Having problems with McAfee?

1800 1441 0475 (Philippines)
+1 888 847 8766 (United States)
+44 175 321 7500 (United Kingdom)
+61 386 999 200 (Australia)
+32 22 750 703 (Belgium)
+45 70 277 277 (Denmark)
+49 893 7070 (Germany)
+39 255 4171 (Italy)
+31 205 863 800 (Netherlands)
+852 28 248 811 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 987 213 (Malaysia)
+65 62 227 555 (Singapore)
+27 117 075 500 (South Africa)
+57 15 111 700 (Chile & Latin America)
2821 Mission College Blvd

Spain
Avenida de Bruselas № 22, Edificio Sauce, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Spain

China

• SK Tower, Level 17, Unit 1703-04, № 6, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100022, PRC
• Room 903, Eco City 9F, 1788 West Nanjing Road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200040, China
• 3~5F, Bldg № 3, Vision Business Park, № 9, Gao Xin 9th South Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518057, China

Hong Kong
Unit 26/F, Chubb Tower, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

India

•1231, 3rd Floor, Solitaire Park Building № 12, Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 40093
•1F Pine Valley, Sector IV, Embassy GolfLinksBusiness Park, Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore – 560071

Israel
4 Hanechoshet St., Orr Tower B, Floor 7, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel

Japan

•Shibuya Mark City West, 16/20th Fl., 1-12-1 Dougenzaka Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
• Kintetsu Dojima Building, 18F, 2-2-2 Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003

Malaysia
Level 28, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Singapore
10 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 2 № 06-10, Singapore 339510

South Africa
1st Floor – Wrigley Field, The Campus, 57 Sloane St., Bryanston 2021, South Africa

Taiwan
29F, № 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11065, Taiwan

UAE & Middle East
DIC Building № 16, Offices 137-141, Dubai - UAE

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar, Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP, CEP 05425-070, Brazil

Chile & Latin America
Av. Providencia 1760, 19th Floor, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Mexico
Av. Paseo de la Reforma № 342 Piso 25, Colonia Juárez, México DF, C.P. 06600

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with McAfee.

Complaints & Reviews

McAfee full protectionfraudulent it support

Have been using McAfee for about 5 years. Installed a new workstation computer. New computer also came with a free trial of McAfee LiveSafe. When this expired, my new computer was not protected. I still have 11 months to go on my fully paid for licence. Phone McAfee support to transfer my licence from the old computer binned, to the new computer. Spent over one hour on the phone with McAfee technical support (I assume in India) where they attempted to con me through a series of fraudulent diagnostic tools and logging in and showing me around my computer, attempting to convince me of all these massive serious problems I have on the computer (which was less than a month old !!). Anything they could find in my Action Centre would be picked on. Software conflicts of no relevance. Even attempted to tell me my Windows Updates were Stopped and not working (this despite the fact I sat in front of them updating before calling them, and seeing them work again the next day!). The fraudster attempted to do the following. He could fix my serious problem of software conflict etc. now for US $120. Or I could take out a multiyear support contract for about US $400 (and if I did that now, he could waive the $120 fee for tonight). He spent an hour on the phone attempting to convince me before I got tired, and left without getting my licence transferred. He also bagged my local IT support stating they have not set up my computer correctly. I then phoned my local IT support next day, who IN 10 MINTUES FLAT fixed my problem and reassigned the licences for me. He also never charged me for the service given what I went through with McAfee. I have now turned off the auto subscription, and will move to another provider as soon as that is over. My other computers (family and work) are already transitioning to something else as required (and the new product is HALF the price of McAfee as well). Not only that, I had to in any event take McAfee of any laptops as it slows the whole machine down. It really only works on workstations.

• Ni
      Nikith Reddy Jan 06, 2017

Mcafee customer service, Mcafee phone number, Mcafee customer support,
      contact Mcafee customer care, Mcafee antivirus support, Mcafee helpline number,
      Mcafee support us
      Mcafee customer service

McAfeeterrible product

I purchase 3 years subscription to mcafee live safe when I purchased my laptop last year, the past two months my computer has been running progressively slower and slower and frequently stalling. I also had my bank account hacked by spyware installed on my computer, My mcafee picked up nothing, when I rang them they couldn't care less, they refered me to a third pary company who said I would have to pay £189 to have my computer checked, I asked to be transfered to customer services as I wanted to cancel my cover they could not have cared less, so I uninstalled it and installed AVG, what a difference it is like having a new computer it is working super fast no stalling, I would highly advise anyone thinking of buying mcafee not to do so. The customer serivce team speak poor english, which i cannot blame them for obviously mcafee prefer to out source to india as it is alot cheaper but it makes communication extremelly difficult and feels like there is no accountabiltiy directly to the company, they were more than happy to cancel my subscription with out any offer of a solution.

• Do
        Donald Murphy Mar 10, 2008

I have paid using my BNZ Visa card, McAfee for an Upgrade to the Firewall protection software and this had not been achieved because I am still being asked by McAfee to pay for an upgrade!

• St
        stevekapha Jul 08, 2009

Unauthorized renewal by McAfee.
        Also, their software is dangerous to computers; it also killed mine.

• Pi
        pistoff24 Jun 08, 2010

My computer is suppose to be protected by McAffee and it has to be fixed every day and when i contact customer support they tell me i have to pay for support. what a crock of sht. they don't back up their product. worst scam company around.

• Rw
        rweunique Jul 28, 2011

Absolutely worthless computer coverage; site won't open; their virtual advisor doesn't work; can't even get their own help icon to function; now understand why Consumer Reports said they were the worst coverage available; don't waste your money of this ripoff!!!

• Mi
        Mike Cochrane Dec 07, 2011

I purchased online McAfee Anti Virus on 5 November and when I got my credit card statement I realised they had charged me for the same product I had purchased on the 5th and the 6th of November. They now owe me a credit of £39.99 which I will try to sort out tomorrow.

• Ro
        Robert A. Woods Feb 10, 2012

On 2-3-2012, I purched protection in the amout of $139.05 for a three year contract. AS of this date there has been no McAfee on my computor [protected]. What is going on? You have me locked up from getting the internet. I can not get my email without the internet. Wake up you sleepy head and get off your ###|||.

• Di
        Diana Watson Apr 23, 2014

Dell installed McAfee on my home computer and it was fine but when I didn't want it any more I tried uninstalling it and I have files that I can not get rid of.

McAfee — unauthorized credit card charge

Same as a lot of other people here, a charge of $104 showed up on my credit card without being...

Chilliwack

McAfeeMessed up my computer

I brought some virus protection from mcafee and wasnt sure it was downloaded right on my computer. I called mcafee for help. The guy named dave said he would help me download it. He said he wasnt able to cause i had an hacker and would cost me 245.00 to get rid of it. He said if i wouldnt my screen would soon go blank. I told him i couldnt afford it so he told me to just throw my computer away. I hung up on him and guess what, my computer went blank. Didnt have any problems before. This company will rip you off. They are nothing but scam artists.

McAfee Anti Virus Software — subscription/product capability

I have had nothing but problems since I became a client of McAfee Anti -Virus Computer Software. I have had...

McAfeesecurity breach

THIS IS A COMPLAINT OF MCAFEE ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION. ON MY SAMSUNG ANDROID. Last night whilst watching Filmon, and not for the first time, a message came on the screen. It proved someone had accessed, (with no warning from McAfee), via the personal message, that my emails have been accessed.
        I was watching BBC's The Apprentice. I want you to look into identifying who, and where this breach came from, as I believe I know the t..t who did this.
        HELP URGENTLY!

Total Protection — No McAfee support

Purchased 2 McAfee total protection two months ago. Not being computer savvy, I was told it covered all area...

McAfee Total Protectionillegal mcafee activity

MY CURRENT MCAFEE SUBSCRIPTION TOTAL PROTECTION EXPIRE 11/29/2014. I ALSO HAVE A FREE INTERNET ANTIVIRUS THAT CAME WITH MY AT& T INTERNET PLAN FOR ONLINE AT&T.NET SERVICES. MY MCAFEE SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE WITH MY DELL.COM CREDIT CARD WAS REMOVED AND REPLACED UNDER ANOTHER SERIAL NUMBER. I HAVE BEEN HAVING NUMEROUS PROBLEMS WITH SITE ADVISOR INTERRUPTING ME HOLDING AND MOVING THE ARROW CONSTANTLY WHILE I AM ONLINE. SITE ADVISOR COMPROMISE MY PASSWORD, ENGAGE IN STALKING, MONITORING, BODILY HARM, CHANGE PERSONAL AND UPDATE INFO AND SCHEDULE. SUSPICIOUS MCAFEE LOCATION NEARBY IN COMMUNITY NEAR 90TH ASHLAND IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS BUILDING AND CONNECTING COMPUTERS TO ILLEGAL MCAFEE NETWORKS. UNKNOWN SUSPECT IS BREACHING INFORMATION TO NEIGHBORS ABOUT BANK ACTIVITIES AND ALARM AT ABOVE ADDRESS. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [protected]. I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT INVESTIGATING ABOVE ALLEGATIONS.t

john welch Feb 22, 2011

i bought a total protection anti virus from wallmart 53.00$ and it didnt work wallmart would not refund my money

• Ke
              Keith Tx Jan 02, 2012

McAfee will turn off anti-virus protection by remote control with zero notice and ask for more money even though a subscription is fully paid up for many months or a year in advance. This recalls lengthy chat sessions with tech support and customer service to resolve.

McAfee antivirus — will not restore my antivirus

Back in April or May of this year i purchased a McAfee Antivirus for one year at 49.99. It last until...

Bay Point

McAfeecustomer service

Purchased MacAfee 2 weeks ago.
            Today, I had unwanted pop-ups on my pc.After speaking with the rep at McAfee I was told that pop-ups are not a virus.Per the customer rep - because I had downloaded a software/Visio with a recommended install rather than customized; unknowingly I had given permission to these pop-ups.MacAfee offered to help but with a charge of nearly 180 dollars of yearly subscription or one time fee of $ 69.95 because per the customer rep; even though I had new windows pop-up on my pc ; these were not viruses? Being frustrated I asked for a refund- After all, the reason for purchasing a virus protection was to keep my pc from being slow, or keep away from pop-ups (What I hoped from virus protecting software like McAfee to provide) - but I was told that it is not a Virus and therefore I will be charged another 180 dollars a yearly cost for the clean up or a one time fee of $69.99. Is this absurd or was I asking for too much?

Irritated by not receiving the assistance of cleaning my PC I asked to get my refund of $45.00 that I paid to be a member of McAfee- I was transferred to a customer rep. Here I am told that because this product was purchased online and being that McAfee is partnering with a partner!! I couldn't cancel with them. I was provided a different number to for cancelling. McAfee might have be prestigious or might still be for some people but above is my experience and I am taking a break before the I call the new number provided to receive my refund.

How about just cleaning the pop-ups/viruses- what McAfee is known for rather than trying to sell more products??

McAfee Anti - Virus Softwarecustomer service

McAfee Customer Service scam

I don't know anything about Windows computers. I called McAfee when their anti-virus software was unable to install in my computer. After an hour on the phone with their call center (staffed by South Asians), they were unable to figure out why. They said they needed to schedule a 'higher level' technician to call back in 24 hours.
              A South Asian technician called back and spent 4 hours in a 'remote access' session with the computer trying to fix the problem. She ended the session by saying that I had to contact the manufacturer of the computer to solve the problem, whatever that means. It turns out she didn't work for McAfee.
              Further phone calls to McAfee were made, and they informed me that I would need to contact the software developers that made AVG software, because their software was preventing the McAfee anti-virus software from installing. This turned out to be untrue according to the technician who fixed the problem later.
              I contacted GuruAid, as a search engine query listed them as the top hit in my 'AVG' search. They did a remote session and after about an hour I was switched to a 'supervisor' who told me that the computer was infected and did I want to pay $120 for a one-time fix, $179.99 for a year's service, or $300 for two years service? I decided on a year's service, and gave them my credit card info and permission to charge me.
              Four hours later, technicians were still working on the problem. I wrote to them during the ongoing chat session that I was going away from the computer, and gave them my phone number so they could call me if they needed anything from me. After a few more hours I got a phone call.
              It was a South Asian male voice on the phone, and he was alarmed. "Your computer is highly infected, it's sending out signals that it is in trouble" said the man. He said he worked for "the people who guarantee your computer's software", and when I disbelievingly asked him how long the warranty on my 'computer's software' was, he said ten years. He refused to say how he got my phone number, and said he worked for a company called IT solutions. I hung up on him.
              He called back again after a few minutes and convinced me to do a few things with the keyboard, pressing 'R' and the 'Windows Flag' key together and typing some commands into a box. These results he described to me as evidence that more than a dozen hackers had taken control of my machine. He had me type in other text and showed me the 'Registry' which he told me had more than a thousand infected items. He said that they were replicating themselves. Then he put me on hold so I could speak to his supervisor. According to the local technician who fixed the computer later, this was all nonsense. But it scared me.
              Well, his supervisor said that as the company that 'runs the operating system' on my computer he was very concerned, and that it would cost $208 to fix the operating system on my computer. I asked this if this was additional to the $179.99 that I was being charged by GuruAid. He didn't know anything about GuruAid. I told him that they are the ones that gave him my phone number. I ended the chat session with GuruAid. I ended the chat session with McAfee (which the GuruAid technician had initiated). I hung up the phone, called VISA and notified them I'd like to cancel the charge. They said that while the charge was pending, I had to contact GuruAid directly and have them remove the charge. The toll free number that VISA gave me for GuruAid went directly to an answering machine. I shut down the computer and called a local technician, who came over and fixed the problems and cleaned up the machine. There were no 'hackers inside the machine'. When he ran the McAfee virus scan, it did not detect any viruses.
              I'll be calling VISA when the charge from GuruAid posts, and canceling it.
              Here's the takeaway: McAfee pays South Asian call centers to provide incompetent customer service. These call centers run a scam where instead of fixing simple problems (that a local technician I hired after this experience fixed in an hour) they refer unsatisfied McAfee customers to other incompetent (or criminal?) companies staffed by South Asians that tell them that their computers have big problems, scaring them, and then ripping these McAfee customers off by charging them for unnecessary service they cannot even provide if they wanted to. In my case they tried to cheat me and get money from me twice! All because McAfee has made a business decision - it doesn't care about retail customers, has paid an incompetent call center to represent the company and is uninterested in regulating their sub contractors based outside of the USA.

McAfee antivirus — unauthorized credit card charge

Buyer Beware! When you purchase a Dell laptop with pre-loaded McAfee antivirus software (with a free trial...

McAfee Mobile Phone Securityphone locked up by mcafee

see previous submission.. phone locked..mcafee to stupid to know the are trying to email my pin number to [protected] email address [protected]@gmail.com which is the phone they have locked me out of..gave them alternate email address hot.[protected]@bigpond.com pamela turner..all they did was then put robot technician on who advised nothing wrong found.. of course not..its my bloody phone i want unlocked so i can swap it for my grand daughters phone sr1199304310 sr119929273 are the reports i have put in...pamela turner

McAfee Virus renewalunauthorised renewal of anti virus without any warning

McAfee have taken an unauthorised direct debit from my account, details of which i never gave them since the protection came with my computer. They did this without any warning that renewal was due. i was not going to continue with McAfee as i am not happy with the product at all. I am extremely unhappy with this company and as usual they make it as difficut as possible to actually contact them. i will never use this company again.

• Ta
                      Takisis Jul 13, 2013

Download AVG anti virus - they have a free version and it blows McAfee out of the water.

McAfee Internet Securitycontinued unauthorized yearly credit card charges

I used McAfee years ago and then completely cancelled my subscription about 4 years ago. I purchased their computer security suite... virus protection, etc. using my credit card. 2 years ago they charged me about $80 for an "automatic renewal" as they call it. I called and complained. They refunded the money. Last year I was deployed so I am now going to have to go back and double check my credit card records to make sure they didn't do the same thing last year... BECAUSE they just charged my credit card again for $26.45. I never ordered anything but they just keep charging away. I tried to sign in to their web site with my very old user name and password and it says my password is wrong, to many attempts (i only tried one time) and that I'm locked out. So I call them and some strong foreign accent guy wants my credit card number, full name, address, email address and phone number. Are you freaking kidding me???
                    DO NOT PURCHASE MCAFEE IN ANY WAY, FOR ANY REASON! RUN! Everyone wants my money. They want yours too. Don't do it. Simply stay away from McAfee!!!

• Lo
                        Londerod Sep 22, 2012

The antivirus McAfee Internet Security didn't spot a very dangerous keylogger virus.

• Wi
                        WiMichael Nov 07, 2014

I have bought McAfee for Windows 7. When I changed program to Windows 8.0 I asked staff to help me to install it to a new program because I paid money for internet security McAfee program before. But staff started to require to buy a new program for $169.00, more than I paid before. I don't recommend no one to use this program, because you will pay twice. I used before Norton Antivirus and hadn't got any problem. I will back to Norton again.
                        Michael

McAfee total protection downloadfalse advertisement

I went to McAfees website in January 2013 and downloaded protection for 1 year and for 1-3 computers for 29.99. After I entered my credit card information they charged my card 49.99 and sent me a rebate form but there was no advertisement for a rebate. The download did not work and when I contacted technical support they said I would have to pay 69.99 for them to remove my prior anti-virus program and install there's. Pass! So I downloaded the program onto my lap top and in April I contact them about my rebate they tried to say I was not eligible and after about 7 back and forth e-mails they determined I was and told me I had to wait until June to receive the 20.00 rebate that I did not agree on in the first place. The other two downloads do not work and for extra money they will resend the other 2 downloads for them to work. Basically, they overcharged me 20.00 and do not want to give it back, sold me 1 download when advertised up to 3 and now in May 2013 they are sending me alerts that say my protection is almost up and its only been three months and I purchased a whole year. The whole experience was terrible.

Jeff Peterson, McAfee Executivethis scam is from jeff

FROM DESKTOP OF MR. JEFF PETERSON
                        CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
                        E-MAIL:[protected]@aol.com

ATTENTION BENEFICIARY

It is my modest obligation to write you this letter as regards the Authorization of your owed payment through our most respected financial institution (Citibank). I am Mr. Jeff Peterson, the Chief Executive Officer, foreign operations Department Citibank of New York, the British Government in Conjunction with us government, World Bank, united Nations Organization on foreign Payment matters has empowered my bank after much consultation and consideration to handle all foreign payments and release them to their appropriate beneficiaries with the help of a Representative from Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

as the newly appointed/accredited international paying bank, we have been instructed by the world governing body together with the committee on international debt reconciliation department to release your overdue funds with immediate effect; with this exclusive vide transaction no.: wha/eur/202, transfer allocation no.:  citibank/x44/701ln/wgb/gb, password: 339331, pin code: 78569, immediate Citibank secret code: xxtn014.having received these vital payment numbers, you are instantly qualified to receive and confirm your payment with us within the next 96hrs.

Be informed that we have verified your payment file as directed to us and your name is next on the list of our outstanding fund beneficiaries to receive their payment. Be advised that because of too many funds beneficiaries, you are entitled to receive the sum of fourteen million three hundred thousand us dollars  (14, 300, 000.00 USD dollars) only, as part payment so as to enable us pays other eligible beneficiaries.

To facilitate with the process of this transaction, please kindly re-confirm the following information below:

1) Your Full Name:

7) Account Name:
                        8) Account Number:

9) Swift Code:
                        10) Routing Number:

As soon as we receive the above mentioned information, your payment will be processed and released to you without any further delay. This notification email should be your confidential property to avoid impersonators claiming your fund. You are required to provide the above information for your transfer to take place through bank to bank transfer directly from Citibank.

We Look Forward To Serving You Better.

MR. JEFF PETERSON,
                        (CEO)CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
                                                                         (COPYRIGHT © 2012 CITIGROUP INC.)

McAfeerenewal warning

Do not (repeat: DO NOT!) provide McAfee or partner DELL with any of your personal details, do not do McAfee project registering. I got charged annually and automatically by McAfee for an eight year old Dell laptop, initially I had signed up for five years McAfee protection - a reasonable lifespan for a Dell. The Dell was no longer with me, yet I still paid. I send an inquiry and never got a reply by McAfee. Yes, I literally had to change my credit card details to get them to stop. Refund, forget it, I paid until Dec 2012 on a computer bought in 2004. What was worse the McAfee, "we will take your money, no questions asked" renewal come at full price, over a 100 USD, by the time their online offer already comes at a 40-70% discounted price! Any answers from McAfee support: NO They have shown no support. In fact it is difficult to get any information on how to contact McAfee. I am still registered, prompted to update by McAfee for the lost Dell, there is no link explaining me how to unregister, and no one to contact or reply. Please do something! This is freaking me out: my privacy, my hard earned money, my life!

• Un
                              UnhappyCafe1000 Feb 23, 2013

Chalie Muller Jun 20, 2013

I had the same experience. I had used McAfee for about three years on automatic renewal, but decided to switch after it failed to stop two bad virus infections. I cancelled within the required 60 days, which was accepted by McAfee and foolishly assumed I would get a refund on my credit card. When it didn't happen I contacted McAfee and my credit card company. It was a long back and forth battle, but the end was McAfee said I wasn't entitled to a refund because that was a separate process from cancelling and I hadn't asked for one! And now it was beyond the 60 days, so it was too late. This is a company with no business ethics and an inferior product.

McAfeeautorenewal of antivirus software

Check your credit card statements religiously! While doing tax preparation research, I found a McAfee charge for $73.58 for auto-renewal of their anti-virus software dating back to Nov. '12. I called customer support and got them to stop the auto-renewal, but was unable to get them to budge on a refund, even though it's a computer I no longer use. I asked them to transfer the service to my Mac Book Pro, but they would only offer me a 50% discount, which I declined. I asked for the email of non-renewal to be sent while I was on the phone with them, which they did. If you call within a 60-day window of the charge, you can get the charge reversed, but I missed that window. This company is bad news, just like it's founder!

• Su
                                SuckerNoMore Feb 19, 2013

REPORT YOUR CREDIT CARD LOST --- THAT WILL BE THE END OF THEM.

McAfee Anti Virus Protectionrenewed subscription

Sir, i have renewed my anti virus subscription on 21/12/1 2 order no C S [protected]. Still my computer is not protected and You are sending messages to renew the subscription.
                              I wrote a complaint 12 hrs back and no response from you.
                              What kind of services an International company like you offering ?? Do you take 3 days to renew an on line subscription ?? Then what is the meaning of online ?? And who is responsible if my Laptop gets infected ??

• De
                                  deepakbale Dec 25, 2012

I have renewed anti virus protection for my computer online on 21 st December 2012.
                                  Order no CS [protected] AND payment has been done.
                                  Still I am getting messages from you asking me to renew it and my PC is not protected.
                                  I request to look into the matter on a VERY URGENT BASIS. Thanks.