Having problems with Lennar?

Lennar reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 19, 2007. The latest review Unethical polices and practices - Buyer beware - you have no say in home purchase process or closing date. was posted on Mar 8, 2021. The latest complaint air condition to small for unit was resolved on Aug 31, 2014. Lennar has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 115 reviews. Lennar has resolved 30 complaints.

Lennar Customer Service Contacts

+1 305 229 6400 (Head Office)
+1 800 509 4979 (AZ, CA, NV, OR, WA & CO)
+1 410 423 0407 (Delaware & Maryland)
+1 305 229 6447 (Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach & Miami, FL)
+1 904 380 0818 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 800 698 1929 (Melbourne, Tampa & Orlando / Winter Haven / Clermont, FL)
+1 866 226 4057 (Naples / Ft. Myers & Sarasota / Manatee, FL)
+1 770 670 2770 (Georgia)
+1 952 249 3000 (Illinois & Minnesota)
+1 877 536 6274 (New Jersey)
+1 704 542 8300 (Charlotte & Greenville, South Carolina)
+1 919 337 9444 (Raleigh, North Carolina)
+1 843 266 4464 (Charleston & Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
+1 615 465 4333 (Nashville, Tennessee)
+1 512 418 0258 (Austin, Texas)
+1 469 587 5308 (Dallas / Ft.Worth, Texas)
+1 281 874 8521 (Houston Area, North, Texas)
+1 281 874 8468 (Houston Area Northwest, Texas)
+1 281 874 2953 (Houston Area South, Texas)
+1 210 403 6200 (San Antonio & South Texas, Texas)
+1 877 566 0437 (Northern Virginia / DC Area, Virginia)
+1 757 603 4697 (Williamsburg, Virginia)
700 NW 107th Ave.
Miami, Florida

Lennar Complaints & Reviews

Lennar Homes - Lakeland - Autumnwood Grove — Chinese Drywall killed my dogs

In March of 2008, my sister and I moved into a 4 bedroom townhome that she purchased. It was just us and our...

Lennar HomesHas complete disregard for well being of neighbors

• Bi
      BigBrother4Defects Aug 12, 2012

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LENNAR STORY.
      Please send me your story:
      [email protected]
      MyLennarLemon.org
      "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws" - Plato 427-347 BD

• Bill Kearney Jan 11, 2012

Contact me at: [email protected]
      MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
      - Margaret Mead

• Sc
      Screwed by Lennar Jun 09, 2011

This has been the most terribly finished house of the five we have owned across the country. If you want to live in a Nazi like environment, join the Lennar HOA. You get violation notices for parking your registered car on the street, if your grass is over four inches tall (a joke since everything they plant dies in a month), if you have a sports sign near your house. Take my word for it, these Nazi a###les will make your life miserable. The next sign on my house will be For Sale, although that is also a finable offense.

Save your money, buy from a reputable builder!

Lennar Lennar Customer Service is a joke

While in the process of removing the landscape and sidewalk in the front yard, Lennar crew tore up part of my front yard and damaged my Christmas decorations. After arriving home late the day in which I assumed the damage occured since I hadn't noticed the hole before, I inadvertantly stepped into the hole and twisted my ankle pretty badly. I contacted Lennar after 10 days because my anle was not feeling any better, Mr James Perry, the Corporate Customer Care Manager in General Counsels's office, told me I was an incompetant fool for not seeing the hole and I needed to handle the issue myself. When I also advised him of the damage to my Christmas decorations in which I had firm evidence that the construction crew caused the damage, he stated that I should call 911 immdeiatley. Really? Call 911? Why on earth would someone call 911 over some vandalism? Really makes me wonder what goes on over there.

Lennar Home BuildersHorrible customer service

I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining into mine. It wouldn't be as bad if they wouldn't operate their sprinklers three - four times per day. They run the sprinklers so hard and frequently, there will be 3-4 inches of running water in the street and between the houses. The standing surface water that is caused by this then causes problems of mosquitos and frogs among many other pests. I've made numerous contact attempts with absolutely zero assistance. During a conversation with one of their executive service representatives by the name of James Perry, that had called me back regarding a certified letter that I had sent, stated that my case is not actionable and that I should go ahead and pursue further action. The BBB scored Lennar a big fat "F" in their ability to handle customer complaints. No wonder. They make zero effort to fix anything. I may just camp out side their model home discouraging their potential customers.

James Perry Lennar Nov 30, 2010

I've read all over the web and found hundreds of complaints just like this one. Actually, most of them are worse. Lennar is a joke of a company. I too noticed that Lennar had a rating of "F" by the BBB a few weeks ago, they must have been working on cleaning up their act because all of a sudden it's a "B." Go figure.

Lennar Home Builders — Scam

I purchased a Lennar home three years ago and have "no" heat in the back bedroom over the garage. I have had...

Ryland Homes — Major issues

I live in a Ryland condominium building. It was built in 2005 and has had major water issues since it wa...

Lennar Home BuildersMisrepresented Energy Star and Comfort Wise

When any company represents by documents and statements that the home you are purchasing is "Energy Star" Certified and "Comfort Wise, " you believe it to be a fact. Lennar also stated Everything's Included. It's not and it's not!! We have spent five miserable summers in our Las Vegas home with no response from Lennar, other than another appointment to conduct another air-flow test. Lennar is aware that our plan, the "3677" has

HVAC issues, as per a letter from them in 2006 but Lennar continues to build this "Sapphire" plan causing heartache and nightmares for purchasers.

Lennar Home BuildersNo response

We closed on our Lennar "Comfort Wise" and "Energy Star Certified" home in May of 2006. Lennar should not use these terms when offering their product for sale. There are approximately 120 homes in Las Vegas with my same floor plan. There are complaints in every state where Lennar builds regarding their shoddy workmanship...from the foundation to the roof. Buyers Beware. We used our retirement savings for this final home and now we can't sell it, refinance it or modify the mortgage because of the construction defects. No one at Lennar responds. They think I'll go away.

• Ca
              Carolynjean Oct 10, 2018

Hi, I know you dont know me but you're in possibly the same place I live and I'd love to talk with you and discuss the situation here. Cristina Cuellar is my "customer service" person too. Please send me an email [email protected] I really need someone else to talk to about this because I have no family here or anyone to talk to, I moved from Chicago. PLEASE email me

• 37
              3746 Bach Sep 04, 2018

My husband and I just closed a month ago on our home in N. Las Vegas. Our walk-through was less than exciting finding paint splatter on the shower walls in all 3 bathrooms, the cut lines looked as though a child had done them (all crooked and wavy in every room), lock plates crooked on multiple doors, door sweep missing from back door, blinds crooked, paint and/or tape on almost every hinge in the house, cracks in the granite counter top, granite slab for island sitting on spacers because it wasn't level, yet no one thought to put a trim around it so that you couldn't see the spacers, carpet not tacked well so that is was coming up in areas, parts of some walls that hadn't been painted, etc. We were contacted by a customer care rep, Cristina Cuellar about coming to see the issues were having. she met with my husband and he said she belittled everything and when he asked about getting someone to come install the door sweep, she told him to "just put a towel in the gap until we get to it." She would schedule things and not inform us of changes, we submitted a list of the things we'd found wrong (mind you, a Lennar rep made a list as we did our walk-through) and yet anytime we asked about something, she'd act as though she was hearing about it for the first time. When my husband tried to point something out to her, she told him to "check his attitude." When I met with her, she tried to correct me on something that was on the list I, myself had written for her. We have had other people from Lennar tell us that she is saying one thing to us and something totally different to her bosses.
              The construction crews walk all up, in and through our yard instead of using the sidewalk. I mean they are right up on our house so much so that our security camera had a close up of their faces. They would park often partially blocking our driveway and the trash was horrendous!!!
              Everytime I go look around the house at things, I find something new. Its maddening.

Ryland Homes — Fraud

Just seeking thoughts...During the Housing Boom in order for Ryland to increase the base price of their...

Lennar Homes — Quality and other issues

My wife and I bought a home we believed was a Village Builders House. This company, once owned by Exxon and...

Lennar Homes — Cheap construction

Lennar hires the worst contractors and doesn't stand behind their sales pitch or offer any kind of a...

Lennar Homes — Poor Quality of the House

Potential homebuyers, I bought a brand new house in Santa Clarita Valley for more than a half million...

Lennar Homes — Shoddy workmanship

We've lived in a Lennar townhouse for 5 years now and have seen all types issues with the homes in the...

Ryland Homes — Build with poor quality

Please do not buy from Ryland Homes. They are of poor quality and do not stand behind their product. For the...

Lennar Garbage

We purchased a home last year, (built in 2005)...and have a laundry list of builder defects, which Lennar says they are not responsible for. To top it all of, the Lennar Reps were hateful that we were bothering them about these defects. A leaking roof above my daughters bed is no laughing matter to me when we are buying a NEW home. Shady people working for Lennar and wherever Mr. Lennar is, they probably don't care as long as cash is flowing. IM now stuck unlsee we want to sell for half what we owe or walk away...but you can still save yourself a lot of anguish. If you don't care about quality, then buy from Lennar.

Lennar Water Leak - Faulty Installation

www.youtube.com/watch?v=egM4yC56UlY

Water leaks through the shower tiles and flooded the dining room ceiling. Since the house is 15 month old and passed the warranty period they are not taking responsibility of it. I also had water leaks in the basement which was identified before the warranty period, but still not fixed by Lennar. Don't expect Lennar to stand behind their product. I will never buy a home from them again.

Lennar No quality

We bought our first newly built home from US Homes/Lennar in 2001, now after 9 years we were ready to up grade and put our home on the market. But after the inspection by the buyers we found out our main sewer line was a poor install, the buyers backed out and we need to spend 12000 to 16000 dollars on fixing the problem. When we contacted Lennar they said it would have fallen under the 2 year warranty and we only had 6 years from time of possession to take legal action. I could go on about many other problems with this cooky cutter house that we have corrected over the years but don't have time to write a book! Word to the wise, when you build a new home pay attention to every detail and scope/camera your main line before warranty is up!

Lennar Homes Inc — Lennar Homes

We had a carpet defect issue and also a seam repair issue where the carpet was cut into and patched by Wayne...

Lennar Rude and indignant

My partner and I are strongly considering purchasing a home in Ashburn VA Martin Chase community. But after dealing with the sales person (AJ McCollough. We are thinking twice!! Although its a nice community AJ was extremely rude and indignant once we asked about the warranty of Lennar's Home. After reading many complaints about Lennar, as home buyers we want to feel comfortable with our purchase. No one should purchase a half million dollar home without asking questions!! She was very abrupt, negative and aggressive. At least I can honestly say she is consistent in her behavior, I witnessed her treating other buyers the same. Although the homes are in a great location, it DOES NOT give her the right to treat buyers with such hostility. Such arrogant behavior when someone is just trying to feel confidant in their purchase is absurd!!

Lennar Poorly built homes

When Lennar says they have the "everything home" they mean that everything is wrong. They did not caulk the windows or outlets leading to leaks when it rains. My "energy star" home if filled with drafts. The drywall was not taped in the corners or ceiling leading to hairline cracks everywhere. The cheapest materials were used including the upgrades that I over paid for. Unskilled labor was used so the walls are crooked. I can hear every step someone takes upstairs because of poor instalation. The list goes on. I would tell anyone not to buy a Lennar home. I made a comment on my facebook so all can see.

• Jk
                        Jk Tucker Jun 16, 2010

I have a Lennar "Everything's Included" house. This energy star house does not have adequate air - conditioning, the HVAC vents are all in the wrong place, the stucco is now falling off the house, the stairs are not secure, the molding does not meet, the water takes forever to get hot at any sink, there is no insulation in the walls, the front entry has a large piece of stucco missing that was evident at our walk-through, the shower has no light, the mirrored doors are crooked, the bedroom door does not meet the floor and water comes in when it rains, the upstairs office has no, none, notta, zippo
                        air-conditioning. Try to work in that office in the summer...in the desert. Then there's the loan that we were induced to use because of incentives, which we did not receive. We did not receive the landscaping we requested and changes were made to our floor plan.