Jewelry Television Inc.fraud and scam

A

I recently was watching Jewelry Television because I own a Jewelry Business. Suddenly, their Salespeople got very excited and said 'We have the best deal during the history of Jewelry Television coming up.' They then proceeded to describe parcels of Tanzanite and Sapphires. They described these stones as top quality and most of them over a carat each. They said they were clearing their inventory and they were willing to take a loss on the gemstones.

Well I bought 2 parcels and it was definitely too good to be true. The redneck salespeople just flat out lied about their loose gemstones.

I received 2 parcels of stones and there was one Tanzanite that was over a carat. The one that was ove a carat was worthless because it had a horrible inclusions. The rest of the stones were under a carat and inferior quality.

Moral of the story, Don't believe a bunch of redneck salespeople on Jewelry Television. It is definitely deceptive advertising and they wasted my time because now I am writing this letter about them and out shipping and handling.

I received my money back, but I have to pay for their shipping and my shipping which came to about $15.

These lying rednecks will tell you anything to push their inferior quality gemstones. There is no telling how many people they ripped off doing the same thing.

Buyer Beware!!

• Jg
    JGuinn Feb 21, 2012

I have not purchased from JTV, but I have watched hours of their sales promotions in the wee hours of the morning when I can't sleep. From time to time I have been tempted to purchase, but then I look critically at the "gems" being displayed and notice small, troubling items in most of the stones: (1) as the stone turns, watch the large, table (top) facet and at some point, you may see minute striations from the light refraction; (2) again, watching the stone, from time to time I see small occlusions inside the stones; (3) in particular, on a number of the cabochon stones, when the back is shown, some stippling can be seen on the flat surface when the light strikes it at the proper angle. The striations on the top and the stippling on the back give me the opinion that these are NOT high quality, first class stones. Again, noticing the stone on display, the girdle -- (that flat, horizontal edge between the crown (top) and pavilion (bottom) -- will sometimes reveal an edge that does not illustrate first-class, smooth polishing. The cutlet (the point on the back of the stone) is sometimes shown to be less than absolutely sharp ... even at times looking somewhat blunted.

Now, for those of you who have been perfectly happy with what you have received from Jewelry Television, that's great. I'm truly glad that you're happy with your purchases, but I just want to point out that much of what is said from the host steers the buyer away from the point that you're NOT buying first-quality stones. You may not be getting duped if you compare and accept the gemstone quality for what you pay, but please don't expect the low prices to indicate a great deal for a top-rated, high quality stone -- that's NOT what you'll be getting.

• De
    DEALS MEANS FAKE Feb 14, 2011

I've just got my gemstones today. I did not have to open the bag to tell they were "glass typed" gemstones. The gemstones looked so fake that it is ridiculous. It's Valentine's Day and I am so disappointed with this company because it's messed up so much. I guess you can't trust no company these days (take Wall Street for example.)However, I'm sending these glass stones back and I looked at this as a lesson to be learned. DON'T BUY NOTHING OVER THE INTERNET OR T.V. IF I CAN'T TOUCH IT OR SEE IT PERSONALLY, DON'T BUY IT!

ANGELEYES Nov 07, 2009

Hmm! JTV is not only scamming their customers. They are scamming their OLDER employees. Word has it that a class action law suit is underway. According to the suit, some of the defendants are officers and directors of JTV, Tim Matthews, F. Robert Hall, Bill Kouns, Gerald Sisk, Charles Wagner and others are accused of enacting a scheme to get rid of OLDER EMPLOYEES who are apt to rise health care cost. Most of these employees were scammed out of their jobs sometime in May 2008. If you are one of the 40 and older, sicker ex-employee, you may join this CLASS Action suit. Wow, I feel bad for these people, but then I think why care about your employees, you sure don't care about the customers!! SHAME, SHAME. SHAME ON ACN, JTV...

• jamesisajeweler Apr 02, 2009

No the MORAL OF YOUR OWN STORY IS NEVER BUY GEMSTONES YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO FROM "REAL GEMSTONE DEALERS" WHO COULD'VE GOT YOU "QUALITY TANZANITE & SAPPHIRES WITHOUT HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

I'm a REAL ATLANTA JEWELER AND I DON'T BUY JEWELRY FROM ONLINE JEWELRY SHOPPING CHANNELS and neither should you been doing that regardless of what the salesperson said to make you pull out your credit card and buy those GARBAGE GEMSTONES.

You should know as REAL JEWELER such as myself THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BARGAIN DEAL ON TANZANITE? TANZANITE IS 1000 times rarer than a diamond so why in hell would you believe the mess you're were being told from a tv screen?

To everyone reading my comment to this jeweler, if you do the same thing he's done YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, AND THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A DEAL ON "QUALITY DIAMONDS, GEMSTONES ESPECIALLY TANZANITE, OR JEWELRY.