Having problems with McAfee?

McAfee Customer Service Contacts

1800 1441 0475 (Philippines)
+1 888 847 8766 (United States)
+44 175 321 7500 (United Kingdom)
+61 386 999 200 (Australia)
+32 22 750 703 (Belgium)
+45 70 277 277 (Denmark)
+49 893 7070 (Germany)
+39 255 4171 (Italy)
+31 205 863 800 (Netherlands)
+852 28 248 811 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 987 213 (Malaysia)
+65 62 227 555 (Singapore)
+27 117 075 500 (South Africa)
+57 15 111 700 (Chile & Latin America)
2821 Mission College Blvd

Spain
Avenida de Bruselas № 22, Edificio Sauce, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Spain

China

• SK Tower, Level 17, Unit 1703-04, № 6, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100022, PRC
• Room 903, Eco City 9F, 1788 West Nanjing Road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200040, China
• 3~5F, Bldg № 3, Vision Business Park, № 9, Gao Xin 9th South Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518057, China

Hong Kong
Unit 26/F, Chubb Tower, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

India

•1231, 3rd Floor, Solitaire Park Building № 12, Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 40093
•1F Pine Valley, Sector IV, Embassy GolfLinksBusiness Park, Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore – 560071

Israel
4 Hanechoshet St., Orr Tower B, Floor 7, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel

Japan

•Shibuya Mark City West, 16/20th Fl., 1-12-1 Dougenzaka Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
• Kintetsu Dojima Building, 18F, 2-2-2 Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003

Malaysia
Level 28, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Singapore
10 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 2 № 06-10, Singapore 339510

South Africa
1st Floor – Wrigley Field, The Campus, 57 Sloane St., Bryanston 2021, South Africa

Taiwan
29F, № 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11065, Taiwan

UAE & Middle East
DIC Building № 16, Offices 137-141, Dubai - UAE

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar, Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP, CEP 05425-070, Brazil

Chile & Latin America
Av. Providencia 1760, 19th Floor, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Mexico
Av. Paseo de la Reforma № 342 Piso 25, Colonia Juárez, México DF, C.P. 06600

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with McAfee Customer Service. Initial McAfee complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for McAfee above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about McAfee. Discuss the issues you have had with McAfee and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

McAfeeautorenewal of antivirus software

Check your credit card statements religiously! While doing tax preparation research, I found a McAfee charge for $73.58 for auto-renewal of their anti-virus software dating back to Nov. '12. I called customer support and got them to stop the auto-renewal, but was unable to get them to budge on a refund, even though it's a computer I no longer use. I asked them to transfer the service to my Mac Book Pro, but they would only offer me a 50% discount, which I declined. I asked for the email of non-renewal to be sent while I was on the phone with them, which they did. If you call within a 60-day window of the charge, you can get the charge reversed, but I missed that window. This company is bad news, just like it's founder!

• Su
      SuckerNoMore Feb 19, 2013

REPORT YOUR CREDIT CARD LOST --- THAT WILL BE THE END OF THEM.

McAfee Anti Virus Protectionrenewed subscription

Sir, i have renewed my anti virus subscription on 21/12/1 2 order no C S [protected]. Still my computer is not protected and You are sending messages to renew the subscription.
    I wrote a complaint 12 hrs back and no response from you.
    What kind of services an International company like you offering ?? Do you take 3 days to renew an on line subscription ?? Then what is the meaning of online ?? And who is responsible if my Laptop gets infected ??

• De
        deepakbale Dec 25, 2012

I have renewed anti virus protection for my computer online on 21 st December 2012.
        Order no CS [protected] AND payment has been done.
        Still I am getting messages from you asking me to renew it and my PC is not protected.
        I request to look into the matter on a VERY URGENT BASIS. Thanks.

McAfee — fraud

Even though I do not have automatic renewal and my downloaded products are well out of date, I have been...

McAfeeunauthorized renewal charge

an unauthorized charge of $85.39 appeared on my bank statement from McAfee. I called customer service number 866.622.3911. I was informed that no charge or renewal of service appeared on my account and no one knew how to remove something that they couldn't show.appearing on the account. I have not had McAfee on my computer for about 10 months. I did not renew nor authorize a
      charge to be made. This is a scam...beware...

• Az
          Azam Nadeem Feb 21, 2015

On 14th February 2015, I phoned [protected] for help regarding my McAfee. I spoke to Mr Vikas Yadav, member of technical support. He took access of my laptop, for fixing a McAfee account. He spoke to me over the phone, and he said that "your windoes is not genuine. I can fix it for you, but you have to pay me £300". He eventually settled for fixing£40. I did not accept and the next moment I saw on my screen that he was copying something from my computer. I asked him what he was copying but he did not reply.he kept asking me different questions, eg, do you have a lock on your screen, do you use wifi-more. He installed something into my computer. He also said that you have too many files in your computer, that is why your computer is slow, you will receive a message shortly that your windows is not genuine and your screen will go blank, he even showed me. He asked me where I purchased the McAfee subscription and how much I paid for that. I felt that he was not trustworthy and I should not go ahead. After that he gave me another phone number for solving my problem.
          MUHAMMAD NADEEM

McAfee Total Protectionnon-performance

My Windows 7 machine was recently infected with the "ZeroAccess" trojan. I have McAfee Total Protection installed on my machine. I have put up with Total Protection's pigginess (CPU hog which slows my machine) during scanning for several years in the hope it was protecting me from all of the nasty viruses, trojan and spyware we live with in today's environment of jerks and criminals on the internet. Well, the simple fact is McAfee Total Protection FAILED. It did not stop the infection. It did not perform the task I paid for. It is not worth the money and even more it did not do what it promised, exposing me to a rather insidious trojan. I have had McAfee on my machine for several years and it rarely finds anything. I am very cautious and do not go to web sites that usually cause problems. This time, when I needed McAfee, it FAILED miserably. I only got rid of the trojan by wiping my hard drive and reinstalling everything from backup which I can and did do myself. (Notice I am the type of user who is constantly backing my data.) When I called McAfee they didn't flinch about their software being incapable of dealing with "ZeroAccess". The person on the phone (after a 30 minute wait time) was obviously not qualified to do anything other than try to get me to contract through McAfee for an outside consultant to wipe my hard drive for a considerable extra fee.

McAfee antivirustech uninstalled my active subscription & then fixed email to where can't log on isn't that illegal!

Had this for not quite a year & recently it started to give me a weird error message. So I contacted the idiots online chat and he went thru it several times and make a long story short after over an hour he came back and said that it was a Master Tech's issue that I would have to call a "premium" number to get help! I shouldn't have because my subscription isn't up. Also, after finishing with "it" I went on my email, in which he went in & changed all my settings & all after saying nothing would be effected. I am really mad that this person who reps this company messed up my email when not authorized. Isn't that illegal & some sort of class action taken against this person even though it was authorized for his help! Do NOT purchase this software, it doesn't work well anyway & now this!

McAfee Internet Security — non-stop - pestering

constantly being pestered to renew with mcafee, telling me i am at risk! This is absolute nonsense ! I have...

Gillingham

McAfeeit won't go away and it's screwing with me

McAfee came with the computer. I didn't like it, so I didn't renew the subscription and it expired roughly 130 days ago. But it's still here, messing with my computer. It's blocked sites that I like going to, I have to access them elsewhere. Thankfully, nothing important for work yet, but it's really only a matter of time. It WON'T LET ME delete the program files, and I can't find an uninstall anywhere. I need it gone. McAfee rep, who I damn well hope sees this, this is YOUR software, which I DON'T want, and it's messing with MY life. FIX IT.

McAfee Backuploss of data/customer service

I purchased McAfee Backup service last year to save and protect my valuable personal images from family events. I was running out of room on my HD and thought an offline service would be safer than an external HD. I backed up my entire HD; it took over a week. I then cleaned out my HD to add more images. MY MISTAKE. I found out last month, when I tried to restore some of those images, that they were gone! Now they won't return my calls or follow up on my complaints. I'm still trying. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

McAfee, Inc.customer service & tech support is horrible

Macafee customer service and tech support is the worst nightmare ever. Customer support and tech services are all in India and they do not care if you have a problem. Finally found the United States corporate office phone number on the internet and after documenting my problem, they sent me back to tech support and the whole goat rope started again.

After spending hours on the phone with customer service and tech service, nothing was ever resolved. It appears that they are following a script and can't comprehend anything that doesn't fit there. I will NEVER buy a Macafee product again. Support and customer service is so bad it makes "Peggy" look like a shining star.

McAfeeterrible scam

As a computer expert, i can easily say McAfee is one of the worst antiviruses there is. It is terrible at scanning, hardly stops any viruses, is overpriced, clogs up your CPU, takes control of your computer, and never helps when you actually have a virus. Terrible product, not even worth pirating, let alone paying the terrible price of 130$ a year.

• Ho
                      Howrider Feb 13, 2012

You got that right I gave that program up a long time ago it messed up my computer so bad it was not funny...

• Co
                      Conthewater May 24, 2013

I purchased McAfee for my computer. A virus got through and now McAfee tells me I have to pay $89.95 to have the virus removed.
                      I paid for the virus protection and when they do not protect my computer I have to pay to fix the virus that slipped through MacAfee’s "protection"

McAfee Mobile Securitycharging unnecessarily

I have downloaded McAfee Mobile Security from Android Market on my Samsung Galaxy y mobile.
                    When I install that app on my mobile and accept McAfee Licence Agreement, it automattically sends 38 messages to my own mobile no. +[protected] (India) written "Verifying your mobile number on McAfee" and "Unable to Verify" . It wastes my Rs38.
                    Instead of sending 1 msg., it sends 38s..

I want my money back on my TATA DOCOMO no. +[protected].
                    I will never use this application again. McAfee Sucksssssssss!!!
                    Even NetQin Mobile Security is better.

Thanks!

McAfee Total Protectionunauthorised payment

We have used McAfee for a number of years and each time we have had to phone to ask for the automatic renewal to be taken off - especially as a great deal pricier than their own offers (at least 50%). We figured out the last time that there was avery convoluted way of switching off the automatic payment - we activated it. Unfortunately when we checked the credit card bill in November - the full non discounted amount had already been taken off our card. What is even more concerning is the fact that our credit card had expired and what we had was a new replacement. We have no idea how McAfee still managed to extract payment as the new details were never submitted. We called McAfee and was reimbursed - the customer service rep did ask if we wanted to renew at the lower price and we explained that their service has been so shoddy in the past and now that their rating was so low in protection although still pricey - we would be mad to stay. An unhappy customer who saw the light. Don't be apathetic - do the same.

McAfee Total Protection 1 - Yearwrong email address on account

According to several employess my email address has been edited from [protected]@windstream.net to [protected]@windstream.net. I keep getting messages that it's time to renew McAfee and my computer is at risk. The message still references my old email address of [protected]@windstream.net. I have an Order #CS1086269047 and the purchase was made online with my VISA 10/20/2011. Last contact with Tamela in the Phillipines on 10/31/2011 was that someone would contact me in 48 hours to assist me with uninstalling and re-installing McAfee. I have not heard from anyone and would like to get this taken care off immediately. Thank you Elizabeth Daniel

McAfee antivirusineffective product

I have Mcafee antivirus installed on my PC. 6 moths ago it let the Windows Defender virus slip by and I had to pay $100 to have it removed. This week it let the same virus slip by, again. I contacted them. They said viruses change and it happens. They recommended several of their free services, which I tried to no avail. Then they suggested I use their paid service virus removal. So they want me to pay to have a virus removed that thier antivirus software I paid for let through. Uh.. no.. I'm not giving them more money just because their product failed to work. I'll have the geeks remove it and I'm switching to Norton.

McAfeefraudulent charges

I had McAfee years ago on an old computer. I've been getting both mail and emails requesting that my credit card be updated for my renewal subscription. I contacted McAfee notifying them that I no longer had that computer, and requested that they stop trying to obtain current credit card information. I spoke to someone in India. Not only did they have my wrong (old) email address, but my old address since I had moved. Yesterday, August 23rd, I received an email that was transferred to my new email account, that I was charged over $80.00 for a renewal on a computer I no longer had. I checked my credit card, and lo and behold they obtained my new credit card information. I knew I had taken off my auto-renewal since my computer was replaced, so not only did they go and put my account into auto-renewal, they fraudulently charged a credit card that had no balance and was not being used! I immediately contacted my credit card company and requested that they remove the fraudulent charges, close out my account and issue another card number. McAfee claims that they work with the banks and credit card companies to obtain the new information so that their customers do not have a lapse in subscription. THIS COMPANY IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! THEY STEAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN ORDER TO GET BUSINESS. Any reputable company who wants your business would not do this, especially if you do not update your credit card number after it expires!!! There should be class-action lawsuit against them to prevent their stealing money from accounts!

• Gr
                                Grant Slade Mar 17, 2012

I had McAfee. Over a couple of years my computer got so slow it was taking two minutes to save a Microsoft word document. The technician took all the McAfee stuff off and the computer ran like new. Notified them to cancel subscription, no reply, but I stopped getting upgrades. In March 2011 they continued to debit my credit card, but I was too busy to do anything about it. My credit card expiry dates were changed in November 2011. In February 2012 I began getting emails advising to update my credit card details with them. Four times I notified them that I did not want to renew, but eventually thought, my credit card expiry has changed they won't be able to renew. What the ****???? They still debited my credit card!! I complained to the bank about this .The bank said that they know the card renewal is just for two or three years, and they just try each month until they find the one that works. The bank also told me the only way to stop them is to cancel my credit card and open a new one, which I have now done. But it is very inconvenient and I have to re-notify the dozen or so genuine companies. I am so mad about this. This company is immoral, unethical and despicable. If you are looking for computer security, keep away from them. They are bad bad news.
                                Still on McAfee, their virus scan product appeared on my wife's computer when she updated Adobe, or something, How did this happen? Every time my wife did a different activity their window would pop up and advise her that she had 687 errors, viruses etc etc which needed to be dealt with. This was totally bogus: their was and still is nothing wrong with my wife's computer. I had to delete this programme, with some effort. Beware of these people.

McAfee — false charges/ lying

I bought a brand new computer with a McAfee subscription. I had just taken the computer out of the box le...

Dri*McAfee Soft, Orderfind.Com — mcafee viruus protection

On the 17th June, I paid £34.90 for a McAfee Anti Virus package - Anti-Virus and Anti-Theft (which wa...

McAfeefalse subscription

Dear Gregory, [TOTALLY BOGUS STATEMENT!!!]

Thank you for your McAfee purchase.

Your Next Step:

Download and Install
                              If you haven’t already done so, go to the PC you want to protect, and download your McAfee product from your My Account page: http://us.mcafee.com/root/myaccount.asp?affid=105

Renewal
                              If you are renewing your subscription, verify your subscription now to update the information in your McAfee product. Your product is then ready to use. Learn how to verify your subscription here: http://us.mcafee.com/root/verifySubInfo.asp

Upgrade or Downgrade
                              If you are replacing your current McAfee product, uninstall it and restart your PC before downloading your new product. When you are ready, download your software from your My Account page:

Information
                              Information about your new McAfee product can be found on your My Account page. You can go there anytime by clicking the My Account link found on the top-right of McAfee Home and Home Office web pages.

CONFIRMATION RECEIPT
                              Name: Gregory SorozanOrder #: RA1000225587
                              Date: Saturday, June 11, 2011
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              McAfee SecurityCenter 12-month subscription: $69.99 (USD)
                              Tax: 4.37 (USD)
                              Total Price: $74.36 (USD)
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              Refund policy: If you are not satisfied with your product, you can request a full refund within 30 days of your purchase.
                              --------------------------------------------------

This message is being sent from: McAfee, Inc, McAfee Security S.a.r.l. (Europe), McAfee Co., Ltd. (Japan).

CH Lee May 22, 2014

Received an email from your office for automatic renewal of McAfree anti-virus of one (1) Subscription under Chen Hoe Lee
                                  Order Nos. CS [protected]
                                  Kindly stop the subscription as I did not authorize the order and am not interested in your products

thanks
                                  Chen Hoe Lee

McAfee — charged twice for a renewal

I bought a Dell PC which had McAfee 30 days free trial. When the 30 day trial ended I was invited to buy the...