Having problems with McAfee?

1800 1441 0475 (Philippines)
+1 888 847 8766 (United States)
+44 175 321 7500 (United Kingdom)
+61 386 999 200 (Australia)
+32 22 750 703 (Belgium)
+45 70 277 277 (Denmark)
+49 893 7070 (Germany)
+39 255 4171 (Italy)
+31 205 863 800 (Netherlands)
+852 28 248 811 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 987 213 (Malaysia)
+65 62 227 555 (Singapore)
+27 117 075 500 (South Africa)
+57 15 111 700 (Chile & Latin America)
2821 Mission College Blvd

Spain
Avenida de Bruselas № 22, Edificio Sauce, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Spain

China

• SK Tower, Level 17, Unit 1703-04, № 6, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100022, PRC
• Room 903, Eco City 9F, 1788 West Nanjing Road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200040, China
• 3~5F, Bldg № 3, Vision Business Park, № 9, Gao Xin 9th South Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518057, China

Hong Kong
Unit 26/F, Chubb Tower, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

India

•1231, 3rd Floor, Solitaire Park Building № 12, Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 40093
•1F Pine Valley, Sector IV, Embassy GolfLinksBusiness Park, Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore – 560071

Israel
4 Hanechoshet St., Orr Tower B, Floor 7, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel

Japan

•Shibuya Mark City West, 16/20th Fl., 1-12-1 Dougenzaka Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
• Kintetsu Dojima Building, 18F, 2-2-2 Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003

Malaysia
Level 28, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Singapore
10 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 2 № 06-10, Singapore 339510

South Africa
1st Floor – Wrigley Field, The Campus, 57 Sloane St., Bryanston 2021, South Africa

Taiwan
29F, № 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11065, Taiwan

UAE & Middle East
DIC Building № 16, Offices 137-141, Dubai - UAE

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar, Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP, CEP 05425-070, Brazil

Chile & Latin America
Av. Providencia 1760, 19th Floor, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Mexico
Av. Paseo de la Reforma № 342 Piso 25, Colonia Juárez, México DF, C.P. 06600

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with McAfee.

Complaints & Reviews

Mcafeeinternet security

After purchasing a years sub to this company in 2014 I decided not to review in 2015. Two reasons, they promised a $50 cash back if you purchased a years sub, (still waiting to receive that one) and I had to pay $200 to get my computer cleaned of viruses while I was being protected by their security. All was fine for 2015, never heard from them again but at the end of 2016 I noticed they had helped themselves to a further years sub without my permission. The bank credited the payment back to me but macaffee has sent so much paperwork disputing the transaction, they claim I made that I can't understand it all. It will be easier to let them have their $100. I guess this is how they make their money. A very unethical company and one I would reccommend avoiding at all costs!!!

McAfeemcafee antivirus

After 11 months of a paid subscription to McAfee Antivirus I got the Zeus virus! I asked for help because it wiped my hard drive clean.. They said not their fault, that they could not catch all viruses and told me I would have to take it somewhere for repair out of my pocket!!! And they wouldnt refund what I paid them to protect my computer... they had the nerve to say they protected me for 11 months of my 12 month subscription!!!

McAfeeantivirus

Hi,

This is regards with the complaint with macafee product,
      I have mcafee antivirus plus installed on my laptop, but since 1 month my computer as virus and not able to use it,
      When I run the macfee scan virus is not getting deducted, and I had many number of calls but the issue is not fixed by the company, and the customer support is connecting my call to premium desk, why should I pay the money for the service when I have the validity period for my product?

When I had fight with agent he said I will arrange call back but since evening i'm waiting for call back which was not made by your company.

I wanted to go to the consumer court because my system showing your computer is at risk

When I have installed the mcafee why is that virus is entering in to my system.

I will escalate this to higher level and I will seriously take an auction again the company.

I have 4g network connection which has no issue with it. , because of your mcafee product my system got screwed

Reference number [protected]

Regards
      Manjunath s

McAfee — internet security

Although I was subscribed for Macafee security until January 2017, they took £89.99 from my account without...

