Having problems with McAfee?

McAfee reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 13, 2006. The latest review fee procedure was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint anti virus was resolved on Oct 03, 2019. McAfee has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 222 reviews. McAfee has resolved 40 complaints.

McAfee Customer Service Contacts

1800 1441 0475 (Philippines)
+1 888 847 8766 (United States)
+44 175 321 7500 (United Kingdom)
+61 386 999 200 (Australia)
+32 22 750 703 (Belgium)
+45 70 277 277 (Denmark)
+49 893 7070 (Germany)
+39 255 4171 (Italy)
+31 205 863 800 (Netherlands)
+852 28 248 811 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 987 213 (Malaysia)
+65 62 227 555 (Singapore)
+27 117 075 500 (South Africa)
+57 15 111 700 (Chile & Latin America)
2821 Mission College Blvd

Spain
Avenida de Bruselas № 22, Edificio Sauce, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Spain

China

• SK Tower, Level 17, Unit 1703-04, № 6, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100022, PRC
• Room 903, Eco City 9F, 1788 West Nanjing Road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200040, China
• 3~5F, Bldg № 3, Vision Business Park, № 9, Gao Xin 9th South Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518057, China

Hong Kong
Unit 26/F, Chubb Tower, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

India

•1231, 3rd Floor, Solitaire Park Building № 12, Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 40093
•1F Pine Valley, Sector IV, Embassy GolfLinksBusiness Park, Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore – 560071

Israel
4 Hanechoshet St., Orr Tower B, Floor 7, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel

Japan

•Shibuya Mark City West, 16/20th Fl., 1-12-1 Dougenzaka Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
• Kintetsu Dojima Building, 18F, 2-2-2 Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003

Malaysia
Level 28, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Singapore
10 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 2 № 06-10, Singapore 339510

South Africa
1st Floor – Wrigley Field, The Campus, 57 Sloane St., Bryanston 2021, South Africa

Taiwan
29F, № 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11065, Taiwan

UAE & Middle East
DIC Building № 16, Offices 137-141, Dubai - UAE

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar, Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP, CEP 05425-070, Brazil

Chile & Latin America
Av. Providencia 1760, 19th Floor, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Mexico
Av. Paseo de la Reforma № 342 Piso 25, Colonia Juárez, México DF, C.P. 06600

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with McAfee Customer Service. Initial McAfee complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for McAfee above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about McAfee. Discuss the issues you have had with McAfee and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

McAfee Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Mcafeesale of virus protection

I am the owner of Success College Counseling.
I very much resented the email solicitation to renew my one year virus protection plan for $69.99 or $109.99. I then called two different mcafee reps who quoted me two different, lower prices in response to my question about why I would not simply purchase Mcafee through Amazon.

Why are your prices not standardized, and why, as a customer, did you try to sell me a product for $40 more than I was able to pay? Why was I not offered the lower price from the get go??

Mcafeeanti virus

I've had an amount of £89.99 taken from my account, I don't use the service and have tried to cancel before! I have not used that computer for over 3 years and I've paid every year. Please cancel my subscription. And refund the money

I can't see anywhere I can cancel the subscription and I'm not sure why it would still be active, it's a lot of money to be deducted and surely I should be able to opt out of the product . The screen shot shows the deduction from my account

anti virus

RESOLVED

Incorrect photo included

Mcafeepayment for this year and last year

I have had a payment come out of my bank account for this year and last year.
      Last year I had been very ill and I was not using the laptop which I originally purchased it for. Of course this meant I gave you a payment for your product which I did not use.
      Because of illness I forgot to contact you.
      Again the same thing has happened this year and when I went onto my bank account I can't see how to cancel it
      As I'm a pensioner this is a lot of money for me to loose.
      Can you advise me how I can reclaim and stop this payment.
      Please reply to
      [protected]@gmail.com.
      Margaret Lewis
      26 Main Road
      Condorrat
      G67 4DZ

Mcafeedefunct account which I am still being charged

I appear to be being charged for an account that I cancelled years ago. I have only just noticed that this has been happening and have contacted my bank to block any further payments to yourselves.

My problem is that it was so long ago I could not possibly tell you when I cancelled, only that I did as I no longer have a computer and have not had for at least 3 to 4 years as I have no need for one.

Having searched bank statements it seems i created an account with you on 12 October 2013 at 29.99 pounds and over the years that payment has increased.

I value what little money I earn and fortunately for you i have lapsed in my observations that gradual increase in charge. I would like some kind of reimbursement as in my defence i have had no communications from you either.

The account may have been in the name of Ann Kilty, my maiden name. Email of [protected]@gmail.com (which is still operational).

My name and address have changed also as I moved and got married 2 years ago.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Mrs Ann Forster ([protected]@gmail.com)

Mcafeeunauthorised payment

This is my FOURTH email regarding this matter, no one is bothering to reply to me.

On the 19th of August I had an £89 payment taken from my bank account without my permission, I have written three times to get this money refunded and no one is replying. I want that payment refunded asap.

I understand that there was a box ticked to automatically renew the subscription but I no idea about that box eas there or knew that it was ticked until a payment had been taken. I never want automatic payments to be taken, I will pay for the item myself when it is needed.

Mcafeemcafee 1 year total protection antivirus

Purchased from Argos yesterday. As instructed tried to activate account on line. Entering my details and 25 digit code. Wouldn't accept it. Used online help chat for guidance on the mcafee website, and was then advised that my network had trojans and would be required to pay money to have them removed. I believe this was a scam.
            I then phoned mcafee customer help line and was told that my email address and 25 digit code didn't match what they had on the system?
            A process that should only take 2 mins has caused me a full night of stress and still no activation for my £40 purchase.
            Please look into this as it has happened to others.

Justin Moir
            [protected]@aol.com

Mcafeeantivirus expired before the time period

Earlier one month, I renewed my mcafee account for one year but it is expired now.
              And it is shows that, it is expired on 9/3/2019. I am so angry from this act.
              Resolve this problem if you can not resolve it than return my money which I have paid on the renewal. Resolve this problem as soon as you can.
              Resolve this problem or return my money then I will switch my security account.

Mcafeemcafee auto enrollment

On 15th July 2019 McAfee took £69.99 from my credit card account without my authorisation. Reference on my credit card bill 0800-028-7581IRL.
                My computer is no longer protected by McAfee.

Please immediately refund the £69.99 and cancel any further payments from me to yourselves.

Please confirm to me that you have complied to my request.

Thank you.

Mcafeeantivirus auto-renewal not requested

To whom it may concern,

For the second year running McAfee has taken £89.99 out of my Bank account for auto-renewal for my antivirus software which I hand not requested or authorised.

Last year when I was refunded I stated that I did not want the auto-renewal actioned and adjusted the software settings to that affect but still McAfee have ignored my request and have taken £89.99 out of my account again.

The payment came out of my PayPal account and I wish to be fully reimbursed £89.99 which was taken out of my account without my consent.

Chris Thomas

Mcafeelivesafe auto renewal

Last year you managed to steal £69.99 form me by taking an auto renewal on the product I had already renewed in advance to take advantage of an offer. My repeated email com plaints were ignored. I cancelled the auto renewal, I assumed on all products. This year I was emailed to say the renewal of the first was due in August. I resolved never to purchase anything from MaAfee again and purchased an antivirus elswehere. I then received several emails and warning to say the auto renewal could not be taken, which was fine and I uninstalled it. Imagine my fury when today, with no advance warning, I am informed you have taken another £69.99 from me to renew last year's fraudulent renewal, which doesn't even expire for another month.

The order number is CS2417266680.

Needless to say I want a refund.

Mcafee1 device protection

Auto pay to $75 is what I call a theft for 1 devise.
                      Never again will you sneak this scam past me.
                      You people need to clean up your ACT!
                      The person in charge of billing, should be fired!
                      I purchased this protection because of the reputation and affordable pricing.
                      And because of that, I trusted your auto billing and payment system.
                      Shame on you and shame on me, for letting this slip past me.
                      This protection sells everywhere in stores and on-line for $35 and you take $75 from my account?

Jul 28, 2019

Mcafee — complaint

I thought I logged on to MacAfee support to reload my program as my hard drive had stop working. I was asked...

Mcafeeantivirus protection

We were charged £89.99 automatic renewal fee, that we were even aware of until it came out of our bank account, we rang up to request a refund, which they agreed to, were on the phone for quite some time, they said it would be processed within 5 working days and we have still not received the refund. You can only contact them via telephone, which does not make the process very easy. So now we don't have antivirus and are £89.99 down!!! I also don't understand how they can justify taking that much money when you can buy it for less than £30 in the shops!

Jul 20, 2019

Mcafee — online downloads

My Mastercard is being invoiced for subscription service without my consent and I can't find a method to...

Mcafeeunauthorized credit card charges

have call twice this number [protected] in regards to this 75.24 unauth charges and requested refund on 7/14/19 on 7/15/19 they put back 75.24 to my card which i still cant figure out how they got that, anyway on the same day 7/15/19 they took out again 75.24 when i called this rep christain states its the refund process for the refund and that the -75.24 would just magically fall off my account by his own admission he states that another customer is having the same issue in which the money was put back and then taken out again ??? this make no sense if you REFUNDED the amount and then took it out again this is NOT A REFUND ... now he states oh it will all be take care of and all will be straight by the end of the week ?? mean time my account is being charged 25.00 as over draft fees waiting on this refund which was already given to me and then taken back... this is worst company i have ever delt with and customer service comes up with different stories as to why this amount of money was given and then taken back... even my credit union says this is NOT right and the " its our refund process to put it back that then take it back" makes no sense to a banking professional I WANT THIS FIXED TODAY THE 75.24 IS TO BE PUT BACK AND NOT TAKEN OUT AGAIN . TO WHOM DO I NEED TO SPEAK WITH
                          REFERNCE # FOR THE PHONE CALLS [protected]

Mcafeemcafee total protection 5 devices

Several complaints..
                            1) the 5 device protection is not true.. I have 2 older devices that were covered last year in 2018 and now both devices are not compatible with 2019 Total Protection. Errrr
                            2) The rebate deadline expired way too fast. The reason I purchased the 5 device 2019 protection was a combination of both a) rebate & b) protection for my 5 devices.
                            Now I have no rebate and 2 devices NOT protected by McAfee total protection.
                            A product that I have been using for almost 10 years.. REALLY this is how McAfee treats loyal customers..
                            I am NOT happy and definitely will share my experience with anyone/everyone.

Mcafeeregarding customer service in bangladesh

Please note that we have purchase 10 Mcafee Internet security for 10 pc. which we have been purchasing every year since 2016, but we have faces problem while install the software and when we call your support center in Bangladesh we do not get any response from them, not get any support . I was call several times on 25th June 2019 to +[protected], +[protected], +[protected]

Reaz Uddin Ahmed
                              GM, Inspecta Bangladesh Limited
                              Cell: [protected]
                              Phone : +[protected], 711552

Mcafeepaid for lifetime cover plus lifetime network security but now looks fake

Hi, In July last year I took out a lifetime coverage for virus protection with you. but also got an email, see below

Hi

Neil Jackson

Thank you for the Purchase.

This is with the reference to the service you took from us and below you can find your purchase information:

Account Name : Neil Jackson
                                Amount Paid : $184.29 USD or £139.99 GBP (Approx.)
                                Security License : HN2540JH45276708

Plan Details:

1. Lifetime Network Security + Lifetime McAfee Security.
                                2. Lifetime Technical Support For All Devices+ If you add any new devices technical support free of cost.
                                3. Lifetime Technical Support For Emails.
                                4. Lifetime Technical Support For Printers.
                                5. Lifetime Software Help.

Card Descriptor : Eastern Unions

Note : You will not be charged for any securities/softwares in your Lifetime as you have total protection now. As you are from United Kingdom so the charge will appear in British Pounds in your card statement as per standard conversion rate.

TOLL FREE NUMBER: [protected]

Thanks
                                Amanda Galten
                                Operation Manager
                                Network Security
                                (McAfee Support)

Since then I have been asked to pay 3 more times for additional items, once was for protection of a so called Back Door into the system which they said was not covered by my initial payment and since then have received 2 more requests for and additional £930, which they say they will claim on my cyber insurance but will have to wait until November before I get it back. I have refused to pay the last request because it is starting to sound very suspicious. I only trusted them because it appears from the email that McAfee recommend them,

Another issue I have is I still get requests from you to renew my licence when I have taken out a lifetime coverage.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Kind regards

Neil

Neil Jackson

Mcafeereactivation failure

Today I have paid 600 Rs for the Activation of the Anti-virus. Amount got deducted from my PAYTM account but I have not received any activation code.

Please let me the Status of the same & share details regarding refund of amount if Service not Activated.

Screenshot of the Payment Made is attached for the reference.

Contact Number : [protected]

Email ID : [protected]@gmail.com

reactivation failure

Mcafeetaking money from my account and no response from customer support

This is the third email i am sending to the customer support. I have been trying to cancel my safe connect premium subscription since febuary and not a single person has returned my emails. In the mean time you have continued to take 7.99 out of my account when i have not used safe connect and even uninstalled it from my devices. I dont know why you continue to take money from my account then the email for customer support has nobody replying so how am i supposed to get this resolved?!!!