Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Logo

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa

Having problems with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa?

135 (From Any MTN Number)
+27 83 135 (Customer Service)
+27 831 231 761 (MY Contract (MTN Active) Queries)
+27 831 233 032 (Web & MTN Online Shop Queries)
+27 831 233 667 (MTN Direct Sales)
14th Avenue
Johannesburg
South Africa - 2196

Complaints & Reviews

n1 million + free trip to 2010 world cup

On the 16th day of September, at 3.32 a.m., a message, claimed to have come from MTN, was posted to one of my...

mtn share and sell

We cannot transfer credits from phone numbers [protected] and [protected] because our line was barred as a result of mixing up our share and sell password.

my line

I am writing to express my displeasure at the way my account as a subscriber under your company has been handled so far. As a matter of fact, according to advertisements on Medias, that subscriber, who wish to continue with your network, while leaving the country, should be in touch and as well, notify the company.
I left the country, Nigeria, on 29th September 2008, and before then; I registered my account on roaming. To my surprise and utter disappointment, months after, my line has been transferred to another subscriber.
This, I will not condone and I can assure you that I will not hesitate to take a legal actions should your action be not revoked, since that action had cost me several losses.
My details are:
Name: Charles

• On
    onuoha Nov 04, 2009

my name is iheanyi onuoha i lost my phone together with my mtn line i bought since 2002 last saturday.i tried retrieving it online and i was told to put the new sim after 3 hrs which i did, yet it did not work.i went to mtn office here in Abuja and was given a form to fill and after meeting all the requirements i was given a welcome back sim which i was asked to put on my new phone after 3hrs.it has not worked till now.pls i am stranded as my clients will be worried too.i have lst contact and wiil not like to change that line.i need help.onuoha iheanyi is my name from abj.my no is 08033962761

• Ek
    Ekwo Adanna Dec 12, 2013

my name is Adanna from Anambra state, please i partispated in MTN registration exercise in 2010 under mega vin communication onitsha Anambra state and ever since then no payment was made, not even a kobo was given. please i need assistance. Ada is my name.phone number 07033993999

complaint about excessive rates

I took out a MTN contract 24-05-2001. I have spent in excess of R300, 00.00 worth of phone calls and sms's. I have always paid in full and on time each month. I've had two accounts with MTN; one 3G and one is my mobile. I have just cancelled my 3G account with MTN and have not renewed my Mobile account with them.
I have NEVER received a phone on an upgrade without having to pay in at least R1000-R2000. I have never received an incentive gift or award for being a valued customer. Over and above that, I have been subjected to extortionate rates and debits taken off my account. With particular reference to the 3G product, which I have just cancelled; the prices being charged by MTN are excessive and exorbitant.
On 21-09-2007, I was ill-advised and took out a contract for 3G. The consultant assured me that 1G was more than enough for my purposes, which were explained succinctly. The contract was apparently a special of 1G at R349. My first two bills for 3G were R2995.64 and R5625.75 respectively. This was clearly not what I had signed for for. When I phoned to increase my Gig volume I was told that I could not amend/upgrade the contract; so I had to make do for the contract period. After several more excessive accounts and after numerous phone calls to MTN to no avail, I lodged a complaint on "Hello Peter". This was the first time I received a phone call from MTN to assist with the matter. On 15 July, 2008, a consultant named Peter Feeke tried to explain the 3G billing procedure and in the process, set a cap of R400.00 for me. I signed and faxed documents regarding this. I thought this would resolve the issue of excessive bills. I also thought that MTN would honour their side of this agreement.
Unfortunately, MTN have not honoured their agreement and have consistently charged more than the figure I've signed for. Not being one who checks my accounts closely, I have not noticed the extra couple of hundreds going off my account. I have however noticed when large amounts like R7000 and R8000 have been taken off my account. My latest bill for 3G is R20, 123.00 which was for a period of 13 days. This is simply not possible and I am outraged my the fact that nobody has tended to this massive problem. I have made numerous phone calls, all of which have not been responded to.
I am astounded that nobody can return my call when I have queried the above. But when I faxed through the form to cancel the 3G contract, I received a phone within minutes questioning why I was cancelling the contract! It further astounds me that MTN can hide behind an excuse of "the cap cannot be guaranteed" when there are sophisticated and advanced systems monitoring this.
The service (more so lack thereof) I have received from MTN is atrocious. It is unacceptable, which is why I have not renewed my 8 year long contract. I will no longer accept this shocking service nor will I pay the excessive rates that MTN lure people into paying. MTN's 3G product is malicious and expedient, preying on people who don't know computer details such as the Rand value of a Mb or Gig etc; as well as not honouring agreements set in place to protect their customers.

Below is a table of my bills, illustrating that MTN somply do not comply with the 3G agreement and just debit whatever they like. The ONLY time my account has ever been within the agreement was when I have NOT used it at all.

DATE 3G
07-06-2009 R7824.24
07-07-2009 R350.79
07-08-2009 R20 123.00

Patrick Feeke
15 July, 2008 Consultant phoned me back because of "Hello Peter" complaint. Set 3G at limit of R400.00

Jermaine Williams
July, 2009 Query bill limit and made a request for a supervisor to call me regarding the matter

Lusanda Dumalisila
27 July, 2009 Query bill and cancel account

Bongani Mkhaliphi
10 Aug, 2009 I called ask when I could cancel 3G and query account of R20 123.00 Ref [protected]

Tracy Coerecius
12 August, 2009 She called to question why I was cancelling my 3G

Jabulani Ntimezo
12 August, 2009 Complaint about 3G billing. He said he would stop debit order for end of August until matter resolved

Sebongile Mahlakwale
12 August, 2009 Credit limit and query 3G account Ref [protected]

I have spoken to several consultants, all of whom have not assisted me with the resolution of this matter. I am anxiety struck at the thought of R22 681.70 coming off my account at the end of August. I have sought legal advice regarding this matter, and fully intend to exercise my rights as a customer.

Yours sincerely,

Bronwen Campbell

• Ve
    vedra1 Aug 25, 2009

I took out an MTN contract about 2 years ago. I had 2 cell phone numbers. I never had a problem with mine. I put a bill limit on there and was told that the account wouldn't be more than R30 to R30 extra a month.
    I was never told that if games are downloaded it would be extra. Once I queried the account, I was told that it was R500, because of games, etc. they couldn't prevent us from downloading the games, only making the calls. I never knew that I had a limit of R2000. Only then would they prevent any calls, games, etc from going through. I was stunned!

This sounds more like a rip off to me. I am considering going to a different Network. My sister is paying R350pm. They say that my 2 year contract has expired and that I should pay R120pm even though I cannot use my account at all, because the discount has expired. I am paying R120 extra a month until the account is paid up, plus the R350 that my sister is paying and we don't get any service whatsoever

I was just told to pay the account and both numbers are blocked up till now. I took out a cheap contract and added the bill limit because I couldn't afford a big account. When I phoned to make arrangements to pay off the account, I was treated as if I stole something and don't want to pay for it. The customer care sucks. Most MTN customer care operators have no idea how to talk to customers.

• Lu
    lucrass Sep 09, 2009

MTN did a similiar thing to me, they over charge for data while letting you think you still have credit and blame there billing system and say they are not responsible. I have paid thousands on extra data due to MTN's inabilty to enforce my set credit limit!!!

Stay away from MTN's 3G data card you will be sent huge bills.

• Su
    super mario Mar 11, 2010

Well, I am shocked, because vodacom 3G stung me with similar bills and I thought MTN would be my next contract. NOT!!
    And what is the worst, they will not reveal to you where you used all this data on the web, dates and times yes, but nothing else.

All I can say is 3G vodocom or mtn is a ripp off!!!

wrong billing

I have made my complaint at mtn but up to date have heard nothing on the matter. But they still expect me to pay for a mistake they made.

MALJAN Feb 03, 2010

GOODAY TO ALL OF THE ABOVE:

MY NAME IS JAN LUCAS JANSE VAN RENSBURG
    ID NR:7504015109089
    ACCONT NR 078 233 7772(DATA BUNDLE ACCOUNT

AS FROM 28 NOVEMBER MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED, REASON BEING, NOBOBY KNOWS AND NO ONE CAN ASSIST ME WITH MY ACCOUNT MATTERS.AFTER MANY CALLS TO YOUR CALL CENTRE NOBODY SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO HELP APART FROM THEM BEING VERY RUDE AND NON HELPFULL. END OF NOVEMBER I HAD TO PAY SOMETHING LIKE R2400, AND THEN AGAIN 3000 RAND FOR SERVICES I DID NOT USE. THEY CANT GIVE ME ANY BILLING INFO AND SAY THAT THEY DON’T HAVE ANY ANSWERS. I’VE BEEN A LONG LOYAL CLIENT OF ITALK AND NEVER SEEN THIS POOR AND BAD SERVICE, I WENT AS FAR AS YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT AND THEY SAID THAT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT 15 DAYS FOR THE ACCOUNT QUERIES AND THAT THEY DON’T HAVE ANY ANSWERS AS TO WHATS WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT, AND IN THE MEAN TIME I MUST JUST PAY THESE AMOUNTS TO KEEP MY NAME CLEAR. MTN SENT ME AN SMS SAYING THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF MY ACCOUNT PROBLEMS, AND MY SERVICE PROVIDER WILL REFUND ME ON MY ACCOUNT, HOWEVER ANOTHER PAYMENT WENT THROUHT ON MY ACCOUNT.I HAVE REFRENCE NUMBERS (TWO OF THEM THEY DID NOT WANT TO GIVE ME A NOTHER ONE OR MORE REF NR 57365762/57375344)BUT THEY MEAN NOTHING.

I THINK THAT TO STRUGGLE WITH ACOUNTS THAT’S NOT YOUR ISSUE AND SOMETHING THAT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER CANT GET RESOLVED AFTER 3 MONTHS, NEEDS TO BE ATTENDED TO BY SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHATS GOING ON BECAUSE TO BE HONEST, THIS IS REALLY STARTING BE AN IRRITATION AND TO FIGHT ABOUT IT ALL, DOESN’T SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS .

DEMANDS!
    NOT THAT I AM DEMANDING ANYTHING BECAUSE IT’S NOT RIGTH BUT I REALLY NEED THIS ACCOUNT TO BE SORTED WITH IN 24 HOURS I NEED BILLING STATEMENTS FROM 1 NOVEMBER 2009, TILL DATE. I NEED A REFUND WITH IN 24 HOURS. I NEED SOME ONE TO CALL ME AND EXPLAIN WHAT WENT WRONG.
    I DO NOT MEAN TO BE SO DIRECT BUT IF NOTHING IS DONE I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE THIS FUTHER TO CONSUMER COUNSIL, HELLO PETER AND NOW THE NEW PROGRAM OF CARTE BLANCHE WHERE THEY SORT OUT ISSUES LIKE THIS, ALSO A COPY OF THIS IS GOING TO MY LAWYER AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY RESPONSES FROM I TALK, FOR ANY FURTHER PROPLEMS ALL NAMES ON TOP OF THIS MAIL WILL BE MENTIONED IN ORDER FOR ME TO SEE IF ITALK REALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR CLIENTS. MY LAWYER IS BUSY WITH MTN TO SEE WHAT HE CAN GET RESOLVED, JUST TO ADD, I DON’T NEED TO HAVE TO GO THIS FAR IF MY ISSUES ARE RESOVELD.

HERE ARE ALL MY CONTACT DETAILS
    WORK NUMBER (012)678 5200
    MY CELL NR 078 3935 951
    MY WIFE 083 642 9564/083 779 2217(ALSO ITALK ACCOUNT)

THANX FOR YOUR TIME TO HAVE READ THIS, AND LETS HOPE NOTHING TURNS UGLY AND MATTERS CAN GET RESLOVED

JAN

• Li
    lizellekruger Feb 04, 2010

Hi Jan,

I am glad that you are sending this to your lawyer. Did is absolutly unacceptable. The same happened to me, they never gave me my free 350mb that i am suppsoed to get every month and charged me R3000.00. I have never paid more than my subscription fees as I rarely ever use my dataline at home.

Now they say it is going to take 25 days for the account querie to be sorted out in that time another debit order will go off for the incorrect amount. I was told my ###gwa Manala that if I cancel my debit oder my services will be suspended. I am also going to contact Carte Blance in this regard as this is not the way customers should be treated. I have now asked for a week that a supervisor contact me and to no avail.

I see on hello peter.com that there are hundreds of customers that has the same problem. And noone from Mtn gets back to any of them with a resolution.

Lets hope that this gets sorted before the end of the year as I see that there are people that have now been bettling for months.

Lizelle Kruger

• Ka
    kabir gambo Jul 25, 2010

we sent credit card of #3000 to the wrong number using share and sells process.

mtn 2010 promo

yesterday 11.8.09 i received a message from MTN that i am a winner of one million naira and a free ticket to...

name not find on the winners list after been recieve sms congratulated me and sent all my details on the www.mtnfifacup. tk as indicated on the sms

here complain about the current mtnfifa promotion fpr not call or send any message to me as promised to redeem my price, #1, 000000 and fifa world cup ticket
my e-mail address:[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ev
    Evelyn Tingir Aug 29, 2009

I loaded a 400 naira recharge card and my account was not credited.i got a message that it will be done in 24hours, this was on 28/8/2009. its more than 24hours now and its not been credited, I tried again and I got a message saying I have already used the card while my account was still not credited.Im still waiting today is 29/8/2009.I couldnt get to customer care on my line .I m very disappointed & disatisfied with Mtn services this days .IMy MMS are usually not sent and if they are sent they are not delivered.

• Bo
    Bolarinwa joseph Oct 15, 2009

i received a mail that i won #1 million and a free ticket to the 2010 [W/CUP] With a verification code...? J.O BOLARINWA
    pls reply to this adddress [email protected]

• Ka
    kayode bamirogbe Jun 17, 2010

I got the message that I wom the price of #1, 000000 and fifa world cup ticket amd sent the code number as required and till now I am yet to heat anything from mtn
    phone no:08037222550

poor service

I have three cell phone cotract with mtn and it happened that I fall behind with payments, I called them for my statement and making payment arrangement, I was assisted by gugulethu who was so nice and calm by the time of requesting payment from me, I asked that she sent me an individual item billing on all the line, she promised that after I had made my first instalment she will fax it to me, I made the 1500.00 payment abnd advised her I had paid, she was so thankful for the payment and requested that I had to remind her the following day for the individual sttmnt for all the accounts, I did as she requested and she promised to send it to me, since from there she never send anything to me and 3 days back I had paid the outstanding in full and requested her that she send me my request, belive until today am suffering to know whats going on with my lines, [protected] is one of my contract lines

• I have been without comms for 10 days now. I have lodged an official complaint at mtnsp but no respone.
    Please help. please call 072 271 5328 if you are willing and able to deal with my problem
    thanks

• Dr
    DR F Y Badat May 01, 2009

I have not been advised that my contract period of 24 mths. is over and now i am being billed the normal fee of R162 a mth. as apposed to R89 a mth. Why have i not been informed? I quess MTN is making money dishonestly !!! I Have been a loyal contract member for 14 yrs. Is this the thank u we get!!! I thought that in business we should try and hold on to our customers but with MTN they just dont care, They are too busy sponsoring events at our cost!!! Well all I can say is Yebo here I come!!! Cell C to the rescue!!! I will spread the word around to encourage others to Port to MTN's competitors!!! BYE, BYE, MTN.

• Bj
    BJ Verster Jan 27, 2015

Poor MTN cellphone reception in Risiville, a suburb of Vereeniging. After various complaints in the past I decided to submit another complaint about the poor MTN reception in the area.(No assistance from the MTN cellphone shops in the area) I "upgraded" my internet stick to include Wi-Fi to see if I can improve the signal strength. One has to go outside the house to be able to answer incoming calls and also take my Laptop to the Lapa outside to be able to work on it. I had immediate response from the "coverage" department and an apology and that my complaint will be addressed within 96 working hours. It is now 192 working hours later and no response from MTN. They don't even respond to my e-mails to them. The person who are suppose to contact me is a person with the name of Bovern. Well yes, that is MTN

credit limit

My cellphone account is sitting at r18000 and my credit limit is r350.00, I want to know why they let my account run to this amount and when I call the call centre I am given a reference number and they do not give me answers I want know what is the purpose of a credit limit if it cannot be be used. All I know is they are making money out of the consumer to pay for their 15 birthday prize competition charging customer an amount of r7.50 per sms which is a ripoff

• Os
    osho peter Oct 29, 2009

004848 08039245497

• Rp
    RPV Aug 12, 2010

I have the exact same problem, my account is sitting on 8100 for month of july, my credit limit is 6000. My average monthly spend is 2000, they let my account run 4 times it's usual amount with a notification or courtesy call.

not loaded

13th July 2009
My data bundle of 2g should have been loaded on the 13 June 2009. I called the service dept on the 15th June as it was not loaded. and was told it would be loaded in 2 to 24 hrs. I contacted the service dept again on the 18th of June and was told it was loaded but for some or other reason had not got to my account. They would reload and again 2-24hrs should be active, ref no 2430235 given. Popped into Northmead mall, 3 times, and was assisted by MPHO. Same story given to her that it would be on 2-24hrs. She was also given two ref numbers. I phoned service dept agail on the 23rd of June as I still did not have my data bundle, again told system showed loaded but not activated on my account, will do reload and should reflect 2-24hrs, ref 2438236 given as previous ref was signed off? Phoned head office on the 29th June as I still did not have my bindle and spoke to, spelling of names is as it sounds, MAROOMA who promised a call back that day or the following day as she would see to it that I received my data. Needless to say the neither the call back or the data materialised. I called service dept again on30th June and spoke to FELIZE who called her supervisor NISHA who informed me it was sorted and I should have my data 2-24hrs, ref [protected]. Called again on the 3rd July and was promised a call back by NISHA. Ha ha...no callback! Phoned again on 6th July spoke to GADJET who told me I would have to wait 20DAYS for the problem to be sorted. Demanded to speak to NISHA but she was busy and would call back...ha ha still waiting! Phoned again on the 8th July and told cannot be helped as system was down. Asked if NISHA could be asked to call me back...ha ha wasting my time waiting for calls to be returned, the only call I ever got back back was from MPHO from Nerthmead Mall. It is the 13th July now and my new bundle has been loaded but still no feedback on last months bundle!!! Is this a reflection I can expect from MTN-SP.
The affected cell no is [protected].
My e-mail is [protected]@absamail.co.za
Thanking you. D D Merckel.
Wonder if I will get a reply to this?

breach of contract

I have logged/registered three complaints to mtnsp south africa, monthly billing me for itemized billing. Last complaint reference number: [protected]. I have however not even received an account let alone an itemised billing account, in the post for the past 5 (Five) months. I am paying for a service not rendered. I have been a loyal client of mtn for the past 12 years. My contact details (Address included) have not changed for the past 12 years. Mtnsp have not answered any of my querries and keep deducting money for a service they fail to render. I have given up all hope with them and they leave me no option but to take my business elsewhere. Norris dryden - [protected] / [protected]@telkomsa.Net

customer service and scams

Mtn south africa are hopeless
I have written 3 emails to them about what I see as a mtn scam
The last email to [protected]@mtn.Co. Za was deleted by a charles mo without even been read
Its actually disgusting and I am now moving to vodacom

• Ge
    georgina nel Nov 27, 2009

On the 24/11/09 I had 775.65 mb of 1gb at 9.30am .The very next day there was o mb left, and I did not even used the internet. From one mtn shop to the next (6 IN TOTAL) even the one in pavilion.And quest what nobody can help me. There excuse, sorry we don't have the access code.One on the bluff (Durban) send me to the Pavillion.I renewed my contract 4 times but I can assure you it was the last.So much for customer services .

• In
    ina peens Jun 24, 2011

Goeie dag

In die begin van Junie 2011 het ek in die Taalgenoot van die kontrak Top up 50 vir R19 per maand gelees.Ek het MTN gebel (die nr op die advertensie) met die man gepraat en gese ek stel belang in 2 kontrakte vir my kinders.Hy het my besonderhede geneem en gese dat iemand my sal kontak.Daar het 'n dame my gebel en gese dat hulle nogsteeds besig is met my versoek.Maar 3 weke later het ek nog geen kontrak of oproep gekry van enigiemand van MTN.Ek is baie ontevrede want vandat ek 'n kontrak het, is ek MTN.
    Is dit die diens wat 'n mens kry as jy kontrakte wil uitneem, as dit is sal ek eerder na Vodacom toe gaan.

Ek vertrou dat ek nou van MTN sal hoor.

Mev Ina Peens - 083 945 9149

• Li
    Lize B Nov 18, 2011

My cell contract with them was due for an upgrade and after all attempt to get a "white pearl" BB Bold 9780 at the branches in the Vaaltriangle they reverred me to the 808 call centre and upgrade over the phone. I've contacted them on the 11.11.2011 to upgrade my contract and they lady informed me that I will get my BB within 5 working days. (My call ref no 8073 8155). I've contacted the 808 number yesteday 18.11.2011 around lunch time to follow up on my phone and when I will get delivery because it is over 5 days and a lady Kgomotoso informed me that she could not get hold of the RDT (delivery department) so she can't tell me on where my phone is or when I can expect delivery but she will phone me back. Tipical of MTN, they DID NOT!!! So, I phoned back to 808 on the 18.11.11 at 10:32 to find out again on what is happening with my phone (AND TAKE NOTE, MY CONTRACT HAVE BEEN UPGRADED AND IS COSTING ME MORE BUT I'M STILL SITTING WITH MY NOKIA, NOT MY BLACK BERRY!!!) and Josef assisted me also trying to find out from the RDT department but still they did not answer. He told me that he will phone me back and I said to him that he better! Luckily he phoned me back but still telling me that he can't get hold of them so he don't know what is happening with my phone or the delivery!! SHOCKING TO SAY THE LEAST!!! I'm so furious as I'm sitting here that I can scream and will definetly spread the word of the terrible customer service I'm getting from MTN!!! They have the cheek to upgrade your account, charge hou higher tariff and monthly fee but not delivering the phone. Sad, I'm sticking to my part of the deal in upgrading, but now MTN is not sticking to their part of delivery!!! Not even the branches in the Vaaltriangle can be of assistance to me. MTN can take my contract and stuff it!!

• Le
    Lelethu Pato Oct 01, 2019

I am complaining for the poor service which I got from MTN, the day I got my phone again I paid my contract but they didn't give me what belongs to me(AIRTIME AND DATTA) last month (September ). poor service of the MTN OTTERY (CAPE TOWN), and I was told that it is franchised but it is really killing the MTN reputation, they are ignoring my calls even now. can MTN take this matter serious please ASAP.

loading a recharge card

I tried loading a #750 recharge card but mistakenly 8 digits out of the 12-digit pin number got erased. The last four digits are: 7660. The serial number for the recharge card is [protected]. I have tried to speak to an agent but all my effort has been futile. Please be kind enough to help me solve this issue as soon as possible

• Aw
    Awi Ayodele oluwatosin Jul 05, 2009

i really do hope that mtn we help me rectify this problem, that would go a long way to describe how excellent their network is, and that will make me proud of mtn everywhere i go.

• Ot
    otunyo ino Jul 12, 2009

I TRIED LOADING A #400 RECHARGE CARD BUT MISTAKENLY 8 DIGITS OUT OF THE 7-DIGIT PIN NUMBER GOT ERASED. THE LAST FOUR DIGITS ARE: 5079. THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE RECHARGE CARD IS 9841021728935436. I HAVE TRIED TO SPEAK TO AN AGENT BUT ALL MY EFFORT HAS BEEN FUTILE. PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO HELP ME SOLVE THIS ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

• Oy
    Oyelade Adedolapo Jul 19, 2009

i tried LAODIND A #200 RECHARGE BUT MISTAKENLY 4 DIGITS OUT OF THE PIN GOT ERASED THIS IS THE SERIAL NUMBER 1320800766234041.PLS HELP ME RETIFY THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE ALSO BEEN BARRED FROM LOADING.MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected], my phone number is 07067532306...dolapo

• Ol
    olulowo Jul 25, 2009

my name is richard i try to schrach a recharge card of #200 but i mistakely scrach some numbers with it .but the serial numers are 6741865219997788.i what to load it to 07031374535. iwill be very happy i you can help thanks.

• If
    Ifeanyi Eke Jul 31, 2009

I tried loading a #200 recharge card but mistakingly scratched the four middle numbers out. The other numbers are 2797 **** 2006 and the serial number is 1696241178563527. Please help me retify this problem and my phone number is 08069438724. thank you

• Ye
    Yeroson Yahya Aug 19, 2009

my name is yeroson, i try to recharge my phone with #400 card since yesterday but the result is as the same up to now that (kindly check your balance using *556#, if you have not been credited, you will get your credit within 24hrs.) & the serial number are: 1136485839669756, i will be very much happy if you asist me thanks. MTN EVERY WHERE YOU GO...

• Pu
    pukjuk Aug 31, 2009

I bought N200 card but while scatching I mistakely removed a number of which I have tried to load it but the invisible number is my problem.
    The serial number is 87234408894970.
    If possible help me to load it to my cell phone +2348037001087

• Uz
    UZOEVE Sep 02, 2009

i have been barred from recharging and my numbehr is 07036228858

• Se
    sekyi Feb 09, 2011

recharging my mtn modem with 14 digit have not been going through. please help me.

• Os
    osaisai Emotimi S Oct 19, 2012

I bought a #400 recharge card, load it aft scratching it nd it refuses to reflect on the account bt rather saying that, the card has been used or does not exist, the number I loaded was 120839832064, the serial number is 2473284820593458, my phone number is 0803779587

a cash only store

2009/07/05
I entered the store with the purpose of purchasing a new cell phone. The sales assistant was helpful, and I made my selection. I enquired about the cost of the phone and was told the price, which I was happy to pay with my credit card. The amount being r3300. I was then informed that they could not accept my credit card as they did not have a credit card machine! I could pay for it cash, and was politely told the bank is right next door.

I am very surprised that a retail outlet that sells products well into the thousands of rands did not have a credit card facility.

I went to the bank, made the withdrawal and went back to the store. I then asked that since they had no credit card facility, and most certainly wouldn't accept a cheque, that they could give me some discount, I suggested 10%.

The sales staff at this point said it was not possible. I queried why a store that didn't want cheques or credit cards, thus amounting to poor service facilities, wasn't even prepared to give discount for large cash purchases.

I asked if the manager was able to approve this, since the three sales assitants obviously did not have the authority to approve the discount on their own. They said they would call their manager. I was already counting out the cash and was ready to pay but, now I would have to wait, and wait, and wait, while they attempted to contact the manager. So, as one does while one stands and waits, one wonders why one should accept such poor facilities from a large company.

I asked the sales assistant how long they had been operating and what was the rason they had no credit card facility. I was yold the store had been reopened only six weeks earlier and that they were still waiting for a machine from nedbank. I find this odd, that a retail outlet, that plans a store revamp and opening, does not plan for a credit card facility prior to opening. The sales assistant agreed with me that it was poor service, and that they have lost other customers because of it.

I asked for the managers name and contact details, as I stated to the sales agents, I would lodge a complaint against the store. I was given her name and cell number. I was also given a technician name and cell number. Note, these were only names - no surnames provided.

At this point my patience had run out. I was annoyed I could not use my credit card, I was unhappy I could not get the discount immediately and I was irritated that I had to stand there and wait, wait, wait while the staff attempted to contact their manager. I decided that mtn, and most certainly this store did not deserve my custom, and chose to walk out.

My question is this: why would a retail outlet not have a credit card machine?

Ms ladbrooke

mtn share and sell

Using the mtn share and sell, i transfered #200 recharge card to [protected] from my cell phone [protected].i...

sms misuse

I pay R50 for 200 sms's per month. I have noticed that a unknown number has been used on my account. I queried it with MTN but did not receive any feedback.
This has been happening over the last 5 months.
The cell number which is used on mu account is [protected]. When i dial this no, it says the no is unknown? What is happening here?
My cell no is [protected]
email [protected]@ananzi.co.za

over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card

I over-scratched a #400 mtn recharge card. The serial number of the recharge card is: [protected]. The...

15 years competition

Mtn is loosing bond between its customers and its interests, the 7.50 competition is a scam that is ripping subsribers off their pockets and trust, I feel mtn had a downfall.

• Lo
    lorenzo the 1 Jul 08, 2009

Hi Bridget

Thanks good

The stare news paper reported cell phone gaint closes sms. You won’t have me and my family as a customer no more. And the word of mount will prevailed I will let all the people I know what you did and so will they. You at mtn have made all of us more poor then what we where yesterday thanks Mtn

Note: I know 10 customers will not have and afact on your bottom line it will make deference in my life.

Hamba Kahle!!!

Mtn

From: Bridget Bhengu [ MTN - Innovation Centre ] [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: 06 July 2009 09:03 AM
    To: Lorenzo Kater ([email protected])
    Subject: RE: mtn scan

Good Day Lorenzo,

This serves to confirm receipt of your mail, MTN will respond to you before close of business today.

Kind Regards,

Fax: 011 912 3074

Email: [email protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Monday, 06 July 2009 08:52 AM
    To: Bridget Bhengu [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Kater, Lorenzo; [email protected]
    Subject: mtn scan

Hi as per our telephone conversation here is the e-mail pertaining you rip-off competition.

Can you please send me and acknowledge mail back to confirm that you are aware of this.

Note: if not will peruse alternative avenues

Sent: 18 June 2009 10:44 AM
    Subject: FW: need help

Good day Mariet

As per our telephone discussion here is the email pertaining MTN’s birthday competition scam.

Awaiting your response?

Sent: 15 June 2009 08:12 AM
    Subject: need help

Hi can you help me it seems like no one care even this big multi billion dollar company say it has a lot of lawyers so it will take on any one. As per there marketing departments radio interview yesterday on 702 radio station.

Good day

Phuthuma Nhleko

Irene Charnley

Santie Botha

Bernice

Sent: 26 May 2009 01:31 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: need help on this

Hi hope you can help me

Sent: 26 May 2009 08:09 AM
    Subject: need your help

Hi my name is Lorenzo Kater cell 0832353005

Hope you can help me I have enter the computation at mtn.

I have spend R3 000.00 to play hopping that I will win something

1. And had accumulating more than 1million 77 thousand points Lets say you, the individual, wish to ” win ” the bond of 1 million You will have to do the following to be the ultimate winner ( assuming you can afford to send 500 sms’es every day - which is what you are going to have to do to be the winner )

2. Day 1 @ R7.50 per sms x 500 = R 3750.00 per day

3. Week 1 @ R 3750.00 per day x 7 = R 26 250.00

4. Month 1 @ R 26 250.00 x 4 = R 105 000.00

5. Duration of 15 week competition at present rate of spend = R 4 200 000.00

6. So, unless I am BADLY mistaken, you will need to spend R 4 200 000.00 to win a one million rand house.

7. Please correct me if I am wrong!

All I want to know is like a simple answer I who won lass Sunday’s price and how many points did the person collected try to phone mtn no vale Ref 331750418 I play without knowing where I stand and that isn’t right or ethical. Hope you can help me pleas We are not even convinced that the winners do exist for real. Why don’t they even show us that the winner won by how many sms`s or points. like me "Given that in December '08 MTN had 17.2 million subscribers in SA, just one sms from each would rack up R128 Million in revenue. If just 10% of the subscriber base sends 10 sms's, same thing. Judging by frikkerex's post, many people are going to get caught in the loop. Most of these will be people who can't afford to purchase many of the prizes on offer, and just want to win something " and I did not get and sms or a phone call as per mtn guide lines “The Promoter is not responsible for entrants overspending by sending too many SMS entries. In order to assist entrants with managing the number of SMSs they send, the Promoters will endeavour to send warning SMSs and phone calls, when possible, to the relevant entrants when they have reached the daily limits set by the Promoters.

I have contacted ms Barbara Hogan on respond as yet

Egalitarian

Note: this is from the minister’s office

From: Ayanda Shezi [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: 25 May 2009 01:09 PM
    To: Lorenzo Kater ([email protected])
    Subject: RE:

I’m not sure how you’d like us to help you sir. MTN is a private company, perhaps it’s better for you to contact them directly, or contact the department of trade and industry.

Regards,

Ayanda Shezi

Note: this is from the (department of trade and industry) DTI

For future reference please quote this number (27911800)

Response:

Please kindly contact the Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa (ASASA) on the following contact details Tel: (011) 781 2006,

Fax: (011) 781 1616, Email: [email protected] or alternatively log on their website www.asasa.org.za to lodge the complaint electronically.

Please contact us again if you require any further information or assistance.

Regards,

the dti customer contact centre

0861 84 33

Note: this is from the (Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa)

• Lo
    lorenzo the 1 Jul 14, 2009

if you want your money back call this woman at mtn for you money

Bridget Bhengu

Public Relations & Communication

MTN SA

Tel: 083 212 1964

Fax: 011 912 3074

Email: [email protected]

over scratched recharge card

I bought a recharge card of 200 and over scratched the pin number I will appreciate if my account credited to that tune. The seril pin code is [protected]. My phone number is [protected].

unbarred [protected]

My line [protected] was barred this morning due to low credit.I recharge with 3000 naira but uptill now my line is not unbarred.pls unbarred my line to enable me reach out to people.
JOSEPH JOHN HAYAB

• Em
    emmanuella david Jun 06, 2009

my phone has been barred. i need help,

• Nw
    Nwosu daniel Aug 06, 2009

Pls mtn should unbar my line 08030957355.tried loadin a recharge card sent 2 me, it refused to credit me but the same pin credited my friends line

jayo Sep 14, 2009

Pls my mtn was barred from making international calls. Help pls. 08037174242

matthew johnson Oct 14, 2009

my own line is also bared please help me 07038376352
    email address [email protected]

• If
    Ifeoma Umeh Oct 20, 2009

i missed a number trying to recharge my phone and was barred. pls i need u to unbar my my line 08036061642 name Ifeoma Umeh

salisu yusuf Dec 19, 2009

i want to lock my credit 4rm been use.but later i forgot my password.i tried ccalling the customer care but they did not respond.pls unbarred my line to enable me reach out to people.this is my no 08034645972.these are d no i do call most 07068868524, 08139381958.and i am having 173 naira on it.pls i cant call out

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices