought a box of Cadbury's hero's for my friends birthday today at the Morrison's at five ways In Croydon. I gave them to her today and as she opened the boxed at the top one was already open and stale we emptied the box to check if there was any others to see that there is mold near the sides and rotting at the bottom
Of the box, from the outside you can not tell, i don't know how long these have been there or what caused the rot but this is disgusting an unacceptable

My email is mccoj015.[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Refund

11:38 am EDT

Morrisons More card vouchers

Hi. I am still yet to receive my more vouchers. Originally the receipt machine was out of paper so I couldn't receive them. I spoke to customer service in store and they re-issued them. The next time I attempted to print them was at the petrol station and again there was no paper in the machine. I've sent 4 emails to you now and had no correspondence whatsoever and it's been weeks. I've tried calling and you don't have any customer service personnel available.
I'm fed up of wasting my time!

Desired outcome: Receive my more card vouchers

10:23 am EDT

Morrisons Morrisons Preston Road Hull

This store is a brand new store, recently taken over from McColls. My partner and I visited at 7.30pm when we knew it would be quiet. We both wore masks and was unable to get down one of the isles to reach product as members of staff were not wearing masks. At the checkout another member of staff walked by us with no mask and no exemption langyard

Desired outcome: Please be aware that staff are not following government guidlines

Morrisons In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Morrisons is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the desired products. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and search options, ensuring a smooth user experience.

Product Range and Availability: Morrisons offers a wide range of products, including fresh produce, groceries, household items, and more. The availability of products is generally good, with most items in stock and ready for purchase.

Pricing and Value for Money: Morrisons provides competitive prices and offers good value for money. The prices are often lower compared to other supermarkets, and the quality of the products justifies the cost.

Delivery Options and Efficiency: Morrisons offers various delivery options, including home delivery and click and collect. The delivery service is efficient, with prompt and reliable delivery times. The website also provides real-time tracking of orders.

Customer Service and Support: Morrisons has excellent customer service and support. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist with any queries or concerns. They provide prompt responses and strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Quality and Freshness of Products: Morrisons maintains high standards of quality and freshness for its products. The fresh produce is of excellent quality, and the packaged goods are well within their expiration dates.

Loyalty Programs and Promotions: Morrisons offers a loyalty program that provides exclusive discounts and rewards to its members. They also regularly run promotions and special offers, allowing customers to save money on their purchases.

Sustainability and Ethical Practices: Morrisons is committed to sustainability and ethical practices. They source their products responsibly, support local suppliers, and have initiatives in place to reduce waste and carbon footprint.

Online Ordering Process: The online ordering process at Morrisons is straightforward and hassle-free. The website provides clear instructions, and the checkout process is quick and secure. Customers can easily customize their orders and select delivery or collection options.

Returns and Refunds Policy: Morrisons has a fair returns and refunds policy. If there are any issues with the products, they offer hassle-free returns and provide refunds or replacements promptly.

Overall Shopping Experience: Shopping at Morrisons is a pleasant experience overall. The website is user-friendly, the product range is extensive, and the prices are competitive. The efficient delivery service and excellent customer support further enhance the overall shopping experience.

Comparison with Competitors: Morrisons stands out from its competitors with its competitive pricing, wide product range, and excellent customer service. It offers a strong alternative to other supermarkets, providing a satisfying shopping experience.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Morrisons has received positive customer reviews and ratings. Customers appreciate the quality of products, competitive prices, and efficient service. The overall satisfaction level is high.

Pros and Cons of Shopping at Morrisons: The pros of shopping at Morrisons include competitive prices, a wide product range, excellent customer service, and efficient delivery options. The cons may include occasional out-of-stock items and limited delivery slots during peak times.

Recommendations and Conclusion: I would highly recommend shopping at Morrisons for its user-friendly website, competitive prices, wide product range, and excellent customer service. The overall shopping experience is satisfying, and the quality of products is commendable. Morrisons is a reliable choice for grocery shopping.

How to file a complaint about Morrisons?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary details and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Morrisons. Make it specific and clear, such as "Overcharged for groceries at Morrisons" or "Poor customer service at Morrisons bakery."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or branch of Morrisons involved.
  • The date and time of the incident or issue.
  • A clear description of what happened, focusing on the nature of the issue.
  • Any interactions you had with Morrisons employees, including names or descriptions if possible.
  • Details of any transactions, including receipts, product names, and prices.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue with Morrisons, including any communication with their customer service.
  • The company's response or lack thereof.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or distress.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents, such as receipts, photos, or email correspondence, to support your complaint. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Morrisons. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, an apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all the details are correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint against Morrisons on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your complaint for any responses or updates. Regularly check your email and ComplaintsBoard.com account for notifications related to your complaint or review.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Morrisons customer service

Phone numbers

+44 345 611 6111 +44 345 322 0000 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Morrisons?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Morrisons Customer Service. Initial Morrisons complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Morrisons above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Morrisons. Discuss the issues you have had with Morrisons and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.