Jewelry Televisionbad diamonds and gems

Several times (im a slow learner) I have purchaed rings from jtv which look absolutely beautiful on the screen and then when I receive them they are junk... The stones are cracked... Poor color, occluded etc. I think they put the good ones on the tv and then send out the junky ones. I will never buy another thing from them.

• Mi
    mike Jan 28, 2009

Hello All,

Jewelry T.V. is a scam company 1I have only been shopping since july of 2008 and it is now january 26th 1
    THESE GUYS ARE RIP-OFFS THEY SHOW YOU ONE THING ON T.V AND CON YOU INTO BUYING THERE CRAP! DONT BUY FROM J. T.V. ! PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AS I HAVE SPENT 3000 DOLLARS SINCE JULY 2008 AND THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING STUFF LIKE THIS IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN, WAIT TIL IT ARRIVES AT YOUR MAILBOX ! YOU WONT BE HAPPY.I AM GLAD I LOOKED THIS UP.I WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THE CROOKS AND CONS BEFORE JULY 2008 I JUST GOT A PARCEL ! THEY SAID THIS IS THE BEST PARCEL OF MIXED GEMS THEY HAVE EVER SEEN THEY SOLD OVER 200, 000 THOUSAND OF THESE PARCELS AND I GOT ONE OF THEM IT WAS CLOSE TO THE WORST PARCEL, I HAVE EVER SEEN.WHAT THEY SHOW YOU IS NOT, AND THERE ARE I BET SOMEONE FROM J.TV WROTE IT IN AS FOR ME AND MANY OTHERS WROTE BAD REVIEWS.I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSSINESS.TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ALL US GULIBLE PEOPLE.DONT EVEN WASTE YOU TIME WATCHING AS IT LOOKS GOOD BUT ITS LIKE A CON JOB AND THEY CONNED ME ! BUT NOT ANY MORE ALL THERE PARCELS, THEY SAQY MAY NOT LOOK LIKE THIS AND THAT IS HOW THEY PROTECT THEM SELFS AS THEY HAVE LOST AT LEAST ONE LAWSUIT FOR 5 MILLION. PEOPLE LIKE DAWN WHO SEEMS INOCENT TO ALL OF THEM THEY SHOULD GO GET A JOB A GENERAL MOTORS AS THEY ARE GOOD CON MEN & WOMEN DOWN TO THE LAST ONE OF THEM! I PROMISE YOU I AM LOOKING INTO SUEING THEM MYSELF, BUT I AM ON S.S.I. DISABILTY AND CANT AFORD IT SO I JUST WANT ALL YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY WITH J. TV GARENTEED, EVEN THOUGH THEY OFFER A REFUND ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE TOO LAZY TO SEND IT BACK, WELL NOT ME AND I AM THROUGH WITH THEM AS OF NOW.SURE GLAD I HAVE MANY CHANNELS TO WATCH.I WILL BLOCK CHANNEL 313 FROM MY DIREC.
    T TV ! AS I HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALLITY AND AM GULIBLE.I JUST GOT TO FORGET THEM LIKE A BAD HABIT.I TELL YOU TRUE.PLEASE DONT GET SUCKLERED IN WITH THERE HYPE AS I DID JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL AND WATCH RERUNS OR ANYTHING BUT JEWELRY ON THE T.V OR ON THE NET !LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES, PLEASE

SINCERLY, MIKE IN CALIFORNIA

• Is
    Isabella Miram Mar 15, 2009

I am being scammed by an amount of $170.00 It's not the world for some, but I am a senior living on a fixed, limited income.
    I purchased a 'diamond' ring 1/2 k, so it said in a size 8.
    Nest thing I know, I receice the parcel with the ring. I did not particularly like it. They give you 30 days to return the merchandise.
    When I got ready to return it the same day, I noticed on the order confirmation invoice that it was '''SIZED' and "NON RETURNABLE'
    WHAT? I never ask them to size it. They never told me that they would size it nor was I told that the purchase was not refundable or exchangable.
    Several e-mail correspondcen and phone calls later, I was told to contact their Customer Care Management.
    So far I don't have a ring nor a credit on my aacount.
    The merchandise they have is made in India and of poor quality.
    It's inexpensive and too good to be true. So that's what is being said" If it's too good to be true .. you know the rest.
    The issue I have: I did not ask for sizing. Also I would never order anything that is 'non-refundable'
    Jewelry Television could easy give me a credit as they sell so much on-line on their auctions.
    It's a matter of principles and integrity.

ANGELEYES Apr 30, 2009

Hey guys I HEAR YOU. I have shopped with them for 6+ yrs, I ordered a parcel one time all the stones were accent stones, chipped, broken, etc. NEVER ORDERED THEM AGAIN. I have gotten some decent stuff, but you must be careful. I would never buy anything over $100.00 from them. Just recently I have been having way to many bad things happening so I decided to contact the owner MR. TIM MATTHEWS, HMM MUST BE A NICE GUY, , , I NEVER HEARD FROM HIM...GUESS THEY WOULD RATHER LOSE ANOTHER CUSTOMER, THEN TRY AND COME TO SOMEKIND OF AGREEMENT. OH, , AND DON'T BUY WATCHES, THEY WILL come to you with DEAD BATTERIES or they only run for a FEW WEEKS!!! Time for me to move on, , , don't think I will be shopping there anymore either.

• St
    Steve May 12, 2009

I 've been a customer with JTV for several years now. Your right, it is a hit or miss. I have sent back about 30% of the gemstones that I had purchased due to poor quality. But they have a good return policy, that's why I continued to do business with them until recently. I purchased a Paraiba Tourmaline for just under $1000.00. When I received the stone it was smaller and weighed less than the description stated. I called the same day to express my anger. I told customer service that I would be returning the stone for a refund since the stone was misrepresented. She appologized and stated that she would send out a return label so I would not be responsible for shipping and insurance to sent it back but it could take up to 14 business days to receive. Since their policy clearly states that items that cost over $499.00 have to be returned within 14 business days I could not take that chance and returned it a few days later. I returned it certified to make sure it got there in time. Shortly after I contacted the postal service and they stated that it was delivered and signed for. When I logged on to my account with JTV I saw that the stone had not been returned yet. I called customer service and they told me that the stone had not been returned. I then sent all my documentation to the BBB, credit card company and FTC. The credit card company has credited my account. A customer rep. from JTV called me about six weeks after I made this purchase and told me the company was returning the gemstone to me along with a letter of explaination. She stated that she could not tell me why. It sounds like because of someones error in judgement I have to pay for it. They just lost a customer.

• M7
    m72 Jun 01, 2009

YOU NEED TO SUE!!!

YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOF THIS IS WRONG, complain everywhere you can need to start a class action law suit if one is not already started .
    No call your credit card company put a fraud alert on your card, have the credit card company send you a new card and number.
    That is illegal for them to send back the stone a and recharge you without your permission.

Do not accept the stone write return to sender. Contact the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, call your news like AKINS ARMY that deals with scam companies.
    Every post I read gets worst and worst, I am telling you someone will go postal on that company one day!

• M7
    m72 Aug 08, 2009

Contact the attorney general in your area and keep making complaints they will start to add up-then something can be done, if no one contacts them nothing will be done about it.
    ***If you ever have to send back a return item make sure you send it certified mail(get a signature) and send it overnight, the faster it gets there the better. You should also take a picture of the merchandise with a newspaper next to the merchandise(make sure the date can be SEEN clearly), that way you have proof of what you sent back and the date.
    ++ IF YOU TAKE THESE IRONCLAD STEPS THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN WIGGLE OUT OF GIVING YOU A REFUND.

• St
    Stada Jan 18, 2010

I agree guys and gals! Having been a JTV watcher for many years I have watched their jewelry going down hill for a long time. Most of the jewelry comes from India or China, and their diamonds look like salt nuggets. I just love it when they say buy for investment. Jewelry is only worth what you can get for it and unless you bought gold, way back when, you never get your money's worth. Unless, of course you can get hold of the crown jewels at a real cheap price.
    They are there to "hawk" their cheap products and could care less. Jewelry has never been a "good" investment unless you can make it yourself or buy wholesale direct from a real jewelry company. That isn't going to happen for most of us!!! The mark-up is ridiculous!

MAD JOE49 Jan 18, 2010

I hear what you are saying! It is called cherry picking. They pick the best ring from the lot and show that on TV or they show you one they bought at a real jewelry store. All the ones that they are sending out are throw away stones. They pay next to nothing to them and sell them at a mark up to us. They hide the flaws. Like put the prong over the chip, set the stone in a setting the hides the side, etc. You will never, and I mean never, by a pc. of jewelry for 60.00 and it sales at retail for 180.00, they always say this is 3 to 5 times below retail!! right...bs

• Ct
    CTrobin Feb 19, 2010

I agree completely. In my case, I purchased a ring and the stone fell out and was lost after about the 6th wearing. When I contacted customer service, I was told I should have also purchased their JewelrySafe Plan. In reviewing that plan, it clearly does NOT cover lost stones. Yes, The stone also did not appear anything like it did on the screen. There was no depth, no fire, nothing. Now I have a setting with no stone. They said I could buy a new stone with a 10% discount and PAY to have my jeweler set it. NO THANKS!! I will never do business with them again and I have told my friends/family to do the same thing.

• Nj
    njaa08 Jun 16, 2010

Stay away from JTV people! My mother got hooked for several years. She emptied her 401k and bought all this junk jewelry thinking that she was making a better investment. $145, 000 later, she had to file for bankruptcy. The trustee valued my mom's $145, 000 loot from JTV at $1, 500. Not only is she now bankrupt, she has lost her inheritance since the trustee will be taking her shares of the family trust. These people should be imprisoned for fraud but, I guess it's buyer beware!!

• Li
    lizygator Sep 26, 2010

jtv and bidz are the same company they are selling the junk that you buy on jtv
    then sell it on bidz

• Wi
    Winterbuttercup Oct 23, 2010

Oh yes, I have @ least found somewhere I can relate, but its not limited to just J.T.V. Its all of them, I am currently mixed up in one and I bid on a ring got s conf# they got the money out of the bank and then I found out when I looked @ my online acc. to see if it had ben dispatched, CANCELED! I did not cancel it. Then I had to call and get the run around and hold for 20min @ a time and wait for someone to get with me. Not to mention the time I spent waiting, once they flashed it to try to make it in. There were only 7. I got a conf.# and everything, I think thats why this place calls it bid.
    I am trying to work this out if I am not satified, I will run their name into the ground. They are all crooks and trained to lure us in, no telling what kind of subliminal is coincided with this! I always thought I would never fall into something like this, but guess what gang. HERE I AM!

• Lo
    lovdatcat Oct 30, 2010

I brought some of my parcels that I ordered from JTV to a jeweler only to find out that some of it was just colored glass. I did however spend $220.00 on a morganite ring from them. I had it sent to a Gemologist who says the stone itself is worth $300.00. It also has some some diamonds and supposed alexandrite. I am having an official appraisal done on the ring. Though they thing it will appraise for over $700.00 the stone does need to be re-set because they did it wrong.

• Tu
    tuzie Apr 18, 2011

I also bought a bracelet from jtv and the stone which was large fell ot after only wearing 3X and they would not replace the stone. I would never buy anything from them again and I had previously bought several items of jewelry.

• Wi
    Winterbuttercup Apr 19, 2011

I fianally got my refund pending in my acc. from Palm Beach Jewelry(Brylane Home) Straight up this has been a nightmare from H***. Please, who ever reads this pass the word, they will lie to you, give you the run around, then you get your money back, but NO jewelry and all the stress and hassel for NOTHING! So, PALM BEACH JEWELRY in BocaR. Fl. I hope you go out of business! May the tides of the ocean devour YOU! Sorry, but they should not do people this way. I wanted this for Mothers day, my mother passed away! I did not get it to her! Thanks, Winterbuttercup

• 2c
    2 CALI Sep 20, 2011

I TOTALLY AGREE THEY COLLECT YOUR MONEY AND NEVER SEND YOUR ORDER I CURRENTLY HAVE TWO COMPLAINTS OUT THE TENNESSEE CONSUMER AFFAIRS AGENCY & TENNESSEE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ITS BEEN A MONTH AND STILL NO REFUND THE ITEM WAS A FAKE NOT IN THEIR INVENTORY THERES BETTER PLACES TO SPEND YOUR MONEY

• At
    atruthisgood Apr 01, 2012

I have never seen a company who started out pretty good, go downhill as rapidly as JTV has in the past few years. Their jewelry used to be nice. I have several pieces that I absolutely love. I have not gotten anything in the past couple years that is worth my money and have dramatically cut down shopping with them. Even with the occasional discount codes, I can't justify spending money on such poor quality jewelry. It is also quite annoying to hear those show hosts go on and on and on about how "gorgeous" an item is and how you should "charge it on two credit cards" in order to get it and then when you do get it, its quality is very poor. Don't they know that when they give out that kind of misleading information about an item, and you purchase the item and then see first hand what it looks like, that destroys their credibility with you for future purchases. I don't watch the channel anymore and haven't for sometime because I just have to mute the ridiculous statements made by the show hosts. Ethically, there has to be a limit to what a show host would say for a paycheck...and if not, customers should use the only voice they have in an economic system like ours, which is the spending of their dollars. If a company, does not do right by its customers, don't do business with them at all.

• Th
    Thomas B. Hancock Jun 16, 2012

OK everyone here above w/ lousy misspelled non understandable, ledge-able, reliable complaints: I have spent quite a considerable amount of money over time at JTV on a huge variety of items, & I absolutely completely love everything I have ever purchased & kept from them (loose gems, jewelry, other JTV gift items), & anything I didn't like I simply returned-no hassles from JTV at all (either for exchange or refund). I also never have had any problems with returned items getting lost, misplaced or not credited, & it's been more than just a few. &/or only a few various items I wasn't crazy about but kept because ! called customer care & was offered a discount-so I decided to keep it instead of returning-no worries about it now. I bought alot of mostly inexpensive semi-precious loose gems-all the ones I could afford (in my price range) that I really liked, & I'm glad I did now!! I think they have great & very decent trustworthy prices on everything at JTV. Their pricing philosophy & beliefs are plain & simple-make it (be it small or big) totally affordable to everyone, no matter your budget (they have a little something for everyone be it rich or poor, even SS poor like me too!) & they aren't out just to "take your money & run" by any means & they're almost wholesale prices too by the way. Try to buy it locally & see how much it costs you for the same thing!! The gems, etc. there are very excellent quality. & if any item that you get isn't to your liking or satisfaction (flawed in any way or not), you can simply return it, again no hassles-just call & communicate w/ any customer care agent about it & they will pleasantly/happily give you complete instructions as to what to do next. & in some instances they will even give you a discount on it if you're not totally happy w/ your item but really don't want to bother w/ the hassle to return/exchange/refund it-again all you have to do is communicate IE just pick up your phone & call customer care. They are a very fair & excellent, great, trustworthy etc., yet quality product providing large company in my opinion & just from my own experience alone talking w/ various agents to make a purchase & believe me it's a lot of all kinds of different people I've talked to over time who work at JTV, I can't even begin to know where to start on how kind & sincere & helpful they all are! They are all lovely sweet people there! I will indeed continue to always purchase from JTV & I hope they will be here forever too. They are also the one & only whole world wide largest loose gem stone dealer available to the public.by the way. Their TV programs are all very educational too. So I'd highly recommend watching it if you love the art of gem collecting & gemology as I do, Oh & to all you rich people: Quit wasting your money at expensive Hollywood style jewelry stores etc., & buy it all from JTV instead! Contrary to what the people above say, JTV has superb jewelry, gems, gifts. Save your money & give it to me instead-ha! They also have shipping deals to save money if you learn the stragedy. Signed, a forever & loyal fan. Thomas B. Hancock

• Di
    diamond D May 21, 2013

What a bunch of complainers. Everyone wants something for nothing. I've bought the jewelry and its beautiful for the price!!!

• ,,,,,,,,,, Jun 03, 2013

This company needs stringing up and hanging rip of taken my 300 pounds and gone no good bunch

• Ju
    JunkTV Jul 16, 2013

Thomas B. Hancock, for some one who begins by complaining about others mispellings and poor writing your post sure is filled with spelling mistakes and grammar errors galore.

I suggest you go have all your JTV purchases appraised, or even try to sell them on eBay, and you will find out what kind of junk you truly have. I'm a certified gemologist and can tell you, without exception, JTV sells poor quality merchandise to the guilble. Im also continually shocked by the fact that at least 60% of their customers tend to be on either SS disability or pensions. It's a real tragedy the way these people throw away money on the shiny, sparkly things they are told whopping lies about on the TV.

• Ki
    Kimberly L Brock Oct 24, 2015

I purchase a teyama oyama turquoise ring. it looked beautiful on JTV. when it arrived 3 weeks later, it looked so CHEAP and SMALL! the stone was the size of a small button and looked like a button(plastic). it had NO striations on as shown on JTV. what really got me was the "Made in China"., in the description, it said mine out of Kingman Mines. Arizona.. So, JTV LIED about the genuine turquoise, they sold me... It was junk from China!!

• Ta
    Tameka Alexander Dec 23, 2015

Wow I've ordered from them and I can agree the quality of the diamonds are not that great but I still love them all because my husband bought them.Everyone can't afford to spend thousands on jewelry so I appreciate the fact people are able to with them.If you looking for Zale's quality for Wal-Mart money you dreaming.As for the complaints about returned items I was not aware they were doing this.Kind of makes me wonder about ordering again.Reading these comments I was horrified.

• Bl
    Bling24k Feb 01, 2016

To the first customer who PURCHASED SEVERAL RINGS and wasn't satisfied with the first.. WHY DID YOU CONTINUE TO BUY FROM THEM IF YOU DIDNT EVEN LIKE THE FIRST ONE????? I agree 100% about the complainers...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. You cant expect a 24k solid stone 2 kt for 200.00.
    I do business with them AND HAVE HAD 1 PROBLEM THAT WAS HANDLED ASAP. In other words, try and go to Red Lobster on Long Jon Silvers price!!!

• Re
    Reviewer62169 Feb 04, 2016

after talking with 3 different customer service people I am still waiting for a simple return label which should of been sent a week ago.. . they were told told I have no printer!! I just talked to someone again in customer service.. now I have to wait 3 to 5 days again!! unbelieveable.. the ring I purchased had opals that were turning clear..really of poor quality.. I probably will never buy anything again from jewelry t.v.

• Rt
    RT621 Sep 09, 2016

I have bought several pieces from JTV, and was very pleased with my purchases. I am not a jeweler, and just a person who likes sparkle. I have never had anything appraised, just liked how it looked, until I purchased an aquamarine necklace supposedly valued at $1100. I was so excited when I got it home. I decided to have it appraised for insurance, imagine my surprise when I was told by a certified gemologist that it was nothing better than poor quality blue topaz, only 1 or 2 of the stones were aquamarine out of the 61. I was embarrassed, and very upset. I looked like such a fool. When I confronted JTV customer service about this, they said they did not always check the stones they recieved, and only went by their vendors word. Really? I just heard Nikki say you check everything before it goes for sale? Well, she says, it is a very complicated process, and we don't check everything. What? That's like me ordering a BMW from a company, and getting a Ford by the time it gets here.

It is FRAUD to tell someone they are getting something, and giving them something completely different. It is called BAIT AND SWITCH. Very illegal!! CHECK YOUR PURCHASES WITH THEM. You cannot trust that they are giving you what they say they are giving you. It may look like a diamond, but it could really be a quartz or a piece of glass. I have bought a lot of things with them, but this will be the last.

Now I have to tell all my friends STAY AWAY FROM JTV!!! YOU CANNOT TRUST THEM!

• Cc
    CCC is me Sep 21, 2016

I recently ordered several pieces of Jewlery💎 from JTV. This is the first time I have ordered anything from JTV. For starters I ordered 5.rings💍, 1.pair of earring, & 1. bracelet. First of all they sent me duplicate items. When I only ordered 1.each❗️ The bracelet arrived broken inside of its cheap clear plastic baggy, After checking there website for there reviews on that same bracelet, there were others that had just received broken bracelets like my self‼️
    The earrings also arrived broken inside of their cheap clear plastic baggys❗️ I checked the reviews on that item as well & many others had received broken earrings just like me‼️
    Now to add insult to injury let's move on to the rings. Most were duplicate items I never ordered. The other 2 rings, I did take out of their plastic baggys, the gold was sooooo thin & weak I could bend them both. The stones in both of rings 💍💍 were cracked and chipped❗️ Very visible with the naked eye. I was scammed, deceived & ripped off ‼️ 😱
    I immediately shipped back to CROOKED JTV. All of their CRAPPY, FAKE & BROKEN Jewlery they had sent to me‼️
    I then placed a call☎️ to VISA to stop any and all payments to CROOKED JTV‼️
    Just making sure I have the last word❗️Not the JTV thieves ‼️.
    Stay far away from 🚫JTV🚫. & all of their fake ### garbage‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️ 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

C.C.C

l

Sam is4u Sep 22, 2016

⚡️TO EVERY ONE OUT THERE, ⚡️ GO TO (PAGE 2) & SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM & READ THE
    REVIEW FROM : 22nd of Sep, 2016 BY: CCC IS ME.

THAT REVIEW SAYS IT ALL ! !
    AWESOME REVIEW !

• Ka
    Karen Christian Oct 16, 2016

I am shocked and very saddened to read all the above negative reviews about JTV. I started watching them about 3 months ago (to get away from all the dreadful political stuff being spewed on the airwaves!), and being a lover of pretty jewelry, I began ordering a few small items like rings and earrings, nothing over $100.00. There were a couple of items that were a bit disappointing, but for the most part I have loved the things I've bought from them. However, after reading about so many bad experiences from others, I will probably not buy much, if anything, from them in the future. Sad to learn I was probably ripped off, but glad I took the time to read what others have had to say.

norilma Nov 04, 2018

ON MARCH 13, 2107, I place an order of a rado imitation watch. This item was suppose to arrive on April 06. I do not have the tracking number to track the item. I do not have the information about the seller.

• Ka
    KatG58 Nov 19, 2018

6-29-16 I applied for a JTV acct. YET AGAIN, this time I have perfect credit, and was turned down again!! AND, they make a hard pull on your credit.

Not your fool Jun 02, 2019

BEWARE!!! Just recently they “upgraded” their camera video to enhance their products. I shop JTV Jewel School and what you see on screen is not what you get! Just recently they showed Czech Glass parcels, Aquamarine bead sets and Garnet bead strands, all of which I purchased. When I received them I couldn’t believe how scammed I felt. The 1lb bag of Czech glass was at least 1/3 full of seed beads, the aquamarine beads were dull and chalky, and the garnet bead strands looked like mud nuggets on a string. They need to be sued again for fraud.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices