Menu
Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts
Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa
reviews & complaints

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa
reviews & complaints

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Complaints Summary

116 Resolved
353 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa complaints 469

Sort by:

Newest Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa reviews & complaints

11:09 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Free watch

I purchase 2 cellphone last year 2023.I was about to receive a free watch by the mate 50 pro.I have been contacting mtn ceres branch and file compliants at different compliance web adresses.Every time i contact the branch they have a excuse.Its been 6-7 months and i did not receive any answer.I want there regional to contact me directly please.I am tired of excuses.I would not do any service with them again.

Very unhappy customer.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa representatives only. If you are affiliated with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa, please claim your business to access these details.

N
2:54 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa MTN Contract Cancelled

I require urgent assistance regarding my MTN contract that I cancelled.

I gave written notice in the month of November 2023, as we relocated Internationally, I also answered all their security questions from the agent.

I received a second request to answer different security questions, from a person that I am unable to verify is a actual MTN employee, the email does not contain any signatures or stationary.

My last debit order was supposed to be end of December 2023, however my contract has not been cancelled and another debit order has been deducted from my account (which I have now disputed)

I need urgent assistance in this regard, as MTN is not responding to my e-mails.

Desired outcome: Cancel my contract as requested.

E
4:27 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa No roaming service and no assistance

I ported from telkom to mtn as the laguna mall staff assured me that mtn is tops

Bought loads of airtime data and sms bundles. Now 2 weeks in us abd zero connection. Being on the email to customer services they are unable to fix the problems. What's up is useless the robot menu does not even have roaming

There is going to be hell to pay when u get back

Never will I ever use support endorse mtn or laguna mall mtn ever never

Thank you for destroying my vacation. U all should quit fooling customers and rather sell bread or something.

Truly dusgusted in mtn

Claimed loss: Porting airtime data sms bundles usa track phone and contract R5000

Desired outcome: Mtn is going to refund me every cent I lost Failing that a media s.........storm will cost them much more. Their name and reputation

Hide full review

Is Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 24% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Mtn.co.za has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Mtn.co.za has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Mtn.co.za appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 24% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • The website associated with Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa sells gift cards, but it's important to be cautious when making a purchase. Verify the gift card's value and expiration date, check for customer service contact information, and use a trusted payment method.
  • Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa has been identified as a website that sells popular products that scammers often use to take advantage of unsuspecting customers. We recommend exercising caution and thoroughly researching the legitimacy of the website before making a purchase.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
N
3:59 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied for an Online Upgrade in the beginning of Nov 2023 since they had a special on their Samsung A34 with free watch. Upgrade was approved, received email from MTN. Then I received an email that DSV will deliver the cellphone. When DSV arrived my fingerprints could not verify therefore they could not hand me the phone, they advised to contact MTN and...

S
7:58 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to get hold of a real person from MTN for over a month. I recently immigrated to the Netherlands from South Africa. I have had a contract with MTN for over 2 years now that I pay for for my younger sister. The phone is now due to be upgraded, so I ordered the new phone, picked a more expensive contract even, and set the delivery addre...

L
5:01 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa My contract cell number was blocked

My contract cell number was blocked 30 September through non-payment. I've made payments of R12000 to them but my number is still blocked. I have visited the Eastgate branch 3 times and each time given a new reason as to why it is still blocked. I have spent literally HOURS calling MTN and am moved from dept to dept but to no avail. I was also told to re-rica which I did. I cannot get any clear reason from anyone. PLEASE HELP ME. I NEED MY NUMBER. I am Laurien Emmett

ID [protected]

Phone in question: [protected]

This number: [protected]

Thanking you in anticipation

Laurien Emmett

6:54 pm EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Unclear service delivery

HalloPeter I have got a problem with MTN and them delivering my parcel with manual delivery after my parcel returned with them on delivery day on the 31st of August when the device said "unauthorized biometrics" and then I asked for manual delivery... I then contacted DSV couriers and they say my parcel was paused for delivery by MTN and when I call MTN no clear response is being given to me...

Desired outcome: I want them to give me the device I ordered as per agreement

S
11:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello Peter could you please help me. I have a MTN contract. My account was hacked on 23/5/23 in one of their shops at Hifi Corp JHB Another number was linked to my account and that number was made the main number. I did not receive notified on my number any more. On 19/7/23 I made a statement at the Mossel Bay Police Station and submitted it together...

K
1:59 am EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Refused to refund me

On 5 august I bought an adapter at MTN seshego it was overheating when charging my phone i took it back on 31 august they said i should come back tomorrow on 1st of September

I did they took my adapter to test it they said my plugs at home have problems meanwhile when i use another charger it works without overheating

They wanted to give me the same brand that have problems so i asked for a refund they refused forcing me to take it knowing well that i m gonna come back i tried their headoffice which is not answering their calls

Desired outcome: I just want them to give me my money i no longer want to buy anything from that shop

10:29 am EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Device insurance

I filed a claim for my device that was damaged.

Courier people came and collected the device on the 02nd of August.

I was assured that the repairs will take 3-5 Working days, should there be any delays, they will inform me.

On the 14th of August (day 8), I called to follow up as no one had called me to inform me of any delays or any discrepansies.

I was told that the IMEI number on the phone did not match the one that was submitted on the claims form. I was told to wait for a call while the repair centre was going to give feedback on the next step.

The very next day I called since, again, no one bothered to inform me of what was actually going on. I called in follow up, and no one knew what was going on, they were still waiting on feedback from the repair centre. I called again to confirm the IMEI number that they had on their systems and the one that I had on my device. It all matched.

On the third day, I called yet again because even though the consultant assured me that I will be contacted before close of business, they failed to do so.

Today marks 11 business days of a process that was meant to take 3-5 business days.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and a full refund on my excess paid as this has caused me a great deal of inconvenience as I am now without a device for 15 solid days.

M
10:39 am EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Sim card cancelation

I called cancelation department three to four weeks ago and asked to cancel a Sim card I was not using I was told the issue would be resolved and I will not get billed if I haven't used it, only for me to try and pay my account ahead of time and find that mtn is billing me 1700+ I called to inquire about the cancelation today all the Consultants literally told either they can't help me or the system is down or I have to pay 3000 for a cancelation or I have to find the person who did the order and ask them to cancel in a company that has so many Consultants I have to call each department enquire who did my order if I can't find them I'm on my own I spoke to more than 10 Consultants today not even a single one was will to help

Desired outcome: Cancelation of one of the two Sim card and a removal of the payment.

C
1:13 am EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa I have cancelled my contract but still deducting money from my account!!!!

You will see when I left SA the 18th of May I already cancelled my MTN contract. Now again for the 2nd time MTN is debiting money from my account! Stop my contract once and for all! And refund me my money ASAP. Why on earth will I continue with MTN as I am living in Australia now. They have phoned me also numerous times to ask if I want to upgrade my phone contract. Please stop my contract otherwise I will need to take MTN to court

Desired outcome: Refund of my money

H
3:50 am EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Cannot fix my home address

This provider is the worst of the worst, I have 3 contracts and on each statement I have a different address not one matches my address I have contacted costumer care every week for the passed 3 months and I have now come to the situation where I am no longer gonna pay them anymore until mtn can actually provide me with the service until then I am not phased about my credit anymore I will be saving 1k a month so very happy for this.

Desired outcome: change my address on all 3 contracts

D
3:23 am EDT

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Service

MTN does not want to stop debting my account even when the contractor ended last November. They are now doing Month to month I stopped last year December and they say last payment would be January and they gave a ref now they send messages February of debit I stopped on app March they charged the reference number and they debited my account

Can you please assist me so that mtn stop debting after the contractor is ended

Desired outcome: Y'ello! We've changed the cancellation date for your [protected] MTN line to 01/21/2023. You'll be billed accordingly. Have a great day! The contractor ended on this day

P
11:39 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Services

On the 28 February 2023 I upgraded my contract with MTN for a new sumsung s23 ultra 12gb ram and 512gb storage but on the 2nd of march 2023 they delivered the device which doesn't meet the specs I mentioned, they brought s23 ultra with 8gb ram instead of 12gb and 256 storage instead of 512gb and when I complain they say they gave me what they have and they can't exchange it for what I ordered, now tried to cancel the deal they are not interested.
Can you please assist in returning their product and cancelation as m fed up with them forcing me to take what I didn't order
Regards
TP Khosa

J
12:22 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Account cancelation

Hello,
I just wanted to find out how to stop these criminals (MTN) from stealing my money.

I signed a 2 year contract for my wifi router + service in 2021 and the contract ran out. I went in to the shop to cancel the account and sent emails as well. I've provided all the necessary information that they asked for and in return I received an email stating that my contract has been canceled. I'm still receiving debit orders every month from them even after getting the email stating that it has been canceled.

Could you please assist? I don't know what more to do. I'm not using their services at all.
Kind regards,
Jason Flanagan

Desired outcome: Please refund and cancel

D
6:29 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa LTE uncapped 20 Mbps

My husband opened a contract with MTN on Friday 27 January 2023.

It is for an internet plan LTE uncapped 20 Mbps. However we are unable to stream at all. When doing a speed test we realised we are ONLY receiving 3Mbps and this is why we are experiencing issues to stream on My Family Cinema.

My husband went to MTN Kolonade to cancel the contract as the contract is clearly not adhering to the terms we purchased the contract for. However they want us to pay R19 000 for cancel the contract. This is ridiculous. How can MTN penalize the customer if they are clearly not providing us with the service we are paying for.

We are also reporting this to hello peter.

W
9:41 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Cellphone contract

This has by far been the worst customer service experience ever. My cellphone contract was approved in early December 2022. After following up, delivery was made in January 2023. DSV came in two occasions but biometrics failed and they keep returning the phone. After over 40 call between DSV, MTN and MONDO, there was still no solution. MTN alleged that they sent an instruction to DSV for an OTP delivery as an alternative. DSV however says they have never received such instruction. The phone cant also be sent to a nearest MTN store since its an online purchase.

This is the worst customer service experience since even the MTN service champions (as they call themselves) nor the MONDO consultants are driven to deliver good customer experience and only make promises to get the customer off the line when you call in

Desired outcome: A successful delivery of the phone tomorrow - with an alternative method of verification

B
3:47 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Cancelation process

I would like lay a complain of cellphone contract cancelation. Phone was delivered to me in November, on the same day I asked them to cancel the contract course it was not the one I was looking for. I made several phone calls with no assistance and they deducted money from my account while the deal is in process of cancelation. I am very disappointed when I call today, they told me it's not yet canceled. My cell phone number [protected]

Desired outcome: To cancel the current deal and have desirered cell phone contract.

Z
7:38 am EST

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Contract that MTN failed to cancel and I'm expected to pay a 1000 rands that I don't know.

I sent an email and called in to cancel the contract and still today it is not cancelled,
I even went to the shop to cancel the contract, and other contracts were cancelled. I even called using [protected]
Below is the email sent on the 7th October 2023.
From: Bongani Mtsweni [MTN SA - One Touch Mobility Pty Ltd]
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2022 11:42 AM
To: Retentions
Cc: '[protected]@gmail.com'
Subject: cancelation [protected]
Good day
Kindly assist on the cancelation of the below contract which is due for cancelation and we have been trying to cancel it many times in the store but we fail to do so, as we get an error when cancelling the contract.
ID number – [protected]
Name and surname - Ennocentia Thapelo Zulu
Cellphone number – [protected]

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa contacts