Having problems with Lennar?

Lennar reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 19, 2007. The latest review Unethical polices and practices - Buyer beware - you have no say in home purchase process or closing date. was posted on Mar 8, 2021. The latest complaint air condition to small for unit was resolved on Aug 31, 2014. Lennar has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 115 reviews. Lennar has resolved 30 complaints.

Lennar Customer Service Contacts

+1 305 229 6400 (Head Office)
+1 800 509 4979 (AZ, CA, NV, OR, WA & CO)
+1 410 423 0407 (Delaware & Maryland)
+1 305 229 6447 (Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach & Miami, FL)
+1 904 380 0818 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 800 698 1929 (Melbourne, Tampa & Orlando / Winter Haven / Clermont, FL)
+1 866 226 4057 (Naples / Ft. Myers & Sarasota / Manatee, FL)
+1 770 670 2770 (Georgia)
+1 952 249 3000 (Illinois & Minnesota)
+1 877 536 6274 (New Jersey)
+1 704 542 8300 (Charlotte & Greenville, South Carolina)
+1 919 337 9444 (Raleigh, North Carolina)
+1 843 266 4464 (Charleston & Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
+1 615 465 4333 (Nashville, Tennessee)
+1 512 418 0258 (Austin, Texas)
+1 469 587 5308 (Dallas / Ft.Worth, Texas)
+1 281 874 8521 (Houston Area, North, Texas)
+1 281 874 8468 (Houston Area Northwest, Texas)
+1 281 874 2953 (Houston Area South, Texas)
+1 210 403 6200 (San Antonio & South Texas, Texas)
+1 877 566 0437 (Northern Virginia / DC Area, Virginia)
+1 757 603 4697 (Williamsburg, Virginia)
700 NW 107th Ave.
Miami, Florida

Lennar Complaints & Reviews

Lennar Home Builders — 4 year old home

In November of 2005, we were negotiating to purchase a new home from Lennar's Parkers Place Subdivision...

Lennar/ Home BuilderCustomer Care Does Not Care

Buyer Beware!! When it comes to buying a home from Lennar be very careful. If you are unlucky enough to have warranty issues good luck getting things resolved. The company does not care after they take your money. They need to find blame when you have a problem. Someone else to foot the bill. If they can't find fault with anyone but themselves they will not fix the problem. Bad company when it comes to warranty!!!

Lennar Homes — Scam artists

I bought Lennar's home and it was closed November 23, 2005. We had a number of warranty issues with thi...

Lennar HomesAwful company

The home is very poorly built. I have made a complaint to the BBB, here and Houston. My sinks in the master bedroom and the upstairs bath room are cracking. The lock on my front is not work well. It is cold in the master bath room and closet. When a certain spot is stepped on, it sounds like the person is going to come down. I am at a lost as to what to do.

My daugther and I purchased this home, to have a safe place for her three girls to live. The home is a disappointment to us. We are in a position that we can not afford to move.

• Bill Kearney Jan 11, 2012

Contact me at: [email protected]
        MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
        - Margaret Mead

• To
        Tommy Tucker Oct 27, 2010

HOPING FOR JUSTICE, let me just say "Ditto."
        I believe in Karma too and that karma truck is backing up at their door as we speak.
        This company's founding principles is based on caring for their customers. Lennar does not care about my problem which is faulty design of the HVAC system. I've been asking Lennar to help us since 2006 and have not received a response. Our litigation has now produced a court date for January, 2011.
        There is another site called Pissed [email protected] There are so many negative posts on that site. I posted 23 pictures of our Las Vegas home. I have issues with our stucco application, unsafe stair rails, shoddy constructin throughout and inadequate HVAC. I wish you good luck and good karma. You are not alone hoping for justice.

• Ho
        Hoping for justice Oct 17, 2009

Our master bath vanity top cracked also. They replaced it with one that didn't match the original. They would not fix the problem! Now we have two diferent vanity tops in our new home. Hate this company... If there is such a thing as karma it will come back to them some day.

Lennar Homes — Keeping Escrow Monies

Be very aware of Lennar Homes!!! First, they pre-approved me for a loan and told me that it would be easy to...

Lennar Homespoor construction, poor service

Purchased a home through Lennar in a new home community in early 2008. Though could be related to timing of construction, we were informed that our settlement would be 3 weeks later than originally scheduled date with a two day warning - resulting in coercing current landlord to let us reside in apartment a month longer. At walk through of new home a list of concerns were provided, though only half of issues were resolved by move-in date. Since there is a one year warranty on the home, we had a 60 day walk-through prior to our one year walk-through to help correct any concerns. We were never contacted for 60 day walk-through, nor were our neighbors. When we presented this concern, the new home reps accused us of not following policy and submitted a consumer survey & list, though we were never directed to. Most of us continue to wait, over 7 months later, for initial construction concerns from settlement to be resolved. Directions on how to access mail, arrange utilities for a home with new construction, info on homeowners association, and a list of contracted builders for home were unclear or not addressed by Lennar staff. Be weary of working with this company!

• Tr
          truthindfw Sep 18, 2009

If YOU didn't close when they told you to Lennar would have penalized you!
          The take away incentives, cancel contracts, etc when a home buyer has a problem.

Lennar — Terrible company

My wife and I began searching in Lakeland, Florida for a new home when a job change forced us to move. On the...

Lennar Terrible quality service

Lennar's no-questions-asked, no-SSN labor installed HVAC vents five feet off the floor, put a security keypad directly on top of a light switch, couldn't get the counter/cabinet assembly plumb, and botched nearly every corner's molding (at ceilings) or quarter-round (on floors). We got lucky and managed to get them to fix most of those.

Of course, that was BEFORE they got our money. Three windows were installed off of square and cracked from the strain; they refused to fix them, saying it could have been something hitting them, despite the fact that all three cracks began in corners and extended inward. A crack opened up in the counter - after the warranty expired, of course - at which time we found that rather than re-doing the cabinet/countertop, they had just wedged some shims between it and the wall.

Ten months after we moved in, the rainy season here in south Texas began and we learned that a huge patch of our back yard turns into a mosquito breeding pool because of improper drainage. After we called them repeatedly, they came out, dug, put in a few square yards of sod, and told my wife she had to sign off on the work order before they could finish. She did, and we never saw them again. They now refuse to do anything, saying that they've completed the repair.

A few months after we bought the house, we found a leak in the garage. This started out well - they sent somebody out who fixed the leak and cut out and replaced the damaged wall. Unfortunately, "fixing" the leak involved smearing caulk or something on it and hoping it held. We found water damage in exactly the same spot last month, and I went up to the roof and found out that the ridiculous repair job had failed; the caulking had cracked and the leak had opened up again. They're refusing to fix it because it is now out of warranty - apparently, if they pretend to fix it once, they never want to hear about it again.

The guy who deals with this stuff is condescending and rude, and takes three days to even acknowledge communication. I'm done trying to deal with him. If I can't find somebody at the company who will actually take responsibility for their work, we'll see what the BBB and Texas Residential Construction Commission have to say.

Lennar Homes — Shoddy Construction

I closed on my new Lennar Townhome on 2/23/08. Agreed that a walk through was done prior to closing on the...

Lennar HomesPrejudice

Rented townhouse from an owner of a newly built townhome subdivision built by Lennar Homes. Received called from landlord several days ago about Lennar Homes refusing to do any more business with him until landlord got rid of several owners/renters (as landlord owns several properities in subdivision) for various reasons, even though owners/renters have 12 months leases already in play. After speaking with other owners that are being evicted they are all minorities. One other renter whose being evicted states that she is being asked to leave because Lennar homes does not want the owner to rent to section 8 renters. Reason given for wanting me evicted is because Lennar states there have been 6 complaints from other owners in subdivison about too many people living here and complaints about the music coming from home is violating the noise ordinance. However, there are no townhomes attached to my home except the office to the subdivision. And that there are only me and my 3 children living in my home. I do, however, have a few visitors in my home currently due to a death in the family. I am not on section 8, so I feel that something had to conjured up to find a way to evict me. A lawyer has been contacted. I feel this is a direct attempt to out renters who are minorities.

• Di
              DiddlyDoo Jun 08, 2013

As of 2013, Lennar Homes (www.lennar.com) is secretly repairing failing roofing and/or landscaping mistakes which create flooding/pooling of water which they left behind in the aftermath of completing new development at POTOMAC MARK PLACE and ROANOKE SPRINGS DRIVE in Ruskin Florida 33570.

The only way to have them repair the roofing tiles and/or correct landscaping to properly flow/channel rain water AWAY from one's home is to have a LAWYER send them a letter requesting it.

Homeowner's in this neighborhood were required to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT with Lennar Homes, in return to having the rework completed at no charge, despite the fact that Lennar Homes screwed up in the first place.

What's truly sad is that the window of opportunity (warranty) on the majority of these homes is nearing expiration. Homeowners have a right to know and have the shoddy work by Lennar Homes repaired asap.

• Bill Kearney Jan 11, 2012

Contact me at: [email protected]
              MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
              - Margaret Mead

• Di
              disappointed renter Sep 20, 2008

And no I wasn't given any information about any of these 6 complaints before this contact from my landlord.

Lennar Homes — Poor construction and warranty policy

We purchased a home that is just over 4 years old built by Patriot/Lennar Home Builders. Three wks. ago 4...

Lennar Sold me an unsafe poorly constructed home

I live in a beautiful gated golf course community in Williamsburg Virginia. I purchased my home from lennar and financed it through their finance company.

From the beginning I was overcharged for my home but I had no where to go. Since 2006 I have had floods, I replaced all appliances that never worked.

I have replaced toilets, my master bath have been ripped out and replaced. The electrical wiring was revamp. I still can't run two toilets in my home. In November of 2007 thanksgiving eve my family and I had to flee my home because of a gas leak. I was physically abused by a contractor who took 7, 000 dollars from me and did not finish work on my home.

(the case went to court) I am broke and mentally destroyed. I rented an apartment at 622.00 a month for almost two years. I recently purchased a condo in January 2008. I have an e-mail from lennar promising to fix my suv where the garage door came down and damaged it lennar fixed the door please somebody out there help me please.

• Li
                liberty1776 Jul 31, 2014

"please somebody out there help me please"

You need to hire an attorney. Posting this on theis website will not assist you, only warn others.

Lennar They don't honour warranty

Lennar *** and does not honour there home warranties.

Received a letter today 06/14/2008 regarding the air conditioning vibrating and humming noise we hear every time we cut the A/C on. The letter states that the customer care rep has requested that the letter be sent to us. It goes on to say that it is Lennar's understanding that all warranty work has been completed at our home. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! We are continuing to have the same A/C problem. Nothing has been solved. On the second page of the letter it goes on to say Mr. Patrick Brock came out and we refuse to sign the paper work...of course the problem stills persist. I spoke with Kera after this gentlemen left our house and informed her the problem still persist. She said she would follow up and call me back. As usual we never hear back from anyone! I also called Kera and left a message about the problem since I had not heard back from her regarding the problem. Guess what happened...NO RETURN PHONE CALL!!! Me and my wife have had this issue since we moved in to our new house, several people have been out and the problem still persist. If lennar has no intentions on fixing problem, Kera could have called and said lennar will not honour the warranty and then we could have moved on to the next level. Instead we continue to receive horrible service from Lennar. We would still like to have this problem fixed. I have paid Fox to come check the system and they suggested replacing the unit because there is a problem. Please have someone contact us letting us know your intentions on solving the issue with our A/C unit.

Lennar No contact with me

In my fist visit to Lanner people was friendly and help me with all my question, and he look very interesting to sale the homes to me, after I sing the contract they insist in my 1000.00 dollars payment to secure the home I will pusher . The Lanner manager was helping me the first time, because the person supposes to work there was sick. But he give me her phone number and name, if I have any question she can’t help me, went I try to contact her she talk me that she have no idea about me and that she don’t have any answer because I don’t do business with her. I try to contact them to know if I have any result in my loan but no one answer there phone or try to contact me I leave voice mail and email, I don’t have any answer jet. I suppose have to move in the next 23 and for that day I have to sale my mobile home. So I can move but at today I don’t know anything about the house. I am pissed with this people.

Lennar Homes — Disappointing story!

Lennar homes: I purchased a home my closing date was Aug 28 2006 In October the door bell rang and i wa...