McAfeeantivirus

I thought I was buying a CD but in the package was just a product key #. This is very misleading. Then when I tried to instal it on my 3 year old computer (which is a high quality Dell computer with window 10) it wouldn't let me download the program. I called mcaffees company & talk to a rep & he took over my computer & said it need to be cleaned by a professional. Well I am 61 & know computers. he was trying to sell me his services. then I told him to get his supervisor on the line. He came on the line the he said what the rep said is how it is. I told him I just needed a antivirus to go on lin. It's my business if my computer is running slow which it's not. My computer runs just fine. I had Nortons & just expired. He got mad at me & hung up. That's is the worst customer service & bull ### I have ever experienced. I also told him I am going to return the program back to Walmart. If you want your company to fail then keep this fraudulent up. Because I will make a big public stink about this & you don't want me to get involved. Go Amertican not the middle east for your customer service. Bring the money back to America.

McAfeeunethical behaviour by guruaid rajkapoor yodav in india

I was renewing my McAfee Protection online. I started the download and it said it had to remove old McAfee, I agreed. Then it tells me need to restart computer. When I did, I couldn't get back to point of download. Called the 855 # and was connected to Rajkapoor Yodav in India. He said he could help, and we started the "procedure", he took over my computer and when we were back to screen to download, but he said he needed to check my computer before he could download. He then ran scan and it did show I had 1244 malwares, which he then started to remove. Then he tells me that I needed to have maintenance on my computer at a cost of $400, I said "no". After several minutes, he came back on and said that I needed to pay $100, I said "no", after few minutes (I was on the phone with him nearly 1 1/2 hrs) he said I needed to pay $80! I said "NO". He then tells me that he won't download the product . I told him to get the hell out of my computer and he signed out! I should have known not to renew this product as I had nothing but problems when I was downloading it the first time last year! Took 3 days of calling to finally get it downloaded. After I got off the phone with the tech, I saw the icon for McAfee and clicked on it and it downloaded the program! Which he could have done 10 minutes into my conversation with him! But Guruaid with undoubtedly McAfee's permission, wants to charge you a larger fee. Last year I did end up paying another $80 for their help which is ridiculous. I will not recommend McAfee to ANYONE! I do not want to speak to someone in Pakistan or India ! U.S. company and I want to speak to an American that speaks English!

• Ra
              rakesh reddy Jan 07, 2017

Mcafee customer service, Mcafee phone number, Mcafee customer support,
              contact Mcafee customer care, Mcafee antivirus support, Mcafee helpline number,
              Mcafee support us
              Mcafee customer service

maxterusa Feb 06, 2017

Tried to download Mcaffees that I purchased from walmart & it wouldn't let me. I thought I was buying a CD but no it had just a key #. so I called the company & talk to a foreigner (sounded like middle easterner) & he said my computer needs to be cleaned by a professional before he can install it. That's complete bull ###. I then talk to his supervisor & he said that if that what the rep said then that how it is. Very unprofessional customer service. I told him that I need a virus program to go on line not for them to try to fix my 3 year old computer that didn't need fix. He got pissed & hung up. That's what we get when we transfer out laor over to muslim countries to heck with that. I want to only buy American.

• Do
              doom paskha Apr 11, 2017

McAfee's own tech support don't charge any fee for just helping customer install their subscription, but if you contacted a tech support which is not of McAfee you will indeed be charged.

McAfeesubscription renewal without authorisation.

My Mcafee anti virus software was renewed on 13th December, without my authorisation. A payment of £89.99 was taken from my credit card and when I called to ask for a refund, as I did not wish to renew, the man on the phone said that they couldn't uninstall the software because there were some viruses on my computer which needed to be removed before they could do so. at a cost of £59.99! I refused to pay this amount, as I hadn't authorised the renewal in the first place and expressed my concern as to how they had my details which allowed them to do so (this was a new credit card which hadn't been used for the original subscription - my mum had paid that with her credit card when she bought the laptop for me). I was given an alternative number to speak to someone else, but when I tried to call, it said the service was currently unavailable.

McAfeemcafee total protection

On 12/18 my McAfee Protection was downloading and installing the latest update. It got hung up at 2% installation and never continued. I had to turn the computer off by hand. When I rebooted the computer would not work properly. It would take 5 minutes just to open a program. I couldn't save anything or open anything. I spoke with McAfee techmaster and they said it was my hard drive. I knew it wasn't my hard drive so they ran a test and it said my hard drive was working fine. They removed McAfee Total Protection and the computer went back to working just great. So we determine it was McAfee causing my problem. They transferred me to someone they said was expert at McAfee and they would reinstall my McAfee. That took 2 1/2 hours and they didn't hang on for that whole time. I rebooted my computer and it was doing the same thing it was doing earlier. I called McAfee back and got someone who was hard to understand and was programmed to keep saying "Sorry for the inconvenience" which I'm sure she wasn't. She said McAfee was working fine. I told her I didn't care about making McAfee work I wanted my computer to work. She started a scan of the computer to find a virus. I told her I didn't want a scan as that would take hours and I knew it was McAfee that was the problem because when it was removed my computer worked fine. She told me that obviously McAfee won't work with my computer so I just needed to remove it and get a credit from the company. I told her I didn't want a credit that I wanted to speak to a supervisor. She told me there were no supervisors available (which I didn't believe). She just kept saying sorry for the inconvenience but I would need to remove McAfee myself from the computer and she would transfer me to someone to give me a credit. You should be able to fix the problem. I have had McAfee for years and until this latest update I have not had any problems except when it runs a scan it slows my computer down so I can't use it. I couldn't stop the scan despite clicking cancel several times. I just asked her to disconnect from my computer. She obviously wasn't going to help me. I removed McAfee from my computer after finishing with her and it works just fine.

I was so frustrated. She obviously didn't have a clue on how to fix it so she just wanted to get rid of me.

Norma Karter (my Mcafee techmaster number is [protected]. My phone number is [protected]. You should be able to listen to the tapes of my conversation with that tech who was useless.

I'm sure you deal with thousands of people and I'm just one. But I find it disgusting that you have tech people that are ignorant and unhelpful.

• Sh
                  Shradass N Dec 25, 2016

Mcafee is the best antivirus software which provides full protection against various virus and malwares.
                  if you are looking for Mcafee antivirus support then visit mcafeecustomerservice.co.uk
                  mcafee customer service

• Sh
                  Shradass N Jan 04, 2017

mcafee support phone number, mcafee contact number, mcafee antivirus help, mcafee help, mcafee phone support,
                  mcafee customer support, support mcafee, mcafee customer care, mcafee support phone number, contact mcafee
                  mcafee support

McAfeeonline support thru chat

I was having problems trying to download my Anti Virus I had purchased. It wouldn't give me the page I needed to enter my 25 code, to download the Antivirus I had purchased. So I went on the support chat. Rather then help the person tried to convince me that my registration was bad and I should pay $159, for their advanced support. So I called Costco where I had purchased the computer a year ago. They helped me and said there was nothing wrong with the registration. If I hadn't already of purchased the Antivirus software I would have gotten something else. They were just trying to sell me something I didn't need, not help me with my problem.

• La
                    Larry Herndoex Oct 17, 2016

In the world of sales it is often ones job to make sure that they see

• Ni
                    Nikith Reddy Dec 05, 2016

Mcafee has a great recognition worldwide among all
                    the antivirus security programs. This Mcafee
                    Antivirus Security is a product from Intel Security.
                    Visit our mcafee us

Manasa Jangala Jan 16, 2017

McAfee has been one amongst the crucial leaders in the particular field field from an extended-time,
                    it is a renowned and authorised name on this world of laptop and computer systems, and it provides internet security and protects many thousands of PCs from online danger
                    Mcafee Customer Care

McAfeemcafee antivirus plus

Dear sir, mam
                  While activating of the mcafee antivirus plus, during scratching off the code panel, 2 digit out of 25 digit code wears out and i am able to activate it properly. So, please help me regarding this.
                  Hope i get a positive response.
                  THANKS.

• Vi
                      vinila Dec 05, 2016

McAfee My Account Help, Contact McAfee Antivirus Help Desk Phone Number, McAfee Online Help Center, Online Help for McAfee Antivirus.
                      McAfee Customer Help, McAfee My Account Help
                      McAfee Customer servies

• Ni
                      nidhinavi Dec 08, 2016

mcafee customer support, mcafee customer service, mcafee customer care, mcafee phone number, mcafee contact, contact mcafee
                      mcafee customer service

mcafee antivirus support

Manasa Jangala Jan 16, 2017

Mcafee Customer Care

McAfeemcafee livesafe virus protection

In early 2016 I purchased an HP Computer from Best Buy which came pre-loaded with a trial McAfee subscription. Upon a prompt that the subscription had expired on the evening of July 12th I clicked on the buy prompt to renew, entered my credit card information and purchased the product. The next
                    screen that popped up informed me that the software was incompatible with my computer (really - it came with it) and instructed me to go to "My Account" and use the subscription on another device. I then contacted McAfee to get a refund (Sales Department) and was transferred to Technical Support. The person to whom I spoke could not understand me I guess (bit of a language barrier - I speak English) - he explained the requirements for the software (windows 10, HP computer - just what I have) and then transferred me back to the Sales Department - no one from either of these groups apparently aware that their website could or would tell me that the program would not work. Already feeling as if I had entered the Twilight Zone I was informed that I would indeed get refund in 7 to 10 business days and they could not do it sooner. I run a business - we issue refunds, they hit our customers accounts immediately. McAfee - now owned by Intel is collecting interest on my money which is the equivilant to theft in my book.
                    Do NOT buy this product - skip that step and find another company

McAfee — unauthorized charges

This is a warning about trial McAfee subscriptions that are included in the purchase of any laptop or other...

McAfeeinternet security

I discovered that for some reason I had 4 security plans running at once. I have made numerous call to Mcafee and have had 2 refunds. I am still trying to process a refund from January 2015, for £49.99 I was sent the bank transfer forms on 16/1/16. SRH 4845-[protected] (#6356-[protected]-5869)
                      I returned the filled in form on 20/1/16. ToIS6106 [protected]@message.mcafee.com
                      I had another email from you on 19/1/16 refund SR#484570-[protected](#6356-[protected]-5037
                      Service request [protected]
                      From Marnel A
                      I have emailed her but had no reply
                      I have called at least 3 more times and been told eventually that a refund would be made to my CC within 5 working days, I checked today and the refund was not there.
                      I wish to make a formal complaint .
                      Please send me details of your complaint procedure.
                      To Grace Esme Brendon
                      [protected]@hotmail.com
                      Regards
                      Esme brendon

McAfeeantivirus plus

In last 8 years, I have purchased many anti-virus software, but no one had such worst customer service to complaints. My antivirus pauses when it reached 33% and I have to manually unpause it. when I contacted the service center, I was told they cannot help me. Then I downloaded a software which gives the tech support in McAfee access to my PC so that they can check it, they too said they cannot help and upon asking what is to be done that person said nothing can be done.

McAfeelivesafe

This product is the worst, I cannot even download the anti virus protection. The activation code is not being accepted. I bought it at wal-mart and I have been trying to activate it with no luck. Why do I have to call a number and talk to an overseas third country national to get something so simple done.

McAfee — anti virus protection

Macabre on the 7th Jan 2016 illegallyremoved the money from my account 79.99pounds for antivirus protection...

McAfeenot returned the money

12/24/2015 illegallyremoved the money from my account 89.99 pounds for antivirus protection. I wrote and phoned for the money to be returned, but on the phone tells me that it can be done online, but actually it can not be done because it is not working. Please help me to return my money from McAfee. Unlawful transaction details: Name: Aivars Vainins Order #: PL1645332076 Date: 24 December 2015

McAfeeunauthorized credit card charges

10/31/15 received an email from McAfee that they renewed my service in the amount of $53.99, and charged my credit card. I contacted them the same day, received a reply that my card would be refunded in 5 bus. days. That refund has still NOT been completed. I contacted them again today 11/16/15, received exact same email as 10/31/15 that my refund would be processed in 5 business days. Here is the email: Thank you for contacting Intel Security Consumer Support. We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference. - Order #: - Service Request #: [protected] - Created Date: 11/16/2015 14:04:55 - Account E-mail: - Description: Please respond to my previous request #[protected] and: Dear Deborah, As you requested, a refund in the amount of 53.99(USD), for your purchase of McAfee AntiVirus Plus has been processed. The confirmation number for the refund is CS1618090126. Be aware, it may take 5 business days for the credit card or other electronic reimbursement to be completed. Please allow up to 3 weeks for refunds by check. Also, I uninstalled the McAfee app as soon as I received the computer back in June, I never installed the program to begin with, and I NEVER gave them my credit card info.

McAfee Security — charging people with them knowing for service they dont have

I purchased a computer in 2011 and it came with McAfee but you needed call and have it installed FOR SOME...

McAfeeantivirus software - will never use it again

I bought a Multi Access McAfee program from Tiger Direct along with my laptop...When I attempted to access the McAfee website I ended up in India and was held hostage for 3 hours...they demanded 150.00 and told me I wouldn't NEED McAfee as my problem was adware...I refused, and they disconnected, but kept my PC hostage...The accents were very heavy and difficult to understand...it was obvious I was NOT talking to a US person...NEVER again!!!