Complaints & Reviews

poor customer service!

Last Sunday night around 5.30pm we went to Kentucky fried chicken at batemans bay to order a family meal through drive thru. We were told by the i think the manager on duty that there was no chicken available and to come back in ten minutes. My husband asked the manager can we pay for it now but was told that it would be a lot f.....n easier if we come back in ten minutes. Nice choice of words. We thought we would leave it a bit longer as there was a fair amount of people waiting. We came back in 30 minutes and was told that there was no chicken that we would have to wait ten minutes. My husband said that is what you told us last time. The manager got quite stroppy and said that we were told to come back in ten minutes not 30. By this time there was around 20 or so people waiting inside and not too mention the number of cars waiting outside. I have myself worked in food and customer service and by far this would have too be the worst i have experienced. I will not be going back to this restaurant and the number of people i have spoken to have said that they are experiencing the same at this restaurant. They need to get their act together.

• Re
    ReGuLaRiTy Jun 08, 2010

I'm sorry to say, but I have had a way better experience than you it seems. I know all of the staff at KFC but they recently hired on some new staff - younger people who think they own the place - and sadly, they may have been the ones on drive through. I have never once been to KFC Batemans Bay and been sworn at or told to wait. They always have food available but during busy season and holidays they do end up running out of food. I guess I just go in at the right time, I don't know. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but the KFC staff are wonderful people but I don't really know about the new ones they seem nice but you can tell it's a fake kind of nice. I'm a pretty regular customer to this store also. Hope you get a better experience next time. Sorry this had to happen to you but I'm not entirely sure of the circumstance that you were in - whether it was holiday season or if you said something that may have offended them - you never know nowadays. I've heard two negative comments on people saying they'd never go back but the next day I see them back in KFC and they don't say anything negative. So I'm sure you'll be back to visit KFC one day...

incompetency franchises

On several occasions we have experienced either one of the following without rectification on the part of management of franchise in Windhoek, Namibia:

1. Waiting in quees for upr to 45 minutes -due to insufficient stock.
2. Waiting for chicken up to half an hour.
3. Promotional items clearly displayed but when ordered no stock available.(eg.Hot Wings, KFC pops)
4. On regular occasion, no lettuce for rounders, no buns, no sauces, no tortilla wraps for twisters.

• Bi
    Bianka May 17, 2008

Please look into the terribel service we receive from KFC Swakopmund, Namibia. On a busy Saturday night they have only one ( yes, 1!!) very confused lady at the till taking orders. They should at least indicate which till is open, since customers queue in front of all 4 tills until they realise nobody is coming to serve them. Then the customers are starting to push each other around, arguing about who was in the shop first. Also, the orders are not prepared correctly, tomato or lettuce missing from burger (very dry!), you ask for "anything but breast" and you get only breast pieces. Staff members are mostly unfriendly (not all of them, though), nobody greets first. Worst of all are all the begging streetkids and homeless in front of the shop, making you feel too guilty to actually go in and buy food!
    My question is: What happened to the old motto: THE CUSTOMER IS KING? Please... I LOVE KFC. The shop was renovated a couple of months ago and looks very nice. Please renovate the staff.

• Na
    Nangoo May 28, 2014

I'd like to lodge a complaint of a rude KFC staff member at the Werner List KFC drive thru. She was of herero descen and often works at the KFC drive through section on Werner List Street.
    My partner and I had a very unpleasant experience at the drive through, for some strange reason the staff member was in a very irritable mood and ended up using derogatory language and in fact insulting my partner. Her exact words were "ondjiraere otuze" translated from herero meaning "don't tell me ###". I was quite flabbergasted that an employee in the employ of a company that values customer service would behave in such a manner. We obviously immediately reported the issue to the "manager" on duty at the time.
    She assured us that she would deal with the matter, but I was surprised to see that 6months later the same staff is still employed at the KFC drive thru section.
    I think that if you honestly value your brand reputation and hold customer value in high regard you would immediately rid your company such staff members, they can only do you more harm than good.

Ashley

• Co
    Cornelia du Plooy Feb 06, 2017

The Katima Mulilo Branch is only 5months old. The Ice cream machine is out of order since late November.
    It is February and is still not fixed. How is that even possible? only 2 months after opening!!!

bad service!

I am a long time customer of KFC in Squamish B.C. The service of this restaurant is very bad. The drive thru...

bad service levels

In the interests of protecting Eshowe's Business reputation, I need to bring this to your attention. The local KFC is by far, the worst experience ever! On numerous occasions, they are out of stock on chicken (keeping in mind, this is their core product!). The service is bias, depending on your skin color and the quality of the food is just plain disgusting, a combination of smelly old oil and sub-standard breading used for the chicken. The music played in-store is completely inappropriate and extremely loud, regardless of the time of day or night. Simply speaking, this store is a disgrace to your brand and an embarrassment to our town!

jaison thomas Sep 25, 2013

DEAR SIR..MY NAME IS JAISON MY MOB NO 99614501
    today (25/09/2013) i had ordered 1 party (21pcs) and 1 family (9pcs)
    i order this from my office and there was no cups or plates together with the KFC.
    this is not the first time i experience, last time also the same happen.
    you may check my order, very clearly i had told them about this matter...

sorry to tell you sir..your delivery service is very poor even though you charge for it.
    Thank you..

service was so terrible!

I was visiting south Africa from Ireland and we had kfc in east London, Vincent. Their service was so...

terrible smash and raw chicken!

I wish to extend my utmost disappointment in the quality of Kentucky Fried Chicken at the Queenstown, Eastern Cape Branch.

Today was the second time in a month that we got stuff which they call smash and the chicken was not fully cooked either.

The smash is not as smooth as we know it and it seems as if they cooked potatoes [half raw] and then made smash from it. It is not even smooth and the sauce over the mash is watery!! No person can eat that stuff. We gave it to our dog and he did not even attempt to eat it.

We are disgusted about this product which we always enjoyed, but this was the last time Kentucky Fried chicken, Queenstown had seen us.

I hope someone can do something about it as I am sure that I am not the only one who complains about it, especially the smash.

• Is
    Ismail Nana Jun 04, 2007

I know that KFC has a shortage of the powder mash, and some branches use real potatoes to make the mash, but why do they not inform us about the product when we place the order. Other branches (like the one in Pretoria) don't even inform you that they don't have any mash, and give you just the gravy even though you have asked for a mash and gravy.

• Do
    Douglas Deason Feb 01, 2008

On Thursday January 31st, 2008 at aprox., 02:44 pm, I wanted to get out of cooking dinner, so I purchased a bucket of chicken from KFC to take home.

I picked up my son and his friend from school at 2:55 pm. They smelled the Chicken and it got their appetites going. I don't blame them, it smelled really good.

When we got home at about 3pm, I got each of us a plate. My son had two legs and half a breast, his friend had two legs and a thigh, and I had two thighs and the other half of the breast.

The legs and breasts seemed to be cooked okay. However, the thighs were bloody in the middle.

My first bite was fine, but on the second bite, I got a mouth full of bloody tasting chicken. At first, I could tell by the texture and the temperature that there was something wrong. I only chewed on it for a few seconds. Then came the taste of chicken blood and I spit it out. It was awful.

I didn't want to scare the kids, or, gross them out, so I did not say anything to them at first. I sat that piece aside and gave it the benefit of the doubt. The kids did not saying anything, so I thought theirs must be okay. I looked at their chicken as they ate, and it appeared to be okay.

I very cautiously began to eat another thigh. Sure enough the darn thing was raw in the middle. It really ticked me off.

I am a Chef by trade with over 20 years of institutional quantity prep training. I worked many years as a director of food service. Proper food temperatures, cooking times, storage, and sanitation are most important to health and safety of the public, in the food service industry.

Trust me, that would not have happened had I been the cook. When there is a large amount of meat/chicken being prepared, I will use a food thermometer on the largest pieces. Especially thighs. They must be 160 or above in the center, next to the bone. I will also wait a few seconds to assure that no blood oozes up out of the hole that I pierced. Only clear juices will ooze.

It is so very important to cook fried chicken, or, any chicken, thoroughly, with very strict times and temperatures.

I know these things, because I am a certified foodservice manager, trainer and cook. I was also a director of food service in quantity food prep., and a certified inventory manager as well.

I am livid at the thought of the incompetence and carelessness of the managers at this KFC regarding their responsibilities to train and supervise food service personnel and cooks. However, I am aware that this is not the majority of well-trained cooks, managers and other food service personnel.

Point being, I love the flavor of KFC and so do many others. But, in my lifetime, this incident has not been the first bad experience with KFC. This is just the first time that I felt I must bring it out into the public, for the health and safety of others.

My advice to the public, is to not take for granite that something has been stored or prepared properly, just because it looks good, smells good, or, has a label. Be cautious of foods that you do not prepare yourself. And, raw meats are very dangerous.

Honestly, after this experience, I doubt if I could really enjoy the privilege and convenience of taking a break from my own kitchen and skipping the hard work it takes to fry my own chicken. Which my son loves, by the way. :0)

KFC has discouraged me again; I can only say that it is a pity. Some others will probably never return. I must admit, I do like the flavor of KFC chicken.

Honestly, I have never had undercooked chicken at Popeye's or, Churches or, any other restaurant. As for myself, I have prepared chicken for hundreds of thousands of people over the years.

By the way, are you wondering about the other thigh, that my son’s friend was eating? I caught him after a few bites. Yes, it was bloody/raw in the middle also. That's when I broke the news to them about mine. I educated them on food preparation and the danger of undercooked meat.

Here is my challenge to the KFC CEO:

I am a retired director of food service in institutional quantity prep with experience in fast food, and as a prior convenience store/deli owner and operator, and am experienced in restaurant cooking. Cooking is still one of my hobbies.

Since I am retired, I would be willing to travel anywhere, as a volunteer for KFC on occasion (travel expenses provided by KFC) to help correct discrepancies regarding any of KFC's district mangers and restaurant managers, who have been failing in the area of customer satisfaction and proper food preparation and handling.

Let me help KFC by grading your district managers and store managers for the public. This would be done mostly by unexpected/surprise inspections by someone they would not normally have contact with.

Manager’s inconsistencies need to be brought to their attention. This is a good thing for managers. A surprise inspection with some good advice may even save some of your customers’ lives, by avoiding possible food poisoning.

Let your 6,000 or so, restaurant managers and KFC's district managers prove themselves. Make them aware that the consumer is watching them, and they need to be responsible. Keep the managers on their toes. This is what they get paid for.

The whole problem in a nut shell, that I see KFC managers facing, translates into lack of proper training and consistent supervision of their own food service personnel, concerning preparation of food and customer satisfaction.

Basically, KFC needs to re-enforce its management team of their responsibilities. This would cover proper supervision, training of personnel, quantity/quality preparation, proper temperature controls (use of food thermometers, proper cooking times and procedures) food textures and color, food storage (safe holding times) and temperatures of food warmers; Not excluding Safety, Sanitation requirements, and customer service/satisfaction.

Anyways, if KFC accepts my offer to help, that's what I would do to help fix what I see as a problem that will get bigger if not attended to. And, my advice is free, so take me up on it. I am freed up. E-mail me if you’re interested at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Douglas Deason
    P O BOX 1015
    Kingsburg, CA.

Attachments: Picture and copy of reciept available for proof.
    cc: file

shameless kids toy advertising

I have a big problem with fast food chains, including KFC, using toys to convince kids to visit the restaurant and then not having the advertised toys in stock. I visited KFC in Potchefstroom today. Not only is there no toy for girls (roughly 50% of the kids visiting the restaurant are girls), but none of the advertised toys were in stock.

KFC should take down false posters and stop using our kids as bait only to cheat them and lie to them (this is how my kids, aged 3 and 6, experience the visit to KFC)

• Do
    Douglas Deason Feb 01, 2008

Here is my challenge to the KFC CEO:

Sincerely,

Douglas Deason
    P O BOX 1015
    Kingsburg, CA.

Attachments: Picture and copy of reciept available for proof.
    cc: file

offered marijuana

This is a horrible company. Every location i have been to is beyond filthy inside. First off, they are dirty, second, even if they were cleaned they would be nasty. I thought that decent restaurants were renovated every so often? The last one i went to had booths that had to be over 15 years old and i had to move to a different one because the upholstery had a hole in it with a spring shooting through. I washed my hands and then felt like they were cleaner before i walked inside.

Oh and to top it off, when i went to the drive through the cashier offered to sell me marijuana. Where do they find these people?

distasteful and dry food!

I went to buy Kentucky and to my disappointment they had a mash and gravy shortage, so I had to order...

badly cleaned, buffet line is filthy

I think someone needs to take along look at the kfc (kentucky fried chicken) - pryor, ok located at 2 s. Mill street. I and my wife used to eat there, but whole place isn't fit to eat at any more. Not only is the personnel slovenly, but the cafe inside is badly cleaned, the buffet line is filthy. Food slopped into other food serving bins and looks like little children has played in them. Personnel standing around not trying to at least clean it up or having a talk fest with others in kitchen. I and my wife have never seen a k.f.c. Buffet dining place, as poorly ran, or cleaned & we've been eating at k.f.c,'s for over40 years. But we will never eat at another one of your establishments again.

• Da
    davidcortright Jun 22, 2007

My wife and my family eat a lot of chicken from different places in new york from kentucky fryed chicken but in middletown ny the chicken does not taste like kentucky fried chicken it does not live up to its name and thats really sad somebody should do something. Im sorry i wrote this but i love the real tasting kentucky fryed chicken please do something they are not cooking it right i would like to hear back po 538 pinebush ny 12566

• To
    TOBIE VORTSMAN Feb 07, 2008

As a KFC lover for 25 years now, i have never seen such poor service as at the branch in Marlvern Jule street Johannesburg. I've decided a while ago not to go there anymore but today was the last! I ordered a hawaiwan burger and payed for it, only to find out when i got back at the office that it was in fact a regular rounder. I can not go back cause my lunch time is so to say over. The personnel there is half asleep, theres so much oil in the chicken, basically when you take a bite the oil squirts all over the place , a few times already when you get there you have to wait ten minutes as the chicken is not ready yet, theres always a shortage of something!!! PLEASE GUYS!!! MAKE A PLAN!!!

poor service and presentation!

I am 52 years old and I have in the past and up till yesterday always enjoyed my K F C food however all that...

big problem with their mashed potato bowls

The KFC on AZ Ave in Chandler just north of Galveston Rd. has a big problem with their mashed potato bowls. It's the only thing I've ordered there so far. Twice now I've been ripped. The first time it was half full and the second time the chicken was missing, there were only pieces of fried breading. YUK!

• Mi
    Misha Talan Feb 24, 2007

Every single time that I go to KFC I have a delicious lunch so i think that KFC is terrific.

kfc was nothing but rude and disconcerned!

I placed an order through the drive thru for a small order of livers and gravy. Now, the livers are listed at 3.99, so when i am told 5.82, i am wondering why?? I asked the guy running the drive thru.

He said that gravy is 1.50. a dollar and a half for a little thing of gravy. I let him know that his menu does not tell customers that gravy is an extra charge. he didn't seem to care. So, when i pulled out, i called KFC to talk to the manager. She got on the phone and explained very rudely that it has always been this way. i explained to her that Lee's Famous Recipe gives people gravy with their livers. She said, sorry that is the way it is. I asked her if she thought it should be on the menu, she said she didn't know and that was it. She did not offer anything.

Well, i got on KFC's website and apparently they either don't care or just don't check their guest complaints. I was a restaurant manager with Applebee's for 10 years and when a guest complained about something, we bent over backwards!! KFC was nothing but rude and disconcerned.

• Ca
    Cal Mar 29, 2007

I was in k fried c and was there 20 mins and i ask the manager how longi had to wait to get food and she said that she was the only one there and i said that since she was the manager she should hire more people to help and she said nothing and i ask for her manager's name and she ask why and i said i wanted to complaint and she said you just did and also said that she wasn't going to serve me, and with that my mind was made i am 42 and ate my first bit of kfc in the very early 70's but as of 3/29/07 i have eaten my last piece, all kfc restaurants has gone down over 50% from what i remember and they are very raciest to match, 25093 michigan ave dearborn mich. Mgr and attendant jeannene very sad

• Dt
    D Treweek Aug 27, 2008

18 Packwood Close
    Maltby
    Rotherham
    S667EF

To whom it may concern.
    I recently ate at KFC Meadowhall, in Sheffield, I ordered chicken fillet tower meals, which is a family favourite.I took my order to the table and first of all the fries were not even warm, I returned them and they were exchanged.On opening my fillet it was falling out of the bread the lettuce was slimy, we removed the lettuce on eating the bread bun was dry around the sides.I know that at meadowhall it can get busy, however that is no reson to let standards slip.The customer care is a priority, I do not feel that it is a priority to some of your workforce.Please repond as to the standards in this take out.
    Mrs D Treweek.

• Su
    suzanne Aug 27, 2008

i have just returned from my 2 weeks holiday to marmaris turkey, on departure from dalaman airport we decided to visit kfc and ordered a combo for one which cost £10 english pounds, what i received for my money was 2 chicken wings & 2 chicken legs & 1 fillet & i was disgusted at the size of the portions because not 1 of them was the size of my pinky finger, and when i complained about the size of the portions i was told that i would have to take as it had already been seved to me.I like going to kfc but them portions really put me off, so i would advice anyone going to dalaman airport not to visit kfc as you will be seriously ripped off.

• Na
    nancy mccue Oct 02, 2008

hello my nane is nancy i went to store 3387 on october 1st @ 8:07pm and the employes that were working with food were not wearing gloves even the managr by time i realizes it was to late to say something there was a line and i charged my food . the food was not fit to eat!!! i would like for some one to call me on this issue thank you 804-285-8338

• De
    Debra May 27, 2009

Today is 27 May 2009. we went to the KFC here in Orangeburg, SC at approx. 8:30 PM. After all this hype about GRILLED, i HAD TO TRY IT. We've been less than satisfied with this KFC before and for only God knows the reason, I thought this time would be different, WRONG!!! This has got to be the stupidest, laziest, not give a s++t people on the planet. The crap they served us must have been under a lamp for the better part of the day- probably yesterday. I told the incompetant that I could not eat cole slaw, fine! we'll give you 2 mashed potatoes. Get home- cole slaw! Where does it break down between what I ordered and what I received? With the flippin" IDIOT behind the counter.

• Pa
    patricia pastine Jan 15, 2010

bAD SERVICE...WINGS HORRIBLE

• Pa
    patricia pastine Jan 15, 2010

long wait in drive in...wings horrible...

• Lu
    Luigi Rapido Mar 16, 2011

Stopped using KFC recently when I discovered it had changed to an
    Islamic fast food outlet. No one asked me (or any of my multitude of friends) if I minded being served torture-killed halal chicken.
    So now KFC have missed out on about £200 a week takings just from my little circle. Also I am spreading the word about this.
    Another beef. Have you tried to contact KFC 'customer service?'
    Non existent. Sincerely hope they end up bankrupt. Will do all I can to speed up the demise of this once decent company.

cold food, rude customer service

I went to eat with my wife who is 7 months pregnant. The air conditioner was set at a very uncomfortable 55...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices