Menu
Brilliant Earth Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Brilliant Earth
reviews and complaints

www.brilliantearth.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.0 76 Reviews

How responsive is Brilliant Earth's customer service?

16 Resolved
4 Unresolved
On the path to perfection 🏔️
Brilliant Earth has a very responsive customer support, but for a perfect rating, they’d need to visit ComplaintsBoard more frequently to check complaints and respond to them promptly 😉 As for reviewers, we can advise them to carefully read customer complaints (both positive and negative) and note aspects that can help in efficient problem-solving.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Brilliant Earth has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Brilliant Earth eco-conscious jewelry shoppers reviews and complaints 40

Sort by:

Newest Brilliant Earth reviews and complaints

12:36 pm EDT

Brilliant Earth Horrific experience- you cannot trust them

If I could give negative 10 stars I would- read on if you're considering purchasing a ring from them. We booked an initial appointment on 4/23/23 and purchased a ring that day. An hour later we received a call that our diamond was taken by another customer and had to choose another. Then the ring came weeks later and it was the completely wrong setting- they gave us the waverly when what we ordered was the vintage waverly (see first photo). The ring went back with the promise it would come back perfect. Weeks later it was returned to us and rather than put the diamond into the correct setting, Brilliant Earth added only partial milgrain detail around the edges- it was uneven and incredibly sloppy (see 2nd photo). I noticed it immediately after he proposed- terribly disappointing because I new I had to return the ring just as I was excited to share our news. The ring went back yet again and I was told it would be 100% redone and returned to me in perfect condition before my cousin's wedding (we gave them 4 weeks). It came back to me a week early and looked fine. I've only been wearing it a week and today (my cousin's wedding)- the entire top of the ring broke off as I was packing (see last several photos). It looks like they attached it with superglue and didn't even last a week let alone a lifetime. My fianc? spent well over 10k for this ring and needless to say we are absolutely furious. I am doubting if this diamond and this yellow gold ring are even real. Brilliant Earth is running a total scam- they cannot be trusted. Not only did this entire experience delay the initial proposal but it completely marred our engagement experience which should have only been joyous. We want a refund ASAP.

6:13 pm EDT

Brilliant Earth Engagement Ring

I purchased an engagement ring(18k White Gold Petite Twisted Vine Diamond Ring) that was delivered December 21st 2023. I paid $4,740 for the diamond and $1,090 for the setting.

January 27th 2024, I dropped the ring off to get resized. I got the ring back February 9th 2024.

March 14th 2024, I dropped the ring off again because diamonds on the band fell out of the ring. March 23rd 2024, I picked the ring up.

March 29th 2024 the diamonds on the band (different diamonds this time) fell out again! At this time I went to the store located in the Domain in Austin,TX. and asked for an exchange with the band. The diamonds falling off the band are obviously an issue. I want a band without diamonds. At which time I was told I would get $480 credit to exchange for a different setting.

Desired outcome: I would like a store credit for $1,090. The Twisted Vine Solitaire cost $990. I would like to exchange the setting for the twisted vine solitaire, the $100 store credit remaining for when I purchase the wedding band.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Brilliant Earth representatives only. If you are affiliated with Brilliant Earth, please claim your business to access these details.

View 0 more photos

Brillant Earth contacted me, and I am now completely satisfied! Thank you for fixing my ring issue!

I
9:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth My fiancé bought my engagement ring from brilliant earth 3 years ago

My fiancé bought my engagement ring from brilliant earth 3 years ago. We decided we would like to take advantage of the upgrade program. Went into the DC location to pick out a new diamond and made a decision. The diamond was removed from their website and put on hold for me. They asked me for my original ring to get appraised as well as the original appraisal paperwork. Two weeks went by, I got an email saying that the diamond that I had chosen for upgrade was no longer available and that I had to choose another. My fiancé and I decided we wanted my original ring back and no longer wanted to go forward with the upgrade at this time as the alternate rings I was offered were not acceptable to me. I was told my original ring was going to get shipped to my address and I would need to sign for it. Two days later get a phone call saying that my gold from my ring was already melted down but they still had my diamond. I said I would like to have the band remade and have my ring returned to me. One week later they tell me that I will have to pay a small fee to get my band remade to fix their mistake. My band was originally $990, they were giving me a $300 credit and wanted me to pay the difference. They want me to pay for something that I have already paid for. They dropped the ball on their end of this agreement and they want me to pay to get my ring back. I want my ring in the original setting with the same diamond as well as the original paperwork for the appraisal of the diamond.

Hide full review

Is Brilliant Earth legit?

Our verdict: Brilliant Earth has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Brilliant Earth's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Brilliant Earth can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Brilliant Earth earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Brilliant Earth achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Brilliant Earth. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 6 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

By resolving 80% of 20 negative reviews, Brilliant Earth is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

Brilliant Earth has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Brilliantearth.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up Brilliant Earth and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Brilliantearth.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Brilliant Earth.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Brilliant Earth protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Brilliant Earth. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    3. Occasional supply chain opacity
    4. Some synthetic diamond stigma
8:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth I purchased an engagement ring last year (November 2019) and proposed to my fiance the following month (December 2019)

I purchased an engagement ring last year (November 2019) and proposed to my fiance the following month (December 2019). Upon arrival, we noticed that the diamond has a black dot directly in the center which was unfortunate, but we didn't really know about diamond clarity and such then. We overlooked the flaw and my fiance still enjoyed his ring. He's been working from home since March 2020 due to the pandemic. In early December of 2020 (one month ago) he was walking to the bathroom when he looked down and noticed that the diamond was gone! Understandably, he panicked. Luckily, he was able to find the diamond. We booked a cabin getaway for our anniversary and unfortunately, he was not able to wear the ring because it was already broken. I called Brilliant Earth multiple times and spoke to several people. I inquired about the repair process and made sure to say that the ring didn't even last a full year! I know people who have had their rings for DECADES with no issues. I also inquired about possibly upgrading the diamond because when you look at the ring, there looks to be too much space between the diamond and the actual ring which would make it easier for the diamond to fall out (again). When I asked the Brilliant Earth representative, she told me that each ring is made to fit the diamond so the size of the diamond did not matter. After I found that out, I decided to just send the ring back to have it repaired. When I got a phone call back today, the representative told me it's going to cost $310 to repair the ring. THE RING DIDN'T EVEN LAST ONE YEAR! That clearly speaks to the quality and integrity of this company. The repair is costing almost a quarter of the price of the ring that didn't even last one year. The woman kept saying something about "normal wear and tear" and I can assure you, working from home for an entire year typing on a computer, should not damage a diamond engagement ring. These are shady business practices and Brilliant Earth clearly does not care about retaining business.

Brilliant Earth A Sparkling Experience with Brilliant Earth

As someone deeply passionate about fine jewelry, I recently embarked on a journey to find the perfect engagement ring. After exploring various options online, I stumbled upon Brilliant Earth. The experience was nothing short of enchanting. The detailed photos and videos provided a glimpse into the exquisite craftsmanship that awaited. What truly set Brilliant Earth apart was the exceptional customer service that accompanied my purchase. From the moment I placed my order, I felt reassured and supported throughout the process. The ring I received was not just a piece of jewelry; it was a symbol of love and commitment that exceeded all expectations. Every glance at the ring on my partner's finger fills me with joy, knowing that it was crafted with care and dedication. Brilliant Earth has truly captured my heart with their stunning designs and unwavering dedication to customer satisfaction. If you're seeking a jewelry experience that transcends the ordinary, look no further than Brilliant Earth.

H

Brilliant Earth Well photographed

This website was so nice to use. It was pretty to look at aesthetically, and the pieces are so well photographed that its almost impossible not to fall in love with a piece of jewellery. I found this website through google after browsing other competitors. I ended up spending the most time on this website because of how easy it was to use and all their beautiful elegant pieces. When I was finally ready to make a purchase, I read some reviews and articles about the good work Brilliant Earth does which sealed the deal for me. My delivery arrived on time and was packaged beautifully. From the moment I found them on Google to the moment the delivery man rang my doorbell, I loved my experience.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth Thanks guys!

My husband and I bought our wedding bands from Brilliant Earth and brought them back to be cleaned and have mine repaired before Covid. I forgot to write this review earlier, however I wanted to thank Brilliant Earth for the exceptional products and service. The repair was completely my fault, and they were so nice and welcoming when I returned to have them repair it for me. We took advantage of the fact that we were having it repaired to have both of our rings also cleaned nicely and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. The service we received when we initially bought them and when we returned to have mine fixed was amazing. Since some jewellery purchases are quite expensive, you want to be sure you can trust the company you're choosing to go with, and you can definitely do that with Brilliant Earth! Thanks guys!

G

Brilliant Earth Helpful & Patient Customer Service

I had an amazing experience getting my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. I was involved in the purchase process, but the ultimate decision was still a surprise. I had two appointments with my SO and our jewelry specialist, Kate. We spent a lot of time trying on different settings and she was extremely patient and also helpful in pointing out small differences between the settings and areas that had helped past couples narrow it down. I loved the classic setting we chose and then we had another appointment to view diamonds. Kate did a great job bringing in diamonds in the right range that we had indicated interest in, and even brought in some outside suggestions she thought we would like - which we ended up choosing! My SO took it from there and I'm so thrilled with the final product - it's a beautiful design and I love knowing that I can feel good about where the diamond comes from

Brilliant Earth Amazing Experience

My fiancee and I went to Brilliant Earth's San Francisco showroom to look at engagement rings and it was a wonderful experience. We met with Becca, who showed us a variety of unique ring designs and diamonds while educating us about the characteristics of diamonds and different ring designs. I went into the appointment thinking we would choose a round diamond, but Becca showed us an asscher cut diamond that we loved and we chose that, set in a really unique setting (the Jolie ring). Becca was very friendly and helped us find the ring that was just right for us without pressuring us to purchase. It was important to me that the ring was ethically sourced, so it was great to know that Brilliant Earth only uses ethically sourced diamonds and recycled metals in their jewelry. I was amazed at how beautiful the ring was when it arrived! Highly recommend and we will be returning shortly to get our wedding bands!

2:49 pm EDT

Brilliant Earth Just look somewhere else

Attempted to upgrade ring. Picked out new diamond. They said please sent your original one back. I sent it back. Then I was informed that the diamond I picked was now out of stock. Now I have not ring and they have not sent me appropriate replacement options. I can never talk to a diamond specialist. I went into the store to look at wedding ring options. The associate said she would email me the ones I liked. Neve heard back from that associate and was never sent the rings I liked. The associate said my file was labeled as "DNA".

I still do not have any engagement ring. This is a very sad situation.

Brilliant Earth 6 days. That is how long I had my engagement ring

6 days. That is how long I had my engagement ring. 6 days that I was able to wear it. 6 days that I was on quarantine in my home. There was no wear and tear. There was no damage done to the ring. At the end of the 6th day, a manufacturer's defect caused a prong holding the main stone to break and the main stone to fall out. We tore our home apart and cannot find the stone. The ring then had to be shipped back to Brilliant Earth-only for them to take over a week to look at it and then advise that they'd fix the ring but we'd have to purchase another diamond from them at full cost! They acknowledged that it wasn't damage to the ring, but an issue with the setting. But it is our fault for not purchasing insurance on it. We were told to explore our homeowners policy for coverage. When we do decide to purchase another diamond, it will be another 3 weeks or so for them to finish the repair and then another week for shipping. They advised they will forward this complaint to a supervisor, but unfortunately it's their policy to not telex the main stone under any circumstance. Did I mention, the only way to get in touch with anyone from their claims department is to schedule a phone call at least a day in advance? If you call their customer service, they do not return your call. This company is terrible and I certainly would not recommend them to anyone. This was supposed to be a joyous occasion and instead it had been frustrating and heartbreaking.

M. Hermann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had an awesome experience purchasing an engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. They had exactly the options I needed to create a beautiful custom ring. The ring is very high quality. Even the re-sizing process was streamlined with great customer service.

A. Little
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am very happy with the ring I received. The website was easy to navigate, the production timing was accurate, and the quality of the ring is amazing. Overall, I highly recommend ordering from this company.

R
R
R. Kub
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The ordering process was easy to use, the order arrived on time and in beautiful packaging, and the stone I ordered looked exactly as advertised on the website (something that has not been the case when Ive dealt with ordering online from other jewelry companies). I would use Brilliant Earth again.

J. Morar
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have purchased items from them in 4 separate occasions each time having a great experience. They put great care into the quality of work and have resolved any issues or questions I had. Even the diamonds I didn't choose myself are of great quality and brilliance. I would do business with them again.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth My husband purchased my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth in June

My husband purchased my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth in June. He proposed in August with the BE ring. In less than a year, I started to notice the white gold fading. I called Brilliant Earth to explain this situation, and they told me this is happening because I wear it too much. How am I supposed to wear this ring for the rest of my life if I can't wear it? Not to mention, I take the ring off when I shower, sleep, clean or do anything that could potentially harm it. BE charged me $241.03 to repair a ring that has lasted less than 2 years. I sent in the ring on January 3 and now almost a month later, I have had to write to their social media team, call customer service 5 times and email the team over 4 times to get status updates. I was told I would receive tracking information by January 27th or 28th "if things stay on track." I'm not sure in what world it ever makes sense for ME to have to call in to check if things are "on track." I have emailed multiple times this week to get status updates as I have not been proactively communicated with. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with a company that doesn't communicate, especially when it is a $6,000 purchase that we are working with. I will be finding a new company to get a new band through so I don't have to deal with their incompetent and frustrating customer service team (or lack thereof). I would highly recommend staying far away from this company if you want to purchase from somewhere that values their customers' purchases and time.

K. Kreiger
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Do not buy your jewelry, at least diamonds, from this company. Long story short, i received 5 moissanite stones in the ring instead of diamonds the first time around. Sent back the ring to get it inspected and they insisted that the jeweler i went to to get it tested wasnt using the right testers. Mind you, i ended up taking the ring to 5 different jewelers who all told me the same thing. Brilliant Earth insisted they were in fact diamonds and that the insurance appraisal was proof, but when asked for a certificate of authenticity from the actual lab, they refused to provide one. So i gave them the benefit of doubt and waited for them to send it back. The moment i received it, i took it to get tested, and this time, only 2 of the stones were coming up as actual diamonds. The rest were still moissanite. So i called my credit card company and disputed the charge and simply requested a return because of the extreme dissatisfaction with the entire customer service. Then *** calls me to tell me that pretty much every jeweler i went to wasnt worth their name and that they were clueless (yeah right) and that they wouldnt accept a return (that i even offered to pay shipping costs). So now i will simply have to take the loss and PAY more MONEY to get ACTUAL diamonds put into the ring that I PAID TO HAVE DIAMONDS TO BEGIN WITH. so SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SHOP IN PERSON at a reputable dealer. My only mistake was not checking this site before buying. Im telling everyone i know and their mothers to not give this company their business. Every interaction i had with someone from Brilliant Earth screamed SHADY. DONT DO IT. I would give 0 star review if i could

C. Block
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Unless you have perfectly sized finger and anticipate never having to modify/alter/repair the ring, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE of my life. TLDR; nobody at customer service cares, they say they'll do things, they don't. The company thinks it's normal to have people's rings for 4 weeks for simple fixes. Once they have your ring, you have no way of knowing the status or anything. People need to know before they purchase that the company will take your ring for 4+ weeks anytime you need anything and not give you any updates. Nobody from customer service follows through on what they're saying. In the last 3 days I spoke with 9 different people, all of whom told me different things. After a lot of back and forth, I asked them to cancel the "repair request," which was simply to add sizing beads because my ring didn't fit right. They promised to send it back overnight. They did not. I'm still waiting for my ring. I dropped it off on 10/20. It's 11/3 and I have no ring and am awaiting a ring to arrive that wasn't even fixed. They audacity of 8/9 customer service people, who promised to call me back with updates and never did.

E. Okuneva
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Since 2020, my now husband bought an engagement ring from Brilliant Earth and I couldn't be more pleased with my ring so we wanted our wedding bands from Brilliant Earth too. We did and the size of the ring that came was rather tight enough for my husband so we went to their office and had it resize without extra cost plus the engraving too. Thank you Brilliant Earth!

M. Feil
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a very good experience with brilliant earth. The selection of your Diamond and setting is easy with many choices. They promised delivery two weeks later and my delivery was on time. I opted to return the ring only to select a different setting. *** was extremely cooperative, told me the exchange would take three weeks and I had my ring back in 12 days. My experience was a very good experience.

Brilliant Earth If I could give this place zero stars, I would

If I could give this place zero stars, I would. My boyfriend ordered me an engagement ring and two wedding bands on August 1 with the anticipated arrival date of August 19. Mind, you, he spent close to $16k. The plan was us to leave for a beach vacation/babymoon on August 28 and for him to propose to me on the 29th - my birthday. He made this very clear to them. A few days after he ordered, he got a random call from someone at Brilliant Earth asking why he ordered a "loose diamond" and two bands. He immediately clarified and said he ordered a setting with a diamond and two bands. How did they screw that up? Fast forward - August 17, he gets a notice saying that the shipment will now arrive on August 24. Ok, fine, it's still enough time before we were planning on leaving for our trip on the 28th. On August 23, he gets another email saying it'll now arrive on August 27. On August 26, he gets ANOTHER email saying it'll now arrive on September 1 - past the 29th of his proposal date and past the 28th of when we were set to leave. So he cancelled the order since they haven't even started working on it! I cannot say enough to deter you from Brilliant Earth. They have zero regard for 1) The amount anyone pays for these pieces 2) The timeline (which was ordered in AMPLE time). Plus, their customer service is atrocious. Just awful. They assured him a refund today, but let's see if it even happens, because now the expected due date is September 2, OVER a month after he ordered. Local jewelers could have a ring done in 2 weeks, TOPS. Just don't use this company. Just shady.

Z
Z
Z. Gulgowski
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

First, the diamond I purchased was lost. I paid an incredible amount of money for something that THEY LOST. After picking a new one, this delayed my delivery by almost two weeks. The new diamond was more expensive but due to them losing the one I DID buy they were going to give me 200 off the new diamond. Someone told me it would only be an additional 600. After butting heads with the service rep, there mysteriously was an additional 200 in taxes added to the diamond price. So somehow they managed to charge me full price after they lost my original diamond. Their customer service is a joke. Free item? Thats a lie. I had to call a month after picking up my order to check on the status of my free pendant as it was supposed to be shipped directly to my house because they were out of stock. It had yet to ship. Then I got my tracking notice. After tracking it for a week, it never shipped. Called *** and they confirmed it had never been sent to them. Called BEs customer service and they asked for the tracking number and someone there said they could see it was in transit. They told me to just wait a few more days. When I asked for the estimated delivery date since she could see it as in transit, she said, It just says pending. Another lie. As I said, called *** directly and they confirmed it had never been sent to them. Then they figured out it was because it was shipped to their store and not my house. Well, after confirming my address for the third time, they then said I had to pay 125 in taxes for shipping since the delivery location had changed Not for the item nor the shipping, but taxes. I asked to speak to a manager and its going on three days and no call back. This company is a joke and incredibly shady. I will tell any and all to stay far away from this shady company.

L. Mills
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

a supervisor/manager with Brilliant Earth deserves to be recognized. After spending over 2 weeks with 4-5 staff not helping me, *** finally listened to my problem, realized it was not my fault and finally got a NEW ring made for me. I will get it next week. She was very kind & followed through with her word. I would never want to return to Brilliant before *** helped me. GIVE HER A RAISE. She deserves it!

A. Dicki
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The worst, most deceptive customer service practices I have ever had to deal with. We purchased our wedding rings and my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth a couple of years ago, and at the time, the sales people were helpful and great to work with. Now, I have brought my rings in for inspection and repair and they are refusing to return my rings to me. First, they gave us misinformation about the cost of the repair. Then, when I asked to just cancel the repair and send my jewelry back to me, they have completely refused. I have called and asked what the status is and every time its a different story about where my rings are and when they will be sent back. First it was we will overnight it Monday then Ivy Wednesday it was youll get the tracking information by the end of the day. Thursday evening, the repair team has to ship it to the shipping team who will ship it to you. The policy is 24 hours. Its been almost a week, and they refuse to return my rings and refuse to even address the issue. Its over $10,000 worth of jewelry they are refusing to send back.

J. Collins
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The products have been great. I bought the insurance and I'm glad I did as one of the accent stones fell off. The repair and replacement process was easy and once it was shipped back to us we were very satisfied. The rings were easy to design. The education provided about engagement rings both online and in person were exactly what I needed.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth WARNING: Just wanted to give a fair warning to anyone looking to make purchases online based on my experience

WARNING: Just wanted to give a fair warning to anyone looking to make purchases online based on my experience. I purchased a pair of diamond earrings and one week later i got an email about an update to my order and i needed to call their service line. I gave them a call and was told that one of my diamonds from the earring pair was now out of stock so wanted me to choose a replacement. I was not given any other option but had to choose a replacement and as everyone knows when we spend thousands of dollars on items you work hard to find the pair you like. I understood that something may be out of stock, but i did not think it was handled professionally so i decided to just cancel my order since there is no point if the company doesn't care, the diamond i wanted is out of stock, and no diamonds are similar to what i paid for. After i asked to cancel my order, I was told that "if i ever purchase from the company again, it would be final sale." It's funny how they advertise free 30 day returns but i am being told final sale if i try to purchase again on a mistake from their own company for an item being out of stock that i ordered. Just FYI for anything with the same problem in the future in case this is in fine print different from what they advertise! Also make sure to always check all emails from them very thoroughly, i was given different cost summaries for my order and when asked on the phone about it they tell me its not charged yet but have no intention of telling me the cost change of difference. Anyone that needs proof of anything stated above, please feel free to ask!

T. Greenholt
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Your product was arranged with a great presentation. I was very pleased.

L. Aufderhar
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Summary: Brilliant Earth returned the wrong ring twice after I sent a wedding ring to be resized. Unless rings are engraved, you will *** not receive the same ring you sent in.I scheduled an appointment to have my new spouses wedding ring resized. After waiting about 4 weeks, I received a completely different ring in the mail (right size, wrong style).I spoke with customer service and was told this never happens. We followed instructions to return the ring by mail to be inspected by the repair team, the same way you would if their ring was damaged. I left a note inside the package reiterating the correct details of the ring we ordered (ring style, metal, and size). I waited about a 1.5-2 weeks for the inspection to complete, then was prompted to schedule a call with the repair team. They agreed that the ring was wrong, confirmed the details of the correct ring, and confirmed that I would get the ring in the mail in about 1-2 weeks.Unfortunately, I received an incorrect ring for the second time (right style, wrong size). It is evident that the original ring I purchased and used for the wedding ceremony is lost and, while it *** eventually be replaced with another ring in the same style and size, will not be returned.

T. Kozey
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Horrible customer service and processing from start to finish. I brought my ring in to drop off at a location to get a simple halo diamond replaced.. this being only 1 year after receiving it. I waited weeks to hear back, had a phone appointment, was told I was going to have to pay $175 for their lousy ring falling apart after just a year. Finally we agreed it would be free of charge. Everything was set up to repair and they said it would be mailed back to me. Fast forward a few weeks and I hear nothing. I email to see whats going on, and they say they have the inspection notes to review with me! WHAT! It was supposed to be repaired! They said because it was under another name and number they hadnt moved on. Absolutely no accountability, no recollection or evidence of our phone call apparently that confirmed the repair. After asking to speak to a supervisor, I wait on hold only to be told there was no supervisor, and that they will call me tomorrow. Now I am waiting potentially a few more weeks just for a simple repair. Do not buy your ring here.

C. Botsford
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It was a nightmare experience. Their website is flawed, you cant rely on the slider that shows size approx to setting size. I received my cushion that disappeared because the diamond was literally set on top of it like a sandwich. It was hideous. I sent back in two days after finally getting ahold of someone that could help me know where to return it. I tried to work with them to fix. They held onto my ring for months finally I had enough and asked for a return they said nope been too long, even when promising I hadnt lost my opportunity to return. I was furious.False marketingshady business practices, and finally I received all money back through my credit card company. Thank goodness. They try to bribe you to not write bad reviews or do ANYTHING they can to get your reviews online removed, that is why some places only have all good reviews.more shady practice. They wont be here for the long term if they keep this up, thats for sure. BUYER BEWARE!

I
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth Do not buy your jewelry, at least diamonds, from this company

D

Brilliant Earth First, the diamond I purchased was lost

Brilliant Earth I have had multiple issues with this company

I have had multiple issues with this company. First I ordered my engagement ring and the woman on the phone put the order in and didnt mention the lifetime warranty. When I asked her about it I was told they would have to wait ***hrs to restart the order to be able to add it on. I was told I would be called back the next day @ 5pm for the issue to be fixed. Next day no call. When Called back I was then told the cancelling department went home for the day and would have to wait another day. Finally I was then able to order my ring with my diamond. Made payments over the coarse of 3-4 days to then be told the diamond I paid for was sold to someone else. I would have to pick another. I found a new diamond and paid the difference. Was told for my trouble they would rush my order to me because of my proposal date and also for their mistakes. Waited two weeks for my order to open it just to realize they sent me the wrong engagement band. They sent my diamond with the base model band not the deluxe band I had paid for. *** cant get a hold of a manager. Every time I call I end up on hold. Pushed on to the next person. No answers to my questions. Told that they are emailing the issues to the higher *** instead of calling. They have taken my money easily but cant provide me with solutions. Every time you call you have to reexplain the Issue at hand. Poor communication. At one point I was told to only pick diamonds with a code ending with a B because the other diamonds they dont have access to and come from other companies and could delay my order. I am beyond livid and have had enough. My proposal is in a few weeks and do not have an answer on when I can send them back their ring so I can receive my correct order. Again was told your shipping label will take *** hrs to generate.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth My fianc and I are located about half an hour away from Brilliant Earth in Georgetown

My fianc and I are located about half an hour away from Brilliant Earth in Georgetown. My ring was approximately $5,000. A few months after wearing my ring I noticed a small diamond on the halo was missing so we took it in, paid $150 for the repair, and received it back about a month later. On April 1st of this year I noticed another diamond was loose but hadn't fallen out yet so we took it in for the second time for repairs and again paid $150. Today is 4/29, about a month since dropping it off for the second repair, to pick up the ring. I put the ring on in the car and noticed the SAME stone was still loose! I don't understand how we paid $300 now in repairs and waited months for this to continue happening! I went back in with my fianc and asked the receptionist if we could please speak with the manager. I was told the manager was not in but that she was the next highest ranking associate we could speak with. I told him how unacceptable and upset we were to have this now happen a THIRD TIME. She told us we can apply the $150 from the second repair to now the third. This is completely unacceptable. I requested that the $150 be refunded and that this third repair be of no charge. She told me she couldn't do that but would ask her manager if a refund could be given and to have the ring expedited this time. I asked how this could have happened again and she said that the repair team probably only checked a couple of the diamonds and not all of them and plus, things get knocked around during the shipping process. I was shocked. How are we paying over $5000 for this kind of service, how is the team only checking a few of the diamonds and not all. I asked again "so you are telling me your team doesn't look at all the diamonds?", and she quickly corrected herself to say that they probably do check them all. I will never recommend Brilliant Earth to anyone and I don't expect to ever do business with them again. Not the quality this company advertises themselves to be.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth April 12, 2022 I visited the ** showroom and placed the order at the time of our visit

April 12, 2022 I visited the *** showroom and placed the order at the time of our visit . I received a confirmation email later that day and saw my order was incorrect. (Wrong metal and wrong stone) I called the next day to correct and was advised there was a glitch in the system and I was supposed to get a confirmation email for the changes. Two days later I called again because I didnt get a confirmation and was told to wait another 48 hours after they put in another request for changes. The following day I tried to call the showroom and they saw all my notes and assured me my request was in the system. A week later I called again after not getting any confirmations but this time the rep told me that this whole time no one had submitted the changes correctly and there were simply notes in my file. This time they were trying to charge me more money for the correction. I asked for a manager and contacted my original salesperson and I was told via email that because of the system error they would waive the pricing difference. That confirmation email was correct except they removed the lifetime extended warranty I had purchased. I quickly responded pointing it out and they agreed to put it back on but then I was asked to pay the balance. I had paid for the ring with warranty in full on my appointment day so I should not be paying more. I made more calls and emailed attaching my original confirmation that showed I had paid for the warranty upfront and also forwarded the email from a manager confirming that I would not be charged more for their system error. After not hearing back, I called once again and I was told that the request to waive the balance was denied! I lost track of how many times I called and emailed to get this straightened out. I sadly had to cancel this order April 20th after losing faith in their word and experiencing terrible service It has been a week since I canceled & have not received my refund. I am now disputing with my credit card. Stay away

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brilliant Earth Critical: Professionalism, Responsiveness Absolute nightmare from start to finish

Critical: Professionalism, Responsiveness Absolute nightmare from start to finish. Went to Brilliant Earth to pick out an engagement ring for my Fianc, I made it very clear to the sales rep that I would not buy a ring unless it could arrive before our trip (where I would propose), was assured by the sales person that it would be available for pickup in their showroom in time (which was supposed to be on a Tuesday). Heres the kicker though, the showroom isnt even open on Tuesdays! The sales woman flat out lied to me in order to make a sale.Long story short, I couldnt pick up the ring before we left for our trip and support was massively unhelpful. Ended up having to get the ring overnighted to where we were staying (at quite a great cost which I paid). The manager of the Portland showroom assured me the card I used to purchase the ring would be credited to cover the cost of shipping I paid out of my pocketand guess what? He completely lied too. Apparently brilliant earth does not credit cards with 3rd party shipping.They will lie to you repeatedly and are next to impossible to get a hold of if anything goes wrong. You cant even directly call into a showroom, they hide behind a *** number and a chat feature. Incredibly shady business practices, please avoid this place like the plague if youre considering any big purchases.Im honestly amazed at the lack of professionalism and complete disregard for integrity that this company shows toward their customers. I warn you again: stay away from this place! I cant find one positive thing working with them.Bonus Story:After finally getting the ring we went in for a resize, hoping to get some insight on how the ring should fit, feel, etc... and they were completely unhelpful. The guy working behind the counter actually said that there really "wasn't any difference" between a size 5 or a size 4. Going to any reputable jeweler you'll immediately find out how flat out wrong this is. Just another example of how clueless and unprofessional this company is.

Brilliant Earth In-depth Review

In summary, Brilliant Earth is a company that stands out for its commitment to sustainability and ethical jewelry practices. Their product range is diverse, and they offer a unique shopping experience with a focus on customer satisfaction. While prices may be higher than some competitors, the value for money is evident in their quality and ethical standards. Now, let us delve into the details.

Company Overview

Brilliant Earth has established itself with a strong mission and values centered around ethical sourcing and environmental responsibility. Their reputation in the industry is notable for their commitment to providing conflict-free diamonds and jewelry.

Product Range

1. Brilliant Earth offers a wide variety of jewelry, including engagement rings, wedding bands, and fine jewelry.
  2. The selection of precious metals and gemstones is extensive, with options for recycled or responsibly mined materials.
  3. Customization options are available, allowing customers to create unique pieces tailored to their preferences.

Sustainability and Ethical Practices

1. The sourcing of materials is a key focus, with Brilliant Earth providing transparent information about the origins of their gemstones and metals.
  2. They strive to minimize environmental impact through the use of recycled materials and responsible mining practices.
  3. Fair labor practices are important to the company, ensuring that workers are treated ethically throughout their supply chain.

Design and Craftsmanship

1. The quality of materials used by Brilliant Earth is high, with a commitment to durability and ethical sourcing.
  2. Designs are artistic and unique, catering to a range of styles and preferences.
  3. Durability and maintenance information is provided to help customers care for their jewelry over time.

Shopping Experience

1. Website navigation is user-friendly, making online shopping a breeze for customers worldwide.
  2. Customer service is attentive, with support available for inquiries and assistance.
  3. Showrooms and physical stores are present in select locations, offering a tangible experience for those who prefer it.

Pricing and Value

1. Price range varies, with options for different budgets, though generally on the higher end due to the quality and ethical standards.
  2. Financing and payment options are available, providing flexibility for customers.
  3. The value for money is reflected in the company's commitment to quality and ethical practices.

Customer Reviews and Testimonials

1. Customer satisfaction rates are generally high, with many praising the company's ethical approach and quality of products.
  2. After-purchase service includes a warranty, ensuring peace of mind for customers.
  3. Resolution of complaints and returns is handled with attention to customer care, although individual experiences may vary.

Education and Resources

1. Jewelry education and buying guides are provided, helping customers make informed decisions.
  2. Resources for engagement and wedding planning are available, adding value for those in the market for these items.
  3. The blog and social media engagement offer insights into trends and new collections.

Shipping and Delivery

1. Both domestic and international shipping options are offered, catering to a global customer base.
  2. Packaging is elegant and secure, reflecting the brand's premium positioning.
  3. Delivery times and tracking are provided, ensuring customers are informed throughout the shipping process.

Return and Exchange Policy

1. A clear return period and conditions are outlined, offering transparency to customers.
  2. The exchange process is straightforward, with support from customer service if needed.
  3. Refunds and credits are processed in accordance with the company's policy, with customer satisfaction in mind.

Community Involvement and Social Responsibility

1. Brilliant Earth engages in charitable initiatives, demonstrating their commitment to social responsibility.
  2. Partnerships and collaborations with various organizations further their impact on communities.
  3. The company's efforts have a positive impact on both local and global communities, aligning with their ethical mission.

Awards and Recognition

1. Brilliant Earth has received industry awards and accolades, highlighting their excellence in jewelry and ethical practices.
  2. Certifications and endorsements from reputable organizations back their claims of sustainability and ethical sourcing.
  3. Press and media coverage have featured the company, spreading awareness of their mission and products.

Future Outlook

1. New collections and product launches are anticipated, keeping the brand fresh and relevant.
  2. Expansion plans may include new showrooms or entering new markets, broadening their reach.
  3. Innovations and market trends are closely followed, ensuring the company remains at the forefront of the industry.

Final Verdict

1. Pros include a strong commitment to ethical practices, high-quality materials, and unique designs. Cons may be higher prices and limited physical store presence.
  2. Recommendations would favor those who prioritize ethical sourcing and sustainability in their jewelry purchases.
  3. Overall, Brilliant Earth receives a positive rating for their dedication to ethical practices, quality products, and customer service.
How to file a complaint about Brilliant Earth?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint or review about Brilliant Earth on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have a ComplaintsBoard.com account, log in using your credentials. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with Brilliant Earth in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Brilliant Earth. Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, etc.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses incurred and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint or review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps carefully to effectively file your complaint or review about Brilliant Earth on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Brilliant Earth customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 691-0952 +1 415-200-2919 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Brilliant Earth?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brilliant Earth Customer Service. Initial Brilliant Earth complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brilliant Earth above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brilliant Earth. Discuss the issues you have had with Brilliant Earth and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.