Menu
Morrisons Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Morrisons
reviews and complaints

groceries.morrisons.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 592 Reviews

How responsive is Morrisons's customer service?

14 Resolved
575 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Morrisons handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Morrisons and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Morrisons has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Morrisons reviews and complaints 592

Filter reviews by rating
3 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Morrisons reviews and complaints

L
6:03 am EDT

Morrisons Cafe staff

We visited the cafe at the hoddeson branch were we come every Thursday for breakfast. When ordering our food at the counter with the staff member we asked for brown toast instead of white so he called over to the cook to let him know and the cook was very rude in his response b rolling his eyes and moaning to himself. This made us feel awkward and under valued as a customer. This was quite me for the other member of staff as he was doing his job properly to let him know what we ordered. Also I would like to know how the chef if permitted to cook in a kitchen whilst wearing no PPE as he had long hair and a large beard in which I feel need to be covered for hygiene regulations.

8:38 am EDT

Morrisons Dummy

I'm writing to complain my son is 12 months old and had what ya call a dummy in his mouth and literally the teat has came in half half was in his mouth n half left on dummy he nearly choaked to deathe! I'm absolutely mortified as I've used these dummy with my 6 year old son had no problems until now I'm absolutely furious

Desired outcome: N/A

F
12:14 am EST

Morrisons Faulty product

28th February 2022 we was in yogurts department or one yogurt got yogurt on lid top so another customer comes along or saw a leaked yogurt. I picked yogurt up seeing i want yogurt.

We not told morrisons service provider to clean up their leaked yogurt.

Desired outcome: refund

J
11:50 am EST

Morrisons Salad bar

Hi for the last 8 weeks the salad bar has only had the small pots and no large pots please can you have large pots again as it’s ideal for my lunch I’ve asked 4 times and the sales assistant told me to tell head office As she said she can’t order them all your other branch’s have them but not cribbs cause way

2:45 pm EST

Morrisons Home delivery van - incident in walsall west midlands

Incident on Sunday 27th February 2022

At 18:50hr

I was driving from Pelsall. At the junction in Rushall with Lichfield rd I followed the lane marked “Walsall” passing a Morrisons delivery van driving in the lane for Aldridge.

The van moved sharply, without looking or signalling into the Walsall lane, narrowly missing me. Bad driving and he had the nerve to blast the horn at me.

Desired outcome: An apology for the intimidating actions at the junction would be appreciated.Secondly, has there been a breach of Sunday trading laws here? My understanding is that shop trading has to cease at 16hr.

2:37 pm EST

Morrisons Morrison's Grocery Delivery Service, Damaged items, misleading items

22/02/22. Ordered groceries for home delivery on 19/02/22.

We have recieved the said groceries a few minutes ago. As we unpacked we realised some things were changed without our information (outside of the initial email letting us know some things are out of stock, and what will be replaced).

Alongside this, we ordered a box of poptarts which was delivered with the outer cardboard packaging broken, as well as 2/4 of the foil packaging inside ripped open and damaged, rendering the said 4/8 poptarts unedible. (as shown in attached imaged) The poptarts inside the damaged packaging very much looked like someone either picked at them or took bites out of them - the said pieces are missing and are nowhere to be found inside the rest of the box.

The 500g groud beef we ordered was weighed and is closer to 300 than half a KG we were promised.

Desired outcome: An apology and a partial refund ( at least for the damaged/misleading items)

View 0 more photos
8:44 am EST

Morrisons St Albans

Last night on Monday the 25th of Jan 2022 I went to do my shop at Morrison.
Went to go and pay and there were no checkout staffs on the checkout?!
When I asked a member of staff why this was, he replied they are all on a break.
I asked to speak to the manager and he went to look for him but came back and said he couldn't find him?
But there were loads of staff dotted around stacking shelves!
When Mike the store leader as he called himself arrived, he wasn't much help either!
Come on guys, I'm not asking for much but after a hard day at work I don't expect to come to your store and have to do everything myself!
The ques for self service were so long and with people doing big shops!
You are open till 10pm during the week I came in around 8.45pm and was presented with no staff to help and attitude?!
Sort it out, please.

Desired outcome: Have staff on checkout or at least one person at any given time, this is not acceptable.

N
11:25 am EST

Morrisons 12 mini vegetable pakoras

We are long standing customers of Morrisons and have never had cause to complain before, but we were extremely disappointed in the mini vegetable pakoras with our last order [protected]) because we found them far too dry and frankly unpalatable. I am used to making pakoras myself and must say mine are far nicer and less dry. The scones and the hot cross buns which came with the same order were absolutely delicious! We were just surprised that these pakoras were not of your usual high quality.

Desired outcome: An explanation? A replacement voucher?

Update by Norn
Jan 15, 2022 11:26 am EST

Hope to hear from Morrisons.

P
4:15 pm EST

Morrisons petrol

I wish to make a complaint about my visit to Morrisons petrol station on Saturday 8th January 2022 at 8 30am. I pulled up to the pay at pump put my card and entered my pin, to be told that pay at pump wasn't working. I removed my card put petrol in my car and paid in the kiosk.
On Sunday when checking my online banking there was a pending payment of £100 pounds from Morrisons. I returned to the kiosk to be told it should be clear by Monday if not to go to main store and speak with a manager. Monday came and it still hadn't cleared so went to the store and spoke with a manager called Malcom. He said that it should be cleared by Wednesday if not to go back.
I returned to the store on Wednesday as it still hadn't cleared. Again, I saw Malcom, he said that he would have to take my details as he had to find out who needed to call and would contact me with an update. Come Wednesday afternoon I decided that I would call head office. I spoke with a man and explained my situation and said that this had cleared my account and was unable to get a food shop or petrol to get to work, to which he replied there's nothing he could do and to get an overdraft. To make it worse he said that they get this problem all the time and they were working on it. He had no right in telling me to get an overdraft and he certainly shouldn't tell me that this problem is ongoing.
I went to my bank who said it should be cleared by today (Friday 14th January) if not to go back. So yet again I returned to my bank who said that it wont clear until Tuesday 18th January.
This means that I am still out of pocket of £100 a week later. I am appalled at the service that I have received.
Firstly, there was no signs on pay at pumps to say they weren't working.
Secondly, I still haven't received a call from Malcom the store manager at Milton Keynes.
Finally, the way I was spoken to on the phone to head office is totally unacceptable.

N
2:56 pm EST

Morrisons Petrol

On Monday the 10th of January, I went to put petrol in my car, I only had £71.51p in my bank, I put my pin in the petrol pump but for some reason taken my card out too early, however it took all I had left in the bank, this caused me and my children a great deal of stress as money is tight after Xmas and we are struggling, it's been 4 working days and I am yet to be credited, struggling for money food and gas, I've had to walk to work for the rest of the week and borrow money to get through, this has caused a lot of stress and I wouldn't like anyone to go through this, kind regards

Desired outcome: Just to rectify the matter as money cannot make up the stress me and my family endured, however some form of compensation would be welcomed

Read full review of Morrisons and 1 comment
1 comment
Adetola Adeyemi
, US
May 11, 2022 9:24 am EDT

Hello,

I bought petrol from Morrison in Peckham yesterday the 10th of May 2022 because i was in the area(i normally use Tesco).

The only option i found was to pay at pump. I inserted my card put in the pin and the message displayed was £100 limit ( i did not think much of it).

So i bought £20 worth of unleaded and left.

10 minutes later i got an alert saying that i have spent £20 and £100!. I checked my account and saw that £100 had been taken from my personal bank account with £20 also pending.

When i saw the alert i went in to speak to the Morrisons staff about it, she understood my plight confirming that a lot of people have complained about the process. She was confident that i would be paid the difference. But that is not the point the point is i bought £20 petrol and that is expect them to take. If i did not have enough funds in my account then i would be in [censored] and Mr Morrison will not help.

Now i have to wait in pain by checking my bank app to see if the balance of my fuel payment has been paid back!

This method is a stupid one, if i go to TESCO and pay using my debit card they only deduct £1 and take the rest of the payment a day or 2 later.

Am definitely going back to TESCO, Morrisons is [censored]!

F
5:36 am EST

Morrisons Mask wearing

I have to say your shop in Basingstoke is the worst run shop in Basingstoke for asking people why they are not wearing masks. Not once have I seen anyone asking people why they are not wearing them and no the people I am talking about are not exempt from wearing them. Very very shocked at your attitude towards this very simple task to ask people to wear masks
Regards
William Garland

9:01 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons The disappearance of screens at the self service tills Maidstone Sutton Road

Good afternoon,
Shopping in your Sutton Road MAIDSTONE Kent store is not a pleasant
experience at the moment. It is an extremely busy store at all times of the
day. The protection screens on the self service from the person next to you
have been removed even though Covid numbers are very high.
During the lockdown period the service was good and you felt safe but now
it has made me feel very vulnerable, no screens and hardly ever any hand
gel.
My mother who lives in HERNE BAY Kent says they still have all of their
screens up at the self service and is no where near as busy as the MAIDSTONE store they were never removed.

Desired outcome: Screens re-installed please

Update by blouse
Dec 05, 2021 9:05 am EST

Screens needed on self service in Maidstone store

K
4:36 pm EST

Morrisons no delivery and money taken

I ordered online a shop for Tuesday 30th November. The delivery never turned up, I went on Twitter to contact someone, I then received an email from Morrisons. It has been 4 days now and I still do not have my delivery and now the money has been taken out of my bank. Morrisons say they have delivered my goods, I have not received them. Please can someone help me as I can't afford to be out of pocket with money or food?

Desired outcome: my money or my goods

G
9:21 am EST

Morrisons In store complaint

We went to your hoddesdon shop to day lots of prices were labled with wrong prices I got some hot diog sausages I did not realise that I was over charged they should have been £1 and I was charged £1.30 also got some hot food take away 2 chicken breasts and chips the chicken was very hard like it had been standing aged I asked for the chicken and chips as the lady was cooking fresh she said come back in a while and they would be ready so I did not see she had put the dried up ones in I ordered 3 lots and was very disappointed as we did not realise till we got home and live a fair way from the store I don't think we will ever go there again

Desired outcome: Refund

D
5:27 pm EST

Morrisons Online shopping

What is the point of the online shopping service at Morrisons - if half your order is not brought to your home, leaving you without food for the week or better still the "creative" substitutions - substitution for rice crackers 3 packets of salt and vinegar crisps - bean medley - three packets of peas, carrots and peppers - or how about washing your clothes in some unheard of ECO conditioner instead of washing liquid for the washing machine - it has been consistently getting worse until this weekend they decided that NO FROZEN goods at all were going to be delivered - just like that almost 20 items not delivered - my food shopping for the week - why bother?
I was told to ring the store as staff would be there until 6pm so at 5.10pm I called and I called and I called - this is despite being told by the delivery driver that I would be calling - no one answered.
The store at Shrewsbury really does know what customer service is - and how not to give it!

Desired outcome: Compensation and an apology

2:28 pm EST

Morrisons Music

The Morrisons in denbigh has its music so loud it's rediculous. We went to have a meal in there and the music was so loud everyone was shouting over it and each other to be heard. All the staff in the kitchen were shouting to hear each other meaning all that noise combined with the covid screams meant it was nearly impossible to be heard when ordering. My children had their fingers in their ears saying it was hurting their heads. When I mentioned it to the staff they said they would mention it to the manager but the music never went down. I won't be going there again as the whole experience was stressful and very unpleasant. there was no reason that the music needed to be that loud. We have been to many other Morrisons and we've never heard music at all. If I wanted to listen to music at they volume I would have gone to a nightclub

9:51 am EDT

Morrisons restaurant

HI, I am a regular customer at your supermarket and quite often meet my friends for a catch up in the restaurant however the food is never hot and the cakes are never covered and are exposed to people sneezing, coughing ect. I have mentioned this to the staff on numerous occasions and still nothing has been resolved. kind regards

Desired outcome: hot food

11:55 am EDT

Morrisons Cafe - Morrisons at Brampton, South Yorkshire

Sunday 31 October 2021. Took my mother shopping and we decided to have a late breakfast in the cafe. I have never witnessed such appalling service. Every table was in need of being cleared. One customer asked a member of staff for cleaning materials and she was given a cloth and cleaning spray - she cleaned the table herself.
In the space of 30 minutes, 4 customer demanded, and received, a full refund because their food was cold, unacceptably late and or unsatisfactory. Customers were openly taking photographs of dirty tables and the poor standard of food.
We waited more than 30 minutes for one bacon sandwich.

The whole experience was really dreadful. Mum and I have been using this Morrisons for several years, and the level of customer service has significantly fallen. The cafe is consistently poor.
I'm sorry to be negative.

Desired outcome: To inform you of the very poor service.

3:59 pm EDT

Morrisons Cafe meal at Morrisons Malvern

Visited Morrisons Malvern on 25th October 2021. We had 2 fish chips and mushy pea meals. The peas and chips were almost cold. Fish was ok. No sauces even though we asked. About 10 tables
had not been cleared. Obviously short of staff. One poor man was trying to serve people, work in kitchen, take meals to tables and clear tables. An impossible task. I felt so sorry for them. All in all a bad experience and terrible meal. Betty Davis [protected]
[protected]@btinternet.com

Desired outcome: Refund and improvement in cafe for the future

V
3:26 am EDT

Morrisons Family & Friends Discount Club Card Registration - Vivian Fozzard

I am absolutely fed up with trying to validate my Family and Friends Discount Club Card online. I have followed all the instructions carefully and although it say's it has validated the card it does not appear on my online shopping account as "colleague discount" which it always did when I had my previous "Plus Discount Card". I worked at the Wetherby Store for 10yrs and gave loyal service and am now 94yrs old and cannot do with ringing Customers Services who don't know anything anyway as it has nothing to do with them and get passed around from pillar to post. I would appreciate more help. My member Number is [protected] and my Family and Friends Discount Club Card is:
[protected] 0 There are two delivery addresses on my online shopping account and these are:
4 Scott Mews, Scott Lane, Wetherby LS22 6LH - mine
& 53 Fleet Lane, Tockwith, YO26 7QD - my daughter.
What can I do to get help with this? is it a technical issue, a card issue or what? No one seems to know. Help.

Desired outcome: Registration of my Family and Friends Discount Club Card

Morrisons In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Morrisons is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the desired products. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and search options, ensuring a smooth user experience.

Product Range and Availability: Morrisons offers a wide range of products, including fresh produce, groceries, household items, and more. The availability of products is generally good, with most items in stock and ready for purchase.

Pricing and Value for Money: Morrisons provides competitive prices and offers good value for money. The prices are often lower compared to other supermarkets, and the quality of the products justifies the cost.

Delivery Options and Efficiency: Morrisons offers various delivery options, including home delivery and click and collect. The delivery service is efficient, with prompt and reliable delivery times. The website also provides real-time tracking of orders.

Customer Service and Support: Morrisons has excellent customer service and support. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist with any queries or concerns. They provide prompt responses and strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Quality and Freshness of Products: Morrisons maintains high standards of quality and freshness for its products. The fresh produce is of excellent quality, and the packaged goods are well within their expiration dates.

Loyalty Programs and Promotions: Morrisons offers a loyalty program that provides exclusive discounts and rewards to its members. They also regularly run promotions and special offers, allowing customers to save money on their purchases.

Sustainability and Ethical Practices: Morrisons is committed to sustainability and ethical practices. They source their products responsibly, support local suppliers, and have initiatives in place to reduce waste and carbon footprint.

Online Ordering Process: The online ordering process at Morrisons is straightforward and hassle-free. The website provides clear instructions, and the checkout process is quick and secure. Customers can easily customize their orders and select delivery or collection options.

Returns and Refunds Policy: Morrisons has a fair returns and refunds policy. If there are any issues with the products, they offer hassle-free returns and provide refunds or replacements promptly.

Overall Shopping Experience: Shopping at Morrisons is a pleasant experience overall. The website is user-friendly, the product range is extensive, and the prices are competitive. The efficient delivery service and excellent customer support further enhance the overall shopping experience.

Comparison with Competitors: Morrisons stands out from its competitors with its competitive pricing, wide product range, and excellent customer service. It offers a strong alternative to other supermarkets, providing a satisfying shopping experience.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Morrisons has received positive customer reviews and ratings. Customers appreciate the quality of products, competitive prices, and efficient service. The overall satisfaction level is high.

Pros and Cons of Shopping at Morrisons: The pros of shopping at Morrisons include competitive prices, a wide product range, excellent customer service, and efficient delivery options. The cons may include occasional out-of-stock items and limited delivery slots during peak times.

Recommendations and Conclusion: I would highly recommend shopping at Morrisons for its user-friendly website, competitive prices, wide product range, and excellent customer service. The overall shopping experience is satisfying, and the quality of products is commendable. Morrisons is a reliable choice for grocery shopping.

How to file a complaint about Morrisons?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary details and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Morrisons. Make it specific and clear, such as "Overcharged for groceries at Morrisons" or "Poor customer service at Morrisons bakery."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or branch of Morrisons involved.
  • The date and time of the incident or issue.
  • A clear description of what happened, focusing on the nature of the issue.
  • Any interactions you had with Morrisons employees, including names or descriptions if possible.
  • Details of any transactions, including receipts, product names, and prices.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue with Morrisons, including any communication with their customer service.
  • The company's response or lack thereof.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or distress.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents, such as receipts, photos, or email correspondence, to support your complaint. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Morrisons. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, an apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all the details are correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint against Morrisons on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your complaint for any responses or updates. Regularly check your email and ComplaintsBoard.com account for notifications related to your complaint or review.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Morrisons customer service

Phone numbers

+44 345 611 6111 +44 345 322 0000 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Morrisons?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Morrisons Customer Service. Initial Morrisons complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Morrisons above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Morrisons. Discuss the issues you have had with Morrisons and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.