Meijerexchange of a birthday gift

L Jul 18, 2019

Cashier at returns counter was VERY rude and [censored]y to my friend that was simply exchanging gifts I bought for her that were the wrong size. I left the tags attached with only the price removed. Forgot to obtain a gift receipt for her but I assured her that Meijer was a great store and she'd have no problem exchanging her gifts. She was made to feel like she stole the items !!! The cashier was giving her such a hard time with all the explanations of what she COULDN'T do and my friend hadn't even gone to pick out something to exchange!! She actually told my friend to call me and have me drive the receipt to the store!!! She TOOK the clothes from my friend and put them behind the counter basically telling her she needed to get a receipt!!! As if she STOLE THE CLOTHES!😠 MY FRIEND was so upset and shaking nearly in tears when she called me. NEVER ever should ANYONE be treated in such a manner.
This JUST happened around 10 am 7/18/19. At the store on Alexis Rd in Toledo Ohio. My name is LouAnn Lang [protected]

exchange of a birthday gift
exchange of a birthday gift

• Updated by LouAnn Lang · Jul 18, 2019

I didn't realize this was being posted to the public...and my phone number is there 🤦

• Updated by LouAnn Lang · Jul 18, 2019

I mentioned the wrong location..it was actually the store in Oregon Ohio !! This surprised me..I have always had a great experience at that location but never at the returns counter 😲