Having problems with Lennar?

+1 305 229 6400 (Head Office)
+1 800 509 4979 (AZ, CA, NV, OR, WA & CO)
+1 410 423 0407 (Delaware & Maryland)
+1 305 229 6447 (Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach & Miami, FL)
+1 904 380 0818 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 800 698 1929 (Melbourne, Tampa & Orlando / Winter Haven / Clermont, FL)
+1 866 226 4057 (Naples / Ft. Myers & Sarasota / Manatee, FL)
+1 770 670 2770 (Georgia)
+1 952 249 3000 (Illinois & Minnesota)
+1 877 536 6274 (New Jersey)
+1 704 542 8300 (Charlotte & Greenville, South Carolina)
+1 919 337 9444 (Raleigh, North Carolina)
+1 843 266 4464 (Charleston & Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
+1 615 465 4333 (Nashville, Tennessee)
+1 512 418 0258 (Austin, Texas)
+1 469 587 5308 (Dallas / Ft.Worth, Texas)
+1 281 874 8521 (Houston Area, North, Texas)
+1 281 874 8468 (Houston Area Northwest, Texas)
+1 281 874 2953 (Houston Area South, Texas)
+1 210 403 6200 (San Antonio & South Texas, Texas)
+1 877 566 0437 (Northern Virginia / DC Area, Virginia)
+1 757 603 4697 (Williamsburg, Virginia)
700 NW 107th Ave.
Miami, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

'Smart' fence and backyard

So I bought my house in 2010, and at first I was confused as to why they built my foundation so high...I mean...

Giving misleading info and bad customer service

We purchased a new house to be built in Cinco Ranch Northwest 55" lot, Katy Texas with Ryland homes last...

Garbage Homes

We purchased this brand new home 2 years ago (2010) and paid cash for it. Then we started finding all that...

Poor Construction, Defects, Defects, and more Defects

I was a Lennar employee until I was let go after buying what we call “My Lennar Lemon”. In March...

POOR QUALITY/VALUE

I know people who bought homes in a gated community LENNAR developed. Lennar was approved by the city to...

poor quaility

DO NOT BUY A HOME FROM LENNAR!!!
They have poor quaility work and poor warrenties to back them up. i had pipes that cracked, or have busted. i have yard is so screwed up from all the "extras" in it like pieces of siding, rocks beyond rocks. u cant even plant anything without spending $ on top soil. Then they screw u by saying well nothing is covered under warrenty. its there way of saying we arent paying for our poor quaility home they "threw up" in less then 4 weeks. TRUST ME they will give you more headaches then what it is worth. there homes arent worth anything at all!uy from ryan's homes i heard they r ten times better then lennar anyday!!!

• Bill Kearney Jan 11, 2012

Contact me at: [email protected]
    MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
    - Margaret Mead

Trash Build-Up & Trespassing

We have had trash thrown in our yard almost everyday since the construction workers started building the houses on our street. Not only us, but the rest of the people who live on the same street are experiencing the same problems. I understand there's wind that may blow trash around, but if it's going to get this bad, get a dumpster with a LID so it keeps everything inside! How hard is it? And this trash is not only construction trash. We've found tortilla bags, chip bags, napkins, foil, grocery bags, empty ice bags, etc. ALL in our front yard AND fenced backyard! We've even found huge ROCKS in our backyard and they can be a hazard to our dogs! We've called and complained 3 times already and per the "supervisor", they would send someone out everyday to pick up the leftover trash. Has it been done? Not once! I've seen no change! Their customer service is terrible and I will advise anyone who is trying to buy a home, NOT TO BUY A LENNAR HOME! I've also seen how cheap of items they use to build their homes. I'm not a home expert, but you can tell when things are cheap. My neighbor makes a living repairing homes, apartments, etc. and he knows a lot of good quality items to use, and he says Lennar is ripping people off. Now, not only did I have the problem with their trash, but I've actually seen with my own 2 eyes, the construction builders trespassing onto residential homes on the same street, and getting water from the side of their house! How ridiculous is that! First of all, if you're thirsty, you come prepared. If you run out of water, the water is working on the house you just built, so get water from there, NOT from other people's homes! We have not seen them get water from our house, BUT we did a test and put a hose adapter where water can come out 2 ways. We made sure the switches were to where water could not pass if you turned the water spout on. We checked when we came home from work, and noticed one of the switches was turned. And these switches are not easy to turn. We also noticed some of our driveway was wet. And it hadn't rained here in Texas for a good 2 months! And there was sure no rain in the forecast! We called and complained and they only apologized, but did not seem like they were going to do anything about it. I am furious about these situations and if we have to make another phone call, I am taking this to the corporate office. Lennar has very poor, unsatisfying customer service, and their homes are poor quality homes. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Bad Business & Horrible Experience As A Homeowner

Homeowners Counseling has brought me to the point of crying. Mark Mairone refuses to give me a money back and...

Liars

Recently we brought complaints about business practices and construction defects to Lennar. At a court-appointed mediation session, after spending the day in negotiations, Lennar offered a settlement that we accepted. However Lennar rescinded and retracted the offer, reneging on that agreement, forcing the decision to go back into the court system. This is just one example of Lennar's untrustworthiness and lack of integrity.

However, the most dramatic example of their trends of abusing consumer trust occurred when we were first purchasing the home. The land behind our home was undeveloped. We asked the sales representatives what was going to be developed there and the answer was that it was zoned for residential or light retail. This understanding was a strong point in our decision to purchase the home. Soon after we moved into the home, though, a gas drilling company erected a derrick close behind our house. If we had known there would be drilling rigs so close, we would never have agreed to purchase the home. Our follow-up investigations showed that Lennar, beyond simply being aware of the drilling, were the owners of the land being drilled---they were the ones profiting from the drilling they hid from us. As a defense against consumers, Lennar dropped two small paragraphs into the reams of paper they made us sign at closing. One "clarified" that gas drilling was taking place in Tarrant County, and that our subdivision was in the affected "area" of the county. The other paragraph asserted that Lennar company would not be held responsible for anything their sales people had said. Lennar's unwillingness to even stand with integrity alongside their own employees should have been a warning signal.

Going even farther back in our interactions with the company, the first deceptive practices that Lennar inflicted on our family occurred even before the home was completed. They built a structure with dozens of flaws and problems. For example, the shingles on the roof were immediately out-of-warranty b/c they were secured incorrectly. Lennar then slapped a coat of paint on the building and charged us full prices for it. After we first walked through the home---the first home we've ever purchased---Lennar offered a mild discount if we would close on the home immediately, effectively closing the window for us to locate, hire, and get results from an inspector. Such cut-throat practices are the norm for Lennar.

From start to finish, the Lennar company has shown an untrustworthy and callous attitude. The claims in their advertising about "caring" or "quality" are nauseating lies. Hopefully other consumers will not fall victim to their deceptions. If you hear of someone thinking about doing business with Lennar, please warn them.

leaking shower

We bought a new Lennar home back in Sept 2004, the house looked nice when we arrived in the USA after a 9hr flight from the UK but within a few months of owning the house things started to go badly wrong..both upstairs showers had very bad water leaks which ruined the ceilings downstairs and within a few months we discovered other homeowners in the same street had the same problem. We now have 4 neighbors who have the same problems. Lennar will take your money but will not fix the problems and will not stand behind its so called" good name"...we are very disappointed and will stay away from the Lennar products and advice other friends not to purchase. Photos are available when Lennar show interest!

• Ka
    Kay Howard Mar 03, 2011

Phil, Can you please let us know your last name and location and we would be happy to follow up with you. It appears you are in Davenport, FL - but I just want to confirm. If you could send me an email at [email protected] that would be greatly appreciated.

Kay Howard
    Director of Communications
    Lennar Corporation

Stay away

Buyer Be Aware: Valley Brook Subdivision Fort Worth Texas. Lennar and KB Homes are building in same subdivision driving our home prices down. KB Homes are not the quality of Lennar. They are prefab Homes because they deliver the walls and trusses(2 X 4) constructed. Behind the bathroom/shower/tub tiles they use green drywall board should use concrete board like most quality builders. This is my second Lennar Home I have purchased. First was in the Houston area. We moved here expecting the same quality and customer care which we receive but they shouild be building with the same quality builders.

Chinese Drywall killed my dogs

In March of 2008, my sister and I moved into a 4 bedroom townhome that she purchased. It was just us and our...

Has complete disregard for well being of neighbors

• Sc
    Screwed by Lennar Jun 09, 2011

This has been the most terribly finished house of the five we have owned across the country. If you want to live in a Nazi like environment, join the Lennar HOA. You get violation notices for parking your registered car on the street, if your grass is over four inches tall (a joke since everything they plant dies in a month), if you have a sports sign near your house. Take my word for it, these Nazi a###les will make your life miserable. The next sign on my house will be For Sale, although that is also a finable offense.

Save your money, buy from a reputable builder!

• Bill Kearney Jan 11, 2012

Contact me at: [email protected]
    MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
    - Margaret Mead

• Bi
    BigBrother4Defects Aug 12, 2012

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LENNAR STORY.
    Please send me your story:
    [email protected]
    MyLennarLemon.org
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws" - Plato 427-347 BD

Lennar Customer Service is a joke

While in the process of removing the landscape and sidewalk in the front yard, Lennar crew tore up part of my front yard and damaged my Christmas decorations. After arriving home late the day in which I assumed the damage occured since I hadn't noticed the hole before, I inadvertantly stepped into the hole and twisted my ankle pretty badly. I contacted Lennar after 10 days because my anle was not feeling any better, Mr James Perry, the Corporate Customer Care Manager in General Counsels's office, told me I was an incompetant fool for not seeing the hole and I needed to handle the issue myself. When I also advised him of the damage to my Christmas decorations in which I had firm evidence that the construction crew caused the damage, he stated that I should call 911 immdeiatley. Really? Call 911? Why on earth would someone call 911 over some vandalism? Really makes me wonder what goes on over there.

Horrible customer service

I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining into mine. It wouldn't be as bad if they wouldn't operate their sprinklers three - four times per day. They run the sprinklers so hard and frequently, there will be 3-4 inches of running water in the street and between the houses. The standing surface water that is caused by this then causes problems of mosquitos and frogs among many other pests. I've made numerous contact attempts with absolutely zero assistance. During a conversation with one of their executive service representatives by the name of James Perry, that had called me back regarding a certified letter that I had sent, stated that my case is not actionable and that I should go ahead and pursue further action. The BBB scored Lennar a big fat "F" in their ability to handle customer complaints. No wonder. They make zero effort to fix anything. I may just camp out side their model home discouraging their potential customers.

James Perry Lennar Nov 30, 2010

I've read all over the web and found hundreds of complaints just like this one. Actually, most of them are worse. Lennar is a joke of a company. I too noticed that Lennar had a rating of "F" by the BBB a few weeks ago, they must have been working on cleaning up their act because all of a sudden it's a "B." Go figure.

Scam

I purchased a Lennar home three years ago and have "no" heat in the back bedroom over the garage. I have had the Lennar Rep. and Falcon Heating Rep. come in to determine the problem. Lennar says that the Chase has a flaw in the venting system for that room.

The two representatives told me that they were aware of this and would correct the problem. They told me that Falcon Heating would be contacting me in the next two weeks to schedule a time. Well, Falcon never called. So I called Falcon in July to arrange a time for them to come out. Falcon's rep., told me that they were not scheduling my problem until October when the heat could be turned on and checked. No call from Falcon. I called them again and was given the 19th as the date.

Today, Falcon's Rep. called me to say that he had a team in my subdivision right then and wanted to come over. The team comes in and says there was "nothing" wrong and leaves. I call Falcon's rep and tell him that his rep had said that there was a flaw and they were going to correct it. He told me that my house was fine and they were not going to do anything. So, I have a room that gets "no" heat in the winter and Lennar doesn't care or stand up to their word. I cannot reach anyone at Lennar! Beware of a Lennar Home!!!

Major issues

I live in a Ryland condominium building. It was built in 2005 and has had major water issues since it wa...

Misrepresented Energy Star and Comfort Wise

When any company represents by documents and statements that the home you are purchasing is "Energy Star" Certified and "Comfort Wise, " you believe it to be a fact. Lennar also stated Everything's Included. It's not and it's not!! We have spent five miserable summers in our Las Vegas home with no response from Lennar, other than another appointment to conduct another air-flow test. Lennar is aware that our plan, the "3677" has

HVAC issues, as per a letter from them in 2006 but Lennar continues to build this "Sapphire" plan causing heartache and nightmares for purchasers.

No response

We closed on our Lennar "Comfort Wise" and "Energy Star Certified" home in May of 2006. Lennar should not use these terms when offering their product for sale. There are approximately 120 homes in Las Vegas with my same floor plan. There are complaints in every state where Lennar builds regarding their shoddy workmanship...from the foundation to the roof. Buyers Beware. We used our retirement savings for this final home and now we can't sell it, refinance it or modify the mortgage because of the construction defects. No one at Lennar responds. They think I'll go away.

• 37
    3746 Bach Sep 04, 2018

My husband and I just closed a month ago on our home in N. Las Vegas. Our walk-through was less than exciting finding paint splatter on the shower walls in all 3 bathrooms, the cut lines looked as though a child had done them (all crooked and wavy in every room), lock plates crooked on multiple doors, door sweep missing from back door, blinds crooked, paint and/or tape on almost every hinge in the house, cracks in the granite counter top, granite slab for island sitting on spacers because it wasn't level, yet no one thought to put a trim around it so that you couldn't see the spacers, carpet not tacked well so that is was coming up in areas, parts of some walls that hadn't been painted, etc. We were contacted by a customer care rep, Cristina Cuellar about coming to see the issues were having. she met with my husband and he said she belittled everything and when he asked about getting someone to come install the door sweep, she told him to "just put a towel in the gap until we get to it." She would schedule things and not inform us of changes, we submitted a list of the things we'd found wrong (mind you, a Lennar rep made a list as we did our walk-through) and yet anytime we asked about something, she'd act as though she was hearing about it for the first time. When my husband tried to point something out to her, she told him to "check his attitude." When I met with her, she tried to correct me on something that was on the list I, myself had written for her. We have had other people from Lennar tell us that she is saying one thing to us and something totally different to her bosses.
    The construction crews walk all up, in and through our yard instead of using the sidewalk. I mean they are right up on our house so much so that our security camera had a close up of their faces. They would park often partially blocking our driveway and the trash was horrendous!!!
    Everytime I go look around the house at things, I find something new. Its maddening.

• Ca
    Carolynjean Oct 10, 2018

Hi, I know you dont know me but you're in possibly the same place I live and I'd love to talk with you and discuss the situation here. Cristina Cuellar is my "customer service" person too. Please send me an email [email protected] I really need someone else to talk to about this because I have no family here or anyone to talk to, I moved from Chicago. PLEASE email me

Fraud

Just seeking thoughts...During the Housing Boom in order for Ryland to increase the base price of their housing, they worked with outside brokers/realtors and appraisers to over inflate the true value of the home. They would use faux (straw buyers) who appear to be legitimate buyers and then allowed these initial buyers to list the properties 7 to 8 weeks out from construction completion to unsuspecting families and resell the same home at over inflated values from $52K to $150K in back to back closings. This under the table cash was most families cash down payment which was taken from the conspirators in these instances as payoffs while allowing Ryland Homes the justification to increase base pricing of of the homes and homesites still available. This practice was widespread. In essence, the day you walked away from your closing, you were underwater. These actions by industry professionals is what highly contributed to the turmoil in the housing market crash we are experiencing today. Everyone bought into integrity and trust but instead got raped. This business practice has placed families with a double hit to the housing crash. If you were $100K under last year - families who purchased under this tactic were at least twice that under water at the time time period. The sad thing is no one realizes that this was happening or that this did in fact occur. Are you someone who is affected by this practice?

jay truth Feb 21, 2015

Yes we agree and see what Ryland homes did and are doing with pricing games. Lie, Cheat and steal to make a lousy buck so low so sad but glad for the internet keep people informed on the truth about Ryland home cons. If they would be honest they could make great money why not win win?