Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Logo

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa

Having problems with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa?

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Customer Service Contacts

135 (From Any MTN Number)
+27 83 135 (Customer Service)
+27 831 231 761 (MY Contract (MTN Active) Queries)
+27 831 233 032 (Web & MTN Online Shop Queries)
+27 831 233 667 (MTN Direct Sales)
14th Avenue
Johannesburg
South Africa - 2196

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Customer Service. Initial Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa. Discuss the issues you have had with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Complaints & Reviews

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South AfricaFraudulent Account

Hi

Here is the complaint history:
- I was contacted on 13 October to ask if I was interested in upgrading my existing contract. I agreed and asked that I only want the sim only contract of R199. I was then emailed requesting a copy of my ID which I sent.
- On 15 October I received the sim card delivery which contained 2 sim cards. This was weird so I emailed Beryl which, till this day, still did not respond. I then proceeded to insert the one sim card to see if it was activated, it was not, and then I inserted the second one which was activated. I still have that one in my phone.
- On 10 November I phoned 135 to find out why my monthly payment was R536.94 as my contract should only be R199. I was then informed that a second contract was opened in my name which I did not ask for. I was transferred from pillar to post, of which one of the departments was retentions to cancel the additional contract. I was then told that no one at MTN can help and that I need to speak to beryl.
- Also on 10 November I logged an email enquiry for which I was given reference number **********
- This email has since been transferred to many different people which have still not given me a clear answer despite me following up on numerous occasions.
- On 13 November I received a statement of R980.42 which I then queried.
- On the 25th of November I received the following explanation from Thabang: Kindly find attached invoice, pro-rata was charged on the 15/10 on both lines for the amount of R153.30 each, cellphone insurance also charged R193.86 for 12 Nov - 11 Dec and full monthly subscription R173.04 each for 12 Nov - 11 Dec, excluding VAT. Again, I did not apply for the second contract so I should not be charged at all for that.
- On 30 November I followed up again as I knew my deduction will be done on 1 December and my query has not yet been resolved.
- On 1 December MTN proceeded in deducting R980.42 which is way over the amount I am supposed to pay as once again.
- On 2 December 2020 I received an SMS from MTN stating that the second contract will be cancelled.
- On 19 December 2020 I went to MTN in Greenstone who informed me that the contract was not yet cancelled and should have only taken 24 - 48 hours to do. I went to the store as my statement was again for the 2 contracts. Thulani emailed the Retentions managers who are yet to respond on the email.
- On 1 February 2021 MTN proceeded to deduct once more for the 2 contracts. I was not able to pre-empt this as they failed to send me my monthly statement in January 2021.

Up to this day MTN has charged me fraudulently for the second contract I never requested. I told them to listen to their "recorded phone calls" which was never done.

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South AfricaPhone contracts

Good day. I had a bad service at MTN store for 3 months now. First time I was at the store on the 2nd November I went to took 2 cell phones contract I was assisted by Ayanda Danisa. I supposed to pay R299 and R349 for 2 cellphone. Every month they don't debit, when I ask why they not debiting they telling that I need to pay R2400 every month for 24 months which I didn't sign up for and. I took a phone that cost R6749. I need help because I don't even know where is the rest of the money coming from because the contract said I will pay R648 per month. I always call MTN and go to the store all the time but no one assist me. This is already affecting my credit profile as if I am a bad payer. I call MTN with due respect but they end up hanging the call on me while I need help. Please assist me as soon as possible. For November installment I had to pay that R2400 but for December I don't see why is there a need to pay such amount. They I used spent limits which I didn't even receive in December because they didn't put them and I didn't use the other Sim card but they still saying I need to pay R2400. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

MTNGet PUK Number for my sim

Good day, my name is Joy from Abuja Nigeria. please my SIM card got locked by my son because he entered multiple passwords and now it is requesting for SIM PUK and I have misplaced my Sim pack a long time ago, please I need the PUK number for my sim.
      My phone number is : [protected]
      My National Identity Number is : [protected]
      My last recharge was #200 on 1-1-2021

Dec 04, 2020

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — Upgrade service

Good Day I would like to lodge a formal complaint against MTN. In a nutshell I have done a telephonic...

Jul 20, 2020

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — Struggling to cancel mtn packages

I have been trying to cancel contracts with MTN South Africa since 2 June! Yes, since 2 June! I am not in SA...

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South AfricaPUK number

My grandma's sim got blocked and since then I've tried calling their custormer care and the are saying give it to the person that registered it and unfortunately the person is dead and I really need the PUK code. The number is [protected].please you can send it to my Gmail at [protected]@gmail.com,
        Thank you.

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South AfricaForget my puk code

My name is Mr. Joseph olalekan OLUWAYEMI, I was trying to secured my sim and now is requesting for my puk code, which I cannot remember again. Born on June 3, 1970. From Nigeria. A male & a clergy man. Mother's name is Dorcas Modupeola OGUNYEMI. I am from Lagos state, Alimosho Local government. In Nigeria. My Phone number is [protected].

Forget my puk code

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South AfricaI am complaining about my block sim card requesting puk number.

My name is aloy ogbor I lost my sim pack and now it requesting. Puk number.... My number is. [protected]. Pls I need urgent help to unlock it. I normally used it for internet like facebook, whatsapp. Etc. Some times I used it to call [protected].[protected], [protected], [protected]., [protected], [protected].[protected].[protected]. [protected].

• Mb
                Mbutor Jun 16, 2020

Your case is even better, thats if you registered your sim yourself you can call customer care but mine I called customer care and there said the want to speak to the person that registered it and the Pearson is dead

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South AfricaIncorrect billing and fraudulent insurance

I renewed my contract with MTN on 2 December 2019, I was supposed to be paying R379 yet I'm made to pay R704. Numerous calls and emails were made to MTN to rectify the error but only to fall to deaf ears. Further to that My phone was insured without my permission even after sending documentation that I dud not request for insurance. I was assisted by useless Lorna, Bongani Mahlangu, Tshepo and a very unkind consultant by the name of nonhlanhla ntiki all of which are a useless bunch. In all occasions they tell me that there was an error when capturing my account because the account I'm referring to belongs to Nozipho. But funny enough they continue to debit my account and not that of Nozipho.

Mar 18, 2020

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — Phone not insured for over a week and a half

Good day I had renewed my cellphone contract with MTN Greenstone branch on Saturday the 07-03-2020. I had...

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africadata contract

I applied for a deal with MTN on 30/01/2020 of 80gig anytime, 80 gig nightowl +20gig anytime & 20gig nightowl+ 50gig dstv/showmax data for R 599. Ive been trying to get feedback from mtn and nothing! After further investigation i saw that the incompetant sales person at Riverside Mall in Nelspruit invoiced me for another contract of R1099 p/m (my home 60gig) I did not signup for that contract!!! 🤬

data contract

Feb 17, 2020

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — data

Sent: 17 February 2020 01:54 PM To: '[protected]@mtn.co.za'; '[protected]@mtn.com' Subject: RE: Re...

Jan 31, 2020

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — data not being loaded correctly

Since April last year, MTN have not loaded my data correctly, as per my contract. I am to receive 1GB + 2GB...

Jan 28, 2020

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — payment for additional numbers that I did not want or been aware of

In May 2017 I received a call from a person that identified them as representing MTN stating that I am one of...

Jan 15, 2020

MTN South Africa insurance — cell phone claim

My phone got stolen on Saturday 21/12/19 and I went to an MTN store and followed all the procedures to make a...

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africaupgrades / contract

Worst Service ever!!! I have been a client with MTN for 12 years now. For some reason, there was a problem with the debit order in December 2019. I then made the payment via EFT, I went in on the 2nd January to do my upgrade for the next 2 years and suddenly I have been placed under collection for an amount of R277.00 that was not paid, plus the amount I have EFT hasn't been deducted from my account. So now I have spent the whole of the afternoon of the 2nd to resolve this issue and today the 3rd of January 2020.
                  It is now the 6th January 2020 and yet I can not upgrade and no one can tell me where does the outstanding amount come from

Dec 19, 2019

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — cancellation of sim contracts

i am not happy at all with the service from the department that cancels contracts. most of the agents are...

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africamtn contract upgrade

Good day

MTN Reference: Ticket [#1058691] - FW: Upgrade [protected]

I am so frustrated with the service received from MTN and have no idea how to have it resolved.

I upgraded my son's contract in August 2019 and have still not received the handset. I have been referred from one person to the next and now have to wait for some cancellation before they can re-apply for the upgrade. In the meantime, I have been paying for the upgrade.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Louise

[protected]

Dec 05, 2019

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa — lengthy delays in processing a sim swap request & ridiculousness of 135 service

1. On Sunday 01st December 2019, I lost my phone together with my SIM card. 2. The contact number that wa...

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africamy airtime not being credited

MTN refuses to fix their errors

I'm so angry and disappointed with Mtn. I have 2 contracts with them yet their service delivery is utter rubbish. On 27October I bought R99 airtime via my banking app and apparently MTN had problems with crediting airtime. I've phoned them every week for the past 3weeks with no solution. I've emailed them my proof of transactions and notifications from my bank but still they refuse to credit me with the airtime I paid for. They keep giving me reference numbers and referring me to the bank but I've sent them proof that the transaction was successful. I'm so sick and tired of their incompetent and I cannot wait to leave their network. My money has gone down the drain and I'm just fed up I wish there was a way of reversing my transaction. R99 is not small money in this day and age