Having problems with Lennar?

Lennar reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 19, 2007. The latest review Unethical polices and practices - Buyer beware - you have no say in home purchase process or closing date. was posted on Mar 8, 2021. The latest complaint air condition to small for unit was resolved on Aug 31, 2014. Lennar has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 115 reviews. Lennar has resolved 30 complaints.

Lennar Customer Service Contacts

+1 305 229 6400 (Head Office)
+1 800 509 4979 (AZ, CA, NV, OR, WA & CO)
+1 410 423 0407 (Delaware & Maryland)
+1 305 229 6447 (Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach & Miami, FL)
+1 904 380 0818 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 800 698 1929 (Melbourne, Tampa & Orlando / Winter Haven / Clermont, FL)
+1 866 226 4057 (Naples / Ft. Myers & Sarasota / Manatee, FL)
+1 770 670 2770 (Georgia)
+1 952 249 3000 (Illinois & Minnesota)
+1 877 536 6274 (New Jersey)
+1 704 542 8300 (Charlotte & Greenville, South Carolina)
+1 919 337 9444 (Raleigh, North Carolina)
+1 843 266 4464 (Charleston & Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
+1 615 465 4333 (Nashville, Tennessee)
+1 512 418 0258 (Austin, Texas)
+1 469 587 5308 (Dallas / Ft.Worth, Texas)
+1 281 874 8521 (Houston Area, North, Texas)
+1 281 874 8468 (Houston Area Northwest, Texas)
+1 281 874 2953 (Houston Area South, Texas)
+1 210 403 6200 (San Antonio & South Texas, Texas)
+1 877 566 0437 (Northern Virginia / DC Area, Virginia)
+1 757 603 4697 (Williamsburg, Virginia)
700 NW 107th Ave.
Miami, Florida

Lennar Complaints & Reviews

Lennar Corporationlennar installed my gutter and my neighbors gutter on my roof after inspection!!! I am responsible for my roof!!!

I first noticed this when my neighbor pointed out that his gutter was on my roof. Upon inspection, and I have the pictures to prove it, there were no gutters installed on my roof. Consequently, the gutters were installed after inspection. The code states that the gutters should not be touching the foundation. I have put in a request for it to be removed and re-routed. I also asked for my neighbors to be taken off of my roof. Since I am responsible for the roof this seems reasonable. Since the roof is encountering more ware and tare with the neigbors gutter on my roof and the water from my own gutter on the roof it seems logical to re-route. I have notified Lennar many times. I saw the men over my house to fix it, and then I was told that they were coming back and they never did come back. It's been about four weeks since I filed this. No one has addressed this. My customer service rep. never got back to me to tell me when they are coming. The ticket remains open.

J A Sep 28, 2019

To enter an update to the gutter issue dispersing on my roof. I was assured by the head of customer care that this problem would be resolved. He spent some time talking to me recently. He agreed that code states that the gutters should not disperse on the foundation, however, not every municipality is regulated and has to adhere to the code. In my case, some home owners in another building did not like the way the gutters looked, and since my city does is not regulated by the code, the gutter company honored their request to put them on the roof. Apparently the gutter company made this the norm. instead of the exception for all new houses built. I was assured that they would move my gutter and my neighbors gutter off of my roof. I was also told that it is the Norm. for the gutters to be installed last after walkthrough and inspection which I DO NOT agree with. I will update when the resolution takes place. Original comment below:

I first noticed this when my neighbor pointed out that his gutter was on my roof. Upon inspection, and I have the pictures to prove it, there were no gutters installed on my roof. Consequently, the gutters were installed after inspection. The code states that the gutters should not be dispersing on the foundation. I have put in a request for it to be removed and re-routed. I also asked for my neighbors to be taken off of my roof. Since I am responsible for the roof this seems reasonable. Since the roof is encountering more ware and tare with the neigbors gutter on my roof and the water from my own gutter on the roof it seems logical to re-route. I have notified Lennar many times. I saw the men over my house to fix it, and then I was told that they were coming back and they never did come back. It's been about four weeks since I filed this. No one has addressed this. My customer service rep. never got back to me to tell me when they are coming. The ticket remains open.

Sep 19, 2019

Lennar Corporation — condition of house

We have been in our home for just 7 years now. In the first year of being in the home, we let lennar know...

Lennar Corporationunethical behaviour and business practices

Around October 2018, my husband and I started our house buying process with Lennar and it was agreed upon that we needed to do some credit repair and were willing to do whatever we needed to do to own our first home. Upon starting this process we were rushed into and made to pay our earnest funds of $2000.00 immediately even after explaining to the representative that it would take us some time with the credit repair especially since they were rushing us to get the earnest money funds right away. Now instead of them waiting for us to finish our credit repair, unbeknown to us, they began to build next thing we know we were picking out tiles, floors, door and etc. I believe all this was done to get us emotionally invested into the home. Long story short after all we have done and been through, we were down to our last item that we had to take care of on our credit repair list and were told that Lennar would not be able to finance us and the contract was canceled and our home was sold. Then if that was not enough, our case was handed off to two other mortgage lenders and given the impossible task to finish the process of getting approved for a mortgage in less than 30 days. Now in order to keep us under their wing, they want us to sign papers stating that we will buy a house from them within a year or we will not receive our hard earned money that we put down for the earnest funds. After all that we have been through and after all they have put us through with this house buying process, I can't fathom what made them think that we would still like to do business with them! I sent a formal request for them to return our money but have been completely ignored, so my next steps are to report to the better business bureau, an attorney, the local news and whoever else I have to, in order to get the word out that these types of business practices will not be accepted.

• Co
        Constance Serrano Aug 27, 2019

Hi Kenyatta,

I am so sorry you are experiencing what so many hard-working individuals are experiencing. Lennar Homes has set up a money making deposit scheme. It's a shame that a very lucrative, American Builder, has done this. True American Greed! Please send me the following via email: The address of the home you were buying, denial letter from the mortgage company, and the release and cancellation form from Lennar Homes. Please do not sign the release and cancellation form as it is one-sided; if you sign you will give them authorization to keep your money. Their contracts are not created with YOU the buyer in mind. However, that is why laws are in place to protect consumers from unethical companies such as Lennar Homes.

Everyone! The first process in getting your money back is sending them a Demand Letter. Afterwards, if they continue to insist that they are keeping your deposit money, the class action lawsuit will be pursued. First, write your demand letter. If you need assistance, please email me at conci serrano @ gmail . com

I am "The People's Paralegal"

• Ka
        Karli1432 Aug 23, 2019

There are thousands who cannot get their deposit back. We are fighting for our $21, 000.00 deposit. There is a movement of those ripped off by Lennar who are joining forces and filing class action lawsuit against these crooks.

See thread titled " Lennar - Refund Of My Deposit" to learn how to join.

here is the link:

Lennar — refund of my deposit

Jul 25, 2019

Lennar Corporation — new home construction

I moved into a new Lennar home in the Raleigh/Durham area in May, 2019 (specifically Holly Springs). It was a...

Lennar Corporation1.5 yrs old home with roof leaking due to poor installation

My home is only 1.5 years old (new build) purchased directly from Lennar Home Builders. I month ago when we had severe rain and storm, I started seeing issues of water mark/mold in the bedroom closed, which later I found (after calling several roof inspectors)the roof was causing a leak.

The issue:
      • The inspection identified that there appears to be an installation issue (during build) at the edge of roof at the location of the leak. The flashing/shingle system is not working properly which has allowed for water to penetrate at this juncture where the roof has two levels based on its design.
      • Adding herein the thermal images that Inspector took of the inside of the closet, from the celling to the corner wall there is moisture in the wall and ceiling area.

Fix Proposal:
      • The lower valley area on left side of the home will need to have the shingles removed then install storm guard water proofing from the top of the valley down to the fascia
      • Then install new shingles to stop the leak in the bedroom closet.

I made 3 different attempt to contact Lennar Customer Care, with no resolution or response back and now its over 20 days since I made my first complain.

My last attempt before going public, on 7/12/19 I have decided to send a official written complain to Lennar Corp and filing a complain on this board.

Stressed home owner, Ann Pflugerville TX 78660

• Updated by Ann Nadaraja · Jul 30, 2019

Finally I received a call from the Lennar local office rep on 7/25, the rep apologies for the Customer Care not responding to my issue promptly. Lennar has scheduled a roof inspection today 7/30, I hope Lennar can repair my roof and resolve my issue, will post updates again soon. Ann

Ryland Homesfaulty construction - heavy fascia beam on patio fell down with no reason

2 huge fascia beams fell down on the patio without anything that could cause this.
        This happened between June 28-30, . luckily no one was home if someone would have been standing under it would have killed them. The third one is also hanging on but we will take it down as the install seems faulty.
        Inspecting the fallen beams it seems like these beasts - I do not know but they are quite large at least 20+ feet long 3x 2x4's joined together and stuccoed which made them even heavier were 'nailed' yes you read it right, nailed to the beams above causing them to lose grip by time and come crashing down.

This is unbelievable the contractor and others can not believe that these were nailed to the beams with no L brakets or even screws !

Jun 26, 2019

Lennar — contract default

I have recently signed for a home in Oswago with Lennar at the time of signing I have all my financial...

Lennar Corporationdeposit

We are in the process of dealing with lennar and eagle homes. Now a few days before we need to close they send us new forms and want more money. Which was not what was agreed upon a few days ago. I think they are doing this to keep the earnest money we paid. If anyone is doing anything about this company let me know. They want to keep 5k after we confirmed the closing costs

Lennar Corporationcustomer service

I am amazed with how poorly this company treats people, from their sales reps, to their top Management. I had an issue with a sales rep and was going to still purchase the unit (which I'm glad I didn't). I went 3 levels high to try and speak to Senior Mgt. and no one responded. Below you will see my final email to the CEO, which to date has still been ignored. Stay Away, complete bunch unprofessional hacks.

Mr. Beckwitt,

My wife and I had a deal to purchase a condominium at Legacy National in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Our sales representatives name was Joey DeStefano. On Friday, April 5th, I was on the phone with Joey and getting ready to wire the money to secure the property. Concurrently, I had a relative with me, who had just purchased a Lennar home in Champions Gate this past November, who wanted to voice his concern to Joey about his property and was frustrated. My uncle was very calm, there was no profanity or yelling, and Joey, was combative and argumentative. There was nothing in Joey's tone or demeanor that indicated he cared about a customer or the reputation of your company, as he wasn't trying to help find answers to get ir issue resolved. As a person who owns a business and has been in sales for 20 years, the answer should've been, "I'm sorry, would you like me to try and find someone to help you". This is Sales 101.

I got back on the phone and said, "Hi, I'm not sure what happened with his purchase", to which Joey replied, "You don't need to buy this property, I have a ton of people who will". I replied, "I never said that, I'd still like to move forward and send you a wire today", to which Joey reiterated, "like I said, I don't need you to buy this, I have a long line of people who will". I didn't understand why someone in sales would refuse a purchase by someone that wanted to put down a deposit.

At that point, I wasn't going to deal with someone who was trying to bully me and was completely arrogant. Again, there was not a combative, profane-laced conversation. Having a background in sales, I chalked this behavior up to being young and inexperienced. Instead of reacting, I had made the decision that I would give him until close of business Friday to see if he would come to his senses and apologize. We were still prepared at this point to put the deposit down to secure the property if this dialogue would've occurred.

To my disappointment, the phone call never came. I called the corporate office in Ft. Myers and was told to speak with David Myers, Sales Manager. So, on Monday and Tuesday, April 8th and 9th, I left David a simple voicemail asking him to please call me because I had an unfortunate situation happen with one of his sales reps and I felt very disrespected. The return phone call never came.

At this point, I started to take this personal and was glad my uncle warned me about buying a Lennar property. I then was told that David's boss is Darin McMurray, Regional VP, and he would surely care. I left him a voicemail, just as I did for Dave Myers, on April 12 at 3:15 pm. At the time of this email, I still have not received a response, nearly 2 weeks later.

I can't imagine that as CEO of this organization that you would condone this behavior. I've read the numerous reviews of the poor customer service, but rather than going that route, I wanted to give you an opportunity to address this. If there is no answer from you then I'll understand why these individuals treat people the way they do and feel that this is acceptable. I wanted to make sure someone is aware that your employees don't seem to care about providing good customer service, and also that there are a lot of negative reviews about Lennar online. Based on my experience, the negative reviews make sense.

Thanks,

Lennar Corporationdust control, surrounding roads being damaged.

New project approximately Sw 128 ave and 228 Str./ folio # [protected].
              The access that the many dump trucks are using are unimproved roads that are not maintained by Miami-Dade County, but rather are maintained by the surrounding private property owners for many years.
              These roads have had many thousands of dollars invested in them over the last few years and cannot sustain the use of heavy equipment on them.
              No water trucks have been witnessed to control the great amount of dust being created in the area.
              There are other routes to gain access to this property which would stop the destruction of the local roads .
              Thanks, Kevin

• To
                  Tom Rhymestine Apr 09, 2019

An additional complaint for the project at SW 226 St and between SW 128 Ave and 129 Ave in Miami Dade County, Fl.
                  The route used by the big dump trucks is tearing up our neighborhood's roads.

Over the years, the neighbors have paid private contractors to fill and grade our roads. We do not appreciate the traffic and damage to our investment.The dust is terrible. The contractors apparently have little regard for private property as the have painted a big red arrow on my landscape boulders.

As Keven O'Conner has said, there is other access available to the truckers. It may not be as well maintained as our roads but it would defiantly reduce the complaints!

Please send a representative to assess the situation and provide a solution.

Thank you.

Tom Rhymestine
                  13025 SW 226 St
                  Miami, Fl. 33170
                  [protected]
                  [email protected]

Mar 06, 2019

Lennar Corporation — not honoring new home warranty and lack of urgency

I purchased a new Single Family Home in Traditions at Lake Ruby, Winter Haven, FL in Nov 2018 and moved in...

Lennar Corporation — new home build and rush to close when the house was not done and they will not fix stuff

I purchased our 450k designer home from Lennar on Nov 26th. They rushed us to close due to there year end...

Lennar Corporation — kitchen drawer front

I spoke to a kristine molina a week ago about a drawer front that fell off the right side of the drawer . The...

Lennar Corporation — ongoing construction complaint

You have some homes still under construction behind my home in the Terracina development that I have lived in...

Lennar Corporation — construction delays

We signed our contract on February 4th, 2018, for lot 461 in the waterside pointe community in Groveland. We...

Groveland

Lennar Corporation — refund of deposit

I would like to express how disappointed I am of my experience as a first time buyer with Lennar. On January...

Lennar Corporation — purchasing a lennar home

Purchasing at Travata, Castillo. Sales person Karen, didnt know the zip code, never got back to me. Could...

Lennar Corporation — I need my money back and my approval letter

We canceled our buying process with lennar yesterday here in jacksonville "montevilla" nobody in this office...

Lennar Corporation — home repair

Hello, I would like to file a complaint/request for repair regarding some items that were not properly done...

Lennar Corporation — lennar construction quality - 80+ construction defects and they just ignore homeowners

I would never recommend Lennar to anyone. It's the one thing in my life I wish I could have changed. It'...