Having problems with Morrisons?

+44 345 611 6111 (Customer Service)
+44 345 322 0000 (Online Shopping Enquiries)
+44 845 611 5000 (General Or Corporate Enquiries)
+44 845 611 5710 (Investor Enquiries)
WM Morrison, Hilmore House, Gain Lane
Bradford
United Kingdom - BD37DL

Complaints & Reviews

oppened pack

a multi-pack of cheese puffs was purchsed on 9/4/10 in morrisons, pendeford, wolverhampton apon opening, one...

Wolverhampton Food

bullinging

I'm writting a complaint about a store check out manager from inverness store 188 Kerion patterson. *...

staff treatment

My partner is (Was... I'll come to that bit) a team leader on a fresh counter. She stepped down, only to find that the 3 staff members in 3 months that replaced her all walked due to the pressure - so she stepped back up. She has a team of - and I don't know how to say it in pc terms so I apologise - total #s who look like they have trouble to remember to breathe - and the senior management treat her like total dirt. It came to a head a few weeks back when she just totally lost it after working some 70 hours the previous week - no day off in 4 weeks - and walked out. I went and had a "chat" with the sm who basically told me that she was a liability. However, she returned to work and nothing was said. Until this week. Apparently, since then she has been demoted (With no being told, no meeting, disciplinary, nada) since the day of her "episode" and as such she's no longer being paid at a tl rate. Which was news to her considering she had been working like a slave and doing all the extra hours that were required of a tl (With no overtime!!!)

Sorry to rant and sorry if its a bit long going but I have to say, I work for a rival company and I think the tools that run the particular store are totally incompetant, rude and arrogant. They have no concept of the term "staff support" and they believe that anyone who comes to them for help is showing signs of weakness. I hope the company goes belly up, because all of the staff could do so much better than work for these gangsters!!!

• Ka
    Katikat50 May 27, 2010

Agree 100%
    Didn't realise such behaviour was company wide. I like my job but having to deal with untrained, ignorant supevisors and managers makes it very difficult. My one supervisor is great and doesn't allow her staff to be bullied. However, there are "the two" in personnel who must have masters degree in hope to upset and intimidate people. They are extremely rude, make decisions on a whim, and interfere in areas that are not their business. This year they changed the policy for holidays - we have to take n0 less than a week at a time. It wasn't like this before. Their sick certification rules change all the time too. I think there is a lot of sick time because of the behaviour of supervisors and managers. As I said, the two or three top managers do not fall into this category, only the personnell people and sum suprvisors.

• Un
    unhappyworker Jul 19, 2012

we are the same at the livingston store we have a new manager who is a dictator no less than 4 department managers have been off sick with stress/depression since december and one duty manager does that not tell y ou something also members of staff off with stress too. also the amount of holiday forms that have 'disappeared' one flying out on monday not getting their holiday and being told if they go they will be AWOL. personnell manager is very unaproachable. i thought personnell should be interested in staff but they say no time come back later...when is later when you need someone. also someones partner was in labout they got told to finish shift wouldnt let them go and also another father-in-law in intensive care dying got told couldnt go to his bedside. what kind of staff do you have the morale is really low and i mean really low. when the shop manager is off its a totally different atmosphere even the duty managers are relieved. DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!

• Zo
    zonkford Aug 22, 2012

we have two hr staff in the office, i thought it stood for 'human relations' but for one of them it should be 'inhuman relations!!!i havent a clue what is to be done about the store i am in all i can say is sack the whole management and let the staff run the store and oh joy what a happy little store it would be

• Re
    Reviewer43784 Jan 13, 2016

Having worked for Morrison's for 44 years I am currently of sick for 15 months the management have told me thy wont pay me of I have to resign and if I wate till after 31 march I will lose my holiday pay . on 8 february 2016 I will have bean 45 years with the same company

• Cr
    Cristiyan Wood May 22, 2016

with the new "management " changes put in place. I find my current position at a petrol station unattainable. I'm training as well as doing my full time job making availability available. When given staff not wanted in store (due to either issues with management or other issues). I have to train them to competent ability. The petrol manager is now the utility manager, so extra work load comes down on me. Seeing as there no team leader rate for my job I'm very much vexed. So as I'm looking for new employment my tenure will soon come to an end. Not impressed.

• Ar
    Argumentative Feb 08, 2017

God, I couldn't agree more. One big set of bullies. My wife has just returned from a reconvened meeting at Ecclesfield store ( she worked at Hillsborough ) she was spoken to like sh t on the shop floor by a manager in front of other staff & customers, got so upset she walked out, went to her GP who signed her off with work related stress, she called the store to explain she had gone home &vtge same manager came on the phone only to talk over her & very abrupt so she hung up on him. Then at a meeting she was accused of ringing up & impersonating a customer pretending to have seen a manager shouting at a member of staff. She attended a disciplinary & was given a verbal warning & again was accused of making this call. The note taker conducting the minutes even left out information & the minutes where never given to her to read before leaving. At one point the managers even bullied & pressurised her into going back to work whist been signed off by her GP only to drag her into a formal meeting without a representative on the first day she returned, bullying set of liers. Don't work for Morrison's they treat people like something you step in & it stinks.

unsatisfactory sausages

On opening a bag of pork & beef sausages.
found that three sausages were joined together and no skin, the skin seperate in the bag.

morrisons unsweetened cappuccino (instant)

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have just purchased 2 boxes of the "New" Instant Cappuccino unsweetened product. We have purchased this product for several years now, tried other brands, but, found we preferred Morrisons own.
However, this new version is very bitter, not at all like the old product which was as a cappuccino should taste - this just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Why, did they change a winning recipe, I await your comments.
Yours sincerely Marion Feldwhere (Mrps. we do all our weekley shop in the Seaford branch, and find most of your products to be very good, but, as I said this Cappuccino!!!

hair found in the product

I bought a morrisons own pack of two toad in the hole, which i have done on many occasions, unfortunately the one i had for my tea today had a hair in the middle of the sausage which wasn't one of mine. I normally enjoy this product but iam now left very disappointed .

bullying

I have now worked for morrion's for a number of years now and have and still am suffering from bulling and intiadation I am not the only one to suffer this treatment dished out by the night manager Gwyn Jones and belive that this bullying is not limeted to one store (newtown powys wales ) it is company wide I am being constantly got at The manager tries to turn my work mates agaisnt me by attempting o get them to make complaints against me. on my first night he told me i was a wase of space and when i went trough the dorr to go home not to come back like i say I am not the only one to be a victim of this I see it all the time I have been trough the copay procedures of complaint but nothing is ever done to resolve this In one instance i remember Gwyn had upset a young girl working there anyway she ended up in tears and ran outside (it was near the end of her shift) to her father who was waitng to take her home, it aws that bad tnat her father entered the store to comfront Gwyn the father nearly hit gwyn as he was upset and a nother manager had to intervine to calm the situation.ONne worker who was also being bullied got unfairly dismissed for something they had not done but appealed and got thier job back the appael found that morrisos had no evidence to warrant dissmisal. the thing that anouys me the most about everyone knows what is going on but are unwilling to do or say anything as they are fearfull tey will be the next ones to get bullied and in this current climate of recession no one can afford to be with out a job.

• Fe
    fed up and bullied Feb 29, 2012

How can we stop the bullying? What can we do that doesnt jepordise our jobs? Any ideas or advise welcomed x

• Ro
    roady123 Jul 08, 2012

im sorry how did you get aj ob in the first place with spelling that bad lol

• Me
    Meesa Apr 09, 2014

In the Morrisons store where I'm working night shift everyone get bullied by the duty night manager.We tried everything but she is still there and can do what she wants.Next week she will be really bad because another manager is on sick.He went home because of her.We can't do nothing right.If we are too fast is not right and if we are too slow is not right.I think she does not know what she is talking.Her husband is working in this store as well.He got my job so they can have nights off together.

• Ka
    Kasam1234 May 23, 2017

I am getting bullied for the last 9 years by GM and his cronies he is getting rid of all the non Asians staff and making us do up to 12 hours a day 6 or even 7 days a week although we get paid we are forced to do bizarre hours e.g 6pm to 3am or 12am to 9am pleasee help as I am thinking about suicide

• Be
    Beatbully Aug 05, 2017

@Kasam1234 Suicide is not the answer I know exactly how you feel go see your doctor then go see citizens Advice it may be that they are in breach a working time directives you do not have to work more than 48 hours a week unless you opt out they cannot force you to work Sundays Employment Rights Act 1996 gives you the right to opt out you will get six months at full pay if you're ill on the sick do this instead of suicide to calm down you can raise a grievance at head office but managers will not conduct a fair procedure make sure you get copies of the meeting notes at the end of each meeting you are entitled to this join a union have them in with you at meetings you might get abused less if you were feeling low and you need somebody to talk about it I will talk to you there is life after Morrisons find another job and go put the grievance in once you found the job employment tribunals do not charge fees now so it is likely Morrisons will face more claims because of this stupid managers

• Be
    Beatbully Aug 05, 2017

They are the worst employers they do not care about staff managers are not inteligent as they do not know how to treat people do not trust them get meeting notes at every meeting you are entitled to them

bullying bosses

I don`t know how they get away with it but Morrisons treat their staff like 2nd class citizens especially the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices