Complaints & Reviews

diamond tennis bracelet

I purchased a diamond tennis bracelet on 11-19-2019 based on the information provided by one of Symphony of the Seas directors regarding diamond purchases on the island. It wa...

engagement ring

I am going through a similar situation. I can't get them to work with us. It's been 4 months and we have a ring we can't wear and making payments on it. They are a complete scam. Who have you dealt with? I have been talking to royal media and Silvia at DI. They are completely useless and they scammed us big time. I would love to chat with you more and see what we can do.

We should start a Facebook page about them. I know they have ripped so many people off. They don't seem to care if we make a stink either. I have also contacted a ton of local news people in Florida and the statewide ones. I think if we can even start a petition it will help.

I just started this group. I'd like to get our stories together and get them posted. https://www.facebook.com/groups/524685658367021/

• Mi
    Mimi_8 Nov 06, 2019

I have dealt with Michelle, and she has also been useless. We are thinking about just hiring a lawyer to take care of this matter. I would rather pay a lawyer than pay over $7500.00 to the company who are scammers.

jewelry

On 8-27-18 My husband and I purchased jewelry from DI in Cozumel Mexico. We financed $7400.00. We got back home and immediately had jewelry appraised. It appraised for $3300.00...

fraudulent sale

To Whom it may concern,

I have been dealing with emails from your company since July and your service has been appalling. I do not ever believe a full investigation has taken place. I have had weak emails that have never had any substantial evidence and I am now ready to take this to any level I can untill i receive a full refund and my diamond rings back.

We arrived in Ketichan on 8th July at diamonds international. My husband had been looking to but me a special gift for our anniversary. Initially when being shown around the saleswoman tried to show me diamonds worth $20, 000 and I said to them that is completely out of my price range and I'm not interested. After a few discussions they had commented on my diamonds rings so I decided to get a price for trade in. I explained I needed to wait for my husband as I didn't have my glasses with me.

A male salesman then took over. He offered me a price of $2, 670 for one ring and $1000 for another ring trade in value. He then showed me a ring and discussed how he could accept a trade in for the ring. He showed me a few options and explained the solitaire was a cheaper option. With my trade in he said he could give me a good deal. He showed me a ring that I liked then he wrote the remaining figure down as $1, 369 after my trade in. My husband then arrived and at this point and he came to take a look at the price. I asked if this was the total for all as they had to resize the ring. I specifically said so the total is one thousand three hundred and sixty nine pounds. They replied 'yes' that's your final bill after trade in. My husband confirmed it as I had explained I didn't have my glasses with me. I went outside with my husband to discuss this and he was going to go back to the ship to get the cash. I told him I would just buy it on my credit card and he could save the cash for the holiday as this was only our first day. I went back in and they asked me to sign the documents. I explained I didn't have my glasses so asked them to explain all documents. I had to sign to accept the trade in price for my rings and then to add the remaining amount. I could just about see the numbers and I asked someone to check that I wasn't signing for any other amount. They confirmed that I was only signing what we had discussed 1, 369. I informed them I had to rush back to the boat as it would be leaving in a short while. They said they would email me the receipt to me. They then packed up the diamonds and paperwork in a parcel for me. We left the shop and boarded the cruise where I checked my diamond ring and placed it in a safe for the remainder of the holiday and continued my trip across America with my family.

On 24th July I purchased a small item and my credit card sent me a text message to alert me that I have used more than 90% of my limit. As soon as this happened I said to my husband this must be a scam text as I have 13, 900 english (pound) in my account.

I was travelling home the next day and received my credit card bill to which I found diamonds international had taken $13, 900. I then checked the paperwork with my diamonds which I couldn't make any sense of due to all of amendments and alterations with added writing on the copy version. I rang my credit card company as soon as I have seen this to check it was correct as I still couldn't quite believe it. They had said I need to call diamonds international as this was payment was correct. I called the USA number of diamonds international on 27th July. He took all my details and said someone would call me back but they don't work Saturday or Sunday. I then tried to find the email receipt so I could check what this says and I couldn't find it.

The next time I heard from diamonds international was when a lady named Melanie called. She apologised for it all and asked for me to send all documentation to her. I explained I hadn't received the email so she told me she would forward this on. Only when I seen this receipt did I actually see the full cost of the ring they had charged me for $17, 730. She assured me my diamonds were safe at this time and would be while she investigated. She informed for she would do a report and I asked her to check video recording and conversations that took place on the day. I passed this over to my daughter I was physically too sick to deal with this being a victim of fraud. My daughter sent numerous emails back and forth asking for a full investigation including camera checks. Every email that was sent from our end it would take almost 7 days for a reply. Melanie then said she would pass this to head office as it was a complex case. In the meantime she reassured me my diamonds are safe while investigation continues. My daughter emailed her again for approximately two weeks asking on updates and she said due to it being a complex case it will take a while. We eventually got a reply 3 weeks later saying they have completed an investigation (with no details on what exactly they have looked into) and stated they do not give refunds at all as a company and they offered us a credit voucher to use for future purchase in their shop!

The appraisal of the ring also showed that it was estimated at least 3 times the value of what I thought I was paying but it turns out I have paid the same as the appraisal price which is clearly something no one would be stupid enough to do. We have given your company every opportunity to put this right. I can only hope now you can help me in dealing with this. I am currently dealing with a solicitor and have refrained from sharing my story on social media sites for now. I would like a full refund and return of my diamonds for return of the ring i purchased. I need a the CEO of diamonds international to take on this case with immediate priority.

Shirley Spendlove Dawber.

diamond engagement ring

I am taking diamonds international to the BBB if I cannot get a resolution within the next 24 hours because I feel like you only care about your customers when the purchase is made and then treat them horribly and heartlessly with any concern thereafter.

Diamonds international is a horrible company with horrible customer service, they lie directly to your face saying they are selling you quality diamonds and jewelry in which will break or stones will fall out within 5-6 months. I purchased a ring from your company on May 23rd of this year, when we the store we were told by the sales woman that this was a 3.5 carat ring, when we got back on the ship because we purchased a few hours before we were leaving we looked at what she wrote on the paperwork and it said 1.95 carats, I was told there was a 30 return policy and when i contacted the company they said there was no such thing so i was blatantly lied to when I made my purchase it has now been sent back once because two weeks after having it the diamond cracked and now I received it back 2-3 weeks ago and now a diamond has fallen out. This is absolutely ridiculous! I want to fully return and receive a full refund on my diamond because this is a damaged/ defective diamond ring which i was denied and told only store credit could be given, in which MANY horrible reviews on the BBB customers were provided a full refund. I'm VERY aggravated and disappointed in this company and i have gone to the BBB. I have had to push my wedding back 2 times now because my ring was broken and then my ring was not received back in a timely manner so it did not make it back for my wedding. I have to now push back my wedding because diamonds are falling out. I need to get a full refund NOT store credit.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Oct 17, 2019

For questions concerning your Diamonds International in-store purchase, you should call 1-800-515-3935 or email us at [email protected] Assistance is available Monday-Thursday from 9am until 6pm (EST) and on Fridays from 9am-4pm (EST).

crown of light rip off in cozumel

I too am an unhappy customer of theirs. They were suppose to hold my COL necklace locked in their store case while we were gone for a few hours. When we got back, the necklace wa...

crown of light diamond ring

I went into the store in Belize with the intent of looking for a pair of earings... Ipicked out a pair of earings that the store valued at $2700. but after my credit was checked, I was taken into the back room and told I could not qualify for that much credit... Long story cut short, thru bait and switch, I am on the hook for a ring that the store valued at $12, 000.00. Like so many others, when I had it appraised, it appraised for $800.00, even the paper work that I have is two different total karet weight and center diamond is different sizes, neither of which is the correct size.
Diamonds Int. solution was to send me a gift certificate in the amount of $500.00 to be used in one of their stores.

DiamondsInternational.com — unethical behavior

I recently contacted Jairo at Diamonds international regarding an item I need to return because of a hardship that has come up. He was of no help to me an acted as though he wa...

ring does not appraise

I recently purchased a diamond ring on a Royal Carribean cruise in St. Kitts with the help of Royal Carribean personal shopping experts on board the Allure of the Sea ( Mike & Megan). Mike met me at Diamonds International and was very helpful with my trade in diamond ring and purchasing a larger diamond.
Unfortunately, I had the ring appraised and it is not worth what I purchased the ring for. The ring in the store had a price of $58, 000 but the appraisal said the ring was worth only $27, 800. I paid $37, 377. There is a $9577 difference. I called Diamonds International customer service number to tell them my ring did not appraise, and Pamela J called me back within a day, to ask me to send them the appraisal, in which I did so. I was told I would hear back from them within 72 hours---in which they would only offer me a partial refund of $4, 000 and a gift certificate of $3650. I left messages again on Friday and Monday, along with numerous email to find out what my other options are, but I have not recieved any correspondance back from Pamela nor anyone else---this is very poor customer service. I am within the 30 days. I would like for Diamonds International to refund me the difference between the appraisal and what I paid ($9577)---But no gift certificate. I have placed a complaint with Royal Carribbean especially since their shopping expert promoted Diamonds International. This entire shopping adventure is Extremely disappointing especially since I made this purchase through Royal Carribbean's preferred shopping store.

turtle pendant

I would like to return my pendent that I bought in Ratan on May 25th 2019. I had bought two watches that day and would like to keep them. However, I felt pressured into buying the pendent and signed up on your credit card.
I am a widow and retired and really cannot afford the turtle pendent. I would like to return the item. ASAP
I have called the card company to get this resolved and have not heard anything yet. The person I talked to is Leslie and have called three times so far.

purchases of jewelry

Cozumel Mexico manager name Nick Jetley...he scammed me and my mother out of total amount $$40, 000 for bad defected items. Very disappointed this shoul not happen to honest people and elderly.i want to have your owner /manager/supervisor to contact me I will not honor this scammer and will take it to higher steps if needed. Thank you my email [protected]@yahoo.com////[protected]

crown of light diamond

We purchased a Crown of Light Diamond from DI in Cabo San Lucas on 2/19th, 2019. They took my ring that I had purchased from DI in Alaska 5 years as a trade in we originally paid $6, 700.00 for and charged us another $6, 500.000. When I got home, I had the ring appraised and the Gemologist said that they could not appraise the ring because it was O in color and their book only goes to an M. With that said the same ring with a M color would only be $3, 200.00. DI said I have to take it to their appraisers as it is unique to them and their own cut, and a regular Gemologist can not value it. I am not sure how DI can put a price on a cut. I tried working with DI for an exchange and they came back with another ring, that we would need to pay another $11, 000.00, for a total of $26, 000.00. When I spoke to the gemologist, she advised that the ring if it was a GIA rated, which it wasn't, it was an EGL was only worth $11, 000.00. We were on a Carnival Cruise, and the Carnival Cruise Shopping Guide said it was a good value. We believed him. They gave us a American Gem Society Diamond Quality Report, that only shows what the diamond is, not an appraised value. When I reached out to the lab, they said they only offer reports, not appraised amounts. I am unable to attach copies of the emails correspondence back and forth.

madiera007 Oct 27, 2019

The whole "Appraisal"thing on a crown of lights diamond is a scam! My jeweler told me that since the col diamond is a "paten specialty cut"of theirs, they have to appraise it at what their info they get from DI says its worth, regardless of how bad the diamond is!! Can you say RIP OFF?

tanzanite and diamond ring

Purchase a tanzanite and diamond ring from Diamonds International - in Turks and Caicos store. When it was appraised it was $2888.00 lest than price charged. It was purchased as an investment. However by the time I pay 40% more than appraisal price - well you get the point. I have tried numerous times to contact my ‘service representative - Jairo' without success. All I ever get is voice mail asking to please return my call. I am willing to pay the appraised price but really 40% over appraisal is fraudulent. After reading the horror stories it appears this is common practice with Diamonds International. All I am asking is to be credited for the over charge.

pricing, unethical behavior.

We were on a cruise and stopped in St Maarten. We went to the DI store as recommended by the onboard shopping advisors. The advisors were with us the entire time and helped my...

santa barbara golf and ocean club

We stayed at Santa Barbara on 21.07.18 for 8 days. The concierge telephone me at home and asked if we had any requests before we arrive. We requested firstly a sea view, second a...

unethical behaviour

our cruise ship the Disney Dream sailed from Port Canaveral June 1st 2018
we sailed to Nassau Bahamas arriving there Sunday morning.
while at sea we watched the on board TV, they had a nice show about Diamonds.
I watched enthralled by the opportunity to buy Diamonds at a significantly discounted rate. I thought it might turn into a business opportunity.
so I went to the meetings on the boat, and met the people from PPI.
I thought they worked for Disney, being on the boat, and TV
when we got to Nassau, I was excited to go and try my new skills they 'taught' us.

return policy and interest free for a year.

We stopped in to look at a diamond for my wife and all was going fine so far. Then we got the high pressure pitch to buy a bracelet and then earrings then a watch.in total we...

refund promised and false advertising!

diamond ring quality and customer service

I am writing with concerns over your customer service.. And quality of product.. I purchased a ring on a cruise for my anniversary. 3 month later it broke, it was sent back and...

fraud - statement of value does not match price on the invoice

I made a purchase in st. Maarten at diamonds international for a bracelet. I spent a lot of time in the store and found myself rushing to get to my excursion and then after my...

poor quality jewelry and the company does not stand behind their products.

On a Disney Cruise I visited the St. Kitts Diamond International store and proceeded to buy over $2000 in jewelry .based on the recommendation of Disney's Diamond and gemstone consultant. Within six months of purchase all items are broken and due to poor design quality can not be repaired. Diamond International gives a 30 days warranty. That's because that's how long it takes for this garbage jewelry to break. My Jeweler thought due to the size of this company they should stand behind their product. THEY DO NOT. BUYER BEWARE!!!

tanzanite bracelet I was pressured to purchase

3335 On January 18, 2018, while visiting Costa Maya via the RC Liberty of the Seas, my friend and I went in to Diamonds International to just look around. My friend walked out spending...

not diamond that was presented

In November 2017, My wife and I went into the Diamonds International store in Cozumel while on a cruise. We saw a men's ring that had a blue diamond and loved it. The sale...

diamond

We went to diamonds international after the sales pitch on ship.the stone they sold me was not what asked for. I am not a jailer person but when return to states we found out...

tanzanite bracelet

I went into the Diamonds International store in Juneau, Alaska on September 7, 2017. I was on a Holland America Cruise. I have purchased jewelry from DI for 20 years and never had a problem. I went into store to buy Tanzanite earrings. I was shown everything but earrings. Sales person was very pushy. I ended up buying a 40 karat Tanzanite bracelet. The bracelet was too big, so sales person offered to have 2 stones removed and made into stud earrings. I really do not like stud earrings, but since the offer was made, I agreed. I asked that the earrings be set in 14 k yellow gold. I also had a pendant made. This was a rush job because we had to board ship, but was assured there would be no problem. When I returned to ship, examined earrings and pendent and the workmanship was very poorly done. The gold was odd color and dull. I did report to representative on ship. She told me to contact DI directly when I got home. When I returned home, I took the tanzanites to be appraised. The jeweler called to tell me that earrings and pendant are set in silver and gold plated. I have had to have them set in real gold. I feel like this was misrepresented to me. I am still waiting on appraisal for bracelet. This was a very disappointing experience since I have always received such excellent service from DI. This bracelet was 8700.00. The pieces I have purchased in past have not been inexpensive. My previous purchase was a diamond bracelet that I paid 10, 000.00 for. Appraisal for it was well above that price. I would greatly appreciate any help that you can give me on this matter.
Sincerely,
Teresa Hare
5128 Trace Crossings Drive
Hoover, AL 35244
[protected]

rolex design/crown of light mens diamond ring - stone fell out

On our honeymoon cruise on Royal Caribbean, April 2016, we made purchases at Diamonds International. Of course the Royal Caribbean buying guide was at the store with us, and...

.95 ct. emerald cut engagement ring

We purchased a diamond ring from roatan diamonds international while on a cruise with royal caribbean cruise lines, everything that could go wrong did, from start to finish. First, the sales specialist was supposed to get the ring to us on the ship as it was being sized, 2 days later we received it. When we were off the ship, in tampa, the $6, 500.00 emerald cut diamond just fell out! Thankfully I heard it hit the counter, very disappointing, we arrived back home to "deal" with the situation, and that is when the company showed their true colors! The hack job they did was juts heart breaking, the prongs to hold the stone were clearly hacked at, and ground down, too small to harbor the stone. We sent it in to be changed out, a month later, with no communication from their end, we got a different ring back, same center stone, but different setting entirely, our jeweler, was as dumbfounded as us. The settings multiple diamonds were much, much smaller, and the original ring weighed 3.97 grams, the new one weighed 2.85 grams. They sent the different ring with the same prongs as the old one. The center stone was loose again, crooked, and they offered us $400.00. They sucked any enjoyment out of what was to be the most exciting thing in a girls life! This was on march 6th 2017. The company does not stand by the product, and is a scam! Buyer beware!

diamond ring

My fiancé and I just got back from a cruise. We purchased a ring from DI. We were leaning toward a smaller less expensive ring than we purchased. I felt like we were taken advantage of while we were there. The seller kept giving us "the local beer" and then talked us into the more expensive ring. I told him at least once that I did not want another drink...and he replied "oh why not...you're on vacation". I am NOT at all happy with my purchase and the fact that he "got us buzzed" and sold us a ring we cannot afford the monthly payments.

earrings

Wanted to return the earrings, and filed disputes with credit card and nothing helped me, I could not get my money back after returning the diamond earrings. Stating no refund...

crown of light

Diamond purchase from Diamonds International Store # 953 in Grand Cayman on May 25, 2017.
Carnival Cruise Line Ship Breeze (May21-28)

My husband bought me a new wedding ring set on the day of our 21st wedding anniversary while on our vacation in Grand Cayman. We experienced some problems with the purchase & have been trying to handle this directly with Diamonds International and Carnival Cruise Line. Carnival has forwarded our case to Onboard Media representative Nadine Winter, who is the Customer Relations Manager and deals directly with Diamonds International. She has put us in touch with Diamond International’s representative; Kerry Clare.

We communicated the problems about our purchase immediately after returning to the ship and reading through the paperwork. We did not read through any of the paperwork until we got back to the ship as we were about to miss the last boat taking us back. Carnival Cruise Line’s employee stayed behind & held the last boat going back to the ship to ensure that we did not miss the ships departure. When we got back to the ship, we noticed that the stone itself had more yellow in the color than the stone we had expressed interest in before the stone was set in the ring. We read through the contract and paperwork and found that the contract conflicted with everything we were promised when we purchased this ring. The sales person wrote up the contract and placed a written appraised value on the contract and had the stone set in the ring while we went to purchase a couple souvenirs from a nearby store as we were running out of time. Ms. Buxani, store manager & the sales woman said that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to invest in a stone that is priced well under its appraised value of $110, 000 in the U.S.A. She promised to put this value in writing but only wrote a value of $69, 000.
Due to the conflicts in what we were promised verses what was in writing on the appraisals, receipt contract, and the stone being slightly yellow, we felt very uneasy about the entire purchase and decided that we wanted to cancel the transaction. The next day, we tried to cancel our contract and return the purchase within 24 hours at D.I.’s Cozumel store. The manager of the Cozumel store, refused the return of the ring and stated that we must deal with the return directly with D.I. Corporate offices in New York upon returning home.
Carnival Cruise Lines shopping expert, Kelvin met us at the Cozumel store and is a witness to the problem and knows that we intended to return the ring that day. The only thing that we accomplished was that we did get the Cozumel store manager to contact Ms. Buxani and have her email the letter with the promised written guarantee of value. However, Ms. Buxani did not put the promised $110, 000 value that she and her sales person verbally guaranteed to us in the store. She did write a guarantee of value in the amount of $80, 000. The very reason we asked for the letter to be faxed or emailed to the Cozumel store before we left Cozumel was to clarify in writing the things we were promised at the time of purchase in the Grand Cayman store. We were promised this would be included in writing in the paperwork handed to us with receipts and appraisals, but was not. There was nothing written up until we insisted on getting something in writing before leaving Cozumel.

After corresponding with Kerry Clare about what happened and that we would like to acquire return instructions, we were emailed a response implying that we are lying. We feel that this is not only extremely unprofessional, but feel that D.I. has shown unethical business practices. D.I. has refused to take the ring set back unless we take the ring to “their” specially trained appraisers who work directly with them and has been trained by D.I. on how to evaluate, grade and place a value on their Crown of Light stones in the U.S. They stated that the only allowance they would honor for us to cancel our contract was if the value does not come in at a minimum of $80, 000 by their trained appraiser since we were able to get the letter we insisted on before leaving Cozumel. We feel that requiring us to take the stone for appraisal by D.I.’s appraiser is a conflict of interest. We do not want the ring and do not feel that we should have to pay for an appraisal as we have the right under the 72 hour FTC Cooling Off Rule to cancel this transaction and return the ring set. However, we have consulted with an Attorney who is handling a class-action case against Diamonds International and they recommended that we go through with an appraisal by a highly respected and recommended GIA certified appraiser in our area to prove that the stone is over-graded. We had the ring appraised and the value came in at $28, 500. This appraiser was a certified and highly recommended GIA appraiser and is the third party to value the ring at between $26-29, 000 since returning home.

Immediately upon our return home, we tried to enact the FTC Cooling-Off Rule but D.I. refuses to take the ring back. We have sent letters by Certified Mail to both Diamond’s International and Comenity Capitol Bank, their finance company out of Columbus, OH, to cancel the contract and to ask D.I. for return instructions.

Last but certainly not least; We trusted that our purchase was secure as Carnival Cruise Line’s shopping expert not only promotes Diamonds International as one of the best locations for unbeatable deals on quality diamonds, but also warns against shopping at other stores; telling us that the 925 sterling silver stamped jewelry in some of the stores at the ports on the islands we visited are in fact counterfeit. Therefore, making us believe that we should listen to Carnival’s advice and only shop where they tell us to in order to be safe from scams. We feel that Carnival Cruise Line should certainly take some of the responsibility of the problem and certainly should be helping us to resolve the matter.

a diamond ring

Dear sir madam We are customers of DI since 2007. We bought four rings between 2007, 2010 and now we bought 2 more rings June 23rd 2017 keywest. The manager said its 18k white...

ring

I bought ring for $6, 000 and was hesustant about weight of it on my finger. I was told and reassured I could return it in 30 days .I called 2 days later and told them I couldn't...

di twin band diamond ring

Purchased a diamond ring in Dominica whilst on a Celebrity cruise. Mercedes the sales person couldn't have been friendlier, telling us about her recent wedding. We negotiated a good price, and after the ring was checked by manager, happily left the store. Then the fun started, on returning to the UK, noticed a diamond had fallen out, contacted DI who said they would pay for repair as no refund possible. My jeweller said that diamonds were loose and others crooked in mounts. To cut a long story short, my credit card resolved the issue and we were refunded as in UK law. NOW, after 6 months I still have the ring as DI show no interest in picking it up!! The whole thing is bizarre.

• Le
    Letty Estevill Aug 23, 2019

what is the UK law that resolved your credit? and what was your credit issue to begin with?
    I don't understand the comment.

Tanzanite international — a trident "tanzanite" pendant

In February 2014, while on vacation on Independence of the Seas, my husband, son and I went into the Tanzanite International located in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten, where I...

di - overpriced and unfortunately overpaid for jewelry set; ripped off.

We purchased two pieces in St. Thomas at DI and then three matching pieces at St. Maarten DI in March 2017. Immediately upon returning home, took jewelry to local appraiser as we...

diamond ring

My wife and I purchased a 1.11 carat diamond and a setting for $17, 000 on Monday April 10th, 2017.
Today, April 18th, 2017, we noticed that one of the diamond stones on the band has already fallen out.

Extremely disappointed with the quality of workmanship and now I am dreading the horrid customer service experience that is to come.

The cruise lines should be humiliated by their partnerships with Diamonds International.

diamond international extreme pressure to sell.

My husband and 2 other couples went to a presentation for Diamond international to consider purchasing their " time share" which they said wasn't a time share. We listened to...

unethical behavior, sold me "chocolate" diamond that is not what told it was.

3/29/2017, was sold diamond ring 4g84901-03880, stated to be light brown color. agent knew what I wanted to hear and that was what I was told, ring is obviously clear in color...

diamond ring

Do not spend your money here! Last June I purchased a new setting for my 15 year old engagement ring at Diamonds International in the Bahamas. A couple weeks ago (9 months later...

DiamondsInternational.com — Customer service

Please do not order anything from them on line. Once they get your money you cant speak to anyone to get status on shipping. I ordered a beautiful $700 necklace. Placed the order...