Cargill's Food City Logo

Cargill's Food City

Having problems with Cargill's Food City?

Cargill's Food City reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 22, 2015. The latest review Behavior if the cashier was posted on Jun 22, 2021. The latest complaint Unethical cashier behaviour was resolved on Apr 25, 2021. Cargill's Food City has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 59 reviews. Cargill's Food City has resolved 1 complaints.

Cargill's Food City Customer Service Contacts

+94 112 427 777 (Customer Service)
+94 112 427 500 (Customer Service)
+94 112 337 501 (Cargills Food Services (TGI Fridays)
№ 40, York Street
Colombo 01
Sri Lanka

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cargill's Food City Customer Service. Initial Cargill's Food City complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cargill's Food City above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cargill's Food City. Discuss the issues you have had with Cargill's Food City and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cargill's Food City Complaints & Reviews

Cargill's Food CityBehavior if the cashier

Yesterday evening i went to your one of outlet when my husband went to pay the bill my husband ask about credit card offers and the cashier told there no offers she did not ask about the loyalty card or phone number .i went to go to buy grapes bcz my son ask for it.when come to pay only one cashier in from counter others were closed.i think they were hurry to close there cash.i waited to pay and i ask why didnt add discount to my other bill suddenly behind one cashier said I ASK HE THIS SIR SAID NO LOYALTY CARD.My husband said she didnt ask so turn to come other side.again cashier said ITS NOT MY FAULT I ASK HE SAID NO ASK THAT SIR, she talk continue .i ask her did i say anything to you mide me miss communication she still ttalk loudly and SHE SAID ITS NOTMU FAULT I KNOW MY WORK ITS YOUR FAULT LIKE THAT.My husband was very upset and shy he went out.when that cashier sound supervisor also was looking when Im going out he ask me mam wwhat happened i told him and came out.still she was looking me and stairs at me.then i ask manager whats going on he said i ask her i will look forward this matter . that time al cashier was turning shoulder laughing at me.I really went to buy goldie meatball cz i heard thought siyatha fm DJ ARA was talking about discount to the loyalty customers .but when you enter to outlet this is the situation .Im also from hospitality industry but we know how to handle the upset customer and when the mistake happened apologize to the customer and make more rreturning customers .so take tjis issue as a genuine one.hope you will take proper action .i loss my discount point and mood aswell .when i come out my son ask AMMI U UPSET BCZ THAT AUNTY SHOUT YOU, DONT CRY AMMI, WHAT UNCLE TOLD YOU.IS THAT AUNTY BAD AMMI.i really feel so apset.so please arrange the a training abot complain handlingand attitude .what ever offers you introduced what campaign you do their will be no use with customer upset with this kind of matters.please find the bill I have attached.

Behavior if the cashier

Jun 11, 2021

Cargills Online Services — Product delivery services

My Order No [protected] dated 21May 2021 for Rs 5577/ I have placed orders with them for the last one...

May 18, 2021

Cargill's Food City — Overcharging, very rude and irresponsible employees (posting my complaint again as they have removed it)

Yesterday (2021.05.17) my mother bought about Rs.7000 worth products from Cargills Food City Battaramulla...

Cargill's Food CityFood Tampering

Location-Mirigama Cargill's Food City

I bought this Ritzbury chocolate from Cargill's Food City Mirigama branch only to find out that it's seal is broken. After I opened the cardboard packaging I saw the inside cover was torn and several pieces of chocolate was missing. I can totally forgive if a worker has eaten the chocolate purely because he can't afford it. But the problem is as this is Corona period and this pandemic is spreading, this chocolate could have been contaminated by the COVID virus. Plus I don't even know whether the person who stole the chocolate piece is Corona positive or not. Even though this looks like a minor problem, I hope you understand that "This is a serious health hazard and I hope Cargill's will take some actions towards this kind of irresponsible hygieneless acts as this is a threat to the whole society. Please take immediate actions or I will have to complain this to relevant government officials .
    Thank you.

Cargill's Food CityUnethical cashier behaviour

Hello,

Date of incidence: 25-April-2021

On the above mentioned date a packet of tampons were included among the goods me and my mother was about to check out from the cashier, and after entering the product to the bill, the female cashier proceeded to ask me if I saw the price of the product (which was Rs. 500), and urged my mother who was going to pay for the goods that day not to let me buy the product, a 21 year old full fledged member of the society, because of reasons "she cannot talk about". Being the conventional person she is, my mother was utterly embarrassed by the incident and asked her to remove the item from the bill, which she did. I am assuming the reason that female cashier was concerned about the product was the infamous 'Toxic Shock Syndrome' that can be caused by "improper" use of tampons. While I understand where this cashier's concerns come from, she not only unsolicitedly opiniated the customer's choice of goods, but judged them of being incapable of making healthy choices when selecting products. I too am at fault in this case as it is my mother who bear conventional ideology and proceeded to agree with the employee. As highly educated junior personnel working in the financial services industry, I am damn well aware of how to use a tampon properly and I find the cashier's behaviour unreservedly disrespectful, and I hope you take necessary actions to ensure nothing of this sort incur in one of your business premises ever again. Thank you for taking your time to read my complaint.

RESOLVED

Certainly wasn't resolved but I realised that the company doesn't give a flying f abt customer complaints. So f that business.

Cargill's Food CityDiscount not included in the Bill

I went to Cargills Maharagama on 10/04/2021
        I Paid for the Bill using my Sampath Credit Card where there should be a 10% total reduction.
        I was hurry on that moment and after 1/2 hour, i noticed that one informed the Maharagama via [protected], they told that it will be rectified on next working day.
        I'm still waiting and waiting nothing rectified.

Please do needful.

Bill No 176
        Cashier Aravinda
        My card no [protected]
        Contact no [protected]

Cargill's Food Cityez caz not sending

Malaba 3 branch akan 3000 ez caz damma hnb finance akata. A salli damma keyala boru kara a salli yanna cargills aka wana account akakata hnb finance akata mama katha kara ath salli gehan na. Hnb bank akan keyanawa godak danakuta ahama kara keyala. Cargills not good menussu rawattanawa horu ahu wanna apa.. Maka. Hora jawaramak wana kanaka acount akata salli yanne a. I'm srilanka [protected]

ez caz not sending

Cargill's Food CityService

This is Kulandren, I am your customer long ago, my contract number is [protected]
            The complaint regarding 5kg Rice bag, for a long period this product was not available in Hatton outlet, yesterday I have personally noticed that with your Hatton outlet staff's support they selling this to your next door araliya shop, they have big stock but their staff coming and get your stock once displayed, continuously your staff's support for types of service, but as your customer we are finding difficult to purchase rice at your outlet, lots of time I have purchased rice outside shops, if you ask for inquiry I can personally support to you, I have attached my last bill for your reference, rice invoices two numbers back to this invoice
            Your valuable customer
            Kulandren

Service

Cargill's Food CityComplaining about one staff behavior

The person who working at STC Food City Name is Sameera Madumal (May be Bar assistant) Blamed a person through Facebook messenger Using Bad words (including to use the word of MOTHER) and requested to come there too.. If we went to there there will be something will happen to Foodcity too. Therefore please teach how behave with customers or take any action with that staff. We can't keep calm I will Attached his message below

Complaining about one staff behavior

Cargill's Food CityComplaint regarding the Wellawatta branch service

Dear Manager,

I am a long standing customer with Cargills. I used to purchase my goods from the Mount Lavinia Branch and there the customer service was excellent. even the manager there is very helpful
                I write the below with great regret.
                I have recently Shifted to wellawatta and have been very patient with their service.
                I would like to bring to your notice that when I buy the vegetables I try to reduce the number of shopping bags as much as possible, and so I take the vegetables in the cart to the person who is weighing and ask them to put 2 or 3 vegetables in one bag. (I carry the required number of shipping bags as well)

Today (6th march) I went to the wellawatta outlet (next to moor road) and asked the lady who was weighing to do the above she got so irritated and refused to do so. I asked her why? and that we have to reduce plastic as much as possible, she just wouldn't give in. she said because the prices may vary that she cant put it together n one bag.
                then she threw the carrots on the weighing machine where one fell to the ground and broke in to two (she picked the broken carrots and put it in the bag lazily), eventually because I insisted and she put the another Veggie in one bag with great irritation to the point where things on the table also fell to the ground, because she threw the stuff to the machine.

I did not react I took my stuff and left to buy the other items.

When I proceeded to the counter I asked the manager there Nirmala W as I recall - if Cargills follows the concept of GOGreen she didn't know what it meant. I was shocked! she didn't understand what I was trying to say about pollution and why we need to reduce plastic.
                she went on to say that some customers ask for more bags and so they give and that they are the ones getting scolded because they give less bags and she asked if I wanted more bags and started putting the stuff in shipping bags. clearly she didn't understand the concept and she didn't stop to listen to what I was trying to say. (BTW I had my onw cloth bags to carry the stuff)

My question to you doesn't cargills follow he concept of GoGreen? to reduce plastic? I see the green bags hanging for purchase, and also is there no briefing done to the sales persons on how to handle customers? I was very disappointed.
                btw today is the 3rd time that this same person at the vegetable weighing counter did this to me of refusing to baggage the way I wanted reducing the number of plastic.
                there were no queue behind me as well.

I did not want to share this bad experience in a public forum as I have always been satisfied by your service. and the vegetables I found have always been of variety and fresh.

Kind to do look in to this matter. and speak to the employees at the welawatta brand specially the importance of reducing plastic and what it means to GOGreen for the betterment of the future generation.

Hope to see bio biodegradable bags in place in the coming future as well.
                I had already emailed this incident to [protected]@cargillsonline.com as well not sure if this is the correct forum.

Yours Sincerely
                Muriel Ratnasingam
                [protected]

Cargill's Food CityService

I normally go to the Ekala Cargills food city and always I get a negative image when I leave the premises. The staff is not friendly and supportive. I wanted to buy some fish and there was no one in the fish counter. I rang the bell thrice and no one came. The ladies wearing saree looked at me and went away without calling anyone. I wanted to talk to the manager since this happened to me and my husband a few times. The manager was not friendly too and he refused to talk with the customers. I asked someone else to check what I want and give it away. He was acting like I'm a beggar. Please, Cargill's don't do this to your customers. You lost a valuable customer you had.

Cargill's Food CityCustom service

Your custom service is not Okay. We came to borrow things with our money not ur salesman money. Tell them to be kind with costumers. They don't ask apologize for any mistakes. Specifically bill mistakes. We got many times bill mistakes with thalawathgoda branch but they never ask apologize any time . They are helpless. Specifically this complaint about thalawathgoda branch !

Sandya Kalupahana Jun 07, 2021

Appreciation -
                        Food City Express Veyangoda Branch Manager Mr Ruwan was very helpful gave a superb customer service. I explained my situation and immediately he responded to my needs (wanted to help one of my helper who has been affected by floods as well has lost their jobs as well and they really needed some dry rations)I am from Battaramulla and arranged the cash payment from the Bank and within 4 hours he has delivered the goods to the customer. With Mr Ruwan - Ms. Sewwandhi who was working the same outlet helped by taking the order and confirmation of payment informed then and there and it was very easy for me to get my order done so quickly at this crucial time of the country situation (COVID 19 and flooding). It’s a great pleasure to inform the heads of the company about Mr Ruwan and Ms Sewwandi’s commendable service.

• Ni
                        Nihlah Feb 16, 2021

Really true works though is they are owner of the Cargills

Cargill's Food CityBad security service

Hi
                      12.02.2021 I went to the Beruwala Cargill's branch, at 8 pm, I gave the bag to the security officer before I enter to do shopping inside forward but the security said to keep on his counter table or said to keep on top of his behind cupboard, I asked for any token, he said no, can they safely keep the customers bag without been misplace, but in keels they have token system.

Feb 11, 2021

Cargill's Food City — Return of damaged elephant house - fruit and nut ice cream worth 400 rupees and poor customer handling policy

I would like to begin by stating, I really like ur outlets in exception of the outlet I am complaining about...

Cargill's Food CityService

cashiers are very slow and the bills can't reed. It's very bad that such a big company with reputation act as minor business people. There are managers and supervisors but no body is guiding the minor staff. So customers has to spend their valuable time unnecessarily as well as law quality print of a bill makes them confused. Even I can't recognize what I have paid for.

Service

Cargill's Food CityStaff that is irresponsible

Few weeks ago my father just visited the Cargills, Sri Lanka, Arangala branch. Problem was that the staff didn't seem to be responsible and active and some did not properly wore a mask even, and the cashier is somewhat stubborn because when showed her a rs.1000 note she told me that do you have a rs.170. But it is common sense that when a customer gives money over the payment for example when you have rs.100 the amount payment amount of rs.90 the cashier needs to make and immediate impression to give change but she seems sleepy and don't know much about it. I really appreciate to have the change to that.

Cargill's Food CityComplain about customers relationship

Yesterday 02.01.2021 went to rawathawaththa branch and when I was going to pay my bill I ask that counter girl to punch my loyalty card she did not punch that I ask her 3 times why you didn't punch that she didn't reply me again I ask from her she reply me very roughly you need to give that early

Complain about customers relationship

Cargills Food CityCard payment deducted charged for two times

31 Dec 2020 around 6.30 P.M. I paid My Rs. 2382.32 Payment for my purchases.
                              1st time when cashier has swiped the card at POS machine and bill has not come out.
                              I allowed again to swipe for the payment slip and slip also received without my star points.
                              I received Rs. 2382.32+ 2410.32 = 4792.64 payment deduction sms from the bank after short while. I complain to the supervisor about this payment issue and he agreed to call me once he discuss with the bank.
                              Still my cash has not transferred to my account.

Please advice to me on this.
                              Thank You.

Cargill's Food CityExplanation about the offer,

Recently I've visited Cargills food city Jaffna branch near clock tower road in front of Jaffna general hospital and I've got an offer message from Cargills I was trying to ask the manager lady who is in-charge for the store but she doesn't respond properly and the customer service assistant boy doesn't know about the offer and confused and made me by the wrong product at the end I bought those products almost same price and lost my money all I want is some respect or at least respond to your customers in a proper way, Even though it's urgent that manager lady on the phone for long time during the office hours plz kindly take action to make sure your customers won't face these inconvenience in future.

Explanation about the offer,
                                Explanation about the offer,

Cargill's Food CityCustomer service

During my last three visit to the Kegalle Food City Branch, I asked to have a Customer Loyalty arragement. But the cashiers did not coporated over my request. At the frist time they said "We do not have such kind of arragement". Secound time said that "Loyalty Card Stock is finished" and the third time said "We do not have time now. Come in another day".
                                  I did not expect such an embarrassing respond from an organization like Cargills. Also you need to understand that the only option we have is not Cargills. We have Keels, Arpico, Sathosa, Athukorala, Waligama etc. Keels also have the same fresh, quality product at a reasonable price also. Also their customer service also up to standard and very professional...