Maytag / French Door Refrigeratorproblems with the ice maker!

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Maytag's response · Mar 31, 2017

Dear Valerie: We are sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing with your Refrigerator.
    We would be happy to look into this matter. If you could email us at [email protected] with your name, phone number, and address along with the model and serial number of the Refrigerator.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 08, 2013

Hello alnappier. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Maytag. We truly apologize for the frustrations you have endured regarding your refrigerator. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at [email protected] and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name and your ticket number (39710). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 27, 2013

Hello lbedell. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard.com), your user ID name (lbedell), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, your ticket number (34374), and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Amber.

• Hu
    hughmanoid Sep 12, 2014

Same issues with a Maytag MFI2568AES. About 4 years ago the ice maker quit working. I had a warranty on the house when we bought it so the frig was part of it. Their repairman couldn't find the parts anymore to fix it. The problem was so prevalent that you couldn't find the repair parts anymore. I searched also. Then about 18 months ago it started the ice maker door popping and front lights flashing. I unplugged the connector to stop the crazy noise and the fridge and freezer still worked. Then about 3 weeks ago the fridge quit cooling at the right temperature. I agree that Maytag should recall their defective products like all reputable company do. Apparently the Maytag repairman isn't busy because they don't fix their issues and that causes people to quit buying their products. I won't be investing in Maytag products either.

jaykk Sep 11, 2014

I have the same problem as marlenebl; 18 month old french door fridge, just stopped working suddenly. I was told the repair will cost more than the fridge itself and got the run around with the extended warranty department. Anyway, will never buy another Maytag/Whirlpool fridge again. Please pass on the word.

• Fe
    FED UP WITH MAYTAG Aug 04, 2014

We bought our fridge from lowes in 06. First week had to have the ice maker fixed. a month down the road the doors looked like it had the chickenpox from yellow spots all over it (nothing like magnets or anything hung on my fridge). They had to replace the doors TWICE. Now 8 years later the aliens took over my ice maker circuit board. Lights blinking, no water, no ice, door flapping and MAYTAG refuses to do anything. I have spoken to 8 people THIS morning and still on phone and being transferred to another department from customer service to recall to quality back to customer service then put on hold and next thing i know I'm on with parts and back to customer service on and on. i asked for supervisor and got hung up on. They said mine is not in recall nd i argued that this is a KNOWN issue with the same exact fridges and just because mine is not under the recall does not mean its not having the issue. ALL the circuit boards are the same! Manager will not do anything!

• Jz
    jzwmnb01 Aug 02, 2014

This is a follow up to my posting of 06-27-14. It took two phone calls to customer service [protected] but they finally agreed to cover all expenses related to replacing the defective circuit board. It took four days for the part to arrive and about twenty minutes to install. The service man commented that this is a very common repair. Unit works fine now although it took some time for the ice maker to decide to start working again. The defective board looked exactly like the ones posted on other sites with the failed parts. Thanks to all who posted before me as I was able to use this information in getting my appliance repaired.

• Jz
    jzwmnb01 Jul 27, 2014

This is the second time that the same part has failed for me. The first failure resulted in a visit from the local fire department as my daughter was home alone and smelled burning plastic coming from the unit. This same circuit board overheated and caused some of the wiring to melt however I cannot say if the ice door was flapping as it is now. I had purchased an extended warranty (now expired) and they paid for the repairs along with about $400 for spoiled food. I will be calling Maytag tomorrow morning. If they refuse to cover it I will first attempt the replacement of the two defective parts and if unsuccessful, I will simply order a replacement board from eBay for about $130. I understand nothing lasts forever but this is a know issue and there should be some responsibility by the manufacturer.

• Jc
    jcsvet Jul 26, 2014

I took possession of a house that had this refrigerator (MFI2868AEB) and the day I walked into my new home the lights were blinking, the clicking noise was present, and no controls were working... I called the first number [protected] and was told by the representative that there was no issue noted with the serial number and model number and that they couldn't help. The representative talked to her supervisor about the part number as they couldn't find it and I was going to have to wait until Monday to talk to the parts department. I asked to speak with the supervisor (the representative was very nice and supportive) as I knew that they could find and do more that the front line rep could. She came back on the phone and said that after the dug deeper they found that this model did have a "known issue" and they would be happy to setup a complimentary repair as soon as possible. So for those who are continuing to have issues... Talk higher up the food chain and insist that this is a KNOWN ISSUE. Try calling the number above and others have talked about using: [protected]. They will still fix this issue!

• Db
    Dbranch Jul 22, 2014

Very similar problems with Maytag Fridge MFI2569VEM2. Manufactured 2010. The front control panel was ticking like a time bomb when we came home. No flashing lights just ticking. After unplugging for awhile the problem changed to the ice door making a flapping on/off noise. The light in the fridge is on but control panel non functional and that means the fridge does not work. Been eating out of a cooler for 5 days so far.

The maytag service people are no longer acknowledging this as a common problem. The suggest the repair plus 1 service plan at $360 for
    one year. Yeah I did that LAST year when the fridge kept leaking all over the floor due to ice buildup in the bottom freezer. That got fixed, the repair man knew a procedure to fix the drainage flaw the system has.

Now I have the new problem. Already bought the front board before i got here, so I'm out $150 and that does not fix this problem. Maytag - I live in Michigan and have your stove and dishwasher besides this fridge. I'm calling service tomorrow and want some help on this. 4 year old fridge is a huge piece of c***.

• Wa
    W Allman Jul 18, 2014

I too have had the problems with the same model since purchasing in August 2006 at Lowe's. The ice maker has been replaced once and repaired once. The main board replaced also once after becoming possessed. Now the 5 year extended warranty has expired and the ice maker has stopped again. In past couple of years I could take a hair blower and heat up the ice maker and ice to un-jam it and it would start back working. It has even dumped ice and water out on the floor at night. Now I give up and will resort to making ice in ice trays and dumping it into the small reserve container.No more Maytag appliances for me and I went all Maytag stainless steel in my kitchen when the hose was built in 2006.

• Af
    A Franklin Jul 16, 2014

I am having the same issue with control panel. Blinking lights, ice chute flapping, no cooling.

• Ic
    Ice?What Ice? Jul 01, 2014

Had all of the problems people described in this thread. The second time the High Voltage Control Board was replaced seemed to fix that issue. The Icemaker? LOL...bad joke. The tipping point for me to buy this product back in 06 was that that icemaker was billed as the "greatest icemaker of all time." Now...according to 2 different repair firms...you can't even get the replacement icemaker. I had it replaced twice early in fridge's history. I've been using flexible, manually filled "blue plastic trays" for MANY years. I have had other issues with this fridge (freezes beverages in the beverage drawer...even when you have set it at warmest levels...same thing with vegetables despite following manufacture instructions)...planned for many more years of use than 8 for a product of this cost. Maytag/Whirlpool have done NOTHING despite being aware of this issue for years. I agree with LEBlinky. I know nothing of the $300 off they will give us toward another product...this was a lemon product...Maytag knows it. THAT offer is a JOKE! It's funny...a company absolutely KILLS and spend TONS of DOUGH to get an iconic trademark/sloganmark/commercial...Maytag had it..."the lonely Maytag repairman" because their product is SO GOOD. We ALL remember those advertisements. It is advertising at it's best...it is EXACTLY what you want as a company. Yet...Maytag dropped that icon...and...those of us that bought VERY expensive Ice2NO fridge...now know why the lonely Maytag Repairman went the way of the Marlboro Man.

• Le
    LEBinky Jun 23, 2014

If the control panel light on your ICE2o refrigerator starts
    flashing you will learn about the Non-Customer Service of Maytag.

The problem is the High Voltage Control Board. Maytag has
    been aware of this defective part since 2007. At onetime Maytag was fixing
    these at no cost to the customer via a recall. Then conveniently in 2011 the
    Japanese tsunami wiped out the only plant in the universe that manufactures the
    part.

Now out of the goodness of Maytag’s corporate heart they
    offer the customer $300 off of a $2300 replacement. (Oh, I am so grateful)

It is time for Maytag (whirlpool) to accept responsibility
    for a defective product and recall this refrigerator with a replacement.

In the meantime if you have this problem my advice is to go
    out a buy a non-Maytag/Whirlpool product since Maytag/Whirlpool cannot be
    trusted to stand behind their products.

Please share this post with family and friends to prevent
    others from experiencing Non-Customer Service.

• Le
    LEBinky Jun 22, 2014

I have the same problem with my ICE20 refrigerator and the same non-customer service from Maytag. Now we know why the Maytag repairman is so lonely, he doesn't have the parts to fix the refrigerator. They want you to buy a new one at a discounted price. $400 off a $2200 refrigerator, what a joke. Bckt is right, "It is time for Maytag (whirlpool) to accept responsibility for a defective product and recall this refrig with a replacement." or start making the replacement part.
    In the meantime you can try this - http://www.liny.net/MaytagIce2O.htm
    I was able to replace the capacitors in about 45 minutes even though I'm a clutch when it come to electronics. The two capacitors were $8.00 and I ordered them from amazon.com,

• Bc
    Bckt Jun 15, 2014

I have the same exact problem. Lights blinking. Dispenser flapping. Now not cooling at all. I did receive a call back from Maytag. They are offering a prorated amount toward a replacement refrig. Of course through their manufacturer! And basically they are offering for me to "purchase" a new refrig at their cost. They are not out a dime but I HAVE TO BUY A NEW REFRIG!!! That is not acceptable. They said they will "prorate" my refrig and discount a refrig from them at the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. AND we haven't even talked about the cost of installation or how long it will take to get the refrig. It is time for Maytag (whirlpool) to accept responsibility for a defective product and recall this refrig with a replacement. A $2200 refrigerator should last more than a few years!!!

Sebastien Jalbert Jun 02, 2014

Had the exact same problem a while ago, and Maytag/Whirlpool said at the time that the needed part (the back control board) was back order. However, I found and used the online instructions for replacing the damaged capacitors on the board that seemed to solve the issue for many users, including some on this board. I put the board back in with the new capacitors and bingo: It worked!

... for about 10 hours. At 6 am the next day, the exact same problem reappeared. I unplugged it (my version of this problem is the complete one where the fridge no longer cools) and checked the control board. Most of it was really hot! I waited for it to cool down and plugged the fridge back, but no change. I was sure the problem was fixed but now I'm back to square one!

Anyone knows what could be done? I'm really not enthusiastic about ordering a new 300$ control board which MIGHT work, especially since the capacitor replacement fix didn't work, which might indicate another problem with the fridge. The Maytag/Whirlpool customer service isn't exactly helpful, although I will call them back and try to see what can be done.

Anyone tried to change de capacitors with no success and found another solution?

• Pa
    Patricia A Mason May 31, 2014

Bought my Maytag Ice2O in June 2008 and now I have the same issue with control panel. Blinking lights, ice chute flapping, no cooling. Called Maytag after reading all of this and was told Control Panel not available as the factory in Japan that made the part was destroyed by Tsunami last year. Case was referred to Product Review Team last Wednesday. Told I would receive a call in 48 hours, and when I did not receive it I called again and was told it might be three more days. Has anyone had any resolution by Maytag?
    Patricia Mason, Ceres, Ca

• Ku
    kunk99 May 25, 2014

I had the same problem with the flapping noise and lights flashing and had to replace the main circuit board in the back of the fridge---works fine now! Ordered over the internet and had in a couple days!

• Di
    Diane L. B. May 25, 2014

Ok--adding to the list of other complaints. Purchased Maytag MFI2568AEB October 2007. Ice dispenser has always been a problem as you could never get the ice in your glass. At least one cube would always fall on the floor. Anyway, have lived with that for over 6 years now by trying to just use wide mouth glasses but still have the same problem. Lights started flashing a little over a month ago. About two weeks ago, the lights would flash and door flap would open & close. We would shut the breaker off for ten minutes or so and then turn back on. It would sometimes work and other times not. Placed a call into Maytag and were told that someone would call us back in a week. That was on a Friday. By Monday, the problem had worsened so called back. We were told that our case was being reviewed by a review board for an exchange program and someone would call us back by week's end. Problem just continued to get worse and read from other members that they disconnected the ice/water dispenser on the top left of the fridge. We did that and now there is a ticking sound and humming which is better than lights flashing and door flapping. Placed another call on Thursday as we still had not heard anything. Were told we were still in line to receive a call within the next 24-48 hours. Guess what, it's Memorial Day long weekend and we did not hear back on Friday which means now the earliest we will hear anything is next Tuesday. And to add to all of this, our fridge now completely died. Thank God we still had our old GE Fridge which is 25 years old in the basement. Not easy bringing it up the stairs but at least we have a back up. Tried to call them on Saturday but of course they only operate Monday thru Friday. Will definitely be calling them on Tuesday morning. It sounded like they may prorate the value of our fridge to put towards another one but I am sure that will be towards a Maytag which I am a little leary about. Anyway, we will have to wait to see what they offer us. I cannot believe the amount of complaints about this problem on this Maytag model. And it's not a recall? Really?

• To
    Tomwolf May 15, 2014

My freezer handle just came off and at loss to fix it. Any ideas?

joey rose Apr 23, 2014

I have a MAYTAG refrigerator MF12568AEB, first start with no water or ice dispensing, than It totally quit cooling capacity downgrade and the control panel lit up and flapping noise on the dispensing door, It a new refrigerator that a bought, brand new in abox, only have it 9 month since 2013, I called MAYTAG explain problem and the are3 more than 18 pages of complaints of hundreds of upset customer and they told me that they have not get any compliant at all !!!, I do not know, but we need to JAM their telephone lines with all the complaint, headaches, waste of time and food that we are going thru because they are selling a defective product the are selling to the public and making a profit out of it !!!

SadMeytag Apr 17, 2014

I just got off the phone with them and the initial rep said "yeah, we will replace it. However the part is on 'indefinite backorder'". He found that strange and went to dig into it a little more. He came back on the line saying his "supervisor" wanted to talk to me. The supervisor said that I had two options: 1) they would send a tech out free of charge to take the board out so that we could ship it to their company in Chicago to have it repaired... at our cost!!!. They would then, after the estimated 7-day repair period (at which point everything in the refrigerator/freezer would be bad), would send a repair tech out free of charge to reinstall the board. Option 2 was to send my case to a product review board who would determine the value of the fridge and would give me credit towards the purchase of a new (Meytag) refrigerator. ... So, look like I'm going to Radio Shack as well... My refrigerator was a MF12568AES built in September of 2006.

• Ye
    Yelsink Mar 03, 2014

Looks like Maytag knew about this board problem. We all need to write to the Attorney General. Maytag refused to fix mine for free. They have lost me as a customer.

• Pl
    Plane Mack Feb 25, 2014

Well, I guess Maytag (Whirlpool) has finally decided to stop covering this repair. I gave them the same information as depicted in the other posts, and the best the could do for me is sell me the HV Control Board at 50% off which came to $122 + tax and free shipping. No amount of "it's a known problem" or "you've fixed for others" swayed the decision. It took talking (nicely) to a supervisor to find out that this "project" of covering this repair depends on your serial number, not just the model number. I guess they have figured out a certain "lot" of refrigerators they were bad and that's all they're covering. MFI2568AES like the rest, but no free fix. To top it off, the part is back-ordered until the end of March. Guess a trip to radio shack is in my future to try to replace the capacitors and see if that will at least work temporarily. Not a happy Maytag customer!

JohnnyP11 Feb 17, 2014

#Gasser - Call back and try again! Ask to speak to a manager, tell them you are seeing this problem all over the Internet and time and time again, Maytag is fixing it because it is a constant problem with this refrigerator. Ask them why they are not fixing yours? Ask to be submitted for a case review. They did this with me and it worked. Came back with a favorable response. Guys are coming on Wednesday of this week. Stick with it, and you may get a better response. The proof is in all the people alone on this complaints board post that have gotten a response. Use us as your amunition. Good luck!

JohnnyP11 Feb 17, 2014

#Gasser - Call Maytag back [protected], have your model/serial number ready and ask to speak to a manager. Tell them clear as day that online website/complaints boards, etc, including Maytag's own complaints board show this problem is a constant issue with this refrigerator and the response is always that Maytag will fix it for free because of it being an issue. Time and time again on 5 year old, 6 year old and even older (8 year old in my case) refrigerators this is happening and Maytag is fixing it. Ask the manager, "why are you not fixing mine?" Ask to have it reviewed by their board (they did this with me) and perhaps you will get a better response. I tried to stay calm and even tempered throughout my phone call and i think that helped. I'm guessing screaming won't help. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

• Ga
    Gasser Feb 17, 2014

I have a MFI2067aes May tag and it's blinking and ice flap iis going crazy, call May tag and no help ! I am done with May tag !

JohnnyP11 Feb 11, 2014

Ok so my Maytag was purchased in 2006 (Nearly 8 years old). I read all the complaints on this issue - Same for me, lighting blinking and ice door flapping. I didn't see that anyone had purchased their refrigerator in 2006 (Model Number MFI2568AES). Called the number [protected] and at first the guy tells me not covered, puts me on hold and comes back to say it is covered, puts me on hold again and apologizes saying it is covered for my model number but not for my serial number? HUH? He says that the issue had been resolved prior to when I purchased my fridge. I asked him if he has been on the complaints board recently?!?!? He said no. I stated that people have been dealing with this issue on this fridge after that date, not before. He had it backwards. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to a Manager. Few minutes later, manager comes on saying the same thing. I stated that what she is saying makes no sense. People are having this issue with the same fridge today, just like they were 5/6/7 years ago. She said should would put me on hold and request an exception from their review board. She came back a few minutes later and it was approved! No charge. Don't take no for answer. Keep pushing. On a side note IF YOU WANT TO STOP THE FLASHING AND FLAPPING UNTIL THE FIX IS DONE, DO THE FOLLOWING: 1) Unplug fridge when the Ice Flap is in the closed position 2) Remove Splash guard at bottom of water dispenser 3) Unscrew (2) hex head bolts 4) carefully remove water/ice dashboard to expose wires behind 5) Unplug the 2 leads one on left and one on right 6) screw dashboard back in 7) plug refrig back in. THIS SHOULD WORK AS LONG AS THE HV BOARD DOESN'T GO OUT COMPLETELY CAUSING THE TEMP TO DROP AND FOOD TO BECOME LOST

• St
    Steve Beck Jan 04, 2014

For those who can't wait for a repairman because their fridge is no longer keeping things cold in the freezer, here's the original How-To on stopping the flapping and fixing it for less than $5 if you have soldering tools, $25 or so if you need to buy them. Takes less than an hour if you take your time and have not soldered before. With enough YouTube videos on how to solder, just about anyone could do this themselves if they needed/wanted. My fridge has been problem-free since July 2007 after this fix. http://liny.net/MaytagIce2O.htm Enjoy.

• Ed
    Ederdn Nov 04, 2013

Big thanks to the members of this board for helping me get a REALLY quick solution to this problem. Thursday night the classic symptoms arose--blinking lights and ice door opening. Found this thread (what did we ever do before Google and forums?). Called the number-- [protected]-- Fridge was fixed TODAY at no charge. Thanks Whirlpool and thanks to Gliedt Enterprises in Rogers, AR. Happy customer.

Dan Garrick Oct 03, 2013

I want to say that it's really great to see the way that Maytag/Whirlpool has responded to our issues and it restores some of the confidence that I had lost in big corporations. If other companies would read some of these maybe they would see that truly operating, with the customer in mind, would be more beneficial to them than just looking at the bottom line. Operating in this manner will raise your bottom line not lower it like they all think it will. Again I give Kudos to Whirlpool/Maytag and sites such as Complaints Board that lets us operate together to find solutions to such problems. I know that there's a lot more of us out there and hopefully they find there way to what we have here so I say let everyone know about this site and others so they can find resolution to their problems.

• Ml
    M L Evans Oct 03, 2013

Well Dan (of 7/22/13) is right. I called the [protected] number and Jasmine was very nice and helpful. Even though my unit was purchased a number of years ago, they are covering the repair. I just have to live with the flapping over the weekend. But, my capacitors are just beginning to fail so it is intermittent right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Jovilover11 Sep 13, 2013

Same thing! Woke up this morning to a loud clicking noise! Panel was blinking and ice dispenser was flapping. Called Maytag, and they will have someone come out to fix it in 4 days. Repair, service, and parts all covered for free. No warranty needed!

Sean the Complainer Aug 01, 2013

On a Positive Note, I called the Whirlpool number [protected]) and spoke to a very pleasant girl who helped me immediately. When I told her the issue and what I had already done, She said that they would cover it and send someone out. Of course, they can't get here for 2 weeks...But they are coming out. Also on a positive note. I contacted Sears and they are allowing me to send back the part I just purchased for a refund as that did not fix what was going on. I will have to update in a couple weeks to see if everything goes as smoothly as it seems to be right now.

Sean the Complainer Jul 30, 2013

Also, as many of you have figured out, NEVER BUY AN APPLIANCE FROM HOME DEPOT. They are not the same as the more expensive versions at Sears or a Maytag store. Home Depot has there own Version that is made with cheaper parts. Instead of ceramic or metal, they have Plastic pieces. In other words, Don't judge a book by the cover, what is inside may not be the same thing that you think it is.

Sean the Complainer Jul 30, 2013

OK, I read a few of these messages on the Boards, I have the MFI2568AES version of the fridge. On 7/28 it started blinking and opening and closing the ice door. I unplugged the Ice Door by pulling the connector apart over the left side top hinge on the fridge as I read somewhere else. (Make sure that the ice door is closed when you unplug it or else you will just lose cold air out the hole... not that I did that the first time) I ordered a new circuit board that I read somewhere that replacing that would work. I called the Sears service number and ordered it on 7/29. It cost about $80 plus shipping, but it was at my door this afternoon 7/30. That is the good news. The bad news, it didn't work. I changed the circuit board and I still get the same thing. Now I think I have an extra board and I am still in the same boat I was in 2 days ago. Anyone else know or have any ideas on what else it might be?

Dan Garrick Jul 24, 2013

I'm glad that this worked for you also Jodi. After as many posts as I have read I was prepared for the worst however when I talked to the person at this number, and his name was Owen, he was most helpful and the process was pain free. In the end I believe that this is actually a Whirlpool site and they own Maytag. You might receive a phone call, as I did, moving your date slightly because Maytag/Whirlpool called the repair company and told them to order certain parts first so they are well aware of the problem. I hope people pay attention to the part of my post regarding the manufacturing of these parts by a contractor/manufacturer that probably builds these boards for everyone. As I stated in that post; as I investigated the HVAC suppliers I found the same gripes for every manufacturer and found that parts are made by common suppliers however the most important thing to watch for in that case is your installers as they are the ones that cause the problems due to improper installation. I know that I was upset about the refrigerator to but know I thoroughly investigate everything. Places like the Complaint Board and the Fixya site are so helpful to so many people and I thank them also.

jodi freiberger Jul 24, 2013

I first got on to make major complaints regarding Maytag and my Ice2O Bottom freezer. My control panel went bonkers blinking and the ice dispenser clicking. I called the 800 number in my manual and they scheduled an appointment for two weeks from today and I was having to pay. I read a lot of these complaints and got to Dan Garrick's comment from July 22 and called the [protected] that he provided and they scheduled an appointment in two days and are covering the cost. I do not know the difference but the second person was nothing but helpful and apologetic. So Kudos to maytag for taking care of this situation. Thanks Dan for the advice.

Dan Garrick Jul 22, 2013

Well I'm back and with positive things to say about Maytag and the way they handled my problem. I went to the FixYa site and found the same issues on these control panels. I also found this number, [protected], and called them and in no time they told me that they would come out and fix the issue free of charge. Scheduled for this Wednesday. I had also gone to sites to check on this kind of problem with all the other makes and it's the same everywhere. I see the same anger in everyone's comments and I can't blame them after paying out so much for an appliance that we rely on but I can't really blame the manufacturer either as it is a common problem. Every make I investigated has this same issue and from what I've found it appears that it goes back to the way that these control boards are manufactured. The circuits are laid out with robotics and then the board is heated somehow to solder the connections. I imagine that the same companies make control boards for all of the refrigerator manufacturers. In my recent explorations to buy a new central HVAC system as I looked up complaints about the manufacturers I found the same kind of central issues that went back to certain parts made by a common providers. It seems that the more complicated features become the more problems that follow.

Dan Garrick Jul 22, 2013

I guess that I'm another one of the hundreds, possibly thousands, with this problem. I bought my Maytag refrigerator, model # MFI2568AEQ, in 2007 and within a month the icemaker had to be replaced. I guess that I'm lucky in some ways that I have gotten this far without having the problem with the flapper and lights however I can no longer say that as it has now started. It started about a week ago doing it sporadically but now it is happening more and more often and sounds like it will be constant shortly. I have had numerous other irritating problems though such as the freezer handle constantly coming loose, ball bearings falling out of the freezer door and tray glides & plastic interior parts breaking. I read about all of these problems from hundreds of people and wonder how a company like Maytag can ignore so many of their consumers. From the sounds of it this has been the same ongoing problem for years and apparently they have made no valid attempt to correct it. I will certainly stay away from any of their products in the future and will warn every person that I see about Maytag's issues and lack of customer support. It's also hard to believe that something hadn't been done about this long ago. I am all in favor of a class action suit so any company that puts this kind of product on the market, knowing that it has been a problem, but fails to react or correct it, pays for it. You would think that in this day and age, with social media being what it is, that they would pay attention and correct these issues as now we can all tell the world and warn each other. I will be calling Maytag today to see what kind of response I get. Better not be "We haven't heard of this kind of problem before". Will let you know what happens.

• Ek
    Ekmele Jul 02, 2013

I am also having the EXACT same problem...contacted Maytag and they were SO rude! Refused to do anything! Now What? :(

• Vw
    VWH Jun 23, 2013

No noises...just no ice; and mine is about a year old out of warranty...Sad how Maytag used to be the gold standard in cold. Now it's a clod. It was taken over by a non-American owner a few years ago, and the quality is no longer American built. My freezer has the tiny pinhole drain that constantly blocks so there's always ice in the bottom that has to be removed. Tried defrosting for 6 hours to unblock the drain, as others have suggested...but actually getting to the pinhole drain is close to impossible, since it's in the interior of the freezer box, way to the back, behind a service panel that has to be unscrewed and detached from a service panel first. Last time I buy a Maytag.