Kohlsliars

G

When I fell into financial difficulties as a result of suddenly finding myself unemployed, I asked Kohls about a hardship program that would allow me to make low payments until I was back on my feet without having to close my account. I was approved and was informed that I could resume using my card in Decemeber 2011. I landed a job in Nov and began looking forward to making a few small purchases for Christmas gifts at Kohls. When my card wouldn't go through, the sales rep phoned the toll free number for me. Well, the person she spoke with said that the account had been closed in August!!! Yet, I never received a letter or email stating anything about it at all!!! I phoned the toll free number myself and was put on hold for at least 20 minutes before the next person returned and said the same thing!!! Kohls will LIE to people in order to make certain they get paid back rather than be honest!!! This is the WORST store to get a store credit card from. I'd rather rely on major cards!!

• Gy
    Gymboree4two Mar 21, 2012

Just for the record, my bills are paid on time. Take your own advice and GROW UP so you can learn not to be judgmental of others. Common sense tells most that when circumstances beyond one's control suddenly strike, they may fall behind on payments whether its something as simple as a credit card or even mortgage!!

• Gy
    Gymboree4two Dec 21, 2011

I'm glad to say that there was a mistake made on my account. As it turns out, Kohl's does understand that many people these days have hit hard times and need to use the hardship program until they've recovered. They were nice enough to correct the problem including other errors that had been made on my account; therefore, I recant every negative statement I made about them.