Having problems with McAfee?

McAfee reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 13, 2006. The latest review fee procedure was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint anti virus was resolved on Oct 03, 2019. McAfee has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 222 reviews. McAfee has resolved 40 complaints.

McAfee Customer Service Contacts

1800 1441 0475 (Philippines)
+1 888 847 8766 (United States)
+44 175 321 7500 (United Kingdom)
+61 386 999 200 (Australia)
+32 22 750 703 (Belgium)
+45 70 277 277 (Denmark)
+49 893 7070 (Germany)
+39 255 4171 (Italy)
+31 205 863 800 (Netherlands)
+852 28 248 811 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 987 213 (Malaysia)
+65 62 227 555 (Singapore)
+27 117 075 500 (South Africa)
+57 15 111 700 (Chile & Latin America)
2821 Mission College Blvd

Spain
Avenida de Bruselas № 22, Edificio Sauce, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Spain

China

• SK Tower, Level 17, Unit 1703-04, № 6, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100022, PRC
• Room 903, Eco City 9F, 1788 West Nanjing Road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200040, China
• 3~5F, Bldg № 3, Vision Business Park, № 9, Gao Xin 9th South Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518057, China

Hong Kong
Unit 26/F, Chubb Tower, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

India

•1231, 3rd Floor, Solitaire Park Building № 12, Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 40093
•1F Pine Valley, Sector IV, Embassy GolfLinksBusiness Park, Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore – 560071

Israel
4 Hanechoshet St., Orr Tower B, Floor 7, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel

Japan

•Shibuya Mark City West, 16/20th Fl., 1-12-1 Dougenzaka Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
• Kintetsu Dojima Building, 18F, 2-2-2 Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003

Malaysia
Level 28, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Singapore
10 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 2 № 06-10, Singapore 339510

South Africa
1st Floor – Wrigley Field, The Campus, 57 Sloane St., Bryanston 2021, South Africa

Taiwan
29F, № 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11065, Taiwan

UAE & Middle East
DIC Building № 16, Offices 137-141, Dubai - UAE

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar, Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP, CEP 05425-070, Brazil

Chile & Latin America
Av. Providencia 1760, 19th Floor, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Mexico
Av. Paseo de la Reforma № 342 Piso 25, Colonia Juárez, México DF, C.P. 06600

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with McAfee Customer Service. Initial McAfee complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for McAfee above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about McAfee. Discuss the issues you have had with McAfee and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

McAfee Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Mcafeefor waiting for weeks and weeks for information of the know answer for renew password

I brougth a new Mc Afee LLC $ 49.95 i did paid at the moment online with pay-pal No:[protected] on the )3/30/2019. But the the moment i did to recured to to a free virus to help my computer because you could set the new program i brougth from you ecause i could no remembered my password, you send that en 72 hours you should send me the new conection to reset the password i do still waiting at the moment already a month passed n i did finished with the free program and what is the problem please let know what is the problem or send me back my money i do used to be a old customer of youalways i did paid in full. Here i dosend more informatiom
Transaction ID 6CD96961Dl244761B
Invoice ID PL2366867263
McAfee LLC
Seller Information [protected] TksAngelicaFrancisco:[protected]@hotmail.com

Mcafeeall mcafee products

Hi,

I have no McAfee services. I have opted out of all & uninstalled all from any and every system that I own, or have previously owned; I will do the same for any systems I own in the future. I am receiving a horde of notifications stating that my licence has expired (today 22 April 2019), despite never having used any of your services. Please stop. I do not want your products/services, please just make it easy to absolutely and utterly purge all McAfee services with a single click & once done leave me alone.

Thank you.
    Usman

Apr 06, 2019

Mcafee — mcafee threatening with viruses 2 months before my contract expires

I have a McAfee Livesafe contact; it came with my laptop first then I bought a 3 yr contract; it is due to...

Mcafeemcafee

12 months ago you took £89.99 from my bank account, when I contacted you to explain that your product was on an old PC that was broken and that my new PC had alternative protection you e mailed me to tell me you would return my money and you would make sure no more money was taken from my account.
      Last week you stole £89.99 from my bank account, I say stole as you were instructed not to take any money and you agreed to stop taking money as you are not providing me with any product or service.
      I also checked my bank statements and you failed to return the money you took/stole last year.
      You can return the money you stole last week and the money you stole last year with interest or I can contact the ombudsman in which case you will return the money you stole last week and the money you stole last year with interest and pay a fine for obtaining money by deception.

Mar 08, 2019

Mcafee — antivirus... activate

I bought one of your antivirus programs at sams, got on the computer and did everything I was directed. An...

Mcafeeunethical behaviour

I am trying to make a complaint and obtain a refund £124.98, sent email to sales and using McAfee system both have been ignored. Have now formally written UK Office, 227 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire,. I note a different address on this page 6 Floor, 3-9 Albert Street, Slough,. Do McAfee not wish to be contacted? McAfee are taking money and not updating the system on my PC but are offering a package that costs more money!

unethical behaviour
        unethical behaviour

Feb 14, 2019

Mcafee — breaking a contract, unlawful usage of my bank details

Celestine Kendrick ... My last correspondence was hasty I admit, however… I have seriously thought over what...

Mcafeeantivirus software

On the 30th of October 2018 $114.99US $177.81NZ was withdrawn from my account for the renewal of my McAfee antivirus.

However I have not been able to download/activate this despite numerous attempts to do so. I have tried to make contact with you since then and received no response or support to date.

I am therefore writing to request a refund of this money. I have found the whole situation very frustrating and now 3 months later still have no anti virus for my computer.

If you wish to discuss this further please contact me on 0064 [protected].

I hope this matter can be resolved promptly.

Regards, Tony Dowling

Mcafeecashback not received

i purchased mcafee protection for my home pc and at the time of purchase (Aug 2018) i was told i would recieve £40 chasback.

Then i raised a query as to why this had not been recieved:

- Service Request #: [protected]
            - Created Date: 08/19/2018 06:11:38
            - Description: Please see case reference [protected]

I got acknowldgement from mcafee that my service request had been recieved but no response in terms of what has happened to the cash back.

I called your customer services team today [protected] and was told they could extend warranty by 2 months but given that my subscription was £99 for 2 years i dont think 2 months extended subscrition is acceptable compensation.

I think the website was misleading when it told me that i would recieve cashback and also i think the customer service since then has been atrocious.

Please review and advise on next steps.

Mcafeeimproper charging and refusal of reimbursement

It seems like a scam. I bought a computer for my daughter in December 2014 and we immediately purchased and installed McAfee antivirus. One year later the service was cancelled by McAfee and a recurrent message would appear at the screen informing that the service was cancelled and asking for a renew but the renew of the service wasn´t interesting for us, thus we didn´t take any further action.
              In 2015 we moved out of England. The fact is that they continued charging us every year after that the amount of £89.99. I returned to England this year and only then aknowledge the charges. For my surprise I was told by the bank that they couldn´t do anything about it and I should contact McAfee directly but they were fully aware of the "problem". And so I did. McAfee confirmed the fact that the services were cancelled one year after the purchase but I didn´t "call" them to cancel the services, reason why they continued charging me. They reimbursed me for the charges made in July 2018 (despite the fact that the first purchase was made in December 2014, no reason whatsoever for them to be charging me in July) but they refused to reimburse the previous charges made in 2016 and 2017 even though the services were no longer being provided. So, I strongly advise people to be aware of McAfee "type of procedures".

Mcafeesearch engine

I am tired of having to change the search engine settings. I prefer google, yet weekly I am having to switch the settings back to them. I do not like that you guys take it upon yourselves to change my settings for yahoo or bing. My settings on my computer should be my choice. The last anti virus software I had I didn't even know it was on it never popped up, yet yours infuriates me. I will not be using your service again. It cannot end soon enough.

Mcafeeunauthorised card charges

the date of the incident is the 1st October 2018
                  reference number is...

I called MacAfee for a refund of my yearly subscription as I had deactivated my plan and the money was taken, the person I spoke to on the phone authorised a full refund and the money was put back into my account on the 1st October 2018. the same day, within a few hours, the money was taken out again by MacAfee. I called the customer service team as soon as I had realised the money had gone out again and was told that it was the bank that had taken the money. I contacted the bank and was told that it was MacAfee who had taken the money out again and it was showing on my bank statement, which is attached. I have since contacted the customer service team who insist it that is not MacAfee who have taken the money out and the bank is liable. I am now at a loss as to what is going on as the bank statement clearly shows the outgoing money to MacAfee but you seem to not want to take responsibility and give me a refund for a product that I can not access as it has been cancelled.

please help me to resolve this as soon as possible.

kind regards,

Megan Stevenson

Mcafee — customer support for the united state subscribers

Been trying to get someone in McAfee support that doesn't speak in broken English and an accent That I can't...

Mcafee — renewal

I recently hade the worst experience with your Company when I needed to renew my yearly subscription of your...

Mcafeeservice/refund

I bough last year an antivirus for my laptop but now this year my computer doesn't work anymore, Mcafe done already the transaction as "renovation" for this year, but I do not need it, so I called them to ask for a refund and cancel my subscription. Already two weeks after that happens and still waiting for my refund, I called them more than 4 times requesting my refund and they still promised giving 3, 5 or 7 days and as I said it is been already SEVEN DAYS, Mcafe just stole my money and they have very bad service. Hopefully I will got the money as my bank it will help me in this as the mcafe service doesn't help.

Mcafeeno response after I contact mcafee customer support

No one response to my service request despite me sending contacting the customer support more than 1 month ago.

Please see below my service request:

Service Request #: [protected]
                      - Created Date: 08/28/2018 22:35:46
                      - Description: I receive various email from McAfee on the renewal of my McAfee account. The promotion renewal fee is USD 69.99, which I have renewed just 1 day ago. Shortly after renewing, I realise the renewal fee from clicking "renew" from my McAfee account (on my desktop), is only S$54.95. This is ridiculous. I hope you can address this issue and refund me the difference. Thanks.

• Jj
                          jjm McCaughan Nov 15, 2018

three times i complain to them i do not get an answer my computer had to be rebuild my computer and it was meant to be able to reinstall it did not

Mcafeemcafee internet security

Dear McAfee. Although the product works fine (the window for the programs internet access permissions should be resizeable). Each time my browser of choice updates, your software adds Yahoo to my list of search engines (which I invariably remove each time) and sets it as my default one, and it would appear that there isn't anything I can do about it

So, dear McAfee, please stop changing my default search engine without my consent. Until then I'll switch back to Karpersky and advise anyone who asks me to do the same, being an IT professional that tends to happen a lot. I don't mind risking some dark and secret Russian conspiracy if they leave my browser alone.

Thank you for your time.

p.s. If you happen to have a solution which requires to reinstall the program, please save your time, those aren't solutions, they're insults.

Mcafee — taking money from my account without permission

To whom it may concern I have woken up this morning and have had £89.99 taken from my bank i current have a...

Mcafee — mcafee

I purchased the computer cover around 1 year ago for the fair price of £39.99, I paid this monthly as it wa...

Mcafeeantivirus not removed after scan

I have purchased macafee and scan my pc but somehow many virus came in my PC and i will not able to work properly and i have run full system scan also but not able to rectify issue.I have tried to contact but no one is responding to my complaint as this issue is getting very difficult to solve ..help in solving the issue most urgently

solve it on priority