[Resolved] Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 — defective clothes washers
Less than 18 months after delivery, our little used maytag washer failed. it would not fill with water properly, agitated the clothes dry and deposited water onto clothes already spun dry.
the maytag repairman replaced the "water level and temperature controller switch" (part #w10248240) during a 15 minute visit for a cost of $170.55, almost half the cost of the washer after rebates.
the repairman stated that this part fails frequently as there was a manufacturing defect and the parts are now made by a supplier in the us rather than in china as was originally the case. he also stated that he has replaced this same part up to 3 times in the same washers.
I called, e-mailed and wrote maytag for some sort of adjustment but was refused. customer service insists on the 12 month warranty and refuses to help even though there is evidence of a widespread serious manufacturing defect in this sensor relay.
my understanding is that this sensor relay is present in other models of maytag/whirlpool as well.
More Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks!
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall
- Whirlpool - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday!
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective!
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products