Jewelry Television (JTV)refusing my order because of someone unrelated to me skipping out on bill yet they had same address when they created their account

S

I am a loyal customer. I’ve bought 5 or 6 rings and paid every one of them off. I attempted to order two rings on clearance early this week. I didn’t receive an email or phone call. I did see the charge pending on my credit card. I thought maybe there was an email issue. I logged onto my account. It did not show my order. I waited a day or so and I called. I spoke to a rather rude woman who attempted to “bill dog” her way through the conversation by interrupting me. My house mates son had placed an order well over a year ago and did not pay his bill. The ONLY thing we have in common is the address. He has his own JTV account and used his own means of payment. I placed my last accepted order after this young man “skipped out” on his bill. Even though my name is not the same. I am not married or related to this young man or his father and I have had my account before either of them had one .. my account is LOCKED until this person pays their bill. This cannot be legal. They’re simply saying that until his $600/700 bill is paid that I cannot order anything. The things I’ve ordered were for women. Myself and my daughter. There’s no financial or familial link with this young man. Guilty by association? It cannot be legal. Not when I paid my things properly. I’m not done fighting and I’m sure as hell not paying someone else’s bill. Would they like to pay for me to move?

RESOLVED

• Jewelry Television (JTV)'s response · Oct 16, 2017

Jewelry Television is a Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant merchant. This means that we follow a strict set of guidelines established by the Payment Card Industry to help protect our customers, as well as Jewelry Television, from possible fraudulent situations. Due to security protocol, we are unable to discuss an account with anyone other than the person listed on that account.

When an order is placed, Jewelry Television contacts the customer’s bank to confirm that funds are available to complete the transaction. The personal information provided by the customer must match the information on file with the bank, or the order is not processed.

When a customer chooses our StretchPay option to make a purchase, the first installment is collected when the item is shipped. The balance is collected in equal amounts in thirty-day intervals until paid in full. The complainant’s account indicates that her StretchPay purchases were paid in full, as she stated. However, all payments were not made in a timely manner as required by our Terms and Conditions, to which a customer must agree before placing internet orders.

Due to delinquent payments by more than one person listed at the same address as the complainant, the business decision was made that no orders be shipped to that address until all accounts are cleared.

• Ni
    Nicolee1978 Jul 28, 2018

I bought a sterling sliver rope chain from jtv. It turned black and stained my skin green. The rhodium rubbed right off. I called customer service and i was told if you wear it while in water or with perfume the rhodium wears off. Well I take my jewelry off before showering and I do not wear perfume. Because i bought a set of three chains customer service said I should be fine because i have 2 extra chains. I sent back the chains anyway and never got my refund or payment stop on stretch pay. After a month of fighting with customer service I got a package in the mail. They sent back exactly what I sent them with an invoice stating that my items were checked and no defects were found!!! I am now working with my credit card company for fraud. I had 3 purchases made with that credit card during that month i did not authorize. It totalled over 400 dollars. It was a new credit card and the only time I used it was with jtv on that chain purchase. I finally got all my money back after my credit card company went and filed a police report.
    Never trust jtv. I have read stories much worse than mine on the BBB website. Putting complaints here won't help if tour looking for resolution. The Better Business Bureau will actually help you work against it to resolve tour problem. ☺