LCBO / service

Woodbridge, Canada Review updated:

I was with a family member, we are both over 21 and I did not bring my licence. Just because I carry a single bottle to help my family member out, and I didn't have ID, we were refused service. It was a single bottle of wine for crying out loud. This stupid province allows people to smoke marijuana and order it online meanwhile we have archaic rules on alcohol, including a communist like monopoly company for selling alcohol. The staff at most of these stores are also rude, incompetent, and lazy. Because the LCBO is a monopoly, they don't give a rats a ss if they tick people off because we HAVE to go there to buy booze. The person I saw on these forums responding on behalf of lcbo was quite frankly rude and useless as well, and offered no compromises or incentive to boost customer relations. Because it belongs to the government, there is no care for customer satisfaction. For such a developed country we are very behind on simple issues like the sale of alcohol.

Ch
Apr 15, 2019

Comments

• Cp
      May 03, 2019

Greetings,

Only customers who are 19 years of age and older can handle beverage alcohol products in our stores. We encourage anyone shopping with someone who is underage to use a basket, cart or to ask staff for assistance. Those 25 and under who are required to have their ID ready can prove their age in a variety of ways. We don’t want to inconvenience any customers, use a shopping basket, cart or ask our staff for assistance.

There are eight forms of acceptable photo ID:

• Ontario Driver’s Licence

• LCBO Bring Your ID (BYID) Card

• Canadian Passport

• Canadian Citizenship Card

• Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card

• Certificate of Indian Status Card

• Permanent Resident Card

• Ontario Photo Card

Feel free to contact our help-desk if you have any more questions at 416-365-5900 or toll-free 1-800-668-5226. Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm.